Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

PirateBob posted:

4. Next phase is to weaken Uniteds opposition, time to throw in some strange red cards, turn a blind eye to obvious yellow cards increasing the pressure on uniteds opposition. The media now start producing their training ground photographs of bust ups(but I've never seen one from united) this creates negativity.

This whole thing is loving crazy, but I love that his argument here is that because he's never seen United players fight, the media are "producing" them for other teams. Not because, you know, City's team are full of mercenary crazies like Ballotelli or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Mickolution posted:

That's pretty funny, but would you be arsed?
can you think of an easier way to have instant respect and people patting you on the back for very little?

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Do all soccer fans hate people like me? Read the following.

I grew up playing soccer all my life until high school, when my school didn't have a team. I grew up watching the MLS and I am still a supporter of my team, Chicago Fire. I am from America, and unfortunately never have been to another country. But here is the thing...
I never really followed soccer until high school. Sure, I went to Fire games, but I didn't know the players, other teams, or anything outside of the USA for that matter. It all changed in high school around 2008 when the Euro Cup was getting started. It was then that I started watching the qualifiers, and even Premier League was being played on ESPN. It was here that I picked my favorite player, Fernando Torres. I always loved the number 9, since Ante Razov was my favorite Fire player. Torres was everything I wanted to be as a forward in my soccer days, and he was good. So, I picked my favorite team in the Euro Cup: Spain. They won, and I erupted. I quickly asked for a #9 jersey for Christmas, and have rooted for them ever since. I watched every single World Cup game, even when me and my parents went to DisneyWorld, I found a little Irish pub to watch.
My question is: Am I a disgrace or traitor to US soccer if Spain is my favorite team? I understand the bandwagon comments, and while I am not a life-long supporter of Spain, I don't call myself "bandwagon". I just feel that Spain is my team, not the US national team. Can this be respected?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

appledan posted:

I grew up playing soccer all my life until high school, when my school didn't have a team. I grew up watching the MLS and I am still a supporter of my team, Chicago Fire. I am from America, and unfortunately never have been to another country. But here is the thing...
I never really followed soccer until high school. Sure, I went to Fire games, but I didn't know the players, other teams, or anything outside of the USA for that matter. It all changed in high school around 2008 when the Euro Cup was getting started. It was then that I started watching the qualifiers, and even Premier League was being played on ESPN. It was here that I picked my favorite player, Fernando Torres. I always loved the number 9, since Ante Razov was my favorite Fire player. Torres was everything I wanted to be as a forward in my soccer days, and he was good. So, I picked my favorite team in the Euro Cup: Spain. They won, and I erupted. I quickly asked for a #9 jersey for Christmas, and have rooted for them ever since. I watched every single World Cup game, even when me and my parents went to DisneyWorld, I found a little Irish pub to watch.
My question is: Am I a disgrace or traitor to US soccer if Spain is my favorite team? I understand the bandwagon comments, and while I am not a life-long supporter of Spain, I don't call myself "bandwagon". I just feel that Spain is my team, not the US national team. Can this be respected?

Please don't go digging through peoples post history from the old SAS EPL threads

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

appledan posted:

just remember what we did to benedict arnold, mr. spain lover.

:ironicat:

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
'Andy will settle in, no problem whatsoever. At minus £15million [Torres was sold for £50m, Carroll bought for £35m], it's not a bad buy.'

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
You must live in a bubble(America). Watch EPL soccer. It's NOTHING like the NFL, MLB, NBA etc where they just tow the corporate line. They regularly criticize referees, players, FIFA, etc with CLASS. Avoiding criticism is not classy, it's being a rented slave.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

The sooner he fucks off to England the better. Shove all the kneejerk replies up your arses. Anyone who still believes we are heading in the right direction is a deluded fool. Look at the form. Look at the inept performances. All those overpaid loving wankers thought they had it sewn up. Harrys head was turned by the England job and all of a sudden he became the loving media's darling, laughing and joking in every interview when the England job was raised, instead of firmly putting it to bed and concentrating on his loving job. We are a laughing stock now. It's just not good enough. Dont you just love being a loving spurs fan? Never fail to let us down. Well done lads, I'm sure you'll all be gutted picking up your pay packets at the end of the week. You make me loving sick.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The Anti-Semite posted:

all of a sudden he became the loving media's darling

hahahahaha

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

The Anti-Semite posted:

The sooner he fucks off to England the better. Shove all the kneejerk replies up your arses. Anyone who still believes we are heading in the right direction is a deluded fool. Look at the form. Look at the inept performances. All those overpaid loving wankers thought they had it sewn up. Harrys head was turned by the England job and all of a sudden he became the loving media's darling, laughing and joking in every interview when the England job was raised, instead of firmly putting it to bed and concentrating on his loving job. We are a laughing stock now. It's just not good enough. Dont you just love being a loving spurs fan? Never fail to let us down. Well done lads, I'm sure you'll all be gutted picking up your pay packets at the end of the week. You make me loving sick.

agreed,

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

The Anti-Semite posted:

Aside from that "all of a sudden" comment about Redknapp's cushy relationship with the media, I don't think this is that bad.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

See, luvd, this is how you do it:

quote:

This got me thinking, are we the British Barcelona? (Hear me out)

Both have played some of the best football in Europe this season.
Both sadly are unlikely to win the title this season.
Both have a manager who is a club legend for both playing and managerial abilities.
Both have won a cup already this season and have the semi's of another big cup competition coming up.
Both are one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Both have a tradition of playing attacking pass and move football.
Both have to battle against 'borderline corrupt' empires (Franco's Madrid and Ferguson's United).

More precisely Barcelona might just be the Spanish Liverpool, because Liverpool FC will always be Liverpool FC. Things don't look too bad for the club from where i'm sitting.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
"Francos Madrid and Ferguson's United"

I can't stop laughing at that

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

"Francos Madrid and Ferguson's United"

I can't stop laughing at that

How did you get past "best football in Europe"?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Best football in Europe. Not much else needs saying

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

TyChan posted:

should have done a guess the club with that one, it's brilliant

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

TyChan posted:

Can't possibly be a serious post, but still funny.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

TyChan posted:

Okay yeah you beat me, I was just enjoying the tears.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

PirateBob posted:

Can't possibly be a serious post, but still funny.

You clearly haven't read all of the masses of stuff by Liverpool fans in this thread recently then

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Scott Bakula posted:

You clearly haven't read all of the masses of stuff by Liverpool fans in this thread recently then

I posted a lot of that stuff. But that one... seems crafted to seem as delusional and lol-worthy as possible. Who knows.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Ninpo posted:

How did you get past "best football in Europe"?

how did you get past "are we the British Barcelona?"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I read it in order

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009

appledan posted:

should have done a guess the club with that one, it's brilliant

at first i thought it was about arsenal...

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Scouse que un club

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Joopjan posted:

at first i thought it was about arsenal...

For the first three lines (including the opener) I thought it was City.

Yes, Liverpool are "unlikely" to win the PL. Maybe that was made a while ago though. Liverpool have been mathematically unable to win the title for a while.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
I don't have the exact post unfortunately, but I remember a couple of posts that really spoke to some of the difficulties that crop up when you support a team thousands of miles away from where you grew up.

One foreign Everton plastic thought making a joke about Hillsborough on some everton forum would be well received. I mean Everton and Liverpool are fierce rivals, so any joke at the expense of the "red shite" would endear him to the other evertonians right?

:ughh: Needless to say his post was not well received.
Another everton plastic suggested the hilarious "Sign on" revision to You'll Never Walk Alone and couldn't understand why the other posters were not to keen on the idea and didn't realize that one of the local posters was sarcastic when he suggested following up "sign on" with a rousing rendition of "in your liverpool slums".

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
http://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2012/3/5/spurs-in-crisis-meltdown-demonstration-planned.html

quote:

This is the crux of why I'm writing to you Mr Levy. Not to offer you a solution of any type but as a gentleman, to offer you notice of a demonstration at the next game to be played at White Hart Lane. It's time to make a stand and visually assassinate your senses and those that dare to look into the eyes of the revolution.

I will be bringing with me to the game a pack of Bassetts Jelly Babies, just eleven of them, each one representative of the first team and laying them on my seat post-game then leaving the ground. The Jelly Babies are post-modern effigies (all heads will be bitten off and spat towards the directors box), a statement of transparency that I will not ignore or be quiet as you stand and allow my club to die of footballing leprosy.

I hope others will join me in this defiant stand against the current upheaval we are being put through. My vision is to see entire blocks, empty seated, covered with Jelly Babies with the supporters leaving the ground willing to sacrifice their support for the greater good. For the long term.

This was a pinnacle point in our season and we failed the test. We are in free-fall. It's all beautifully illustrated by our distinct lack of creativity with taking set pieces. A very subtle inception, if you will, that has been placed deep in the minds of THFC, unaware of its poison and influence. An inception that sees us losing 5-8 points minimum per season because we can never take one with any genuine intent and hit the target convincingly consistently. This is holding us back. How can a top tier side (if that's what we're disguising ourselves as) not be competent in taking free-kicks with bullish confidence? I'll tell why, because you know you'll make more money selling Bale and Modric in the summer than qualifying for the Champions League. Hence why no set piece expert was signed in the last window. You can't fool me. I see it all. The hurtful truth screams out to me.

11 games to go. Just 11 games. Have you even looked at the fixture list? Daunting. 3rd place. Seven points above 5th spot. Four points ahead of 4th spot. A poor demoralised showing for our endeavours. Doomed. We are doomed. This is no position for our club to be in. We are stranded in the ocean without a paddle for our surf board. The crest of a wave nowhere to be seen. Sharks circling us. Slowly sinking.

This, Mr Levy, is the end of days. The dawn of the Jelly Babies is upon us.

Biting regards,
Spooky
i almost feel bad ahahahahahahahaha

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
That's the most obvious pisstake in this thread.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

The Clit Avoider posted:

That's the most obvious pisstake in this thread.

which is why it's hilarious because a month later spurs have lost to norwich city at home and it's all coming true

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Everton's last 5 games: WWWDW. Liverpool's last 5 games: LMFAO

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
A youtube comment made me laugh but it's still a youtube comment so it's going here

Posted as a reply to a video of Ben Arfas goal at Bolton

quote:

People need to stop comparing Ben Arfa with Messi. He's good, but he's no Ben Arfa!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Liverpool are tainting the repution & prestige of the Champions league, how can a team sooo poo poo win the UCL.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

TelekineticBear! posted:

Liverpool are tainting the repution & prestige of the Champions league, how can a team sooo poo poo win the UCL.

7 years ago tho, do you think milan play on that date...

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

quote:

anybody who moans or complains at ANY of kenny's press conferences/interviews shouldnt be supporting liverpool f.c. he just really gets it ( being liverpool football club) and knows that those doing the interview DONT.

quote:

My mate came round tonight to watch the game. He's a good few years older than me. Seen it all. Stood everywhere home and away.

First thing he said was "The FA will have told the referee to get our keeper sent off"

First thing.

He was right. The FA won't let us win their cup.
RAWK.txt

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 10, 2012

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

TyChan posted:

lmfao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

why is this in the bad posts thread

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

paddy scrote posted:

why is this in the bad posts thread

yeah thats far too good

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

quote:

Now everyone is talking about Messi, he is a star. But [to be the best ever] he must first become better than Neymar

guess who?????

yes, it's Pele

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

guess who?????

yes, it's Pele

lmao no loving way