Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Trico posted:

I'm hoping this season ends with every episode with a baby being killed right before the credits.

It's possible, but only if you count Renly because he's a big whiny baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The whole Gilly side-plot was painful to read through and it's agonizing to watch. Even Jon is making sense in that scene. I was excited to see 0.5 seconds of Podrick failing at life though.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Ghost was actually well-done.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

empty sea posted:

The whole Gilly side-plot was painful to read through and it's agonizing to watch. Even Jon is making sense in that scene. I was excited to see 0.5 seconds of Podrick failing at life though.

But when Sam kills the walker it'll all be like woah

gently caress you gurm

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

mind the walrus posted:

loving hah the White Walkers make the goddamn Predator clicking noise. Also an awful lot of infanticide going on right now.

Of all the scenes that they've added so far, that's the only one I thought they did a bad job with.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bored at work today, kinda started slacking near the end and just slapped whoever wherever in Essos

I should also note I wasn't going by house sigils. Yeah, Lions = Lannister, but the Lions suck and have a history of sucking. Also if that were the case, there wouldn't be any team for the Starks since there's no wolf logo teams in the NFL.

Here's all the text with individual players lined up with their westeros counterparts.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Bored at work today, kinda started slacking near the end and just slapped whoever wherever in Essos

I should also note I wasn't going by house sigils. Yeah, Lions = Lannister, but the Lions suck and have a history of sucking. Also if that were the case, there wouldn't be any team for the Starks since there's no wolf logo teams in the NFL.

Here's all the text with individual players lined up with their westeros counterparts.

I'm over here lolling at the lovely slaver cities and then poor Buffalo in the corner

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ruddiger posted:

Hater Bears fan detected. Sorry you've only won one superbowl. :colbert:

Junk Science
Mar 4, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Kyle Orton is Drogo and Jon Snow?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

mind the walrus posted:

Jaquen H'ghar's actor is loving awful in the one scene I've seen him in. He's acting way too much and putting on too many "sexy bad boy" affects to take seriously. I know that's kind-of the point, but say something for subtlety's sake.

Also it is kind of nice that the turd-basket of AFFC has been out so long-- Lena Headly is already putting in touches of Cersei's myopia and megalomania.

We've seen all of two minutes of him, I think he'll be fine.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Someone send that poo poo to GRRM

Also, I was talking to a friend and found out he was reading the books. He had a really high opinion of them, so I asked which book he was on. "Oh, I'm a third of the way through book 3." I told him to enjoy the book and to tell me his thoughts when he finished it. He also told me how awesome he thought Robb is. :laugh:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Can Larry Fitzgerald be ~Daario~, thanks in advance!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

loving hah the White Walkers make the goddamn Predator clicking noise. Also an awful lot of infanticide going on right now.

Man, I knew I wasn't crazy when I heard them make the Predator noise. That was a good episode, though, the Greyjoy scenes owned. Theon is somehow even more of a doofus on the show than he was in the books.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

ruddiger posted:

That map is pretty cool and all, but could you replace all the football nonsense with teams and men from a real sport, so the intellectuals amongst us can properly appreciate your work?

I do, of course, refer to the sweet science of Mixed Martial Arts. Most importantly, who is Jason David Frank?

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
He talks about his trip to Europe and can't help mentioning NFL. It's a sad truth that football is much bigger passion to him than writing. :smith: If he can't end the series, I hope he'll at least tell HBO how it's supposed to end.

Funny, but it seems to me that one reason for his procrastination might be that he doesn't want to kill any characters. I'm getting that feeling from all the resurrections and ridiculous luck Dany has had.

It would be an excellent start to TWOW if Jon and Stannis simply were dead and Victarion returned with the dragons, possibly allied with Dany. It's even plausible - she has a history with savage rapists and murderers after all.

Let characters die like they would in real world, you fucker.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOLing like crazy that Saints are Dorne and the Lannisters are the most hated people on earth.

The supposedly unstoppable Gregor Clegane is clearly Peyton Manning. He was totally pwned in front of the whole world by the Red Viper (Breesus Christ) and then he died later on, and now he's inexplicably back (as a Denver Bronclol).

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 4, 2012

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Grey Wrobb (Grobb Wind) is obviously Azor Ahai.

Jaime and/or Brienne is AA, it is known.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Don't make fun of my man Peyton, he is Azor Ahai.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Man, I knew I wasn't crazy when I heard them make the Predator noise. That was a good episode, though, the Greyjoy scenes owned. Theon is somehow even more of a doofus on the show than he was in the books.

I thought it was supposed to be ice crackling, like what you hear in the pilot at the end of the prologue.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Goddamn it tviv, now they think Jon Snow is Robert and Cersei's first child. What are they smoking down there?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

crazypeltast52 posted:

Goddamn it tviv, now they think Jon Snow is Robert and Cersei's first child. What are they smoking down there?

bigmcgaffney is trolling them.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sophia posted:

Don't make fun of my man Peyton, he is Azor Ahai.

No true son of Louisiana. :colbert:

May his neck be injured forevermore like Prometheus.

Blessed be our Saint, who art in the Superdome, Bressus Christ. Amen.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Enjoy your horrific detention camps you Nazi. :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sophia posted:

Enjoy your horrific detention camps you Nazi. :colbert:

Enjoy rooting for Eli's (Sandor's) big stupid crappy brother.

Jerk. :smug:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Sportball eh?

Yeah I hurt my arm last week going for a touchpass.

I know about sportball.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

I can fully see Gendry tagging up with Robb Stark on the way to the wall, if/when they combine their forces with Balon Greyjoy and Ranly, they'll realise who Gendry is and use their powerful forces to put someone on the throne who isn't a complete arsehole. Team Stark/Baratheon/Greyjoy.

I'm just cackling with antecipation.

I wonder how many people are going to rejoice with the Ballad of Reek's Dick.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

When is Renly going to die? Episode 4/5? The fallout of that is going to be great.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Peyton Manning being a fart what wears a helmet aside, seriously, what the gently caress is up with TVIV?

They're spending insane amounts of time talking about the mystery of Cersei's blackhaired baby and maternal lineage and all this poo poo.

The books are six god drat dollars. The answers are available freely in one of the spoiler threads.

What's the point of writing a 30-page fanfiction about Jon Snow being Cersei's son to sit back and watch if you're proven right? Suppose you are. Suppose that in 2 seasons you find out you're right. You'll have to buy archives, dig up your old post, repost it, and say "I was right!" And maybe one, if that, person will say "oh, yeah, ok, good for you."

YOU'RE SPECULATING PAST EVENTS.

It's already written! You're literally watching a history channel program and saying "Gee whiz, this Hitler fella seems bad. I wonder what becomes of him?"

gently caress you, read a goddamn book you shits! :argh:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Tony Danza Claus posted:

It's already written! You're literally watching a history channel program and saying "Gee whiz, this Hitler fella seems bad. I wonder what becomes of him?"

Yeah, he's a real bad egg.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

quote:

Peyton Manning being a fart what wears a helmet aside, seriously, what the gently caress is up with TVIV?

They're spending insane amounts of time talking about the mystery of Cersei's blackhaired baby and maternal lineage and all this poo poo.

The books are six god drat dollars. The answers are available freely in one of the spoiler threads.

What's the point of writing a 30-page fanfiction about Jon Snow being Cersei's son to sit back and watch if you're proven right? Suppose you are. Suppose that in 2 seasons you find out you're right. You'll have to buy archives, dig up your old post, repost it, and say "I was right!" And maybe one, if that, person will say "oh, yeah, ok, good for you."

gently caress you, read a goddamn book you shits!

I agree, it's loving ridiculous.

If I watched the first season of, say, The Wire, and there were books out there that the rest of the series would be based on, were (generally) well loved by the SA community and I knew the series was very faithful to the source material, they'd be on my kindle in a second.

I can understand if you were just watching it casually, but these guys in the non-spoiler TVIV thread are obssessed with the show. It's completely loving baffling, and the only reason I can come up is 'because books'.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

TV IV thread posted:

I can fully see Gendry tagging up with Robb Stark on the way to the wall, if/when they combine their forces with Balon Greyjoy and Ranly, they'll realise who Gendry is and use their powerful forces to put someone on the throne who isn't a complete arsehole. Team Stark/Baratheon/Greyjoy.

:allears:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The other funny thing about the TVIV thread is that it's so strict with bans, if someone does speculate correctly, they'll probably be assumed to be posting spoilers so will get banned. Therefore any speculation that doesn't end in a ban is essentially proven wrong.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

gently caress you, read a goddamn book you shits! :argh:

Please stop saying stuff like this, I'm worried they'll realize you're right and stop.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Junkenstein posted:

The other funny thing about the TVIV thread is that it's so strict with bans, if someone does speculate correctly, they'll probably be assumed to be posting spoilers so will get banned. Therefore any speculation that doesn't end in a ban is essentially proven wrong.

That is far and away the funniest part, to me.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Junkenstein posted:

I've already been steering them away from doing this for the more prescient speculators if there's no reason to think they really know something. No one's been banned yet! (As far as I know.) Not even bigmcgaffney!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Junkenstein posted:

And of course the second a thread is locked, the accidental spoiler is identified.

Just burn TVIV to the ground, for gently caress's sake.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Booktalk, ya'll. Isn't there some kind of doom foreshadowing about Stannis' daughter having greyscale? I have no idea where that's going. Maybe nowhere. Probably nowhere.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Nimec posted:

Booktalk, ya'll. Isn't there some kind of doom foreshadowing about Stannis' daughter having greyscale? I have no idea where that's going. Maybe nowhere. Probably nowhere.

She definitely has, it doesn't she? Not fatal if you contract it as a child, though.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

And of course the second a thread is locked, the accidental spoiler is identified.

Just burn TVIV to the ground, for gently caress's sake.

So Aerys should moderate the TVIV thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

So Aerys should moderate the TVIV thread?

Ser Jaime Lannister, the Modslayer?