Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Had lunch at a brewery with good friends (one of whom is representing me for a possible job lead), got a lot of poo poo done around the house (which now looks a lot better), and currently finishing up a project I've been putting off for seven months.

Oh, and yesterday-paid bills, bought MLBTV (so cheap!), and saw The Hunger Games.

Why can't every day be a weekend day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Alright, another. Went out tonight though I wanted to wallow in self-pity about my job instead. Encouraged by great new friends, got energy drinks and got the car gassed up. Tomorrow is hanging out with a friend/spending time at home with leftover Arby's for lunch, Wednesday is Jeopardy! tryouts, Thursday is dinner with another friend, Friday is another weekend.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. I ain't even mad.

The Stupid Hat
May 6, 2007
Just here to lurk
I made a run by the local supermarket this afternoon after getting off from work. I pulled alongside another car in the parking lot, and as I turned the engine off, and looked over into the passenger cab of the adjacent car.

There was a middle-aged African American woman in the car who was shaking and screaming. I at first thought she was having a seizure, but then I realized that there were two kids in the back seat--and they were acting similarly.

It was then I heard the car's radio turned on loud to a generic rock song. They weren't having seizures. They were ROCKING THE gently caress OUT.

The Mom let out a holler and threw her hands over her head, and the boy in the backseat threw himself onto his back and started playing the air guitar. The girl, the smallest of the children, got so excited that she started bouncing in her seat so high that her pigtails were touching the car's roof.

It really made me feel good to see a family having such a great time with each other, and for the kids to not be embarrassed to be seen having some ridiculous fun with their mom.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got a job!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Someone applied for a job where I work.

The covering letter read: "to <redacted> id wish to apply fot the handyman job thanks for taking a look thanks for your time"

An extract from the CV:

"Main responsibilities were 2 carry otu day to day actoins..."

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I was home sick today. And while being sick normally sucks, I got to catch up on sleep, skip a presentation at work (and no one minded because it meant they got to go to a party instead) and a guy left me a package with chicken soup and Emergen-C's on my front porch with a bow on top :) Oh, and same guy asked me to go away to the snow for the weekend and it'd only be my 3rd or 4th time ever seeing it.

I almost wish I'd get sick more often!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:woop:The replacement cochlear implant arrived today!:woop: Gettin' it programmed next wednesday, then I'll finally be able to fuckin' hear again!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Anjow posted:

Someone applied for a job where I work.

The covering letter read: "to <redacted> id wish to apply fot the handyman job thanks for taking a look thanks for your time"

An extract from the CV:

"Main responsibilities were 2 carry otu day to day actoins..."

That's amazing, my resume says the same exact thing!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Yelled at my coworkers (which was not good, I should have found a better medium but I was fed up with their b.s.) and it looks like it's going to produce some good changes around the office i.e. moving away from a bunch of chatterboxes and closer to peace and quiet, better office dynamics, etc. There is someone that will no longer talk to me but it's not much of a change from what was happening before. Also nice to know my scolding managers understood exactly why I did what I did and said they'd do the same if they were in my position.

Got home early from work. Took the Jeopardy! online test and did way better than I thought I would. If the lottery and a dream job I've had an application in to don't pan out, maybe Alex Trebek will take pity on me.

Also dinner with a friend tomorrow night - gonna waste time before that and drink before, during, and after the food comes.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
My loving boss put me in a position where I had to be the person to make a bunch of small children cry because she doesn't have the foresight to allow a reasonable amount of time for the kids to have a fun field trip, so on my way back to school after work I was angry and driving with my music loud and my windows down. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness came on, and I started halfheartedly rocking out in my car, when I came to a stop sign. A man in a suit was crossing the street. About halfway across, when he was right in front of my car, he started playing air guitar and danced the rest of the way across the street.

Made the rest of my evening infinitely better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
My mom told me I was one of her best friends.

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :unsmith:

Neeb
Oct 21, 2010
After a stressful few weeks of uni I finally had a day where I felt like I knew my poo poo in the lab and that I still do enjoy chemistry. Still have a lot of work to do over the next few days but I also get to go out and get drunk and see pretty much all of my favourite local bands over the next 3 days, so it's gonna be a great weekend.

All that and one of my best friends is back in town for her birthday so it'll be great to catch up with her.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have lost 8 from the 15 pounds I need to lose. I feel normal again! Now I have to work on my roller skating speed.

I also spent the night talking to the guy I'm seeing. We agreed we don't want anything serious, but it seems we're changing our minds :3:

The Gunge
Aug 20, 2011
Today, I smiled at some girl as I was walking down the street and she started sort of giggling and smiling. Then I whistled a happy tune.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

In the midst of a tonsil infection, I can use a little optimism and silver lining :) While home today, I finally got around to taking care of stuff I've been putting off for a long time. I bought new athletic shoes, new sheets (for the first time in about 4 years), finished homework for the classes I'm taking, finished getting my bike ride-able, and I finally got to the grocery store to pick up some of my favorite foods.

When I'm walking around on new shoes and sleeping on new sheets, my day is going to be super awesome :)

ZanderZ
Apr 7, 2011

by T. Mascis
I sat down on a bench in the park to talk to someone on the phone when a yellow lab ran up to me with his leash in his mouth. He plopped the leash down in front of me and put his head on my lap.

His owners are from Maine and lost him about 5 miles away from the park, so now I have a dog till tomorrow afternoon! :D

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've lost so much weight that I forgot to put my belt on and my pants fell down while I was mowing the law. They were tight when I got them at the beginning of the school year.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I had the yummiest carne asada burrito for lunch. It was the size of a small child.

Since then I've been in the archives researching a part for a diesel engine from 1939. I've gone through dozens of original schematics dating from that time period looking for the design change I'm after. I love this stuff, it fascinates me.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I'm officially allowed to tell people I got a promotion at work today! :toot: 10% pay raise, my own parking spot paid for downtown, and an extra 6000k a year in paid tuition for whatever training or school I want! Add the 5k general tuition reimbursement my school offers and I can go back to school for free!

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My primary care doctor said my mole isn't cancerous but is going to remove it anyway and for a fraction of the price of a dermatologist! I had to have a precancerous mole removed when I was younger so I have to keep an eye out. Also, taquitos for dinner.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Just got hired full-time as a photo post-processor for one of the highest rated standalone wedding chapels in Vegas, which if you didn't know is a pretty popular city for weddings and there's a ton of competition to be a top-ranked chapel.

I feel like I've finally ended the part of my life where I work dead-end hourly and bullshit office jobs that I hate. I'm finally getting paid to do what I do voluntarily in my free-time. It's awesome.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
I bought a baseball bat and batting gloves, so I can go to the batting cages and start practicing and then playing baseball again! I loved playing varsity, but I haven't played since early college (13 years now, wow)...looking forward to getting back into it, and it will be good exercise too.

Plus, I have a cool new bat!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's Friday afternoon, loving finally. And this time next week I'll be on the road for a week's vacation.

u: ate good Mexican food, finally saw Air Force One, none of our lottery numbers were called (didn't buy tickets), people liked a call to arms article I shared on facebook, and I found reasons not to travel out to an interview session tomorrow.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Mar 31, 2012

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's the weekend!!!!

I'm feeling better after a week of being sick and since I went ahead and canceled all my plans, I have two days of relaxing ahead of me. I haven't had this much free time in months AND I have my apartment to myself. I already did two loads of laundry so I have clean sheets, took the worlds longest shower and I get to sleep in as long as I want tomorrow. A whole two days. It's going to be so nice!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Tax refund came in! Yay having spare cash.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Beat the poo poo out of people in dance central and get to stare at kitties with every page because of adblock. It replaces all ads with kittens in a (I hope) legit update and not a silly april fools prank.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Well, after a series of fortunate events, my friend with benefits became my boyfriend. I met him online 3 years ago, weird that only now we decided to go out. But I'm happy about this! We are extremely compatible.

I've also lost 11 of the 15 pounds so far, that's awesome!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

In the past few days I've gotten a kiss from a rock star, got nominated for an award at my school's lame (but lovable) award show, and eaten pizza in Dundas Square in the middle of the night with my buddies. I feel like I might be on the right path with friends and potential career. Life is good!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

There was beautiful weather for a change, I got some stuff I needed from Ikea, I spent time with family and best of all, an exboyfriend of mine contacted me to talk and we even made tentative plans to hang out :) I've really missed having him in my life, in any capacity, so it left me with a big smile.

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005
Started the day off with a notice that xbox live charged my CC a double charge. Great, gotta take care of that after class. After about 25 minutes on the phone, got both charges removed, a friendly supervisor apologized very politely, and gave me 12 months gold free of charge.

I also did really great on a class test this afternoon, and my morning class was canceled, so another couple hour sleep. It's also really sunny out and nice for once.

Pretty awesome day really.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I met a super cute guy on OKCupid and we have a date on Wednesday! We're going out for sushi and seeing Hunger Games. Today in class I burned through my phone battery talking to him on gchat :3:

I found the recipe for a meatball dish I loved growing up. I made it for a friend's birthday potluck and it was a huge hit! So I made it again for myself; I'll have enough to have it for lunch all week.

Meatballs notwithstanding, I've lost ten pounds in the past few weeks.

I got my first two mortuary school quizzes back- both 100%!

I had an interview at a local Jewish funeral home last week; I won't know until the end of this week if I get the job (owner's out of town), but he said it looks good for me. Since I am a non-Jewish female, there's not much I'll be able to do besides stand around and tell people where to sit, answer phones, and be a general gofer (death certificates to and from the registrar, flowers, etc). I would be paid $13 an hour for this, which is about $5 more than I was expecting. This one is also MUCH closer to my house than the other one I interviewed at- only 5 minutes from school, or 15 from the house.

Everything's coming up Sex Hobbit!

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Apr 3, 2012

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Tomorrow morning my 8AM class is cancelled because my professor is out of town, and my 9:25 class is an optional test that I don't have to take because I already have an A and she drops the lowest test grade. I can sleep in tomorrow morning, so tonight I can stay up drinking and watching Golden Girls with my dog.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Not just today, but the last couple of days. I met a really awesome goon on OKC and we had a date on Friday. He asked me for a second date after he dropped me off at my dorm. :3: I've been talking to him for awhile now and he's just super awesome.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Just picked up my honors sash from the bookstore.

Five years of blood sweat and tears (because only cool kids go to college for five years) for a stupid shiny ribbon.

Not gonna lie, I considered wearing it around as a fashion accessory like a pageant queen.

Sheabel
Aug 11, 2008

Sheabel kind of fragile
I passed my final! I am now officially done with all coursework to be a certified behavior analyst. I'm so excited!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My cochlear implant arrived a few days ago and just today got programmed!

:siren::buddy: I CAN HEEEEEEEEAR! :buddy::siren:

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My cochlear implant arrived a few days ago and just today got programmed!

:siren::buddy: I CAN HEEEEEEEEAR! :buddy::siren:

This IS awesome, and you kinda made my day awesome to just by reading that :)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I was called "cute" twice yesterday. And I made a couple of new friends! :)

My morning class was cancelled today, but I didn't know that, so I dragged my rear end out of bed at 7AM. I was kind of pissed, but on the bright side I had an awesome breakfast and then went to the gym for a really tiring workout. Then I went home and had lunch, a roasted tomato sandwich, my favorite thing ever.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Started off my day with my cat knocking over a giant glass bottle of bubble bath (notably impractical but a present from my mother and it was really nice) and shattering it all over the tile floor while I was in the shower. :smith:

But it's my birthday so it can only get better from here, right? :unsmith: I got a happy birthday from Samwell, even, so that's pretty swell!

The rest of it turned out to be not so good. :smith:

Caitlin has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Apr 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I found $20 behind my car when I parked for breakfast this morning. I then spent the next ten minutes asking everyone outside if they'd seen who dropped it or whatever. Noone knew anything. There were no marks on the bill, no other bills around and we had 15 mph winds. Eventually I gave up because it could have come from anywhere and I had no way of locating who the hell it belonged to. But I didn't feel right about keeping it. :) So I donated it to a local charity fund because hey, if they can't get their money back at least it can go and help someone out, right?