Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!
This may be the spergiest thing ever but I'm disappointed Salarian females are just pretty much males with different voice effects. I figured as an egg laying species with short life spans they would probably be like huge and immobile (or mobility impaired). Want to see a giant fat Jabba with a salarian head. Where's the sexual dimorphism in this sci-fi schlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

I'm still playing through 3, I just finished Priority: Rannoch so I am pretty close to the end....
Is this really that close to the end? I just did this and it doesn't feel close to the end.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the hell is Paladium and Element Zero used for, I have a 140,000 of Paladium and 80,000 of E-Zero, meanwhile my platinum and Iridium stocks drop constantly.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

WE CAN USE THIS :byodood:

This may be the spergiest thing ever but I'm disappointed Salarian females are just pretty much males with different voice effects. I figured as an egg laying species with short life spans they would probably be like huge and immobile (or mobility impaired). Want to see a giant fat Jabba with a salarian head. Where's the sexual dimorphism in this sci-fi schlock?

I thought pretty much the same. I was so convinced that it was actually stated in the codex of one of the games that that was the case, that, after meeting the dalatrass, I immediately scoured the wiki to find it, but it's not there.

Must've been something I read in one of the previous threads that just entrenched itself in my mind.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Alteisen posted:

What the hell is Paladium and Element Zero used for, I have a 140,000 of Paladium and 80,000 of E-Zero, meanwhile my platinum and Iridium stocks drop constantly.

Eezo's mostly used for biotic based upgrades, plus respeccing Shepard (and squadmates if you have LotSB). You actually only need about 50 000 Eezo as I recall to get all the upgrades, unless you're respeccing after every mission or something.

Palladium is used to upgrade 'cybernetics, shields, heavy pistols, and armor' apparently, needing about 200,000 to upgrade everything fully.

Thing is you might not get any upgrades in either category for a while. Maybe you get a glut of shotgun + sniper rifle upgrades which drains platinum, then a bunch of assault rifle and heavy weapon stuff for iridium. Eventually you'll pick up a bunch of pistol and armour upgrades and then you'll be wondering why you have so much platinum and no palladium.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm destitute in terms of eezo (~450) and I have over 150,000 of everything else. At least two are over 200,000. :(

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Crows Turn Off posted:

Is this really that close to the end? I just did this and it doesn't feel close to the end.

Well, I haven't finished and I've tried to be reasonably spoiler free a month into the game's release so I can't say, but I've run into just about all my past associates that are still alive, my warscore is way past the full bar, and that's like 6 planets in the main plotline, not counting the Citadel, so it does sort of feel like it's gotta be getting close unless it has an epic length (by today's standards) of 30+ hours.

In ME2:
I always have a ton of extra Eezo and Palladium and never enough Iridium and Platinum because you just need a poo poo ton more of it and nobody bothered to check that maybe the amount needed was roughly even (I think Eezo was supposed to be rare but there's just piles of it lying around any level so...)

Luckily ME2 is easy enough that you don't really need to upgrade your weapons that much. Alternately you can forego ship upgrades if that's how you want to play it.

The guns in ME2 are so stupid good, especially if you get the DLC weapon packs. Hell look, the Revenant is an amazing gun, and so is the Widow. If you got the Kasumi DLC you have access to an unbelievably good at medium-range SMG. I'm the kind of sperg where if you give me a fixed number of upgrades and show me I have 4/5 I really need to go mine palladium to get 5/5 but there may still be hope for you.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Anybody else not get their Commendation Packs from the weekend's event? I promoted two classes, like we were supposed to, and I only got the Victory Pack. :shepicide:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Doc Dee posted:

Anybody else not get their Commendation Packs from the weekend's event? I promoted two classes, like we were supposed to, and I only got the Victory Pack. :shepicide:

Yeah, me too. I think they arrived at different times for Operation Goliath as well, so I wouldn't worry yet.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
The Commendation packs were distributed just after 5 PM PDT last time.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Yeah, me too. I think they arrived at different times for Operation Goliath as well, so I wouldn't worry yet.
I hope so.

Do they really contain one of the CE guns, or just a CHANCE at one? I really want a Crusader for MP.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Aw, what's all this about? Did I miss something interesting?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Elysiume posted:

Aw, what's all this about? Did I miss something interesting?

Weekend multiplayer events. The most recent one, Operation Raptor, had a community goal of 150,000 promotions (resetting a class to level 1 for a readiness bonus in single player), and a personal goal of two promotions. The community goal was met, so everyone gets one item pack for that, and anyone who met the personal goal gets a second pack that contains an N7 weapon.

Operation Goliath a few weeks ago was similar, but with a community goal of killing 1,000,000 brutes and a personal goal of completing a match on Silver or Gold difficulty.

Doc Dee posted:

Do they really contain one of the CE guns, or just a CHANCE at one? I really want a Crusader for MP.

I'm not sure if it's always an N7 weapon. I haven't heard anyone mention getting anything else, but I haven't spent much time in the multiplayer thread.

Toast Museum fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 3, 2012

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

So, apart from the multiplayer goals, why would anyone actually take a promotion? From what I can tell, the game shits readiness at you as is.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?

So, apart from the multiplayer goals, why would anyone actually take a promotion? From what I can tell, the game shits readiness at you as is.

N7 rating!!!!

So, no reason.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So since I didn't have ME3, I got nothing? :qq:

I really ought to...finish ME2.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Well, you can't respec at will in multiplayer, so if you haven't had the misfortune of having a respec take up the rare slot in an equipment pack, promotion's the only way to try new skillsets.

Aside from that, I guess it's useful if you care about what ending you get but don't want to do all the FedEx quests.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

You get an achievement for it :stare: (It's as good a reason as any.)

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Huh, interesting little glitch occured with me playing recently. As is standard for my luck, I found a heavy weapon (Reaper Blackstar) immediately after the actual fight where it would have been useful. Having nothing else to do with it, I picked it up for grins before ending the mission. My FemShep waved it around throughout the end conversation, which was amusing, but what really shocked the hell out of me was apparently she decided to take the thing onboard the Normandy as a souvenir:

Apparently I could pick it up too:

Couldn't actually fire off the thing and create an alternate suicide ending or go into the cockpit and pronounce sanction on the unholyness that is Joker and EDI's relationship, alas. Too bad; even if the game ignored any actual effect it would have been hilarious, not to mention cathartic on some occasions. Couldn't take it into the next mission either.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

dwazegek posted:

You also start at level 1 and only get 2 skill points per level instead of 4. Which could be interesting to do, come to think of it. You'd have to either focus on a few talents (no more than 3 or 4), or deal with low ranking talents.

Wow, seriously? I get starting at level 1 instead of 30 would be a handicap, but why in the flying gently caress would they arbitrarily cut your skill points in half like that?

gently caress that, I'll go download an ME2 save to import.

(I wish I still had all my old saves, RIP my old hard drive :911:)

edit: I've also decided that taking the Reputation/Weight options in your Mastery ability is a waste of points. Having completed Priority: Citadel II and Jacob's mission my rep bar is almost maxed with the minimum 12% bonus you can get. And the weight thing isn't that much of a problem if you only carry two guns. Revenant + SMG or Mattock + pistol still gives me ~160-180% recharge. Meanwhile I put all those points into more damage which is actually kind of useful on Insanity.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 3, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have a question regarding the PC->360 save utility. Just about every FAQ linked in the OP and relevant threads all seem to be pretty self-explanatory except they all basically begin with "Put Shepard Career Save on USB from Xbox". I never played ME1 or 2 on the 360 so I have no such career or anything. Is there any way to import my ME2 PC save without it or am I poo poo out of luck without an original ME2 career/save on the 360?

If anyone gets stuck like this, I found a solution. I use the Modio download a Gamesave feature to download a random ME2 save into my profile which I then modded/injected in my converted PC Save so my Shepard has survived the console switch :woop:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Doc Dee posted:

They said Operation Raptor rewards would come out by Wednesday.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Why is there a section for female saves having romanced Miranda on masseffect2saves.com when she's strictly hetero?

Or did I miss something? :tinfoil:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

MadDogMike posted:

Huh, interesting little glitch occured with me playing recently. As is standard for my luck, I found a heavy weapon (Reaper Blackstar) immediately after the actual fight where it would have been useful.

Oh man in the Palaven moon mission I was in the General Victus fight where you fight several brutes and a bunch of those Turian Zombies which I forget the name of and I was sprinting and dodging and generally barely staying alive with all that coming at me and I finally won despite using several medigel. I then was looking around and found a heavy weapon sitting right next to where I was fighting that probably could have handily taken care of the fight :shepface:

Some of the dialogue in this is pretty funny. I like how the companions actually talk to each other now on the Normandy. During the rescue the female Krogan mission it was pretty awesome when the Yog got loose and Shepherd says "There goes the next shadowbroker" and then Liara says "That's not funny".

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 4, 2012

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Vigilance posted:

Oh man in the Palaven moon mission I was in the General Victus fight where you fight several brutes and a bunch of those Turian Zombies which I forget the name of and I was sprinting and dodging and generally barely staying alive with all that coming at me and I finally won despite using several medigel. I then was looking around and found a heavy weapon sitting right next to where I was fighting that probably could have handily taken care of the fight :shepface:

That happens again on a Tuchanka side mission at the setpiece fight were a Harvester keeps dropping off waves of Cannibals and Marauders until you manage to kill it I was so pissed at finding a Blackstar AFTER going through all of that. :argh:

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

They said Operation Raptor rewards would come out by Wednesday.

Yeah, I saw that. Thinking about it now, it'd probably be easier to give out the Victory Pack to everyone, then figure out who gets the Commendations.

Didn't trust any pubbies to go for the Silver match against Reapers on the last one, so I didn't know how it worked etc.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Vigilance posted:

This exact sequence happened to me at *least* four times over the course of the game. Apparently the level designers assumed that players would somehow the room for bonus items and crap during the big tough fights instead of, y'know, after :ughh:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Vigilance posted:

Some of the dialogue in this is pretty funny. I like how the companions actually talk to each other now on the Normandy. During the rescue the female Krogan mission it was pretty awesome when the Yog got loose and Shepherd says "There goes the next shadowbroker" and then Liara says "That's not funny".

Garrus: "I think I heard it say 'T'soni'."

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

WarLocke posted:

Why is there a section for female saves having romanced Miranda on masseffect2saves.com when she's strictly hetero?

Or did I miss something? :tinfoil:

Someone hacked their save so they could do a Miranda/Femshep romance, and it doesn't seem to break the game at all so I left it up there. There's also some MShep/Kaidan ME2 saves up.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Annakie posted:

Someone hacked their save so they could do a Miranda/Femshep romance, and it doesn't seem to break the game at all so I left it up there. There's also some MShep/Kaidan ME2 saves up.

How is that possible when there's no recorded dialogue for FemShep for a Miranda romance? Is there just no audio and the subtitles play out for it?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Dunno, but I emailed the person when they sent it in and they confirmed that's what they did.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

El Tortuga posted:

How is that possible when there's no recorded dialogue for FemShep for a Miranda romance? Is there just no audio and the subtitles play out for it?

That's exactly what happens, yeah.

The kaidan ones however have almost all the voice recording in there in me1, 2 and 3 with the exception of a handful of lines. Almost all of me3 will fully voice and recognize a maleshep/kaidan romance import with only two or three lines of missing dialogue.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So going Vanguard in ME3, what squad should I take.

I wanna use Brick Hardcastle but I don't know if I want 2 shotgun users.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

El Tortuga posted:

Garrus: "I think I heard it say 'T'soni'."

Aw I didn't get that one. I had Liara and Edi with me on that mission.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Alteisen posted:

I'm up to Tuchanka on my insanity vanguard run, and so far squadmates are for dialog purposes only. Pausing to issue commands would've just broken up the flow of charge -> nova -> repeat until they stop twitching.

Also, it'll sound crazy after playing vanguard in ME2, but ditch the shotty for high-damage pistol like the Phalanx. It's more versatile, and you'll have better cooldowns.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect

Alteisen posted:

Youre doing something wrong if vega isn't using the particle rifle and melting everything in sight with it

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Banjodark posted:

Youre doing something wrong if vega isn't using the particle rifle and melting everything in sight with it

Idunno, Vega seems to really fit with a big rear end shotgun and the blade melee attachment. :black101:

The only person using the Particle Rifle in my game is Javik. I figure he probably only had one in that pod.

I'm kind of disappointed in the special N7 weapons, the Eagle is meh (no way am I dropping the Carnifex for that) and the Argus/Valkyrie are okay I guess, just drat heavy. Back to my trusty Mattock I guess. :clint:

Does the piercing mod even work? I don't think I've ever noticed being able to shoot through cover even with it on a gun.

And why can I never get my Shepards to look this good ingame?

:negative:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 4, 2012

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Vigilance posted:

Aw I didn't get that one. I had Liara and Edi with me on that mission.

Bring along Liara and Garrus next on that mission, when you meet Captain Kirrahe. It's one big ME1 nostalgia-fest.

While we're on the subject of crew dialogue on that same mission. Spoiled in case anyway wants to experience it themselves. Again, I'll just say bring Garrus and Liara when you rescue the female Krogan on Surkesh.

Wrex does his whole sentimental thing on the shuttle ride there about how glad he is that Liara is along for the mission. After a pause, Garrus clears his throat and stands up and Wrex just goes "I guess I could make room for you too, Garrus." The Wrex/Garrus friendship is one of my favorite things in the series.

Things like that are what keep me coming back for replays despite the ending.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect

El Tortuga posted:

Bring along Liara and Garrus next on that mission, when you meet Captain Kirrahe. It's one big ME1 nostalgia-fest.

While we're on the subject of crew dialogue on that same mission. Spoiled in case anyway wants to experience it themselves. Again, I'll just say bring Garrus and Liara when you rescue the female Krogan on Surkesh.

Wrex does his whole sentimental thing on the shuttle ride there about how glad he is that Liara is along for the mission. After a pause, Garrus clears his throat and stands up and Wrex just goes "I guess I could make room for you too, Garrus." The Wrex/Garrus friendship is one of my favorite things in the series.

Things like that are what keep me coming back for replays despite the ending.

I loved that moment but not as much as when I brought javik along for the ride - wrex's reaction to him on the shuttle was hands down one of the funniest moments in the entire game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, Vanguard Vs Kai Lang was just charge/nova/charge/nova/charge/nova and so on.

That was just hilarious.

• Locked thread