Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I'm going to pretend you photoshopped that ridiculous picture to prove a point. Because really

I love love a lot of electro-industrial, but the drive to be edgy is just so embarassing sometimes.

NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Ever go look at Alien Vampires covers and publicity shots? Go ahead, I'll wait. That's pretty much what they do, unfortunately.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

It's somehow classier when In Strict Confidence does it. At least ISC has credibility with their music. (I really really really like ISC.)

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
ISC get away with it because they write beautiful expressive music as opposed to music that is designed to punch people to.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

There's nothing for ISC to get away with because their visual style bears no resemblance to Alien Vampires' style whatsoever.

PS. ISC owns and I want to see them live

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jose Mengelez posted:

NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD

BACK IN MY DAY

the bands were just as embarassing but I was younger

I am always amazed to hear that In Strict Confidence are still going. They are one of those bands that I like on compilations, but never actually buy their albums. Which ones are good?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

My real introduction to them was their last album, La Parade Monstrueuse. I don't think you can do wrong trying it first. From what I've heard of theirs, it feels like the culmination of everything they've done previously.

edit:

Full disclosure, SnowWhite would have probably been a weird loving track to me, but I'm completely open to it after having played through The Witcher on PC.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 4, 2012

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005
YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLE REACHING DAS ENDE OF MY POSTS
:words:
Saw Laibach's We Come in Peace tour in Berlin last night and was blown away. I've seen them nine times now, and this was easily the best. Songs from every era modernized, and with a great deal more live instrumentation than you can expect from most groups in the genre.

Beyond that, they did a 24-song set, playing the setlist from Helsinki, but adding Final Countdown, Geburt einer Nation, and Das Spiel ist aus. If they come within six hours of you, I strongly recommend going.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.

Phoenixan posted:

Never heard any of your stuff before, so your older Retrogenesis album was an instant purchase for me as well. Definitely quality music.

I just purchased the first two albums as well.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Das Ende posted:

Beyond that, they did a 24-song set, playing the setlist from Helsinki, but adding Final Countdown, Geburt einer Nation, and Das Spiel ist aus.

gently caress off

No but seriously, that's awesome. You're missing a couple of songs there, though, as they played 19 songs in Helsinki. What did you think of Love on the Beat (if they played that)?

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 5, 2012

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

boo_radley posted:

I thought something like that when I heard the Alien Vampires track on the AM sampler :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSRQRoJqnk

and they think this is new (click for big):

Click here to view the full image

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

gently caress off

No but seriously, that's awesome. You're missing a couple of songs there, though, as they played 19 songs in Helsinki. What did you think of Love on the Beat (if they played that)?

Thought Love on the Beat was great. I got sucked into the beat pretty quickly, and it really seemed like something different for them. I do think that LotB, Warme Lederhaut, and Ballad of a Thin Man all sound like they belong together. Really hope that has something to do with an forthcoming album....

Anyway, here's the setlist from Berlin. I stole a copy from the stage and got Ivan to sign it too. :-D

Boji
Bodocnost
Smrt za Smrt
Brat Moj
Ti, Ki Izzivas
Drzava
Die Liebe
Leben-Tod
Le Privilege des Morts
(intermission)
Across the Universe
Take Me to Heaven
Final Countdown
B Mashina
America
Under the Iron Sky
Tanz mit Laibach
Alle gegen alle
Du bist unser
Warme Lederhaut
Love on the Beat

Leben heißt Leben
Geburt einer Nation
Ballad of a Thin Man

Das Spiel ist aus

Some funny bits too. I'm sure Milan read from that "Kapital" book at your show? Odd. They also did an intermission, and had a robot voice announce it. Odder still was that after "Love on the Beat", the robot voice told us that if we clap enough they'll do an encore. Laibach is so weird.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I don't even know who SKOLD is but I bought the LP from the KMFDM site when they had that sale and they just sent this:

We are sending you this e-mail to inform you that the SKOLD vs KMFDM LP is no longer in stock. Normally in a situation like this we would offer you another item in exchange but since we have no more items to offer in exchange we have no choice but to refund you for the SKOLD vs KMFDM LP. We will ship the rest of your order to you along with plenty of extra items. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I hope the 'plenty of extra items' is something cool! But the LP was 10 loving dollars, so really I don't care about them 'making up for it' per se. But of all bands I've been huge fans of KMFDM seems to really care about their fans.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Das Ende posted:

Some funny bits too. I'm sure Milan read from that "Kapital" book at your show? Odd. They also did an intermission, and had a robot voice announce it. Odder still was that after "Love on the Beat", the robot voice told us that if we clap enough they'll do an encore. Laibach is so weird.

I'm not a Laibach expert, but... Das Kapital?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

RizieN posted:

I don't even know who SKOLD is
Think Anarchy on Symbols, and all of ADIOS.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm not a Laibach expert, but... Das Kapital?

Oh no no. He's talking about a book that the singer of Laibach reads from during the song Le Privilege des Morts off the album Kapital. It's literally just a book that says "KAPITAL" on the cover.

I guess that also answers your question, Das Ende!

Really jealous of all that extra tracks you got to hear! The perils of seeing one of the first shows, I guess. We didn't have the robot voice, either. I wish a live video of Love on the Beat would surface on YouTube or something, I loving loved it live and want to see if it was as awesome as I remember it being.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

teethgrinder posted:

Think Anarchy on Symbols, and all of ADIOS.

Glorious, then I'll definitely have to start checking them out. Thanks.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Him, it's just Tim Skold.

Oh yeah, and all of mdfmk. Which I actually really liked at the time. Haven't listened to it in ages.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I was so pissed when I heard rumors that KMFDM "broke up" and the remaining members made MDFMK... but it all worked out and I have very fond memories of my Sony CD Walkman on the bus going to school blasting that loving album. I haven't heard it since then, but I imagine I'd probably still like it just because of nostalgia.

Definitely gonna grab some of SKOLD's poo poo after work today, along with a bottle and some loving weed. Today at work has been pretty fitting for some heavy industrial poo poo... I'm ready to tear the place down.

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005

Really jealous of all that extra tracks you got to hear! The perils of seeing one of the first shows, I guess. We didn't have the robot voice, either. I wish a live video of Love on the Beat would surface on YouTube or something, I loving loved it live and want to see if it was as awesome as I remember it being.

Well, I definitely liked LotB, but it wasn't a standout for me or anything. I was really impressed with Leben heißt Leben. I know it's an old song, but the new version is different enough to be like new. I guess from a certain perspective, Laibach is being a bit hacky, but I actually like the way they're sort of covering themselves at this point.

They used NATO video pictures on the JC Superstars album packaging, and covered Brat Moj. Then on WAT, they recycled lyrics from Kapital on Das Spiel ist aus, and were generally very self-referential. On Volk they reused a big piece of Satanic Versus on America and of course covered The Great Seal on NSK. But it all sounds fresh. And I really love how they're using Mina live, juxtaposed against Milan. I'm hoping she plays a big part on the new material....

By the way, forget being jealous of me. Apparently the show at Tate Modern is going to be three hours long... :-o

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Das Ende posted:

Well, I definitely liked LotB, but it wasn't a standout for me or anything. I was really impressed with Leben heißt Leben. I know it's an old song, but the new version is different enough to be like new. I guess from a certain perspective, Laibach is being a bit hacky, but I actually like the way they're sort of covering themselves at this point.

They used NATO video pictures on the JC Superstars album packaging, and covered Brat Moj. Then on WAT, they recycled lyrics from Kapital on Das Spiel ist aus, and were generally very self-referential. On Volk they reused a big piece of Satanic Versus on America and of course covered The Great Seal on NSK. But it all sounds fresh. And I really love how they're using Mina live, juxtaposed against Milan. I'm hoping she plays a big part on the new material....

By the way, forget being jealous of me. Apparently the show at Tate Modern is going to be three hours long... :-o

And here I am thinking I'm so cool because I read Interrogation Machine and own an NSK passport. Meanwhile, Laibach go nowhere near where I live and put on these awesome forever-long shows for some really lucky people.

What I'm trying to say is: I'm really jealous of you.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Pretty excited about Resistanz tomorrow. Seeing Memmaker, ESA, Mind.In.A.Box and Icon of Coil is going to be awesome!

Also, there appears to be a new CD out by Autoclav 1.1 - definitely something to purchase soon, I think...

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Oh you're going to Resistanz too this year? If you see a green haired (real hair not synthetic) girl wearing a "I could have bought a shirt from a band actually playing at Resistanz this year" Caustic t-shirt then please say hiii!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Here's an interesting thing Angelspit are trying: they're selling a branded flash drive, and for extra money including albums on it.

quote:

Angelspit's USB SPIT PILL is a 4GB data key made from sturdy metal and will be shipped to you within 3 days of your order.

Now you can pick and choose from Angelspit's albums and have them loaded onto your USB SPIT PILL. These releases include previously unavailable photos, interviews, videos, and much more.

STEP 1: Choose your colour.
Buy a USB SPIT PILL for US$12 and choose it's colour - Red/Silver; Black/Silver; and all Silver.

STEP 2: Load more releases onto your USB SPIT PILL!
Your USB SPIT PILL comes preloaded with Angelspit's new 13 track remix album "[Re]fibrillator".
Purchase as many additional Angelspit releases as you desire - they contain enough special features to destroy any fan's mind PLUS they are cheaper than the regular digital versions on Amazon or iTunes!

The flash drive itself, as it says above, is $12, and albums are $5-8. Not a bad deal, I think, if that appeals. Then again, I do wonder how high the quality is on those files if they can jam their entire catalogue onto one of these 4G drives.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

An album of FLAC files is only like 100-150MB so it can be done.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Furret Basket posted:

An album of FLAC files is only like 100-150MB so it can be done.

I guess it depends a bit on your FLAC settings or something but it's not quite that small, I've ripped all my CDs into FLAC and a 50 minute album stands at about 400 MB. Anyway, looking at their discogs, it still doesn't seem like a problem to fit all their releases on a 4 gig stick.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Pope Guilty posted:

Here's an interesting thing Angelspit are trying: they're selling a branded flash drive, and for extra money including albums on it.

The flash drive itself, as it says above, is $12, and albums are $5-8. Not a bad deal, I think, if that appeals. Then again, I do wonder how high the quality is on those files if they can jam their entire catalogue onto one of these 4G drives.

Oh my god I am so tired of bands selling USB sticks.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Quite some time ago, I posted a link to a William Control song. After more than a year of listening to his stuff, I have to say that it's still quite awesome in spite of being a bit angsty. He just released a new album that is up to par with his other releases. That's a good thing to me.

He totally gives off the vibe of someone who fucks 16 year old fans, though.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Godmachine posted:

Quite some time ago, I posted a link to a William Control song. After more than a year of listening to his stuff, I have to say that it's still quite awesome in spite of being a bit angsty. He just released a new album that is up to par with his other releases. That's a good thing to me.

He totally gives off the vibe of someone who fucks 16 year old fans, though.

I got the vibe of a younger brother trying to be (capital g) Goth. And Deathclub sounds like a song off of Bloodhound Gang's Hefty Fine : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_RGaSV0KIg&feature=player_detailpage#t=30s

down1nit fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 8, 2012

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Resistanz day 1 from someone who gets knackered easily:

Memmaker were amazing, I didn't expect much less to be honest, very fun and very tiring.
I didn't really pay much attention to Be My Enemy they seemed like a generic metal band with a synth to me.
E.S.A. were great, but I found urm, everything they had on their background screens completely offensive in every way, it really gave a bad taste.
It's surprisingly the first time I've seen Soman, he was wearing an awesome Riddick cosplay. I love Soman and his music is even better in person not much of a bad thing to say.
I'm not a huge fan of Frozen Plasma's music so I took a rest and stayed back, what I did catch seemed good.
Nachtmahr were unsurprisingly being Nachtmahr, if you don't like their music you'll find a thousand things to hate about them, if you don't mind their music then you'll have fun dancing while ignoring everything else they do that's offensive.
I've seen Grendel so many times now they're becoming completely unremarkable for me, not doing anything new, I even left half way through because I was so tired. If you've never seen them you most certainly should but don't expect anything new between shows.

Today I'm really looking forward to finally seeing Icon Of Coil, they're one of the groups that got me into the genre so I'm glad I'm actually getting the opportunity to see them. I think I'll be taking the rest of the day pretty easily but I'll try to catch everyone. I'm not familiar with most of the people playing day 2 so maybe they'll be someone surprising.

I'm still not convinced on Corporation as a venue, it's still just as small, and unlike last year they have upstairs closed off but they did expand the smoking area so at least there's some room to replace that was lost. Still there's definitely more people this year so it seems silly. The food caterers are idiots and think it's a good idea to cook food as people order it causing you to be in line for no less than half an hour waiting for a little bratwurst and curly fries. Brilliant.

By and large my biggest problem is a problem they had last year, and that's the music they play between bands. They have DJs for the after parties but they don't have anyone on between bands. I don't see why they couldn't just have someone doing quick 15 minute sets instead of sticking on Marylin Mansons greatest hits CD on repeat. It got very annoying very quickly. Last year I put it down to them just overlooking it, now I don't know what they're excuse is. Oh well, good bands, cheap booze, lots of people, anything you can complain about is offset by the good things.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

VNV Nation is playing in Helsinki today. I'd love to go as they apparently kick rear end live but

a) The tickets are 30 €
b) I really don't know anything about the band apart from the barest of essentials
c) None of my friends are interested (see a and b)

Ugh should I go :argh:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

VNV Nation are best live when they're not actually playing music so I wouldn't worry.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Furret Basket posted:

I didn't really pay much attention to Be My Enemy they seemed like a generic metal band with a synth to me.

Be My Enemy is Barry from Cubanate.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

VNV Nation is playing in Helsinki today. I'd love to go as they apparently kick rear end live but

a) The tickets are 30 €
b) I really don't know anything about the band apart from the barest of essentials
c) None of my friends are interested (see a and b)

Ugh should I go :argh:

Absoloutely, those dudes work a crowd like no other and need to be seen live at least once.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I was honestly surprised that I enjoyed Ultraviolence at Resistanz. I was fully expecting them to be completely crap, but they were pretty good. Very silly and the sparks and stuff was dumb, but actually enjoyable musically. Icon of Coil were fun once they got going and it was really great to see them again after eleven years! (But they weren't as good as they were before Combichrist happened IMO, I guess he's more used to shouting than singing nowadays) and MIAB were loving great.

The only bands I watched much of on Saturday were Memmaker and ESA, who were both awesome. Jamie ESA is pretty drat hunky as well :swoon:

Got kinda lost in the venue a bit - and the security was pretty shite, given the amount of punters from the upstairs rock night wandering through the main bit on Saturday. Although on Sunday when it was the hardstyle DJs upstairs, we spent a good ten minutes exploring, discovering a bar we'd never even realised was there and balconies too.

Twiin posted:

Be My Enemy is Barry from Cubanate.

Live, they sounded basically exactly like Cubanate to me (admittedly, they played at least one actual Cubanate track, bet you can guess which one)

Also, UK types who're going to Infest, when August comes around we could hit each other up with PMs and arrange to somehow put neckbearded* faces to dorky internet names or something since I kinda failed to do that before this weekend. (*I don't have neckbeard really)

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005
For those two other Laibach fans up there:

Aside from the Iron Sky soundtrack (which is okay...worth it as a fan for the new version of B Mashina and a couple other tracks, but is really a collection of one minute bits of the score with way too many samples from the movie), Laibach Revisted, the reimagining of their first album, should be done this month. And apparently they're releasing something called An Introduction To... Laibach / Reproduction Prohibited, which is apparently a new covers album that will include Ballad of a Thin Man and Warme Lederhaut. And presumably Love on the Beat...

EDIT: Bah. Apparently it's a collection of their greatest covers, and Thin Man and Lederhaut might be the only new tracks. :bang:

Das Ende fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 9, 2012

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

RizieN posted:

I don't even know who SKOLD is but I bought the LP from the KMFDM site when they had that sale and they just sent this:

We are sending you this e-mail to inform you that the SKOLD vs KMFDM LP is no longer in stock. Normally in a situation like this we would offer you another item in exchange but since we have no more items to offer in exchange we have no choice but to refund you for the SKOLD vs KMFDM LP. We will ship the rest of your order to you along with plenty of extra items. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I hope the 'plenty of extra items' is something cool! But the LP was 10 loving dollars, so really I don't care about them 'making up for it' per se. But of all bands I've been huge fans of KMFDM seems to really care about their fans.

So my stuff came in, aside from what I ordered they added Kraut & Today 7", A documentary and/or the Sturm & Drang tour DVD, a shitload of stickers and postcards. My wife texted me this so I can't wait to go home and check it all out!

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
So I'm going to a music festival this year and Combichrist is playing. I've seen them once before, when they were opening for Rammstein. Didn't know who they were, neither did most people there but they absolutely rocked the crowd. It was the best opening act I've seen, even though I've never even heard of their name before.

Basically, I see that their discography is pretty large. Where's a good place to start? I really like "Get your body beat up", but I haven't heard much of their stuff yet.

edit: VNV Nation is also playing, any tips where to start with them?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Furret Basket posted:

Oh you're going to Resistanz too this year? If you see a green haired (real hair not synthetic) girl wearing a "I could have bought a shirt from a band actually playing at Resistanz this year" Caustic t-shirt then please say hiii!

Didn't see your post til after, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Skilleddk posted:

So I'm going to a music festival this year and Combichrist is playing. I've seen them once before, when they were opening for Rammstein. Didn't know who they were, neither did most people there but they absolutely rocked the crowd. It was the best opening act I've seen, even though I've never even heard of their name before.

Basically, I see that their discography is pretty large. Where's a good place to start? I really like "Get your body beat up", but I haven't heard much of their stuff yet.

edit: VNV Nation is also playing, any tips where to start with them?

Combichrist's best IMO is "What The gently caress Is Wrong With You People?", but be warned that it seems like at least one song on every album is pretty misogynist.