Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Those same people say Jaqen, Syrio, and Howland Reed are the same person :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It lets a few characters project their feelings about what they think is about to happen....but I'm still saying: it's a comet. What possible actual impact could it have on the story that isn't mega-ridiculous?
Robb and a bunch of other Starks are launched into space using Melisandre's magic, then dig to the center of the comet and fill it with wildfire and then blow it up before it can impact Westeros and bring about a nuclear winter.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I don't mind if Syrio was an agent looking for promising talent, though it seems awfully coincidental that she meets up with another one so soon, but he'd just better not be alive.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The books said the comet was getting closer? I may have missed that.

It's so great watching the non-spoil threads debating who will win the iron throne in epic battles and political intrigue....aaaaaand after 5 books it's Tommen. And all he wants to do is play with some cats.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's so great watching the non-spoil threads debating who will win the iron throne in epic battles and political intrigue....aaaaaand after 5 books it's Tommen. And all he wants to do is play with some cats.

Who wouldn't want to play with Ser Pounce?

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Nobody ever suspects Tommen. He sneaks up on you like that. Learned it by chasing kittens around the castle.

To be fair, he's probably been the best ruler the kingdoms have had so far in the books.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And once again now that I've said this the GURM has re-written the end of the story to have the comet be a space targ returning to claim his space throne.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Joramun posted:

What happens when cats catch the laser pointer.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Tommen really does have it all for a while, decent advisors who just need his rubber stamp, cats to play with all day and the authority to do so, Margaery all up on his tiny weiner, crazy mom in jail.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Tommen really does have it all for a while, decent advisors who just need his rubber stamp, cats to play with all day and the authority to do so, Margaery all up on his tiny weiner, crazy mom in jail.

Abusive older brother dead, Great-Uncle being nice to him, kickass Grandma-in-Law.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

Abusive older brother dead, Great-Uncle being nice to him, kickass Grandma-in-Law.

Is Loras teaching him to lance too? Plus Ser Robert Strong is his bodyguard.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I think Loras got sent to Dragonstone before they started training but yeah, that kid knows how to king it up.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

crazypeltast52 posted:

Is Loras teaching him to lance too? Plus Ser Robert Strong is his bodyguard.

That's right! And Qyburn's there to make whatever impossible things he could want!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Tommen: future Rheagar?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

crazypeltast52 posted:

Tommen: future Rheagar?

Tommen's too happy a kid to become as emo as Rhaegar.

Dendra
May 3, 2009

quote:

he's much too much of an interesting character to die of infection or accident in Robb's camp

If that's what they think about characters dying, then that thread is going to be amazing next season :3

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Now I really want to buy a Tommen av, but he doesn't have a scene with Ser Pounce yet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The tviv thread is closed again! Someone mentioned a riot happens, in spoiler tags.

Ohhhh noooooooo!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intel&Sebastian posted:

In the Game of Thrones you either win or your die. Or just kind of mull around for a while doing nothing of importance. That works too.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I wish Margaery was all up on my tiny weiner (figuratively of course, I follow the strict guidelines of the Seven and choose to wait for marriage, or maybe for an indeterminate amount of time afterwards like Renly)

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

So The Hedge Knight is pretty good. Why can't HBO just scrap Game of Thrones and put Dunk and Egg onscreen?

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Book 7 will be 100 pages long and will end with an extinction-level comet event.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Ross posted:

Book 7 will be 100 pages long and will end with an extinction-level comet event.
"Winter is coming" refers to the global ice age brought on by the impact of the comet.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Joramun posted:

"Winter is coming" refers to the global ice age brought on by the impact of the comet.

Cracked me up that in the first episode of the book 2 series winter was, indeed, coming. And by the end of the 5th book, I think it got a little bit chilly you guys oh no

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
The next book is clearly all about winter and it will be out any day now.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

crazypeltast52 posted:

Is Loras teaching him to lance too?

he shouldn't if they ever want an heir :gay:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I couldn't have imagined Shae as being more annoying than in the books, but there you go.

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

Octy posted:

So The Hedge Knight is pretty good. Why can't HBO just scrap Game of Thrones and put Dunk and Egg onscreen?

They'll do a miniseries while they wait for Winds of Winter to come out.

Wait that'd be loving awesome. Do it, you assholes.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

empty sea posted:

I couldn't have imagined Shae as being more annoying than in the books, but there you go.

"I love the smell of cum."

Octy posted:

Because it would be too good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

crazylakerfan posted:

Found an awesome gem in the non-spoiler TVIV thread:

Get ready to be surprised :smug:

Robb beats Joffrey, Renly is king of the south, Arya gets safely home to Winterfell with Syrio, and Jaime never changes.

I love your doe-eyed innocence, you Bambi-rear end TVIV chumps.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Robb beats Joffrey, Renly is king of the south, Arya gets safely home to Winterfell with Syrio, and Jaime never changes.

Rains of Castamere should play at the start of every episode.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

crazypeltast52 posted:

Rains of Castamere should play at the start of every episode.

Who says it isn't?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I was one of those chumps last season. The HBO viewer's guide had enough hints in it for me to come up with the idea that Jon Snow was Rhaegar's son with Eddard's sister, and I thought I was the cleverest bastard for coming up with it. I was probated for my speculation, and was pretty bummed out because I figured I had been spoiled because of it.

I broke down and read all of the books during the break, and was pretty upset to find out that nothing ever really comes of Jon Snow's parentage. After finishing AFFC and ADWD, I felt empty inside, like I had been cheated of my time and money.

Then I started reading the Bad Thread, and everything made sense again. Now I look at the people in the TVIV No-Spoiler thread, and am filled with happiness and sorrow. Happiness, because I am no longer a part of that mess, and sorrow, because I read their speculation and anticipate their utter disappointment.

No, wait, sorrow is the wrong word--more like, joy.

The Rains of Castamere will be made up of the tears of the posters in the TVIV No-Spoiler thread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
One of us!

One of us!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

bigmcgaffney posted:

I'm surprised that Dolash guy hasn't just gone and read all the books, given his predilection to overanalysis and walls of text. He's pretty on point regarding a lot of it though.

edit: the comet should smash into the planet and we find out it is a ruby statue from another universe possibly filled with alien souls

Oh no, if GRRM fans can't handle a few new characters in a prologue just imagine what Malazan stuff would do to them.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Blind Sally posted:

After finishing AFFC and ADWD, I felt empty inside, like I had been cheated of my time and money.

Pretty, pretty, preeeeeeeeeee-tay much.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
GRRM hates us all. ADWD was him punishing us for having the audacity to want him to finish his lovely rape-fiction cookbooks.

Truly it is the people who saw season 1 episode 1 and thought "this is loving stupid" who are wise.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

GRRM hates us all. ADWD was him punishing us for having the audacity to want him to finish his lovely rape-fiction cookbooks.

That reminds me, which one of you did this:

quote:

1. Absolute Fucker 169 up, 4 down

A person who goes on vacations when he's several years late on a deadline then acts put upon when people call him out on it.

Also a person who lures people into his home with promises of lemony cakes only to serve them Wild Cards and miniature sex dolls.

Me: Some would say that GRRM is an absolute fucker.

You: I agree with them.

Me: Hey, me too!

You: OK, it is settled then.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Urdnot Fire posted:

"I love the smell of cum."

That whole exchange was the stupidest loving thing. Like almost as bad as the Littlefinger lesbian sexposition dump scene in the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

IRQ posted:

That whole exchange was the stupidest loving thing. Like almost as bad as the Littlefinger lesbian sexposition dump scene in the first season.

Genuinely terrible. Normally I don't mind the show's, uh, deviations but that one just felt like some kind of committee effort to sound gurmulent.