Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

flatluigi posted:

How fast are you cancelling into and out of camera? Kneedrop can have the landing frames canceled + you should be able to cancel immediately from camera to super.
Worked out what I'm doing wrong. I'm cancelling the camera too quickly, such that I'm actually photoing my opponent while they're still slamming down to the ground and not actually OTG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Humpert posted:

With me being pretty into e-sports and competative gaming and all that, I love watching the tournaments in UMVC3. However, being in europe means I can't really watch that many of them live, and it's really quite annoying to find VOD's of matches. Is there a good site for this? SRK is pretty good at linking to replays but by then it's usually several days after the event has happened.
It usually takes a while for fighting game streamers to get things uploaded to youtube. It's usually just one person from each group trying to get everything done. The best way to catch up on events is through the stream archives since those are up shortly after the stream ends. On Twitch, click on the videos tab then More Videos and you go to a page like this http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/videos

The main US streamers are Level Up, https://www.twitch.tv/IPlayWinner and https://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky (older archives are on https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky ).

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

Cat Machine posted:

Dooooohhhh, it's so obvious now

e: ugghhhh still popping out

I still have trouble with this, the only real trick is to start the motion for the super before the camera even comes out, since I think you can cancel any frame of snapshot into a super. Which of course may lead to you not even taking the picture! That seems to happen less frequently, though. Alternatively, the shopping cart is way more accurate, but less damage.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

AXE COP posted:

That spacing between the pillars with Wright was fantastic.

I loved the commentators. "Look at him--look at him--you're not looking at him!" "I'M LOOKING!"

Then he hits Turnabout mode and they lose their poo poo. "THE FINGER OF DEATH! THE STINKY PINKY!"

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

East Coast Best Coast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdknvX2gey4&feature=youtube_gdata

(15 second XBL audio clip)

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
A little late but Dren if you're up for games I'm Waverhouse in XBL and I am playing at least once a day, although sometimes its at odd hours.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Waverhouse posted:

A little late but Dren if you're up for games I'm Waverhouse in XBL and I am playing at least once a day, although sometimes its at odd hours.

I am Dren129. Not gonna play today but I'll probably be on tomorrow for a while. I play 3-5 days a week, mostly in the evening.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

MY ANIME GF posted:

Sometimes I have a hard time doing the double footdive loop twice, like I'll mess it up and be above them. I really need to DHC into Frank West at 50+ hits consistently so I use s.H for extra hits. I also start with one buktooth rep because it's easy to land the first one but even if you gently caress up the timing it'll still transition into the double footdive combo pretty easily.

So basically I start with the Buktooth then do the Double Foot Dive loop for the second 2 parts.

I'm trying this one now so basically:

c.L, c.M, c.H, S, j.M (2 hits), H Foot Dive, ADDF, c.M, c.H, S, j.M (2 hits), H Foot Dive, ADDF, c.M, c.H, S, j.M (2 hits), j.M (1 hit), H Foot Dive, S Foot Dive, ADD, M, S....

It seems like they are flipping out when I go for M, S at the end there. Is HSD too high at that point?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

SpaceBees posted:

I'm trying this one now so basically:

c.L, c.M, c.H, S, j.M (2 hits), H Foot Dive, ADDF, c.M, c.H, S, j.M (2 hits), H Foot Dive, ADDF, c.M, c.H, S, j.M (2 hits), j.M (1 hit), H Foot Dive, S Foot Dive, ADD, M, S....

It seems like they are flipping out when I go for M, S at the end there. Is HSD too high at that point?
Yup. That's when you go for something like jump beam into Photon Array, or s.H L rocks Sphere Flame

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

iPodschun posted:

Yup. That's when you go for something like jump beam into Photon Array, or s.H L rocks Sphere Flame

I just got the whole thing to connect and it did 708,800 damage.

I've been kind of confused on Doom's combos because the guide bnb is the Buktooth loop with 4 loops, which does like 724kish damage. People are suggesting to do the combo Nidhogg posted, but if you can't get them in the corner, it seems like it does kind of garbage damage when you cancel j.M into Air Photon Array. Is 708,800 damage good with Doom? My Iron Man bnb does 748,300, and my Deadpool one does 771,800 damage (both fully mashed). Seems kind of low for a character I see killing the poo poo out of everyone all the time, but then again there's a lot of level 3s when he does kill a character.

Gonna try doing the one Niddhogg posted instead of the half Buktooth half Foot Dive loop one, see which one works better. I just feel like I'm doing too little damage with these bnbs but then again I don't have a good grasp on the character yet.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

SpaceBees posted:

I just got the whole thing to connect and it did 708,800 damage.

I've been kind of confused on Doom's combos because the guide bnb is the Buktooth loop with 4 loops, which does like 724kish damage. People are suggesting to do the combo Nidhogg posted, but if you can't get them in the corner, it seems like it does kind of garbage damage when you cancel j.M into Air Photon Array. Is 708,800 damage good with Doom? My Iron Man bnb does 748,300, and my Deadpool one does 771,800 damage (both fully mashed). Seems kind of low for a character I see killing the poo poo out of everyone all the time, but then again there's a lot of level 3s when he does kill a character.

Gonna try doing the one Niddhogg posted instead of the half Buktooth half Foot Dive loop one, see which one works better. I just feel like I'm doing too little damage with these bnbs but then again I don't have a good grasp on the character yet.
Damage totals with the combos I do: Two double footdive loops into corner sj.M (2 hit) f+H S, airdash down H Plasma Beam Photon Array (mashed) 735,300; three corner loops into s.H, M rocks, Sphere Flame 779,800; and three corner loops into s.M (1 hit) level 3 1,025,800.

Haven't tried the combo Fenn posted yet, but since I have the game up now I guess I'll give it a shot

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
After it's been freezing periodically, my 360 finally red ringed. Do we have a thread about how to transfer the data/account to a new one?

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

iPodschun posted:

Damage totals with the combos I do: Two double footdive loops into corner sj.M (2 hit) f+H S, airdash down H Plasma Beam Photon Array (mashed) 735,300; three corner loops into s.H, M rocks, Sphere Flame 779,800; and three corner loops into s.M (1 hit) level 3 1,025,800.

Haven't tried the combo Fenn posted yet, but since I have the game up now I guess I'll give it a shot

Is there any particular reason you do M rocks before Sphere Flame instead of H rocks?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Dren posted:

After it's been freezing periodically, my 360 finally red ringed. Do we have a thread about how to transfer the data/account to a new one?

If you mean transferring the digital rights associated with all your DLC/DL'd games, you can once a year transfer the licenses of your account to a specific Xbox (like the new one you may have bought) Here. If you mean getting your save games transferred over to a new HD, you will need a HD transfer cable for that

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Dren posted:

I'm sure the general Xbox thread could answer specific questions but just run account recovery on the new Xbox and then use the license transfer utility on the Xbox website. That will disassociate the licenses from your old Xbox and let you redownload the keys on your new one.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Getting 4 launches/foot-footdive loops in the corner for Doom isn't all that tough and will increase your damage, just cancel every multi-hit attack after the first hit and be quick with your inputs.

Also if you happen to have a fast OTG assist behind your doom for whatever reason you can do a full combo ending in knockdown, call your assist and jump, once they pop up do j.f+H, j.S xx add, end as normal.

I don't play Doom on the teams I take to tourneys anymore so that's my 2 cents for his combos.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Thanks guys. I got a 4 gig slim. I was able to disassemble the hard drive on my old elite and put it in the slim, take apart the DVD drive to get the MvC3 disc out, then do the license transfer. Everything seems to be working.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Chocolate America posted:

Is there any particular reason you do M rocks before Sphere Flame instead of H rocks?
I couldn't get H rocks to hit consistently while I got M rocks to hit every time so I just stuck with M

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

iPodschun posted:

I couldn't get H rocks to hit consistently while I got M rocks to hit every time so I just stuck with M

Fair enough. The hitstun scaling is crazy after 3 loops, much less 4.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Dren posted:

Thanks guys. I got a 4 gig slim. I was able to disassemble the hard drive on my old elite and put it in the slim, take apart the DVD drive to get the MvC3 disc out, then do the license transfer. Everything seems to be working.

Not to clog the thread with 360 console chat, but the old 360s have an eject hole that you can stick a paperclip into under the faceplate. I'd wager the slims have something similar. No disassembly required!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It turns out The Real Doom wasn't the last of the hidden on-disc UMVC3 DLC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0pdrNShrI

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Rokstar posted:

It turns out The Real Doom wasn't the last of the hidden on-disc UMVC3 DLC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0pdrNShrI

The Real Doom is still the best DLC. I hope someone finds The Real Rocket Raccoon DLC though. :)

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

According to Fubarduck, UMvC3 will be at SBO this year. Hopefully they are willing to alter the format a little bit, because a single game, single elimination Marvel tournament sounds terrible.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Holy poo poo, is this the year when an American team wins SBO?!

e: have some bug-tastic combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvNdpY40M4

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 2, 2012

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
If you touch a direction during the hyper freeze does that prevent you from xfactoring?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Dren posted:

If you touch a direction during the hyper freeze does that prevent you from xfactoring?

You can't buffer xfactor during the hyper freeze if that's what you're asking. You have to time it right after.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Nate405 posted:

You can't buffer xfactor during the hyper freeze if that's what you're asking. You have to time it right after.

That explains a lot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cat Machine posted:

e: have some bug-tastic combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvNdpY40M4

Are these infinites?

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Are these infinites?
It seems with few exceptions, these are infinites. The trick is explained a bit here: http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/02/umvc3-breaking-the-assist-limit-by-isedelica/
Essentially, with the one-assist-per-combo rule, blocking the friendly fire hit from joe's bomb somehow tricks the game into letting you use his assist again while continuing the same combo.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Remember guys that Captivate is this week, so if the game is getting some sort of update we will here about it soon (one week later when the embargo is lifted, or sooner if its leaked).

I really hope they do another update because its a waste of time for them to harass me about DLC every time I boot up the game when all they have is costumes.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
When the game came out, they said they would focus on fixing a few major bugs first, and then do at least one significant balance patch. The latter hasn't really come yet, so I'd be surprised if they announced anything more substantial than that.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I would be unironically hype as gently caress for H&H card DLC.

e: Provided it's free of course.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
H&H DLC should let you host lobbies to fight friends in the mode

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I would like DLC Heralds costumes but I kind of hate H&H even though I was hype about it at first so more cards wouldn't do anything for me. H&H wasn't fun for me after everyone got Luke Cage x 2 + Sabertooth.

For balance changes I feel like they could nerf Zero and Wesker a bit. I kind of hate Vergil's gigantic normals but I feel like it's my fault for not knowing the matchup well enough and playing online's fault for making stuff safer than it should be. Spencer's ridiculous damage could probably use some nerfing as well.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If they were to release a balance patch at this point, I'd recommend leaving most of the cast untouched. It's been proven that 90% of the cast is viable in some way or another.

If anything, Capcom shouldn't touch balance until post-EVO.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
To hell with online, just give me offline H&H versus and give me a bunch more cards that do screwy things.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

Cat Machine posted:

If they were to release a balance patch at this point, I'd recommend leaving most of the cast untouched. It's been proven that 90% of the cast is viable in some way or another.

This 100%. Honestly, I don't know why they would want to do anything but remove broken infinite stuff until Ultimate is at least a year old. The more data they can collect from players the better.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

So Magneto can cancel his blockstun using his direction altering specials.

And tempest is 4 frames startup on the flash, which means for two bars and the right supers (install supers, 1f supers) he gets punishes on a LOT of stuff that's normally safe like Vergil's helm breaker, Frank's kneedrop, and Wesker's launcher.

http://www.twitch.tv/frieda0914/b/313785976?t=37m13s

Also note that you can apparently plink the input for super so you don't have to double up on the QCB motion- just qcb+L plink MH for a 4+whatever frame punish through blockstun.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Cat Machine posted:

This give the game more time to settle.

Though fix the mags/joe bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Morrigan's TAC glitch could use fixing too. Crazy that we live in a world where I think Phoenix players need this but I do.

• Locked thread