Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ross posted:

I read that part of the deal for the TV series was that George had to disclose how the series ends (:laugh:) to the producers so they could finish the series in the event that the books don't get finished for whatever reason.

However I'd also be surprised if the show makes it through seven seasons or whatever it would take.

Which is hilarious because by his own admission (as if it weren't clear from the last two books) Gurm doesn't plan ahead and has no idea how the gently caress the series ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

brakeless posted:

Has he always been this bad with pet phrases? I've read translations before this one and they didn't bother mw with this bullshit.

Nobody answered this, but the answer is yes he has always been this bad. Neeps, nipples on a breast plate, give a groat, nuncle, lemon cakes, honey roasted chicken, etc etc etc etc

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The king shits and the hand wipes

The khaleesi shits and the book's trite

Strong Belwas shits after fun fight

Lord Tywin shits and goes toward the light

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The king shits and the hand wipes

The khaleesi shits and the book's trite

Strong Belwas shits after fun fight

Lord Tywin shits and goes toward the light

Very poetic, good sir. :golfclap:

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

TVIV's "Who Sits the Iron Throne on the Season 2 Finale":

35% Gendry
25% Renly
25% Stannis
10% Robb
4% Other
1% Tommen
0% Joffrey

I can already taste the delicious tears.

Do you think it counts as spoilers to post, 'THERE ARE FIVE BOOKS YOU TWITS'

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

nuncle jimbo posted:

I plan to just never post in that thread as I have no idea anymore what constitutes a spoiler.

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Nobody answered this, but the answer is yes he has always been this bad. Neeps, nipples on a breast plate, give a groat, nuncle, lemon cakes, honey roasted chicken, etc etc etc etc

He had a dreadful squirt of "niggardly" that lasted for approximately one third of a book.

Ross posted:

I plan to just never post in that thread as I have no idea anymore what constitutes a spoiler.

As someone who had the thread closed last night GMT, anything that was not expressly covered in the TV episodes. Any retarded speculation regarding obviously dead, but it didn't happen on camera, people is still fair game. Syrio Forel being a big point of contention in that regard because, obviously, even with half a broken stick he could kill anyone, because he's such a lovable badass.

vvvPretty much that.vvv

67 and still making love fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 5, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Acknowledging the existence of books is spoilers

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Twanki posted:

He had a dreadful squirt of "niggardly" that lasted for approximately one third of a book.
As an homage to Dickens.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Acknowledging happy fun ball is spoilers.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ross posted:

Literally everything ever.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

They can torture me as long as they want, but there are still only four lights three books!

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

crazypeltast52 posted:

They can torture me as long as they want, but there are still only four lights three books!

If they're masochists or rather, if they believe the viewing public to be masochists, I don't see any reason why Dance of Crows/ Feast of Dragons couldn't be rejigged into 3 seasons between the two tomes, considering they're concurrent.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Twanki posted:

If they're masochists or rather, if they believe the viewing public to be masochists, I don't see any reason why Dance of Crows/ Feast of Dragons couldn't be rejigged into 3 seasons between the two tomes, considering they're concurrent.

But as far as filmable television, Jaime writes in a book, Brienne knocks on a few doors, Samwise goes to the Citadel, Dorkstar cuts off Myrcella's ear, Cersei is tried for whatever, Tyrion rides a pig, and Dany sharts.

That's like 3 episodes once you pad it out with prostitutes fingerbanging each other's buttholes.

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

Tony Danza Claus posted:

But as far as filmable television, Jaime writes in a book, Brienne knocks on a few doors, Samwise goes to the Citadel, Dorkstar cuts off Myrcella's ear, Cersei is tried for whatever, Tyrion rides a pig, and Dany sharts.

That's like 3 episodes once you pad it out with prostitutes fingerbanging each other's buttholes.

Jaime has a whole bunch of Rhaegar/ smiling knight, Aerys burning the city flashbacks, Brienne gets to kill the last of the mummers and meet with Lord Tarly I think, which could give some further weight to Samwell's (as if he needs it, fat joke) loneliness as he watches the Summer Islanders bang their way across the sea, poo poo in Dorne can definitely be condensed, maybe get a better handle on Arianne and Ser Arys and how much of a lovable dumbass he is, Tyrion gets to be in the inenviable position of being unable to talk himself out of poo poo and Dany.... sharts.

drat, poo poo just got desperate.

They'll make it work, I don't know how, but they, the indeterminate "they", will make it work.

EDIT: Wait, as for Dany, they can just play up the murder mystery aspect of the Sons Of The Harpy and Loraq's part therein for a good while.

67 and still making love fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 5, 2012

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Stannis is too relaxed in the series. He doesn't look like a man who grinds his teeth or keeps stubbornly trying to be King even though nobody in Westeros wants him or gives a poo poo about him (no, not even Dany shits for Stannis). Though apparently he is a man who fucks his red-headed witch woman on a kickass map-table.

Can't wait till he finds out his ~~son~~ is a shadow babby.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

prostitutes fingerbanging each other's buttholes.

Should be the new thread name. BTW... my New Years resolution is to bring niggardly back. Living in Chicago, I may get shot or stabbed in the gut, but I'm bringing it back drat it. That reminds me of a funny story about my favorite nuncle. He was a niggardly old chap (and useless as nipples on a breast plate) but he always has a fresh lemon cake for us children when we came to visit.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Can't we just pretend Barristan and Victarion had the only chapters in ADWD?

el_brio posted:

Should be the new thread name. BTW... my New Years resolution is to bring niggardly back. Living in Chicago, I may get shot or stabbed in the gut, but I'm bringing it back drat it. That reminds me of a funny story about my favorite nuncle. He was a niggardly old chap (and useless as nipples on a breast plate) but he always has a fresh lemon cake for us children when we came to visit.

He was the father of your coz, no doubt.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Urdnot Fire posted:

Can't we just pretend Barristan and Victarion had the only chapters in ADWD?

He was the father of your coz, no doubt.

No because Theon's chapters were better than both of those.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Dorkstar

:owned:

Someone made a pretty cool fake 16bit Game of Thrones video game. If it would've played a little more straight (Less of the "what, seriously?") and a longer opening, it could've been amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCruJzlWefE

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

el_brio posted:

The Bad Thread is about lemon cakes and rape, and we already know you ate up all his lemon cakes....

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

ruddiger posted:

:owned:

Someone made a pretty cool fake 16bit Game of Thrones video game. If it would've played a little more straight (Less of the "what, seriously?") and a longer opening, it could've been amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCruJzlWefE

This is pretty great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

empty sea posted:

Stannis is too relaxed in the series. He doesn't look like a man who grinds his teeth or keeps stubbornly trying to be King even though nobody in Westeros wants him or gives a poo poo about him (no, not even Dany shits for Stannis). Though apparently he is a man who fucks his red-headed witch woman on a kickass map-table.

Can't wait till he finds out his ~~son~~ is a shadow babby.

He's gonna get a lot more frustrated when he loses Blackwater.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

IRQ posted:

Which is hilarious because by his own admission (as if it weren't clear from the last two books) Gurm doesn't plan ahead and has no idea how the gently caress the series ends.
I'd love to know what kind of bullshit he made up at the last minute for HBO

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Bhaal posted:

Had dinner last night with some friends I don't see often. It turns out they've never read the books but are huge fans of the show. They want joffrey dead so badly they can taste it, and are CONVINCED (/hoping) it will happen before the halfway point this season. I probed for more of their speculation and they're pretty sure Robb will have a hand in it if not deliver the killing blow himself. They're pretty big Robb fans, and are just pumped to see Joffrey get whacked in the next couple weeks. :allears:

It might be tricky, but I'm going to have to schedule a dinner date or something way ahead of time next year (or the year after) so that I get to see them < 24 hours after they witness the Red Wedding. It's not that I hate my friends, I've just found the best way to cope with the pain of GURM is to witness it among others.

The proper thing to do here is to set up a viewing party at your place and film them as the Red Wedding is happening. Then share the video with us. It's our only chance of getting another "my nigga Ned!"

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Mnemosyne posted:

"my nigga Ned!"

What is this you speak of?

edit: haha, that's great

edit2: gently caress the blonde man

Ross fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 5, 2012

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ross posted:

What is this you speak of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've planned well in advance to have every non-book reader feast at my house on Red Wedding night with cameras everywhere.

One poor sap I know thinks Robb is sure to win, because Ned being the lead was a fakeout, like how most fantasy has an avenging hero, and in this case season 1 was a kind of prequel to the real story; the story of Robb.

I won't spoil him because 2 eps deep into season 2 he's such a cheerleader Robb fanboy that I can't wait to see him be completely destroyed when drums are beating and Robb starts sprouting feathers.

And I'll be right there next to him. Happiest I will ever be.

S03E10 is going to own so loving hard.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
List of Characters that Rule, according to bigmcgaffney

-Darkstar
-Daario
-Red Viper
-Quentyn and friends
-Beric and Thoros
-Dacey Mormont
-Sand Snakes
-Varys
-Rakharo
-Shavepate
-Belwas
-Qyburn
-Dolorous Edd
-Mance Rayder
-Tormund's dick
-Margaery
-Jalabhar Xho
-Salladhar Saan
-Melisandre
-Renly, Loras, and the Rainbow Guard
-Barristan
-Victarion
-Qarl the Maid
-List is too long so I quit

Yeah, that too. And Arthur Dayne, Edric Storm, Jon Conn, Aegon, the sexy septa... Pretty much all non-POV chars. Arya and Tyrion are cool though.
vvv

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 5, 2012

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Pretty Pig

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I've planned well in advance to have every non-book reader feast at my house on Red Wedding night with cameras everywhere.

To get the true Song of Ice and Fire Experience you must spike your snacks with laxatives so everyone is violently making GBS threads all over the place

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Was this posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJblxV3QHQ

At ~ 30:00 GRRM reads a Book 6 excerpt (Victarion chapter) from a couple weeks ago.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Barristan is cool, too, despite getting a POV.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So for those who watched the next episode: Stannis is just screwing Melisandre because he wants to get laid, or is there some other reason?

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

So for those who watched the next episode: Stannis is just screwing Melisandre because he wants to get laid, or is there some other reason?

Shadow baby yo.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

The lord of light needs his seed to make shadowbaby assassins to kill his foes.

Efb

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

whowhatwhere posted:

She says he has to give himself fully to the lord to win the throne and also she'll give him sons. She does not mention that they will be murderous shadow sons.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
Stannis and Melisandre gettin' it on in the books was always implied either through dialogue or somebody's interior monologue right? I can't remember an actual seduction scene.

Maytag posted:

Stannis in the show has way too much passion. He was a cold robot in the books.

Yeah, I thought he gave in to Melisandre pretty easily. All it took was pretty much "Ayo Imma give you a kid" and he's like "Alright I'm game".

Then again, who knows how it first happened in the books, right?

Trico fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 5, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Trico posted:

Stannis and Melisandre gettin' it on in the books was always implied either through dialogue or somebody's interior monologue right? I can't remember an actual seduction scene.

Yeah, Mel mentions he hasn't been warming her bed lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Stannis in the show has way too much passion. He was a cold robot in the books.