Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

TOAST7312 posted:

...Could this have possibly been Hussie's indirect way of proposing to his girlfriend? Or were they already a thing that was engaged or something like that?

I didn't think so, but I checked her tumblr, and she's already said that it's not a marriage proposal. Apparently a few people had been thinking along the same lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
I have to say that is the BEST way that the intermission could have ended.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
That deserves a picture:

That hadn't even crossed my mind.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me

Alabaster White posted:

Death of the Author?

Either that or he's been playing a lot of the game with the same acronym.

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010
I was listening to the new album, and I noticed something:
Indigo Archer is identical to Switch from the Frozen Synapse OST.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hooray for album and end of intermission flash!

Now we know that Hussie really died on purpose. So he could finally meet Vriska in person to propose.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Quest Jefferson posted:

Wow, that's pretty loving shameless.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Quest Jefferson posted:

Uh oh.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Quest Jefferson posted:

Wouldn't be the first time it turned out surprise, one of the music team dudes stole some music. Probably won't be the last.

Kind of sucks for it to happen though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It just got taken out.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
Aaaaand it just got pulled.

That was pretty drat fast.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The last time it happened was possibly just negligence though, with the guy remixing a midi track he somehow boneheadedly assumed was originally his.

This is just hilariously shameless.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Asking for your own underage, dead character's hand in marriage is way the gently caress more than a few nanoseconds of interference, Huss. :colbert:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
Looks like there was a problem with Purple Tyrant too.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
I can just imagine how confused new readers who don't know the whole "I LOVE FAT VRISKA" joke would be.

Actually maybe it'd be even funnier without context.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Looks like there was a problem with Purple Tyrant too.
Well, I noticed it was by the same guy, so either it was (rightfully) pulled for that alone, or it was also stolen.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Quest Jefferson posted:

That's a shame. Good thing that it got caught so quickly, though.

edit: That's actually really a shame for the person who did the art for that song. :(

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 3, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Iron Knight also sounds almost exactly like Through the Flames and Fire, just shifted a note or something.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I'm loving the almost Aphex Twin vibe I'm getting from Gold Mage.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Iron Knight sounds a hellava lot like that Dragonforce song.

e:fb

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blah, sucks that after all that extra time that went into vetting all the legal stuff there was still a stolen track that slipped through simply because the music team hadn't heard the original piece before.

Also, given that this album appears to be specifically about the trolls and IIRC the original solicit was for any Homestuck character music, could there be a second album in the works too?

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Hahahah yeah these are straight up from Frozen Synapse. Poor Radiation. :(

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thundarr posted:

Blah, sucks that after all that extra time that went into vetting all the legal stuff there was still a stolen track that slipped through simply because the music team hadn't heard the original piece before.

Also, given that this album appears to be specifically about the trolls and IIRC the original solicit was for any Homestuck character music, could there be a second album in the works too?
They explicitly said there's another one in the works.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Iron Knight's intro certainly sounds inspired by Dragonforce's Through the Fire and Flames, but I can't really detect anything beyond that.

It better not be stolen because that song is awesome and metal as gently caress :mad:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Elysiume posted:

They explicitly said there's another one in the works.

Oops, I totally missed that announcement.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I hope this at least means someone with a legitimate entry gets their tracks in now

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Color Printer posted:

Iron Knight's intro certainly sounds inspired by Dragonforce's Through the Fire and Flames, but I can't really detect anything beyond that.

It better not be stolen because that song is awesome and metal as gently caress :mad:

Agreed. The track reminds me of Dragonforce in general, but mostly because it sounds like the guitar is having a seizure. Also it is awesome.

I wonder if they'll provide a re-download of the songs that replaced the pulled ones though--I kinda bought the album as soon as I saw it was available.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

oh god these udpates are the best update

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

GAME OVER
RETURN OF ENGLISH

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/20394953093/according-to-one-of-my-good-bros-iron-knight-is-through

Apparently Iron Knight is fine. I had a feeling it was an homage.

Now if all this crazy poo poo is sorted out, I'm going to continue rocking the hell out.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

If there's gonna be a vast bluh, I think Vriska just put in a strong contender.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Color Printer posted:

http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/20394953093/according-to-one-of-my-good-bros-iron-knight-is-through

Apparently Iron Knight is fine. I had a feeling it was an homage.

Now if all this crazy poo poo is sorted out, I'm going to continue rocking the hell out.
The beginnings do sound...suspiciously similar. If you listen to them side by side, they line up a lot. The rest sounded fairly different, though.

Is there anything wrong with Purple Tyrant? It looks like it just got taken down with the stolen song.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Not the first time we've had "inspired" music but I've never heard it be completely identical before (I played the poo poo out of Sonic Adventure when I was little, don't judge me).

There's also this video, although one or two stretch a bit.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bronze Page was hilarious.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Elysiume posted:

The beginnings do sound...suspiciously similar. If you listen to them side by side, they line up a lot.

Is there anything wrong with Purple Tyrant? It looks like it just got taken down with the stolen song.

I've read somewhere it was stolen too, but I'm not sure what song and of course I can't listen to it again because I didn't buy it before it got yanked.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Color Printer posted:

I've read somewhere it was stolen too, but I'm not sure what song and of course I can't listen to it again because I didn't buy it before it got yanked.
I can't find anywhere stating it was stolen. Do you know where it said that?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Wasn't stolen, but it was by the same entrant.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wrist Watch posted:

There's also this video, although one or two stretch a bit.

To be fair, he did kind of do this as a troll.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

nerdbot posted:

Wasn't stolen, but it was by the same entrant.
I know, I was wondering whether it was removed on principle/due to pre-emptive suspicion or if it was also found to be stolen.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Elysiume posted:

I can't find anywhere stating it was stolen. Do you know where it said that?

To be fair (translation: I'm probably very wrong and you should just ignore me :v:) my only sources are youtube comments from one of the Frozen Synapse Switch videos, but one of them did say that one person who claimed that edited it out of their post on some forum (probably the MSPA one?). So who knows by this point. I'd say wait until the pulled songs get put on Youtube (because they will) before trying to figure all that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Radiation says replacement tracks will be free and will have the same pretty art.

god what a mess poor radiation