Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I really dig how much Iron Knight sounds like a less cacophonous Robo-Ky Holy Orders.

Also, Well Manicured Man, Violet Mariner is amazing. It's probably my favorite track on the entire thing. Really great work with that one!

Who was it originally about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Well to be fair it's only a week next Friday. I can wait that long.

I think.

Can I? Shall I start shipping characters now or give it another day?

I've already got my lord english / rufio / spirited horse fanfic drafted up.

I'm also going to agree that Olive Rogue is pretty much the best part of the album.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Thanks muchski. Now to come up with a suitable phrase to go underneath...

AG: God, no!!!!!!!! With a human? Gross.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Saradiart posted:

I really dig how much Iron Knight sounds like a less cacophonous Robo-Ky Holy Orders.

Also, Well Manicured Man, Violet Mariner is amazing. It's probably my favorite track on the entire thing. Really great work with that one!

Who was it originally about?

Violet Mariner was originally titled Heirstrike and was a song for John.

Yeah I think having it reallocated to Dualscar was a smart choice.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Well Manicured Man posted:

The tragedy is that Radiation didn't keep the name "Violet Seaman."

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
"Well you see [troll biology]"
:goonsay:

Well Manicured Man posted:

On the other hand, Heirstrike is a great name you now have free for another song! God willing it'll be a ridiculous sample-laden affair, heavy with the sound of a thousand squeaky pogo hammers and hissing wrinklefuckers rapidly descending from the stratosphere. :allears:

Why yes I do think Tomahawk Head was amazing, what gave me away?

e/

Color Printer posted:

Edit: Also Olive Rogue is amazing and just pure :3:

The next time somebody asks me why I want to learn bass (because bass is boring and monotonous amirite?), I'm just going to point them at this song. It really is the funkiest. :3:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 3, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

...is it just me or is Iron Knight on Bandcamp not working? The song is still there, the page is still there, it just won't play. Wondering if it's just something buggy with Bandcamp or what. All of the other songs play just fine.

Edit: Also Olive Rogue is amazing and just pure :3:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 3, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Color Printer posted:

...is it just me or is Iron Knight on Bandcamp not working? The song is still there, the page is still there, it just won't play. Wondering if it's just something buggy with Bandcamp or what. All of the other songs play just fine.

Works fine for me. Sometimes you can get that problem with Bandcamp, though. Like if you can't connect, the song will just refuse to load even when your connection is fixed.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Please keep the pointless chatter to a minimum during this period.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

The album was absolutely fantastic. Witc)(ing )(our made it, and a bunch of other tracks in there were really great as well. I even liked the vocal tracks, which surprised me because except for the Midnight Crew Acapella, I usually didn't find previous ones good for casual listening. But these are nice, the Aradia track especially I thought was surprisingly high quality.

Does anyone know if there are any bonus tracks? I won't have the money to cash in until my Paypal refills.

Aside from the thing about how they didn't get many Karkat songs, I'm probably more surprised that they ended up using a Serenity song for Vriska. I thought the contest entries would have been flooded with scratchy guitar pieces for her to the point where some of them would have been the cream of the crop.

(Unless Radiation saw the best ones were Spider's Claw remixes and secretly purged them like the jealous greek deity he is. :tinfoil:)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuchsia Witch makes me want to pop a Starman and go blip some fish off the screen.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

I'm surprised at how much I'm liking Violet Prince of all songs. It took me a while to get to it since my listening order went in descending order starting with my favorite trolls, and Eridan is nowhere near the top, but it's awesome as hell!

Rust Maid is awesome also and reminds me of the opening scene of a Tim Burton movie or something.

Teal Hunter is cool as gently caress and reminds me of the Final Fantasy games back before the series went to poo poo.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Thanks much. I had completely forgotten about this quote.

And where'd beta John go, for the record?

e: and thanks to DaveKap for crafting my spiffy new avatar, as well.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 3, 2012

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I am grooving so drat hard to Jade Sylph. It is 2CHILL :supaburn:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Thanks much. I had completely forgotten about this quote.

And where'd beta John go, for the record?

e: and thanks to DaveKap for crafting my spiffy new avatar, as well.

gotta eat sometime bro

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The first time I heard Olive Rogue, I immediately got a mental image of Flea playing the intro. This is a good thing. The rest of the song is pretty great too.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
So I was listening to the album today and just sort of letting the nice, retro-game-ishness wash over me as I worked. Then Your Universe came on and I got a bruise on my jaw as it hit my desk. What a fantastic departure from expectations! Ms. St. Marseille has a drat fine voice.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
Bronze Rebel is my favorite so far. Olive Rouge really is just a happy day skipping down the street and just feeling fabulous.

I wonder what kind of flash (I assume) we'll be getting on 4/13. I hope we get to see Jane's world, my favorite parts when archive-binging was seeing the new worlds being introduced.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

This album is really, really good and everyone who got on should be proud.

And that loving horse update slayed me. I was laughing my rear end off the whole time every time I heard one of those horrible demonic neighs, and then the ending just... man. Hilarious.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Waffnuffly posted:

I was laughing my rear end off the whole time every time I heard one of those horrible demonic neighs

quote:

Page 6715
Weird moody horse poo poo by Alexander Rosetti

And no one was surprised.

(He's the guy who wrote Horschestra.)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Purple Bard sounds like something out of Shin Megami Tensei. I rather like it.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

QueerPope posted:

Bronze Rebel is my favorite so far.

Yeah, it's so good! It sounds like some Wild ARMs poo poo.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

A silly bit of speculation stolen from tumblr while I was looking for more homestuck liveblogging:

- UU and uu are paired and opposite in a bunch of ways. One is angry and the other is joyful.
- They seem to live on a planet that's a lot better than any of the troll planets we've seen so far, in that it's prepared for sburb and stuff (A paradise planet?)

...what if UU and uu are Gamzee's mirthful messiahs?

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
To be honest, neither of them seems very mirthful to me.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You know, if the eyes were drawn closed on all the trolls on the C&M cover, it would take on a completely different tone...

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Small question. What language is being used in Iron Infidel?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Fat_Cow posted:

Small question. What language is being used in Iron Infidel?

A not-real one. It's supposed to be Ancient Trollish or something.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Pessimism posted:

To be honest, neither of them seems very mirthful to me.
I figured Scratch and Ol' E were the mirthful messiahs anyways, especially the latter. English unleashed the Vast Honk, no less.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I've never been a big fan of any of the songs with vocals, but I have to admit that I really like Temporal Shenanigans. I wish I had some more free time right now so that I could give the whole album a good listen.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Eox posted:

You know, if the eyes were drawn closed on all the trolls on the C&M cover, it would take on a completely different tone...

Especially with Eridan on there.

This really feels like the most eclectic album yet, even with half as many tracks as Volume 5. Which I guess shouldn't be surprising, since it has more contributors. Probably my favorite side album outside of the "main" Alternia/Homestuck releases, even if I'm not sure it has a lot of "must listen over and over again" tracks for me.

Nonbaka posted:

I've never been a big fan of any of the songs with vocals, but I have to admit that I really like Temporal Shenanigans. I wish I had some more free time right now so that I could give the whole album a good listen.

gently caress yes. "I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs" is a pretty awful line but the rest of the song is so hauntingly pretty that I'm willing to give it a pass.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gold Pilot is a damned good track.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Eox posted:

Well, except for Karkat.

And now that I've given the album a full listen, I'm really surprised by how much I like Temporal Shenanigans. I'm usually not a big fan of the songs with vocals either, but this one really works.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Some Strange Flea posted:

Homestuck is over until 4/13.

Everyone get out.
gotta take a break for the honeymoon :allears:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I love Teal Seer. It just sounds so whimsical and Danny Elfman-esque!

starfish prime
Jun 22, 2010
When I heard the first 30 seconds of Fuchsia Witch I was struck by nostalgia for Mario Golf 64. Did anyone else have that experience?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

starfish prime posted:

When I heard the first 30 seconds of Fuchsia Witch I was struck by nostalgia for Mario Golf 64. Did anyone else have that experience?

Yes! At first I was thinking Kirby's Dream Land, but then one of the chord changes screamed Mario Golf.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Saradiart posted:

I actually struggle with Iron Knight. I think it's got something to do with the production of the rhythm guitars, but it just cuts through my head and makes it a real chore to listen to.

The rest is great though and I really like the Side A / Side B thing.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Bell_ posted:

I figured Scratch and Ol' E were the mirthful messiahs anyways, especially the latter. English unleashed the Vast Honk, no less.

I'm actually pretty positive I remember reading Hussie say on his Formspring that Doc Scratch and Lord English were the mirthful messiahs.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So, quick question. Since Tavros said that he killed Jade's Grandpa when she was just an infant, how the hell does Jade's dream robot get built? Is this just a continuity error or did it get lumped into the rest of "who the hell raised jade" questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Radio Paranoia posted:

I actually struggle with Iron Knight. I think it's got something to do with the production of the rhythm guitars, but it just cuts through my head and makes it a real chore to listen to.

I kind of agree with this as well, it's still a fun track and it doesn't bug me that much but something about the way it sounds doesn't sit right with me. I had the same problem with a few tracks on the Land of Fans and Music album as well