Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InsaneZero
Feb 16, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Personally I think trying to convey "indistinct and otherworldly" with CGI and a black DBZ aura is a bad stylistic choice, but that's just me.

Actually, the actual reason for the black haze is to depict that there's something surrounding Berserker that's hiding its identity, but it was rather difficult to depict that with traditional animation since there's no sense of depth. It would simply look pasted over instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jumping the gun a bit there.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Am I? I thought it was Friday. Someone said "Three more days" on the 3rd, I'm sure of it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nope, Saturday. Still, just two more days :toot:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Its the 6th where I am. So...

And just for consistency's sake...

poo poo gonna be goin' down.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Hm, I guess now would be a good time to get caught up on the last two episodes of the first season.

e: Well, good thing I waited.

blastron fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 6, 2012

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The last BD special and the Drama CD both have translations now from UTW.

The BD special is pretty hilarious. Even if you skipped the first two I would strongly recommend checking out the third one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Zayd is now one of my favorite Type-Moon characters.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
well its saturday in japan now :D

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Holy Queef posted:

well its saturday in japan now :D

About 21 hours left until it airs.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

jonjonaug posted:

About 21 hours left until it airs.

Now I won't feel as guilty falling asleep early tonight

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Guess I should end the picture show with a group shot...

An another for the dearly departed...

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
We now resume our :cthulhu: presentation.

DerLeo posted:

Huh, even with all the Kalafina hype, I liked Oath Sign better.

Yeah, I agree. I haven't finished the episode yet, but I hope the ED is the same/isn't a worse song. The new ED sucks. :colbert:

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 7, 2012

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Huh, even with all the Kalafina hype, I liked Oath Sign better.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Archer totally stole the show this episode.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Where did he get a space ship?

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Everything that came after is merely a lesser version of the prototype/original that Gilgamesh acquired in claiming all that exists in the world. That applies just as much for the 'sword of rulership in the tree' as it does for the macross variable fighter

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mystic Mongol posted:

It's a Vimana, a space capable flying vehicle described in Hindu mythology. The version in the show specifically uses the Ramayana and the Mahabharata as a reference.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 7, 2012

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gilgamesh was amazing.

The New OP/ED are great and all, but I miss Oath Sign already. I do sort of like how they images in both shifted their focus from these great heroes to Kiritsugu personally, since I'm guessing the story will shift from the Servant's and their masters to focus more on him from this point forward (I honestly don't really know, other than one other event my knowledge of the Fate/Zero novels ends with this battle beyond vague knowledge).

Also, we need a snappy new title for this thread.

Fate/Zero - The Maverick and Goose Memorial Thread
Fate/Zero - "BEHOLD! THE GREATEST COOL!"
Fate/Zero - "Best Dad Ever" mugs 50% off
Fate/Zero - This week on Ancient Aliens: Babylonian Spaceships!

Something like that.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 7, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like THE GREATEST COOL!, personally.

Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...
whelp, that f-15 cockpit is.......surprisingly accurate.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Behold the Greatest COOL is totally thread title worthy.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do I turn off the scrolling comments?

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
BEHOLD! THE GREATEST COOL! is definitely the best choice for a title.

Also, the possessed F-15 lived up to the hype. That was beyond the greatest cool. :allears:

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 7, 2012

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

quote:

Behold the Greatest COOL is totally thread title worthy.

I agree :)

Great episode, glad to see Kiritsugu finally assassinate a master.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Berserker really is the MVP of this entire war. Seriously? Jumping on an F-15 and riding it like a horse? Who comes up with this poo poo?! Hope the pilot's okay, though, I didn't see him eject or anything.

e: VVV You died for your country, Diabolo 1. :japan:

blastron fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 7, 2012

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

blastron posted:

Berserker really is the MVP of this entire war. Seriously? Jumping on an F-15 and riding it like a horse? Who comes up with this poo poo?! Hope the pilot's okay, though, I didn't see him eject or anything.

He was killed by the g-force of Berserker overclocking the jet, if I remember the novels.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Rodyle posted:

He was killed by the g-force of Berserker overclocking the jet, if I remember the novels.

Yeah, that's it. Poor guy decorated his cockpit.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Given the conversation between Tokiomi & Kariya, does Tokiomi know anything about Matou magic & what's happening to Sakura? I get the feeling that he doesn't.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FrantzX posted:

Given the conversation between Tokiomi & Kariya, does Tokiomi know anything about Matou magic & what's happening to Sakura? I get the feeling that he doesn't.

I don't think it's ever clearly stated, but at the very least I'd guess he doesn't understand exactly what the "training" entails or what Zouken is specifically planning to do to Sakura. While he would know that it's bug-based, he probably thinks that it entails something else.

Awesome episode. I was worried about how they would handle it, but they're really doing justice to one of the best fights in the series.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

FrantzX posted:

It's really never fully explained how much he knows. Given how Crests are passed down, he likely knows it's not exactly easy or peaceful for Sakura. You could say that with Zouken and all, he should assume that something funny is up, but the most likely thing is that he simply doesn't think Zouken will go any farther with training than he would himself.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Some of the things that Zouken did Tokiomi could never have anticipated.

Fairly severe FSN spoilers:
For example, embedding bits of the destroyed grail into Sakura

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FrantzX posted:

Nope!

Kariya is too jealous of Tokiomi for marrying Aoi and too obsessed with the idea that he's going to be a big hero to actually try and just properly talk it out. Tokiomi would be incredibly angry if he found out just what kind of a magus Zouken is and what he was doing to Sakura.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The show is also making Kariya act a little less crazy here to adapt an inner monologue of Tokiomi's we're not supposed to see until later into spoken conversation. In the books, Kariya just kind of yowls at him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

jonjonaug posted:

Nope!

Kariya is too jealous of Tokiomi for marrying Aoi and too obsessed with the idea that he's going to be a big hero to actually try and just properly talk it out. Tokiomi would be incredibly angry if he found out just what kind of a magus Zouken is and what he was doing to Sakura.

The speech about how Tokiomi treats the lesser daughter like poo poo would fuel any suspicions that he knew (whether or not he really did).

InsaneZero
Feb 16, 2011

Tae posted:

The speech about how Tokiomi treats the lesser daughter like poo poo would fuel any suspicions that he knew (whether or not he really did).

If Tokiomi really knew what Zouken was doing, he'd be furious, both as a father and as a mage.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
I do like how the ED shifts focus from the past of the Heroic Spirits to the past of Irisviel and Kiritsugu. It's a nice touch that puts a lot of what happens in the closing acts of the war into perspective.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

You would think that Tokiomi would look at Kariya and say, "What happened to you?" Instead they just babble at each other self-righteously. I would probably try to get an idea of what was going to happen to my child before sending her off to live with another family. Maybe that's unrealistic?

Nothing beats the greatest cool, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

InsaneZero posted:

If Tokiomi really knew what Zouken was doing, he'd be furious, both as a father and as a mage.

Would he? He pretty much called Sakura rabble and prioritized mage power over who is basically a nuisance to him, an extra body that he doesn't want to deal with.

• Locked thread