Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Snagged your email, you'll be receiving it shortly. You can go ahead and edit it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
I'll take it, though I can't promise I'm a good enough knitter to do it justice!

Fire In The Disco fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 1, 2012

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Email got, you can edit. :)

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Behold in its monolithic glory, the Dustbunny:

It's made of WULL.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

That thing is the most adorable little bunny, I would actually put up with it. :3:

(I may dislike rabbits)

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

It came out better than I expected, especially when I thought to check how the wrong side of the stockinette looked--most of the extra WULL fluff accumulated on that side. It's going off to Etsy (and/or the farmer's market if it doesn't sell there).

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Oh my god that is a tiny little tail, isn't it? I don't know how it got cuter but it did.

ReneaKat
Dec 11, 2010
I'd also like that shawl pattern please!

Thanks!

ReneaKat fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 2, 2012

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Behold in its monolithic glory, the Dustbunny:

It's made of WULL.

WULL :byodood:

I'm going to make a sheep with my WULL!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

The WULL is pretty good for critters; I used it with some other feathery stuff for my pollen plushy pal. The dustbunny used up nearly the last of it, though, so I no longer get to go around the house saying WULL WULL WULL.

I'm relieved I wasn't the only person who thought that stuff was hilarious.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

I keep reading it like it's German.

"VULL VULL VULL!!!" That's all I'm seeing.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Please send me the shawl pattern.

e: ta :)

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 2, 2012

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:
I'd appreciate a copy of the shawl pattern, too. It's gorgeous!

Edit: Thank you!

CaptainHairdo fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 2, 2012

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Sent! Go ahead and edit your mails out.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
I would love a copy of the shawl pattern if it's still going.

Pattern received! Thank you.

Serenity Dove fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 3, 2012

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Ooh, if it's not too late, I'd like one, too. My username at gmail. Thanks. :)

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Never too late. I figure goons have been good to me, I should be good back. Should be on the way!

HeatherChandler
Jun 21, 2007

Is this turnout weak or what? I had at least 70 more people at my funeral.
I am still interested in that patter FelicityGS!

anonymityontheinternet@gmail.com

Thank you so much in advance!

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Away it goes! Got my internet back. :) I like internet.

After bouncing between three projects and wanting desperately to cast on another at work, I feel like that shawl will be the last thing I'll finish for a while. :sigh:

Yarn!
Feb 27, 2010

by T. Finninho
Cutest thing I ever made, a little chick made out of angora, took me about an hour and a half.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just spent about a month, off and on, knitting and frogging a sock. I've had to redo the heel once already, and now I've discovered that it was made for much flatter feet. These are toe-up, so I was trying them on as I knit, but I still didn't realize there was a problem. I thought it was hard to try on because it was on the DPNs. Turns out it just doesn't fit my foot. My ankle/heel circumference is too large, so it's tight across the top of my foot, and I only realized this after knitting half the leg.. and I was going for knee-length socks.

I don't want to frog this entire thing, but I think I might have to, unless I can will myself to make another and give them to someone with flatter feet. Someone I really, really like.

Ugh. :sigh:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Rip back to when you started the gusset increases (if it has a flap). That way you can do more increases so it will fit your feet. That way you still have the toe and part of the foot done!

It's the little victories in knitting.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Mizufusion posted:

I just spent about a month, off and on, knitting and frogging a sock. I've had to redo the heel once already, and now I've discovered that it was made for much flatter feet. These are toe-up, so I was trying them on as I knit, but I still didn't realize there was a problem. I thought it was hard to try on because it was on the DPNs. Turns out it just doesn't fit my foot. My ankle/heel circumference is too large, so it's tight across the top of my foot, and I only realized this after knitting half the leg.. and I was going for knee-length socks.

I don't want to frog this entire thing, but I think I might have to, unless I can will myself to make another and give them to someone with flatter feet. Someone I really, really like.

Ugh. :sigh:

I switched from dpns to circulars for socks because it makes it so much simpler to try on. If you prefer knitting on dps, you can always slip all the stitches on to the circ just to try them on, then knit them back onto the dpns.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Yeah, I figured I'd rip it back to the gusset, but that's a lot to undo and I'm really demotivated now. :sigh:

I've been thinking of switching to circs, though. I'm using DPNs right now because they're comfortable, and I don't have a lot of money to spend. I have two sets of US3 DPNs that I got for free, so that's much more economical for me. I do have a circular US3, but the cable is short and the entire thing is made of awful plastic. The needles are too flexible, and the cable isn't long enough to do magic loop comfortably. :saddowns:

I just put the sock into hibernation and started working on something else, which will hopefully be much easier and fit nicer.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FelicityGS posted:

Never too late. I figure goons have been good to me, I should be good back. Should be on the way!

I don't have it. :(

Would you mind sending it again?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

neongrey posted:

I don't have it. :(

Would you mind sending it again?

I typed gray instead of grey because I'm smart. :downs: Should arrive this time.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I know this is a crochet pattern, but I just wanted to share that someone finally found a way to use up that drat stupid pompom yarn.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Oh god, it's so ridiculous, and I have three different pink pompom yarns.. maybe I'll have my crochet friends show me how to make this, or attempt to knit it instead. Or maybe I'll let the yarn keep sitting there forever.

Have some pictures of socks while I think about it:

My current project. I honestly have no idea if this is going to work since I'm improvising a pattern, but it should be alright. K2, yo, k2, k2tog pattern all around, and I'm about to start a short-row heel. Sounds easy, right? Hopefully it will be. :downs:

The sock I'm about to frog. You can see why I'm hesitant to rip back that much knitting. It's long enough to be a complete sock, but if I rip it back to the gusset to fix the size, it'll only be a few inches long, and the yarn will be all kinked.. but it really doesn't fit my foot.. :sigh:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Jesus I thought you were only a few inches past the heel not nearly complete sock past. :( that sucks.

Maybe try frogging it into a skein and steaming it to get rid of kinks if those are a huge problem?

Also how is the yarn holding up to frogging? If it still looks good what yarn is it because I love all yarn that holds up to frogging.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
It holds up alright, I think. It's a bit fuzzy so occasionally you get pills or it tries to stick together, but other than that it's alright. Both of the socks I'm working on right now are the same brand of yarn, "Luxury Sock" by Loops & Threads. It's a blend of merino superwash, nylon, and cashmere. It's really soft, and fairly cheap because it's the Michael's brand. I think I paid about $6 per skein.

I went up one needle size from what they recommend, though. The swatch they had knitted for display just felt awful, and lost all of its softness. :(

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

What's that? Totally nerdy cat scarves?

This is #1 of a set of three, a prize in a raffle from Pet Island. Naturally, there will be a Command scarf and an Operations scarf.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

My boyfriend immediately d'awed and wanted on for his kitty. :3

Also, everyone with my pattern: you can grab a backup Rav copy for free for the next week. Code is somethingawfulgoons , that way if any updates or errors come up I don't have to track you all down.

Also, page for it: coupon code . Should take you to the page to put the code, and then you can just select the pattern and good to go!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

FelicityGS posted:

No cat should go unprepared into space!

I might make a special Star Trek custom cat scarf listing on my Etsy shop. So, you know, the folks that want their cat to be a Next Gen Operations Lt. Commander can get that all sorted out.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FelicityGS posted:

I typed gray instead of grey because I'm smart. :downs: Should arrive this time.

Yay, I got it! Thanks. :)

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

FelicityGS posted:

Also, everyone with my pattern: you can grab a backup Rav copy for free for the next week. Code is somethingawfulgoons , that way if any updates or errors come up I don't have to track you all down.

Also, page for it: coupon code . Should take you to the page to put the code, and then you can just select the pattern and good to go!

I picked up a copy, thank you so much!

Bossy Bear
Apr 16, 2012

FelicityGS posted:

Thanks for the code! That is a gorgeous pattern.

Despite the never ending warm weather here in Louisiana, I have been on a cowl binge. My favorite so far is this tubular cowl with speckles that look like little hearts:

I'm a sucker for speckled projects.

I put it up as a free pattern on Ravelry if anybody wants to make one later in more reasonable weather conditions. :heysexy:

Bossy Bear fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 16, 2012

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Oh, that's very pretty! I love the red/grey combination.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Bossy Bear posted:

Thanks for the code! That is a gorgeous pattern.

Despite the never ending warm weather here in Louisiana, I have been on a cowl binge. My favorite so far is this tubular cowl with speckles that look like little hearts:

I'm a sucker for speckled projects.

I put it up as a free pattern on Ravelry if anybody wants to make one later in more reasonable weather conditions. :heysexy:

Dawww I love how they look like little hearts because stockinette is awesome. :3:

Bossy Bear
Apr 16, 2012

Thanks, guys! My favorite part about the red is that the yarn variegates between lighter and darker reds so each little "heart" looks a little different. It makes the stockinette interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeatherChandler
Jun 21, 2007

Is this turnout weak or what? I had at least 70 more people at my funeral.
More lace. I can't help it if I like the most popular patterns on Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/swallowtail-shawl), so you may have already seen thousands of these. Have another!