Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Just a reminder for everyone to vote in this comic tournament thingy. Last I checked, GK was 14 votes down from Homestuck, and it would be delightful if Gunnerkrigg won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Oh god, if Gunnerkrigg loses to Goblins in finals. FTGE.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

The Missing Link posted:

The only text suitable for it would be PPPBBBTTTTTHHHHTTPPPPPBBBBTTTHHHHPPPPPPBBBBHHHTTTTTHHHPBBBBTTTTTTTHHHHPPPP.

I was thinking "Rank Up! Lv. 2 Super Schmendrick!" or similar, but that would work too.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Gunnerkrigg is consistently behind Homestuck by ten votes. I dunno man.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
It's been going back and forth all day. It's going to be a photo finish.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Luminous Obscurity posted:

It's been going back and forth all day. It's going to be a photo finish.

"Error establishing a database connection" :ohdear:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Shitloads of people have been linking that poll on Tumblr. I think they broke the site.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
45 Minutes. Here we go.

Gunnerkrigg Court (50%, 10,822 Votes)
MS Paint Adventures/Homestuck (50%, 10,811 Votes)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Gunnerkrigg Court (50%, 10,917 Votes)
MS Paint Adventures/Homestuck (50%, 10,860 Votes)

If you have not voted in this horrible contest, please do so, because Tom will get $100 if GKC wins. It's not a lot, but Tom should be given as many of the dollars as possible.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court (50%, 10,917 Votes)
MS Paint Adventures/Homestuck (50%, 10,860 Votes)

If you have not voted in this horrible contest, please do so, because Tom will get $100 if GKC wins. It's not a lot, but Tom should be given as many of the dollars as possible.

Hell, I make money off Homestuck and I tossed my vote in for GC. I agree with Hussie that MSPA doesn't need more exposure at this point, which is the key benefit of this contest. GC is great, and I'm all about good artists making a living off their art, so I want to support Tom's recent move as much as possible.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hah, the site is currently down/broken as hell. Man, I hope GKC beats MSPA - now THAT would be an accomplishment, regardless of Hussie saying one thing or another!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I have never been so invested in an internet webcomics voting thing before. :ohdear:

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

I have never been so invested in an internet webcomics voting thing before. :ohdear:

11,151 vs. 11,150 :ohdear:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I'm pretty sure GC has just won by four votes.

11,164 to 11,160

E: don't know if votes are still being counted, each side gained 21 when I refreshed.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 5, 2012

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you could screenshot it, that would be swell - the website has been giving me massive errors for the last hour or so.

Edit: It was supposed to end at 11:59 EST, right?

Podima fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 5, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
How can you even tell? Site is very dead for me.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Its still taking votes, last I saw GC was leading by 7.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Well I just got in a vote but it just shows a loading icon so I don't know if it counted it.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Gah, just close the polls already. I want to go to bed knowing whether I should stop caring about this stupid thing tomorrow.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm just getting the spinning loading wheel again.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

e: :toot:

Vote tally keeps rising, but the GC lead is increasing.

First Spear fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 5, 2012

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The site seems to be working better now, but just in case it isn't for anyone:

e: and it's at GC 11,262 to Homestuck 11,223 now.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So when the hell does the voting end?

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

Rei_ posted:

So when the hell does the voting end?

Was supposed to end an hour and a half ago, so I'm not sure.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Didn't Andrew Hussie specifically tell his fans to not vote for him? These guys are all betraying the orders of the great Huss!

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

The votes just keep coming in. :ohdear:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Talorat posted:

Didn't Andrew Hussie specifically tell his fans to not vote for him? These guys are all betraying the orders of the great Huss!

There's a significant percentage of Homestuck fans that are certain they know what's better for the comic than Hussie.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
The votes seem to have finally stopped trickling in, so this may be the final total?

E: VVVVV Sweet.

First Spear fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 5, 2012

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
According to the comicmix twitter, Gunnerkrigg won this round. :unsmith:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Also Hussie made a joke about having the $100 go to a random person as an Olive Garden gift card when he made that tumblr post. Looking at the comments, there are people voting for Homestuck that mention it.

Let me repeat that, there is at least one Homestuck fan actively ignoring Hussie saying he would rather Gunnerkrigg win because they want to win a gift card to Olive Garden.

E: ^^^^ :toot: :dance: :toot:

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Dodgeball posted:

Oh god, if Gunnerkrigg loses to Goblins in finals. FTGE.

Wait, what? When I voted two days ago OotS was winning by a huge margin. WTF happened? Because Gunnerkirgg vs. OotS would've been a battle I'd have loved to see, plotwise.

Whatever, full force for GKC in the finals!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kimitsu posted:

Wait, what? When I voted two days ago OotS was winning by a huge margin. WTF happened? Because Gunnerkirgg vs. OotS would've been a battle I'd have loved to see, plotwise.

Whatever, full force for GKC in the finals!

Thunt massively advertises like a shameless whore for his 2 pages a month webcomic that he's too lazy to update, while Rich tells people not to vote for him.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
It's good to see that Gunnerkrigg is getting a lot more publicity from this. :buddy: Tom deserves it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Hurray. Now Tom get's 50 dollars.

That said, I'm going to be depressed if GKC loses to playdoh.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So I just looked up Goblins... What the gently caress? How did that mess get even half this far? Who would vote for that?

I would honestly rather look at the "art" in CAD.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

So I just looked up Goblins... What the gently caress? How did that mess get even half this far? Who would vote for that?

If someone takes a poo poo on the internet, there's bound to be someone who will like it.

My pet project's success is assured!

EDIT: OK. What can we do to insure Tom wins this whole thing?

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 5, 2012

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I belive the technical term is 'lumpy torture'.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Apparently the author of Goblins is bribing people with stuff if he wins or whatever. What an rear end.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Well, I don't know how it made it to the semi finals, but this is the reason it didn't get murdered by OOTS.

Regardless, GC has made it to the finals and I'll vote for it regardless of how meaningless this poll might be.:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Waffleopolis posted:

Apparently the author of Goblins is bribing people with stuff if he wins or whatever. What an rear end.

Ahahaha what are you serious? Do you mean like extra updates or something like that?