Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Heintron posted:

If we are posting bad rear end cosplayers this guy should be mentioned as well:

:black101:

only bad rear end if his storm bolter is really 2 saiga 12s spitting brass hull rounds :colbert: still a bad rear end terminator get up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

me your dad posted:

Something tells me this wouldn't cost a million bucks:

0. Buy House
1. Hammer
2. Saw
3. Old dresser
4. Spare room
5. Paint

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

JEEVES420 posted:

only bad rear end if his storm bolter is really 2 saiga 12s spitting brass hull rounds :colbert: still a bad rear end terminator get up

Someone needs to do this :haw:

More bad rear end:

Metal + Africa = :black101:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Heintron posted:

Someone needs to do this :haw:

More bad rear end:

Metal + Africa = :black101:

Grim. Heatstroked.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Took me a moment to really appreciate just what was being done here and when I did my heart lurched. Jesus gently caress, that is ballsy.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Stoatbringer posted:

All I can picture is the Chinook pilot swinging the jet around making sounds like a kid.

"Nnyeeeeoooowwwwmmmm. Ratatatat! Take that ya MiG!

HopWallace
Sep 8, 2004

free balloon day

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wonder if he jumped with it in his hands, or waited until after pulling the cord to unstrap himself. Either way, drat. Also, the bare feet is a nice touch.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm no expert but I imagine the force from the parachute catching wind would knock anyone's grip off, so he probably crawled out. This doesn't effect the bad assery of that man/image.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phy posted:

Y'know what, that's loving badass right there. Even if it is blesbok and not Grant's Gazelles. All I can think of going through that poor tiny little antelope brain is "OH gently caress WHEN DID THE LIONS INVENT CAMOUFLAGE"

A long time ago:

I basically grew up watching Discovery channel back in the days when it was all science and nature stuff. You always see lions from the lions' perspective. The camera tracks them as they stalk, so you never really get a feel for what it's like to be on the receiving end. It's easy to forget that lions are pretty much every bit as scary as tigers, if not more due to that whole hunting in groups thing.

Saw a show just a couple years ago where some guys were going into a nature reserve or something to get footage of lions (can't remember exact details). The head dude was telling the cameraguy what a colossal bitch the highest ranking lioness in the pride was. The male didn't give a poo poo, but she'd randomly get pissed off and complain to boyfriend, and he'd grumble and get up to "deal with the problem." Right as he was saying this, one of the lionesses started making noise. The camera panned to her, and then back to the male...or rather, where he'd been a second ago. Everybody turns around and hauls rear end back to the jeep. They jump in, and turn around and look to see if they were followed. Golden eyes peer out of the grass maybe 12 feet away.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

I think this might have been posted pages and pages back but it's appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbEqnLjHyf8

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Dusseldorf posted:

I think this might have been posted pages and pages back but it's appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbEqnLjHyf8

My rear end in a top hat has never been so tight for so long

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

I'm in no way scared of heights. . . but holy poo poo I got a chill down my spine. I think his balance must have something to do with his brass balls.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Stoatbringer posted:

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

A long time ago:

I basically grew up watching Discovery channel back in the days when it was all science and nature stuff. You always see lions from the lions' perspective. The camera tracks them as they stalk, so you never really get a feel for what it's like to be on the receiving end. It's easy to forget that lions are pretty much every bit as scary as tigers, if not more due to that whole hunting in groups thing.

I was at the Wuppertal Zoo last year and their tiger exhibit is very open, with reinforced glass/fiberglass instead of bars and I walking around the outside, looking for one of the tiger cubs. I turned the corner and there was, not five feet from me, a full-grown tiger. We kind of scared each other, I think, and she jumped up and did that little shimmy thing that when my cat does it, it's cute but when a full grown tiger does it, it's holy poo poo terrifying. And I will never forget the purely visceral reaction I had that said, RUN, and then almost immediately, No, DON'T RUN, she will chase you. I stayed frozen and she eventually got bored and left but for one moment I was totally terrified she was going to jump out and eat me. Big cats are terrifying.

I found the tiger cubs eventually. :3:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

rocket_350 posted:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

HopWallace posted:

I wonder if he jumped with it in his hands, or waited until after pulling the cord to unstrap himself. Either way, drat. Also, the bare feet is a nice touch.

If it's not that guy it's some other lunatic, but there's a video of him jumping out without a chute and grabbing it later in freefall. Like that Keanu film from years ago.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

utada posted:

I was at the Wuppertal Zoo last year and their tiger exhibit is very open, with reinforced glass/fiberglass instead of bars and I walking around the outside, looking for one of the tiger cubs. I turned the corner and there was, not five feet from me, a full-grown tiger. We kind of scared each other, I think, and she jumped up and did that little shimmy thing that when my cat does it, it's cute but when a full grown tiger does it, it's holy poo poo terrifying. And I will never forget the purely visceral reaction I had that said, RUN, and then almost immediately, No, DON'T RUN, she will chase you. I stayed frozen and she eventually got bored and left but for one moment I was totally terrified she was going to jump out and eat me. Big cats are terrifying.

I found the tiger cubs eventually. :3:

I expect you'll enjoy this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT7_CtjEVFU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Heintron posted:

More bad rear end:

Mad Max? Is that you?

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gromit posted:

If it's not that guy it's some other lunatic, but there's a video of him jumping out without a chute and grabbing it later in freefall. Like that Keanu film from years ago.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDBrdl2sZWs
Audio warning: At the end the guy holding the camera yells "Whoaaahhh!!"

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I expect you'll enjoy this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT7_CtjEVFU

Awww she just wants to play with the hairless cub.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I hate to just post a link to a story, but I honestly cannot figure out how to imgur this image (I cannot even "copy link location"). Anywho, this badass mother fucker survived an "ice fall" and walked away perfectly fine. As in, the ice from a frozen waterfall broke off and mushed her car exactly right. It's not an avalanche because, well, it's just an 80 ton icicle. This is quite literally a million-to-one-shot.

here it is

I have no idea how the very advanced technology of rural Alaska has flummoxed me. If you tell me how to post the actual picture then I'll do it.

This is amazing. The exactly perfect portion of the front of the car was smushed so that it avoided her knees, and the exactly perfect portion of the back of the car was smushed so that it avoided her rear end. I mean, look at that loving picture. The exact area of the doorway is the exact area that wasn't crushed by the deadly hell-ice of a thawing/plummeting waterfall.

That's one lucky mother fucker.

I will note that ADN says she was "trapped" but makes no indication that she was injured. I use this as an assumption that - at most - she was bruised.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BigHead posted:

I hate to just post a link to a story, but I honestly cannot figure out how to imgur this image (I cannot even "copy link location").

I have no idea how the very advanced technology of rural Alaska has flummoxed me. If you tell me how to post the actual picture then I'll do it.
The old tech way is to use the >print screen< key, then paste into paint, select then copy the image into a new paint project, then save as jpg.
There's probably also some Firefox/Chrome extension that does the same?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

BigHead posted:

This is amazing. The exactly perfect portion of the front of the car was smushed so that it avoided her knees, and the exactly perfect portion of the back of the car was smushed so that it avoided her rear end. I mean, look at that loving picture. The exact area of the doorway is the exact area that wasn't crushed by the deadly hell-ice of a thawing/plummeting waterfall.

That's one lucky mother fucker.

I will note that ADN says she was "trapped" but makes no indication that she was injured. I use this as an assumption that - at most - she was bruised.

Minor thing but that is a mid-to-late 1990's era Chevy S-10 pickup. The "door" that you see in the picture is the rear of the cab (The extended cab portion). They look like this:

I imagine that they used a rescue saw or hydraulic pincers to cut the roof and the door away to extract her, which is why the actual door is not easily seen. Still amazing that she survived that, non the less.

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

Pesticide20 posted:

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Pesticide20 posted:

If you look really really carefully there might be some indication that that image is photoshopped. Hint: they wrote it on the image.

reddeathdrinker posted:

:cmon:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

JEEVES420 posted:

My rear end in a top hat has never been so tight for so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUz8XNHbiY

"bonding on" to a 230,000 volt line from a helicopter. Just loving terrifying.

Moongrave has a new favorite as of 08:24 on Apr 9, 2012

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

rocket_350 posted:

It's pretty amazing to think that it went from THAT...

To this.

And the guy for who it's named, Andrew Mynarski, was pretty bad-rear end as well. Was in a Lancaster over Germany that got set on fire, rear-turret gunner was stuck and couldn't escape. Mynarski kept working to free him, WHILE ON FIRE, until he couldn't any longer. Jumped out of the plane, on fire, with his parachute on fire, and lived for a few more days until dying of burns. The rear-turret gunner lived because when the plane hit the ground, it tossed him clean out of the turret.

Mynarski got the Victoria Cross for his actions.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nothing sounds quite as awesome as a Lancaster.
:britain:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sorry to break up your plane/helicopter party, but this is a totally badass picture of Iggy Pop:

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
The General Lee from the TV show The Dukes of Hazzard is one of the most instantly recognisable cars ever and was best known for making :rock:awesome jumps:rock: all the time. In reality the studio used somewhere between 256 and 321 individual cars throughout the series and just busted the living gently caress out of all of them. Only about 17 still exist today, including the very first one (LEE1) which was rediscovered in a scrap yard in 2006 and then restored and sold earlier this year for $110,000.

The show is probably considered by most people to be a dumb 80s series about good ol' Southern rednecks doing good ol' Southern Redneck stuff but some of the stunts in the show were actually pretty impressive. Here's a compilation video of every single jump the General Lee(s) made in the first 6 seasons of the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4W7E5BlLGM

Welcome to Hazzard County. :clint:

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Now you're a man.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The General Lee from the TV show The Dukes of Hazzard is one of the most instantly recognisable cars ever and was best known for making :rock:awesome jumps:rock: all the time. In reality the studio used somewhere between 256 and 321 individual cars throughout the series and just busted the living gently caress out of all of them. Only about 17 still exist today, including the very first one (LEE1) which was rediscovered in a scrap yard in 2006 and then restored and sold earlier this year for $110,000.

The show is probably considered by most people to be a dumb 80s series about good ol' Southern rednecks doing good ol' Southern Redneck stuff but some of the stunts in the show were actually pretty impressive. Here's a compilation video of every single jump the General Lee(s) made in the first 6 seasons of the show:

I got my picture taken with one of them :allears:

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Fun fact: one of them is owned by Bubba Watson, the guy who just won the 2012 Masters

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The look on his face makes you feel like you accidentally opened the door to the wrong hotel room at 2:30 AM.

• Locked thread