Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Arnold of Soissons posted:

How many minifigs are in a box full? Looks like a ton.

60/crate

Just felt up 116 and put ID stickers on each....

That took longer than it should have, even with help :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

einTier posted:

There he is!

You rang?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Canis Dufus posted:

After rediscovering my love for early nineties shoot 'em ups, I built these microscale starfighters in LDD the other day:

Then I thought, what would they look like as game sprites?

Now I'm seriously considering building an entire shmup diorama with swarms of enemies and an end-of-level boss.

Oh yes please, those are quite nice!
I like the way you mix up technic/bionicle/EVERYTHING.
They are very F-Zero X, even though that is more of a racer. the ships just scream F-Zero at me.
Could we get an LDD file for them by any chance? i want to look at the internals of those and see how you did them, can't quite wrap my head around them.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

I'm really, really tempted but I think my kid is a few years off playing stuff like this and they'd just be gathering dust until then.

I got my first Lego set when I was 1. It's never too early so start em off young.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sean OFarrell posted:

I got my first Lego set when I was 1. It's never too early so start em off young.

He's got plenty of Lego. It's more the game itself. Some of the more simple games are 5+, this is 8+ and a lot more complex (he's 4).

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

einTier posted:

There he is!

Yes, that's it. Thanks!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Hamburlgar posted:

I'm buying a case or two of S7 (UK) and am selling them at rsp (£1.99/$2.99usd). If you're interested in any, I'm happy to ship them to Aus.

Oh cool, I'd love to get any combination of bagpiper, aztec, viking and space marine if possible. All 4 would be amazing but I'll take what I can get :)

e: and obviously I also meant to thank you for the very generous offer :doh:

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 4, 2012

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Most of the Marvel sets arrived today. The vehicles are all fairly standard with nothing special really going on with the exception of a lot of these useful little pieces:

MichaelFlatley fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 4, 2012

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Scored the Catwoman motorcycle chase last night on sale at Fred Meyer. Didn't realize part of Batmans jetpack are the Wolverine claws. So now I have Dark Claw chasing Catwoman. Amalgam universe sets please Lego!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

:3:

Looking forward to this.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I certainly hope it's better, as the first Lego Batman game was easily one of the worst Lego games (although Indiana Jones was pretty drat bad too).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Lego games are both awesomely cute and terrible. The fixed camera means you're often making jumps where you can't see the exact angle you need to take, leading you to do it over and over and over. :(

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, that can be a bit frustrating for sure. Still, I enjoyed the original series Star Wars ones, and the recent Harry Potter ones were pretty good. I didn't play the PoTC one, but it seemed decent in the QL that Giant Bomb did.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, those thirty eight additional Mobile Frame Zero kits went fast on Kickstarter.

At least now I won't be tempted to buy one.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Joramun posted:

:3:

Looking forward to this.

Lucky Australian bastards get a special Lex Luthor minfig (wearing green Space Marine armor) when they pre-order.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Here's those sticker sheets I scanned. I have more but they're not very interesting (mostly spaceship and Atlantis greebly type designs).

From the big Space Police III ship:
http://i.imgur.com/TvDrE.jpg

From Pharaoh's Quest, space, Toy Story, holiday and Agents sets:
http://i.imgur.com/KKdFY.jpg

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, speaking of stickers, not only are they a pain the rear end to put on, now I'm finding they don't even stick well. It's only been a month or so on some sets, but the stickers that are on curved surfaces are starting to detach from the underlying pieces.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

MichaelFlatley posted:

Most of the Marvel sets arrived today. The vehicles are all fairly standard with nothing special really going on with the exception of a lot of these useful little pieces:

:raise:

That seems like a potentially useful type of brick.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

A plastic human being... and a real hero.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

A plastic human being... and a real hero.

Wicked. Let's see the back
e: and give him brown hands.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Wicked. Let's see the back
e: and give him brown hands.

Do both of these things. Looks great

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Lizard Combatant posted:

Is there anything more disappointing than the s6 skater? My friends and family often give me a mini fig bag and it's always her. I have 4 now.

I think I have 5. Ugh.

At least Series 7 has pretty much all awesome people so I wouldn't mind getting 5 of them.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So I guess Lego's opening up 10 new stores in North America this year:
Nashville, TN
Victor, NY
Vancouver, BC; Canada
Wauwatosa, WI
The Woodlands, TX
Peabody, MA
Overland Park, KS
Elizabeth, NJ
Lynnwood, WA
Alpharetta, GA

I really don't understand the Lynnwood store. It's 20 minutes away from the Bellevue store.

They're also introducing set 3300003 LEGO Retail Store for these openings.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, because we definitely need another Lego Store in the Greater Boston Area.

Might as well stick this here, too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pyroclastic posted:

Nashville, TN
Victor, NY
Vancouver, BC; Canada
Wauwatosa, WI
The Woodlands, TX
Peabody, MA
Overland Park, KS
Elizabeth, NJ
Lynnwood, WA
Alpharetta, GA

I really don't understand the Lynnwood store. It's 20 minutes away from the Bellevue store.

Nice set, now they just need to make the locations more varied. Louisiana could use one for sure.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I hope they open some more in the UK. Manchester doesn't have any. he one at the Discover Center isn't an official "Lego Store" and although you can get exclusives there it doesn't have the other promotions. The nearest one to me is Liverpool.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Gravy Jones posted:

I hope they open some more in the UK. Manchester doesn't have any. he one at the Discover Center isn't an official "Lego Store" and although you can get exclusives there it doesn't have the other promotions. The nearest one to me is Liverpool.

You're not wrong, the town centre would definitely benefit from one. Though not having a proper Lego store within 20 miles is probably saving me money, so it's swings and roundabouts.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Pyroclastic posted:

Nashville, TN
Victor, NY
Vancouver, BC; Canada
Wauwatosa, WI
The Woodlands, TX
Peabody, MA
Overland Park, KS
Elizabeth, NJ
Lynnwood, WA
Alpharetta, GA

Dammit, why can't they open up a store in Salt Lake City? We have an Apple store, we're a big city too! :arghfist::(

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

InfinEight posted:

Dammit, why can't they open up a store in Salt Lake City? We have an Apple store, we're a big city too! :arghfist::(

Tell me about it. I'm 4 hours from lego store. I get to one like twice a year. It sucks.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I certainly hope it's better, as the first Lego Batman game was easily one of the worst Lego games (although Indiana Jones was pretty drat bad too).

Harry Potter 5-7 is so bad I'm honestly hesitant about a new Batman.

Collision detection is loving awful. We've had to restart a level multiple times because a character with skills we need is stuck in a wall or under stairs or some bullshit.

Worse, it freezes consistently with two players UNLESS 1) you stick right next to each other, 2) turn the audio to mono, and 3) put out fires slowly. This is actually the official fix from the publisher.

It's so bad you still see rumors of recalls floating around on message boards.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Do both of these things. Looks great

I think I can swing that.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I hope they open one in the southern hemisphere.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
^^ Southern hemisphere fo lyfe.

jassi007 posted:

Tell me about it. I'm 4 hours from lego store. I get to one like twice a year. It sucks.

There's literally no LEGO store in the southern hemisphere, let alone the continent I live on.

Canis Dufus
Sep 11, 2001

AzMiLion posted:

Oh yes please, those are quite nice!
I like the way you mix up technic/bionicle/EVERYTHING.
They are very F-Zero X, even though that is more of a racer. the ships just scream F-Zero at me.
Could we get an LDD file for them by any chance? i want to look at the internals of those and see how you did them, can't quite wrap my head around them.

Sorry for the delay, it took a while for moderation to approve the files. You can find the MOCs along with the LDD files here on MOCPages.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Ignimbrite posted:

^^ Southern hemisphere fo lyfe.

There's literally no LEGO store in the southern hemisphere, let alone the continent I live on.

So your saying I have a 1st world problem?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

fosborb posted:

Harry Potter 5-7 is so bad I'm honestly hesitant about a new Batman.

Collision detection is loving awful. We've had to restart a level multiple times because a character with skills we need is stuck in a wall or under stairs or some bullshit.

Worse, it freezes consistently with two players UNLESS 1) you stick right next to each other, 2) turn the audio to mono, and 3) put out fires slowly. This is actually the official fix from the publisher.

It's so bad you still see rumors of recalls floating around on message boards.

drat, really? I played Potter Years 1-4, and that was great. I wonder why things went south with the sequel.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
To be fair the freezing thing is a Wii problem. I think they designed for the XBox/PS3 hacked at it until it sort of ran on the Wii.

And/Or they never playtested with 2 players in a game known for it's cooperative play.

It's disappointing because there's some actually new elements in it. Dueling is a nice change of pace, for instance!

When it doesn't freeze.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Hah, they had Series 7 at my local Tesco and it looked like they'd all been well and truly felt up. They were all over the place and the packs all squashed and wrinkled.

I grabbed two random ones and got the Aztec guy and the Hippy (who I wanted). I actually only want 4 or 5 from this one so I'm probably better of buying them individually at a mark-up from resellers.

I did want the bunny suit guy to give my kid on easter though :(

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Canis Dufus posted:

Sorry for the delay, it took a while for moderation to approve the files. You can find the MOCs along with the LDD files here on MOCPages.

Those are awesome. Mind if i make some in the same style?
hell i could even build enemy ships for yours to pew pew at!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Picked up lego champion for 10 euros today for the bricks, thinking of getting another box. Also while searching for series7 I found a roman and a store with a bit of S5 left, so I picked up two gladiators and the last missing S5 figure. The store didn't have any dwarfs or royal guards left tho.

I want to figure out a good way of displaying the figures, I was thinking of stealing the bleacher idea from the S7 preview but due to space concerns, but going to try to squeeze them together a bit more due to space concerns.