Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

xZAOx posted:

You should! I keep getting people telling me to push to 75, then grind there (and make use of some great 75 banked gear), but then after that I see people that are already 75 being told to push on to 80, lol. There's ALWAYS better gear out there. So I'm just gonna take things at my own pace, and try to crawl as many dungeons as possible while they're at a level that's challenging.

While I applaud your decision to take it at your own pace, level 80 is special because you can begin equipping the Tier 1 gear from the House of Thule (HoT T1 gear), which is a ridiculous upgrade in power from previous stuff. Your melee dps and hitpoints will double or triple, making it much more tolerable to grind some AA, get some tougher quests done, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
Is the HoT gear as nice for a caster as it is a melee character?

I'm trying to decide for Caignon whether to stay at 70 and grind more AAs, or grind to 80 before I really hunker down.

I'm a druid if it helps.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

It will have better focuses that last till 90. It's not as overpowering for casters as melee but it definitely helps your survival, mana pool and effectiveness.

As a druid, some of your best spells start showing up 83-90, survival, remote manaflux and rejuvilation are all amazing spell lines that don't show up till 78, 83 and 90.

I hit 90 with about 800AA then ground the rest out from there. Sitting at low levels seems really lovely as a caster since most of your power comes from new spells, not gear or AA. Melee at 80 get to use weapons and armor from 1 expansion ago, you're stuck with spells from 4 expansions ago. I was grouping in T2 HoT zones while wearing some of my old 100-150hp raid items in slots I couldn't fine cheap defiant for.

Gators in Loping Plains are the last good druid solo spot until Al-Kabor's in HoT T3, so you'll be doing a lot of grouping between the two.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

jetz0r posted:

remote manaflux

I was looking up this spell on ZAM, and their wording of what it does is confusing. It says it decreases hitpoints by 3840, but adds the manaflux enervation effect that heals for 3840. So, what the hell does it actually do?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
If you check the comments it tells you what it actually does. It damages the target and heals whoever they are targeting at the time the spell lands.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Nukes your target for X, then heals your target's target (the tank in most cases) for X. Each side crits independently, a twincast on manaflux means two enervations are also fired off. And once you get twinheal AA, you can twincast just the enervation.

It combines the basic druid heal and nuke into one spell at a mana reduction and a very nice 1s cast time.

The Remote line is one of the spells that never leaves your spell bar, ever. Along with Survival, Rejuvilation, and Twincast.

I want to call it the Manaflux line because that sounds better, but the next two are Remote Sunflare and Remote Sunburst.

Edit for more druid spell info:

Survival of the Fittest/Felicitous/Propitious/Prosperous is a group heal that heals each player based on how low their hps are. Here's the raidloot.com spell parse of it:

Casting: 1s, Recast: 3m, Timer: 13
1: Increase Current HP by 3145 (If HP Between 55 and 65 Percent)
2: Increase Current HP by 6300 (If HP Between 45 and 55 Percent)
3: Increase Current HP by 9444 (If HP Between 35 and 45 Percent)
4: Increase Current HP by 12588 (If HP Between 25 and 35 Percent)
5: Increase Current HP by 15744 (If HP Between 1 and 25 Percent)

The cast time and recast time are both halved once you max out the fortified survival AA, which you NEED to do. Once you add in Healing Adept and heal focus, it's functionally a 0.5s CHeal for people below 35%.

And Rejuvilation/Invigoration are slightly larger heals than the standard Vida line, but 0.5s cast time with 12s recast.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 5, 2012

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What are some good places to molo as a 79 necro? I tried out C2 of PoF, but after several kills, my XP hadn't moved at all.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
So I've got a monk on my silver account, and I am thinking about two boxing on another account with one of the free characters. I'm curious, what would you guys recommend using for the two box? I'm thinking a wizard, and then letting the mercs be war/cleric. I don't really want anything too involved for the number two guy, and I feel like two-boxing two melee characters would be pretty hard. So basically, should I do monk/wiz or monk/cleric?

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?

jetz0r posted:

Lots of good druid info.

Wow, thanks!

Hard to find good druid info with so little of them in the guild, I'll probably just grind to 80 or higher then. I've got a little over 100 AAs already, (i know, tip of the iceburg, etc etc) so I'll focus on leveling for now.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Carl Seitan posted:

What are some good places to molo as a 79 necro? I tried out C2 of PoF, but after several kills, my XP hadn't moved at all.

At 79 I'd be in Loping Plains at the gators. The spiders in Icefall will be light blue but still decent if the gators are camped. If you are fairly skilled you could probably handle the boneyard in Hills of Shade too. Reavers Pyre drops there as a bonus.

You want to be aggro kiting here, with no merc.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Nukes your target for X, then heals your target's target (the tank in most cases) for X. Each side crits independently, a twincast on manaflux means two enervations are also fired off. And once you get twinheal AA, you can twincast just the enervation.

It combines the basic druid heal and nuke into one spell at a mana reduction and a very nice 1s cast time.

The Remote line is one of the spells that never leaves your spell bar, ever. Along with Survival, Rejuvilation, and Twincast.

I want to call it the Manaflux line because that sounds better, but the next two are Remote Sunflare and Remote Sunburst.

Edit for more druid spell info:

Survival of the Fittest/Felicitous/Propitious/Prosperous is a group heal that heals each player based on how low their hps are. Here's the raidloot.com spell parse of it:

Casting: 1s, Recast: 3m, Timer: 13
1: Increase Current HP by 3145 (If HP Between 55 and 65 Percent)
2: Increase Current HP by 6300 (If HP Between 45 and 55 Percent)
3: Increase Current HP by 9444 (If HP Between 35 and 45 Percent)
4: Increase Current HP by 12588 (If HP Between 25 and 35 Percent)
5: Increase Current HP by 15744 (If HP Between 1 and 25 Percent)

The cast time and recast time are both halved once you max out the fortified survival AA, which you NEED to do. Once you add in Healing Adept and heal focus, it's functionally a 0.5s CHeal for people below 35%.

And Rejuvilation/Invigoration are slightly larger heals than the standard Vida line, but 0.5s cast time with 12s recast.

Yup, just found the class I'm going to end up as my main. Unfortunately everything I remember about druids was being the red headed step child, and only being used as a taxi service or when the preferred classes weren't around.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pilsner posted:

While I applaud your decision to take it at your own pace, level 80 is special because you can begin equipping the Tier 1 gear from the House of Thule (HoT T1 gear), which is a ridiculous upgrade in power from previous stuff. Your melee dps and hitpoints will double or triple, making it much more tolerable to grind some AA, get some tougher quests done, etc.

Yar, I understand that. If my goal was to grind AA in the most efficient manner possible, I'd move on. The Hole is nice because it's easy to grind AA there, but I only get like 12 AA per lesson or so. I've heard people at 75 and 80 at solo spots getting 20 or so a lesson. I'd assume the trick is at 80 you take your overpowered gear to a nice light blue area and feel like you're a raid mob.

That's kinda similar to taking defiant gear at 70/71 to the Hole, which is Kunark-era (although I'm not sure when the revamp happened). However, the difference apparently isn't as noticeable as it'll be at 80.

But yeah, that's not my goal. I just enjoy grinding AA in a variety at places, as well as trying to see content when it's still at least light blue to me. It'll probably mean I won't grind as many AA at 80 (because I won't have as many to catch up on), but I'm hoping it'll end up for a less "live here forever" experience.

Oh also, I pick up the Extended Ingenuity AA at your suggestion, got the max I could get for my level. Already finding it very useful. The longer clicky-effect from my epic is especially nice.

cryptoclastic posted:

So I've got a monk on my silver account, and I am thinking about two boxing on another account with one of the free characters. I'm curious, what would you guys recommend using for the two box? I'm thinking a wizard, and then letting the mercs be war/cleric. I don't really want anything too involved for the number two guy, and I feel like two-boxing two melee characters would be pretty hard. So basically, should I do monk/wiz or monk/cleric?

This has been asked a bunch of times, and the suggestion lots of times is bard or shaman. Shaman being able to slow will just make your life a lot easier, and can buff out the wazoo. My dps takes a noticeable increase when there's a shaman in the group. Bards also add a ton of utility, including amazing haste (the shaman can haste too of course, but I believe bards are the only ones who can overhaste, please correct me if I'm wrong!), not to mention superior pulling than a monk, ability to mez, super quick travel, etc.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Basfreak67 posted:

Wow, thanks!

Hard to find good druid info with so little of them in the guild,

Bahanahab posted:

Yup, just found the class I'm going to end up as my main.

I'm the only erollisi goon in the serverwide chat, feel free to ask me questions in there. There's also http://thedruidsgrove.org/forums/index.php that has some good guides but is pretty dead otherwise.

There's not many druids around anymore, which is a shame since the class is better off now than any other time in eq. Our spell healing is roughly the same better as a cleric's (worse AA heals and no epic click) and our spell dps is about on par with mages (no free pet dps). We get some caster adps support, but not much to help out melee except dmg shields that haven't scaled well and the same str spell shm cast in unity. And we get -atk debuffs that are supposed to reduce incoming damage about as much slow, but is more dependent on having a good tank.

Group side, you can be a group's main healer, backup healer or full on 2nd tier dps with emergency heals.

Raid side, tank group healer, caster group healer, switching into dps role that beats any other utility or priest class. 4-6 raid useful debuffs. HP buff used by 14/16 classes on raids.

Ask me about druids and I will never loving stop typing.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

jetz0r posted:

Ask me about druids and I will never loving stop typing.

Just wondering, can they still quad kite for decent xp? Or when was the last expansion they could?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

quote:

The issues with the patch servers have been resolved. If you had issues patching earlier, please try again now.

*** Highlights ***

- Destrea Kinmare in the Plane of Knowledge needs your help to stop the cruel experimentation that is underway within The Hatchery. - Modified the functionality of prestige items so that armor or weapons with prestige augments inserted do not become prestige. - Made numerous changes to Tier 3 and Tier 4 Veil of Alaris raids. - Most items with activated spell effects can now be triggered from within your inventory. - Maxed tradeskill trophies now produce a 24 slot tradeskill component bag in addition to the 12 slot general carry-all. - You can now create an Extraplanar Trade Satchel using Extraplanar Silk. - Reduced the number of players required to experience several older raid events. - Secalna Galnor can now send you to the tutorial if you are level 10 or lower. - Corrected an issue where players who had completed non-repeatable tasks in the past were not receiving achievement credit. - You can now ask Arias to send you to a different instance of the second Tutorial zone, if the initial instance is too full and another one is available. Just tell him that you [wish] to go.

*** Items ***

- Nearly all items that previously needed to be equipped in order to activate their spell effect should now be useable from your inventory if you are capable of equipping that item. These changes intentionally exclude a number of quest and bane items. - The Rod of Alsa Thel can now place it in your bank. - The Midnight Veil can no longer be stored in banks or real estates.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Maxed tradeskill trophies now produce a 24 slot tradeskill component bag in addition to the 12 slot general carry-all. - You can now find Extraplanar Silk in Veil of Alaris and House of Thule zones. To find instructions on how to use it to craft an Extraplanar Trade Satchel, visit Bookseller Shoden in Argath or Sherin Matrick in the Plane of Knowledge. - Looted cultural crafting components now have appropriate coin and tribute values. - Added a coin or tribute value to many looted poison and jewelry tradeskilling components.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Destrea Kinmare in the Plane of Knowledge needs your help to stop the cruel experimentation that is underway within The Hatchery. - Time and Tides raid - Lowered the initial DPS of High Priests within the raid. - Time and Tides raid - Those who are currently on top of a High Priest's hate list should no longer receive a whirlpool emote. - Time and Tides raid - Increased the amount of time characters have to respond to the whirlpool emote. - Time and Tides raid - Decreased the radius of the whirlpool effect. - Two Sides of the Stone raid - Significantly lowered the amount of HP Vision or Decay will heal when a condition is "failed". - Two Sides of the Stone raid - Characters who are dead and unable to follow the "jump" emote will no longer trigger the fail condition. - Two Sides of the Stone raid - Characters now have a little more time to execute their "jumps" and remove "filth". - Unearthing Alra raid - Clarified the effect of each tower. - Unearthing Alra raid - Made a number of changes to the messaging to better explain some previously ambiguous mechanics. - Cacophony of Power raid - Fixed an issue that could cause some of the filqua tonegliders to remain alive upon a failure. - Order of Three raid - Removed an unnamed exploit. - Order of Three raid - Decreased the melee damage of all three main bosses. - Order of Three raid - Decreased the mana drain on Dissonance of Depletion. - Order of Three raid and mission- The long-term debuffs (Life Enhancing Light, Coat of Oilflowers, Song for the Sea, and Coat of Roiling Water) no longer prevent out of combat regen. - Order of Three raid and mission - Reduced the radius of Bonds of Guilt and changed the spell's effect from a long snare to a short stun. - Fumerak the Quintessence raid - Fixed a number of bugs, reduced the damage output of Fumerak and its adds, and improved the messaging. - The Triune God raid - Prevented the Blinding Lights from moving in a cluster and affecting avatar pathing. - The Triune God raid - Reduced the sphere of influence sizes for Blinding Lights, Filth Clouds, and personal charm effects. Blinding Lights no longer has a knockback component, and its damage has been reduced. - The Triune God raid - In the first phase, now only 4 of 8 crystal shards need to be destroyed. You also can damage the Triunity for up to 10% of its health, instead of 5%, on each vulnerability window. - The Triune God raid - Charmed avatars will now stay focused on attacking crystal shards. - The Triune God raid - In the second phase, the HP of crystal relics has been reduced by 30%, and their vulnerability window has lengthened. - The Triune God raid - A checkpoint has been added after the second phase. - The Triune God raid - The length of time between several emotes and their consequences has been increased. - The number of players needed to start the following raids has been reduced to 6: Ancient Heroes - Lady Vox, Ancient Heroes - Lord Nagafen, Big Bynn's Return, Crazok Moonfang, Fippy's Revenge, Ralkor's Crystals, The Fanged Moon, and The Soulbleeder Must Bleed. - Reduced from 4 to 1 the number of players required to be at each alter in the "exiles" portion of the Inktu'ta, the Unmasked Chapel raid. - The number of players required for the following events has been reduced from 18 to 6: Activate the Muramite Proving Ground raid trials, and wake Erdna the Sleeping Giant in The Steppes. - 13th Anniversary quests - There is no longer the option for 1 AA point as a reward. The quests now grant a small amount of experience upon completion. - 13th Anniversary quests - Lowered the re-use time of the mining pick used in "Responsible Mining". - 13th Anniversary quests - Corrected a few issues with "Ferocious Feralings" and "Rumor Has It...". - 13th Anniversary quests - Added an achievement related to the missions. - 13th Anniversary mission - The AA reward has been increased to 5 AA points, but may now only be selected once. - 13th Anniversary raid rewards - Players who have already completed the raid should be granted a reward set via their raid achievement. The reward set allows you to select either augmentation that drops from the event. This choice is only granted once. Subsequent victories will allow you to choose between a receiving factions or experience. - Quests granting reward sets that offer faction gains will now adjust opposing factions accordingly.

*** Spells ***

- Enchanter - Increased the damage on Mana Reiteration Strike and Mana Repercussion strike. - Magician - Exigent Minions and Exigent Servants have discovered a new ability that will only work against certain raid targets.

*** NPC ***

- Fixxin is in a great mood due to the 13th anniversary and will be more likely to chat with folks that he normally does not like. - Geniveve, the Tribute Master in Crescent Reach, will now accept the tribute of any race, not just Drakkins. - Laurentiu and Marilena in Goru`Kar Mesa are more willing to accept the help of higher level adventurers undertaking the Heroe's Journey. - Secalna Galnor can now send you to the tutorial if you are level 10 or lower.

*** AA ***

- Enchanter - Mesmerization Mastery is now restricted to single-target mez spells only. Area-of-effect spells are not extended.

*** Achievements ***

- To complete the "7th Anniversary Tasks" achievement, you now only need to finish one of the three tasks. - Added a list of tasks to the Alaran Language Master achievement that shows the language points for the completion of various task groups. - Corrected an issue where players who had completed non-repeatable tasks in the past were not receiving achievement credit.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Small Grease Jar Sketches are now available.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Bloodbone Skeleton tank mercenaries will now keep the attention of their targets more reliably. - The following caster DPS mercenaries now cast slightly faster and generate less hate - Amygdalan, Aviak, Bloodbone Skeleton, Dragorn, Gingerbread Man, Girplan, Hadal, Marionette, Rallosian Ork, Sarnak, and Swinetor.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added two small signs in the Guild Lobby to signify which door will take you to a standard guild hall and which door will take you to a real estate guild hall. - You can now ask Arias to send you to a different instance of the second Tutorial zone, if the initial instance is too full and another one is available. Just tell him that you [wish] to go. - Made it so that members that do not have access to prestige items will no longer be able to insert a prestige augmentation into an item. - Modified the functionality of prestige items so that armor or weapons with prestige augments inserted do not become prestige. --- The item slot now appears purple when an item has an augment that is prestige (but the item itself is still enabled). --- When examining the item, the item name will appear purple and any augments that are disabled as a result of being prestige appear red. --- If the item itself is disabled as a result of prestige, then prestige augments are factored into the item display stats. --- If the item is not disabled, then disabled prestige augments are not factored into the item display stats.

*** UI ***

- Made it so that every UI window will have the "Help" option in its right click menu. - Fixed an oversight where the "Style_Qmarkbox" didn't actually make the window display its "?" in the title bar. Now it will. - Converted all the locations from defining the visibility of the "?" in code to the XML file instead. - Added the "DecalSize" and "Location" properties to the ListboxColumn UI type. This allows custom UI designers to specify the size and positioning of graphical elements within list boxes. This has been implemented in the EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml for an example.

- Changed -EQUI_AAWindow.xml EQUI_AdventureLeaderboardWnd.xml EQUI_AdventureRequestWnd.xml EQUI_AdventureStatsWnd.xml EQUI_AlertHistoryWnd.xml EQUI_AltStorageWnd.xml EQUI_AudioTriggersWindow.xml EQUI_BandolierWnd.xml EQUI_BankWnd.xml EQUI_BarterMerchantWnd.xml EQUI_BarterSearchWnd.xml EQUI_BarterWnd.xml EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml EQUI_BodyTintWnd.xml EQUI_ClaimWnd.xml EQUI_CombatAbilityWnd.xml EQUI_DynamicZoneWnd.xml EQUI_FellowshipWnd.xml EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml EQUI_GiveWnd.xml EQUI_GuildBankWnd.xml EQUI_GuildManagementWnd.xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml EQUI_Inventory.xml EQUI_ItemExpTransferWnd.xml EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml EQUI_LeadershipWnd.xml EQUI_LFGuildWnd.xml EQUI_LootWnd.xml EQUI_MailAddressBookWindow.xml EQUI_MailCompositionWindow.xml EQUI_MailWindow.xml EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml EQUI_NewPointMerchantWnd.xml EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml EQUI_PlayerCustomizationWnd.xml EQUI_PointMerchantWnd.xml EQUI_PotionBeltWnd.xml EQUI_PvPLeaderboardWnd.xml EQUI_PvPStatsWnd.xml EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml EQUI_RaidWindow.xml EQUI_RealEstateItemsWnd.xml EQUI_RealEstateLayoutDetailsWnd.xml EQUI_RealEstateManageWnd.xml EQUI_RealEstateNeighborhoodWnd.xml EQUI_RealEstatePlotSearchWnd.xml EQUI_RealEstatePurchaseWnd.xml EQUI_SendMoneyWnd.xml EQUI_SkillsWindow.xml EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml EQUI_StoryWnd.xml EQUI_TaskSelectWnd.xml EQUI_TaskTemplateSelectWnd.xml EQUI_TaskWnd.xml EQUI_TitleWnd.xml EQUI_TradeskillWnd.xml EQUI_TradeWnd.xml EQUI_TrainWindow.xml EQUI_TributeBenefitWnd.xml EQUI_TributeMasterWnd.xml EQUI_TributeTrophyWnd.xml EQUI_VoiceMacroWnd.xml EQUI_VoteResultsWnd.xml EQUI_VoteWnd.xml EQUI_ZoneGuideWnd.xml EQUI_ZonePathWnd.xml SIDL.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Players who fail to zone out of the first section of the tutorial will now be able to attempt to do so again. - Corrected a problem that was allowing players to request the task A Different Perspective without having completed the other 13 anniversary quests. All players will still be able to join the task once someone with the correct requirements requests it. - Corrected a problem that was causing Grobb to endlessly repop itself on some servers. - Corrected an issue that was activating the 13th Anniversary banners and booths on Progression servers when the 13th Anniversary events are not yet available. - Removed a section of the Guild Lobby that doesn't connect to anything.

- The EverQuest Team

Test server update.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Highlights for my lowbie self:

-Modified the functionality of prestige items so that armor or weapons with prestige augments inserted do not become prestige.

-Reduced the number of players required to experience several older raid events.

-Nearly all items that previously needed to be equipped in order to activate their spell effect should now be useable from your inventory if you are capable of equipping that item. These changes intentionally exclude a number of quest and bane items. <---HELL YES.

-Bloodbone Skeleton tank mercenaries will now keep the attention of their targets more reliably.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

So were those special mercenary races underperforming compared to regular ones and are now on par, or were they on par and are now superior?

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

meat gnome posted:

So were those special mercenary races underperforming compared to regular ones and are now on par, or were they on par and are now superior?

I would say probably on par now. I have the bloodbone tank and yeah, he did kinda suck at keeping agrro some times.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
Hi EverQuest friends!

If you want to skill up mundane poo poo like begging, spell skills and well... just about anything that would require sitting around pressing buttons for an hour, look no further. This is the old school EQ autofire program rangers used for their bow shooting, before Sony decided to add /autofire for ranged weapons.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453531&pagenumber=64#post402284066

Also it's allowed. All it does is automate one click, toggle on/off.

As an example, I'd make a macro in EQ with a /cast spell of each skill type, put it on autofire and go to bed. Wake up with maxed skills. It's also great for foraging:

/doability X
/autoinv

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat it, I think I'm about to resub again. Last time I was playing, /taskadds were all the rage for quick levels and AA. Is that still going on much?

Not sure if anyone plays on Quellious, but if so keep an eye out for Moro/Goldmund (monk and druid combo).

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Goldmund posted:

drat it, I think I'm about to resub again. Last time I was playing, /taskadds were all the rage for quick levels and AA. Is that still going on much?

Not sure if anyone plays on Quellious, but if so keep an eye out for Moro/Goldmund (monk and druid combo).

Like all the other good RvR things, they took a giant poo poo on it. You can still get the progression flags but you have be in the instance and close to the chest to get xp, and it's also cut in half.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Account transfer went through finally. Time to jam.

Also it was said earlier in this thread, but everyone needs to do the 6th anniversary quest for a 10 charge double xp potion. It took me about 2 hours, but most of it was trying to two box in zones with a shitload of trees or twisty tunnels that don't mesh well with /follow.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

meat gnome posted:

Like all the other good RvR things, they took a giant poo poo on it. You can still get the progression flags but you have be in the instance and close to the chest to get xp, and it's also cut in half.

SoD and Underfoot tasks still behave the old way, if you are low enough 75-85 ish and have few aa's you can still get a decent reward. Like 15 aa's or so for an 80/500 aa for something like Filling the Repository in Pellucid Grotto.

Not nearly as useful or abuse-worthy as the HoT taskadds were but still something to do with an alt or three..

Hexel fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 5, 2012

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Just wondering, can they still quad kite for decent xp? Or when was the last expansion they could?

Actually with VoA, we can quint kite with a couple new 5 target ae-on-target spells. The last time that was viable was PoP or maybe GoD (don't do it at those levels now, it sucks). There's enough non-summoning trash and open areas to be able to do it in a wide range of HoT and VoA zones. Some of the other high end druids like it for exping that's less stressful than reverse charm kiting, but I'm not a big fan of it.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
What do you guys think the chances are that monk epic 1.0 is going to be inventory clickable after that patch hits? It's still the only clicky spell haste available for monks, right? Still trying to figure out whether I should transfer my old monk over to luclin or not.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Lizardscale Plated Girdle, and (Fabled) Eyepatch of Plunder all have clickable haste. And there's always 50% haste potions for like 50pp each. Or just get MGB'd haste in the guild lobby or from the shm or shm bot that someone in your group will have.

If you're on f2p, compare the price on your monk race/class unlocks versus server moving. Your levels and gear don't really matter much at all, both can be replaced in days.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

Lizardscale Plated Girdle, and (Fabled) Eyepatch of Plunder all have clickable haste. And there's always 50% haste potions for like 50pp each. Or just get MGB'd haste in the guild lobby or from the shm or shm bot that someone in your group will have.

If you're on f2p, compare the price on your monk race/class unlocks versus server moving. Your levels and gear don't really matter much at all, both can be replaced in days.

How much is 50pp in modern terms? I've been gone from the game for over 10 years so that would have been a completely unfathomably insane amount for an expendable item back then. I'm also going to go gold next week so the unlock doesn't really matter. I'm mainly just attached to my old char for nostalgic reasons, but if there's absolutely no reason to hang on to epic 1.0 I'm probably just going to start over to save the $25.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I'll be in Kurn's Tower for however long it takes me to get this last finger with my monk (Tranzen). If any guild officer's happen to stop by for an invite (I noticed it's still a fairly popular place to level alts).

EDIT: And yes I know even the final product of these shackle quests is overrated these days but I'm sucker for long involved quests :v:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Nurge posted:

How much is 50pp in modern terms?

Costs:
At 90-95, mercs cost ~100pp every 15 minutes. Armor molds cost 10k/13k/16k per a slot for VoA armor. Type 3 augs (Class specific minor spell/disc improvement augs) cost 15k each, with 6-8 per a class. Moving an aug into a new piece of gear costs about 1200p.

Income:
Coin dropping mobs from about 80+ give out ~5-10pp per a person with /split on. Common vendor trash sells for 10-50pp while the uncommon vendor trash sells for 100-250pp. If I did a decent amount of looting, a day of exping in lower house of thule would put me up ~10k after merc expenses. Since VoA launched, I'm up about 300k in the bank after buying armor mold and type 3 augs, not counting any plat I've made from my bazaar bot.

Basically, 50p is nothing as long you interact with mob corpses and don't ignore them.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

Costs:
At 90-95, mercs cost ~100pp every 15 minutes. Armor molds cost 10k/13k/16k per a slot for VoA armor. Type 3 augs (Class specific minor spell/disc improvement augs) cost 15k each, with 6-8 per a class. Moving an aug into a new piece of gear costs about 1200p.

Income:
Coin dropping mobs from about 80+ give out ~5-10pp per a person with /split on. Common vendor trash sells for 10-50pp while the uncommon vendor trash sells for 100-250pp. If I did a decent amount of looting, a day of exping in lower house of thule would put me up ~10k after merc expenses. Since VoA launched, I'm up about 300k in the bank after buying armor mold and type 3 augs, not counting any plat I've made from my bazaar bot.

Basically, 50p is nothing as long you interact with mob corpses and don't ignore them.

Thanks a million for the information. This helps a lot to put things into perspective, since obviously things have changed a lot. I'm probably going to just start over on luclin then.

e: For reference, I remember camping for 5 days straight for a staff that sold for 15-20k pp that was probably the best non-raid monk weapon in the game at the time (and actually extremely close to the raid ones).

Nurge fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 6, 2012

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Ty very much for the "end game" income break down. Ive been debating finding and moving all my characters around to the one server just to have access to my funds. A pitty that the pally and cleric are well on useless. Oh well the leveling is so fast that a mid 60s is no real loss right.

Only thing I wonder is if the crafty pally might be worth it. Ancient and out if date for sure but I remember working and slaving to get the ammo slot brewmasters cork. Are trades worth it in current game? Im finding myself full of craft stuff I cant sell everytime I come in for spell up grades.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jetz0r posted:

Actually with VoA, we can quint kite with a couple new 5 target ae-on-target spells. The last time that was viable was PoP or maybe GoD (don't do it at those levels now, it sucks). There's enough non-summoning trash and open areas to be able to do it in a wide range of HoT and VoA zones. Some of the other high end druids like it for exping that's less stressful than reverse charm kiting, but I'm not a big fan of it.

As a necro- Beasts' Domain is my kiting spot. On the rear end end near Sarith is nothing but shrubs and them little naeya dogs and none of them summon. They are yellow con at 95 too so the xp is pretty amazing. If I'm boxing my bard I can get 3-4 going at once. Otherwise I just do 1-2.

Resplendent Temple animals in the courtyard don't summon, except the stupid little bunnies. City of Bronze animals outside the wall are all kitable. Windsong- the second "ring" with the animals n' poo poo are all kitable. Root rotting works in all these places too for the lazy like me :p

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Hexel posted:

As a necro- Beasts' Domain is my kiting spot. On the rear end end near Sarith is nothing but shrubs and them little naeya dogs and none of them summon. They are yellow con at 95 too so the xp is pretty amazing. If I'm boxing my bard I can get 3-4 going at once. Otherwise I just do 1-2.

Resplendent Temple animals in the courtyard don't summon, except the stupid little bunnies. City of Bronze animals outside the wall are all kitable. Windsong- the second "ring" with the animals n' poo poo are all kitable. Root rotting works in all these places too for the lazy like me :p

There's a thread on necrotalk where a guy posted a youtube video of him burning an xp potion and kiting 4-5 mobs at a time in BD. It's very basic, just putting 7 dots on a mob and then getting the next. Feel free to ignore the rest of that thread and most of the other posters though - it's a lot of retards making unsubstantiated claims and saying generally stupid poo poo.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Double SC sale bitches! Time to stock up and buy expansions for your boxes.

I can't find an article with it, but here's a screenshot from https://www.everquest.com

Edit: It also appears they have those giant (24, 28 and 32 slots) bags back on sale for 10 days.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 6, 2012

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
There are 32 SLOT bags??? And here I was being so happy I still had my Bag of Sewn Evil Eye.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pilsner posted:

Double SC sale bitches! Time to stock up and buy expansions for your boxes.

Sweet! Didn't think they'd do one again so soon. Time to go buy some more Wal-mart station cards (2000 points for $15.00, which is 4000 points during double SC - that's right, $15.00 for $40.00).

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

jesus christ I just bought voa for my necro YESTERDAY. Oh well i'll stock up on some more xp potions.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 1, 2012

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

meat gnome posted:

There's a thread on necrotalk where a guy posted a youtube video of him burning an xp potion and kiting 4-5 mobs at a time in BD. It's very basic, just putting 7 dots on a mob and then getting the next. Feel free to ignore the rest of that thread and most of the other posters though - it's a lot of retards making unsubstantiated claims and saying generally stupid poo poo.

Yeah I saw that thread. It's a lot of cock-waving and "omg my dps" and not understanding that once I load up my dots on one mob and move to the next I'm in a lot better shape than if I continually monitor my first mob to make sure it dies as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

xZAOx posted:

Sweet! Didn't think they'd do one again so soon. Time to go buy some more Wal-mart station cards (2000 points for $15.00, which is 4000 points during double SC - that's right, $15.00 for $40.00).

Can you buy expansions with station cash? I can't check any game related sites at work, but if so I might have to go stock up on cards.