Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Have to say, now that I'm comfortable with the system, I'm finding Me3 pretty easy for the most part, even on insanity. Whoever said it's way easier than Me2 Insanity is correct. Me3's has been quite a bit easier for me, even with my sentinel no longer having assault armor.

That said, I'm sure there's still some tough fights waiting for me. I'm working on side quests right now but I still have I think a lot of major quests left to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

WE CAN USE THIS :byodood:

Grey Fox V2 posted:

If he's talking about the dialogue where they chat about leaving Cerberus or EDI's new robo-body then it happens periodically between missions.

There's a whole lot of dialogue between Ken & Gabby, but, due to a bug, a whole lot of it only shows up if Ashley is the Virmire survivor.

On my first playthrough (Kaidan alive), Ken & Gabby barely said anything. On my second playthrough (Ashley alive), they were chatting their heads of throughout the game.

BattleSausage posted:

Nice. The DRM will in fact kick you out of single player if the authentication servers go down. I just got dropped to the main menu during the cut-scene following Tuchanka.

Now that's how you really connect with your audience.

Xbox, PS3 or PC? (Or does it happen on all platforms?)

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

dwazegek posted:

There's a whole lot of dialogue between Ken & Gabby, but, due to a bug, a whole lot of it only shows up if Ashley is the Virmire survivor.

On my first playthrough (Kaidan alive), Ken & Gabby barely said anything. On my second playthrough (Ashley alive), they were chatting their heads of throughout the game.

Certainly not on 360, at least for me. A couple of days ago I lost connection to EA servers while doing some MP, and was able to jump into SP just fine.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

magimix posted:

Certainly not on 360, at least for me. A couple of days ago I lost connection to EA servers while doing some MP, and was able to jump into SP just fine.

Not playing on your fine UK holiday?

Never been kicked from SP but had a few times no EA connection on the 360

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

funakupo posted:

Not playing on your fine UK holiday?

Never been kicked from SP but had a few times no EA connection on the 360

Thats because I was up so late last night (or early this morning, depending on how you want to express it) finishing run 2 and starting run 3! Still waking up. Rest assured, I will be squandering the whole 4-day weekend on the new Soldier run. Which I'm going to restart as it happens, because while sleeping I realised that the eye and eyebrow tones didn't import properly.

I can only think of one instance where a loss of net connection stopped me from playing a game, and that was when I was playing Dragon Age: Origins. And why? Because of a lovely Amazon pre-order bonus item. After that, I never bothered redeeming vendor pre-order bonus codes again.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

magimix posted:

Which I'm going to restart as it happens, because while sleeping I realised that the eye and eyebrow tones didn't import properly.

How do you realize this while sleeping? :psyduck:

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
I bet you he had some starchild nightmare starring his lopsided eyebrowed monstrosity--that stuff can make anyone wake in a cold sweat.

4 day weekend here as well, and with UK offline, things are pretty quiet-I'll prob play in a few hours.

Either of you see my question last night about callbacks--am I missing a few possible further EMS from those?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

dwazegek posted:

You know how it goes; the resting mind quietly chewing over the affairs of the day on your behalf - upon occasion waking you up to present findings. Sure, normally this happens for some annoying or otherwise unresolved element of a project I may be working on, but it happens for other stuff too :haw:

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

funakupo posted:

Either of you see my question last night about callbacks--am I missing a few possible further EMS from those?

Not to my knowledge. But then again, I only found out yesterday that Aethyta is on the citadel, so who knows what other stuff I've missed.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

funakupo posted:

I bet you he had some starchild nightmare starring his lopsided eyebrowed monstrosity--that stuff can make anyone wake in a cold sweat.

4 day weekend here as well, and with UK offline, things are pretty quiet-I'll prob play in a few hours.

You mean these two...?

* Parassini (assuming you had her alive from 1)
* N7 lost opertive, depending on your choice--I mean EDI did say it would take a while to hash

I certainly don't recall any call-back to those. I daresay that Parassini might perhaps have been given a callback if they hadn't ditched the whole 'dark energy' thing that was seeded in ME2.

dwazegek posted:

Not to my knowledge. But then again, I only found out yesterday that Aethyta is on the citadel, so who knows what other stuff I've missed.

Aaah, that whole exchange is so awesome.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

magimix posted:

Aaah, that whole exchange is so awesome.

Eh, I didn't really like the whole Shepard/Aethyta or the resulting Shepard/Liara bit. The Liara/Aethyta bits were pretty good, if a bit clichéd. I'm not sure if it comes up again later in the game, as I just reloaded a save to find her.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

dwazegek posted:

Eh, I didn't really like the whole Shepard/Aethyta or the resulting Shepard/Liara bit. The Liara/Aethyta bits were pretty good, if a bit clichéd. I'm not sure if it comes up again later in the game, as I just reloaded a save to find her.

I specifically had the Aethyta/Liara bits in mind, to be sure. Aethyta goes away after one of the Priority missions, and that is basically that. Still, I'm glad that something was there, at the least. Was it all fanservice? Yep. Do I care? Nope :3:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

dwazegek posted:

I think I played a part of one N7 mission while asleep. I played it once while I'm really sleepy and shut down the game after a few times falling asleep. When I played the game again later as another character, I found out there was a whole section before the part where I fell asleep that I could not remember playing the last time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

WarLocke posted:

This is just so wrong.

Why would you ever have bad cooldowns in the first place? There's basically zero reason to carry more than two guns. And I spam AR and Conc Shot like a fool. Conc knocks guys out of cover AND applies ammo debuffs, and recharges in about 2 seconds. AR makes it easier to aim/get headshots AND is a damage buff AND instantly refills your clip AND restores 50% shields. Why would you not want to be using them as often as possible?

Because even on insanity the game is incredibly easy. Adrenaline rush is a good skill, but I'm finding that I rarely ever need to use it. I might pop it to take down a brute or banshee a little quicker, but it's a mild convenience rather than a necessity.

Carrying 3/4 big guns is no detriment at all to a soldier. And while it might not be a great advantage either (there's far too much overlap in utility between types), avoiding the heaviest guns for the sake of cooldowns certainly is.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

magimix posted:

I specifically had the Aethyta/Liara bits in mind, to be sure. Aethyta goes away after one of the Priority missions, and that is basically that. Still, I'm glad that something was there, at the least. Was it all fanservice? Yep. Do I care? Nope :3:

I'm a little disappointed she never shows up again, but if I had to get just one scene out of it, I think it was really well done and amusing. This is literally the first time I've heard someone say they didn't like it.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

Parasini doesn't show up in ME3 to my knowledge. Conrad does, but I missed him in my playthrough. Not sure where he shows up.

Parasini doesn't, no. Which was dissapointing, she was a little generic but I liked her character.

Conrad shows up in the Docks Holding Bay...I believe right after you finish Tuchanka.

Further Conrad spoilers: It's quite amusing because he makes a reference to the bug in ME2 where no matter how you dealt with him in ME1, he acts as though you chose the renegade "pull a gun on him" choice. Says something along the lines of, "Sorry I accused you of pulling a gun on me when you didn't". There's a mini scene as well where he takes a bullet for you. Unless you saved Jenna in ME1, in which case it's just the heatclip in the gun backfiring.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

Aristobulus posted:

I'm a little disappointed she never shows up again, but if I had to get just one scene out of it, I think it was really well done and amusing. This is literally the first time I've heard someone say they didn't like it.

I didn't mean to imply I didn't like it. The Shep/Aethyta exchange just felt off to me, although I can't remember any specific reasons why. I'd have to watch it again to find out.

I did like the Aethyta/Liara stuff though :shobon:

SiliconX posted:

Further Conrad spoilers: It's quite amusing because he makes a reference to the bug in ME2 where no matter how you dealt with him in ME1, he acts as though you chose the renegade "pull a gun on him" choice. Says something along the lines of, "Sorry I accused you of pulling a gun on me when you didn't". There's a mini scene as well where he takes a bullet for you. Unless you saved Jenna in ME1, in which case it's just the heatclip in the gun backfiring.

Conrad still makes that joke, even if he never falsely accused you because you used the ME2 editor to fix the import bug. So it looks like he's still confused :v:

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

dwazegek posted:

PC. I think it does a DRM check right at the end of the long-rear end cutscene because when Tuchanka faded out but before it put me back into the Normandy I got a message that it had lost connection to the servers and that I needed to be online to access downloaded content. Then it dropped me to the main menu and I had to go through the big endless brute and thresher maw hammers fight and 10 minutes of dialogue again. :(

Although in retrospect it was cool, because as a Vanguard I went pinballing between the brutes then killed four at once with a well-placed nova. :madmax:

BattleSausage fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 6, 2012

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

Finished the game finally. It was good, I was satisfied. I feel like any ending where "things go back to normal" would really have been underwhelming after the scope of the adventure. I mean at the end when you're in London talking to all your squadmates (couldn't find Kaiden tho??) I was like "poo poo even I'm not sure we can win this".

I don't really understand people who want some kind of epilogue. What do you guys think isn't clear as far as what happened? Is the perceived ambiguity on the wide scale, or on the level of the individual characters? Or was it with the nature of the cycle?
The aspects of the ending that people most want clarification on are:
- What the hell is the Normandy doing at the end? Travelling at FTL? Jumping through a mass relay (which is supposed to be near-instantaneous)? Why?
- All of your companions - including the team you brought to the Conduit - can emerge from the wrecked Normandy. How is that possible?
- The only other time we've seen a mass relay explode, it did so with the system-destroying force of a supernova. The Crucible's firing destroys the entire mass relay network, and we see the Sol Relay exploding briefly. It's very possible that Shepard just obliterated billions - perhaps trillions - of lives.
- In the Good Destroy ending, Shepard is lying amongst rubble, but doesn't appear to be at the "final decision" area. Where is he/she?
- The conversation with the Catalyst/Starchild is incredibly one-sided. Shepard seems to accept everything he says at face value. The most glaring example is when he states that organics and synthetics will always destory each other, Shepard doesn't even bother to retort with the peace between the Quarians and the Geth (if applicable).
- At least two arms of the Citadel break off if you choose the Synthesis or Destroy endings. Based on the Codex entries of the Citadel, even one of those arms falling to Earth would cause a mass extinction scenario.

Most of those could be addressed with an expanded ending without changing the overall "shape" of the ending, so I expect Bioware to address at least some of those points.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I really wish they never made Allers and instead you could have chosen between Al Jilani or Emily Wong to take on the Normandy. :effort:

Also does anything of consequence change if you have Michel join up instead of Chakwas? She and the engineers have had dick-all to say so far (I know the engineers is because Ashley is dead, what a dumb 'bug').

Tibeerius posted:

Most of those could be addressed with an expanded ending without changing the overall "shape" of the ending, so I expect Bioware to address at least some of those points.

All of those and get rid of the starbabby and his 3 "gently caress you pick one" choices since there's literally nothing in the game(s) before this point to imply he should exist and that whole sequence breaks every theme the series has built up before it. Basically the real problem with the ending is that it's not related thematically to the rest of the game - it's like they put a different game's ending in there.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 6, 2012

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That fight is the best.
I plowed through all those brutes and by the time Javik and Liara caught up to the first hammer I was already zooming towards the second.

:black101:CHARGE NOVA CHARGE NOVA CHARGE NOVA CHARGE NOVA CHARGE NOVA CHARGE NOVA
Sup Javik, still think I can't take the reapers? :shepface:

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

Emily Wong is dead apparently :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

dwazegek posted:

The gently caress? :negative:

Also yeah that fight was awesome.

Wrex: What's taking so long Shepard?
Shepard: I've got a Reaper in my way, Wrex!
Wrex: Yeah, you're having all the fun.

:black101:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

dwazegek posted:

Aw, no!

quote:

In 2186, Emily Wong reported for FCC News and the Alliance News Network from Earth on the Sol system's mysterious comm buoy outage. She was able to establish off-world communications via a Quantum Entanglement Communicator. While reporting, she witnessed a Reaper descend through Earth's atmosphere into airspace over Los Angeles.
She eventually arrives at El Monte Airport, where she meets some members of the National Guard who are attempting to hold off the Reapers with anti-aircraft guns. The National Guard and their air support lead a counter-attack which is ultimately ineffective.

Wong ponders that the signal she is broadcasting led the Reaper forces to that location. In an attempt to escape in a sky van, Wong is attacked and injured as the Alliance forces and airport are destroyed. Without any weapons left and having lost a lot of blood, she pilots her sky van into the approaching Reaper and her signal is lost.

"Fighter drones closing. Gunships are down. Mom, dad, love you"

"Go on. Make your noise. Try to scare us."

"You want to see how a human dies? At ramming speed"

-Emily Wong's last transmission

As of now she is considered MIA.
Why do I keep looking up more and more spoilers? :saddowns:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

She went out as a vanguard, charging towards glory. :smug:

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

WarLocke posted:

The gently caress? :negative:

She died on twitter.

Truly the worst way to go.

WarLocke posted:

All of those and get rid of the starbabby and his 3 "gently caress you pick one" choices since there's literally nothing in the game(s) before this point to imply he should exist and that whole sequence breaks every theme the series has built up before it. Basically the real problem with the ending is that it's not related thematically to the rest of the game - it's like they put a different game's ending in there.

They've already stated that's not going to happen. The endings are not going to change, nor are they going to add new endings.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

dwazegek posted:

They've already stated that's not going to happen. The endings are not going to change, nor are they going to add new endings.

Yeah I know, they're dead set on polishing the turd instead of flushing the toilet.

Oh well, the game up to then is pretty good at least.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zedd posted:

She went out as a vanguard, charging towards glory. :smug:

She went out as a dork livetweeting her experience of smashing a space volkswagen beetle into a reaper's leg.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
If you missed the entire Conrad conversation, I made a vid of it here.

Basically AFTER you get the quest for the contaminated medigel from the doctor in the holding area ward, THEN Conrad shows up on the map. They really should have put a medigel right next to him that you had to go get because a LOT of people miss him.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
Ending spoilers:

WarLocke posted:

I was posting about things that people want clarified. What you're advocating is a complete rewrite of the ending, which Bioware is extremely unlikely to do. I'm just trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Tibeerius fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 6, 2012

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Tibeerius posted:

Ending spoilers:

I was posting about things that people want clarified. What you're advocating is a complete rewrite of the ending, which Bioware is extremely unlikely to do. I'm just trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Clarify a lovely ending and you still have a lovely ending, it's just been 'clarified'.

Not that it needs clarification, people understand it just fine, they just want an actual good ending.

So yeah, I want a total rewrite. I don't expect them to so one because that would require acknowledgement that they hosed up. But simply 'clarifying' what's already there fixes exactly nothing.

Anyway, enough of that. I just realized that the N7 Valkyrie isn't all that much better than the M-15 Vindicator stat wise and I can load up a Vindicator and Tempest with only 50 point weight bonus (and no ultralight materials) and still have +190% recharge. :clint:

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

mania posted:

Did you do anything in particular to trigger the dialogue? After which mission does it trigger?

Let me play another mission to confirm it (tonight, I think) before I say much else. After the excitement wore off, I realized that the good value might just be overwritten the next time I do something that should trigger dialogue.

e: Still inconclusive; I didn't get ambient dialogue but I got a response from Donnelly I know I hadn't heard before. Not sure if I have another mission in me tonight, especially with Xenoblade sitting on my desk.

e, redux: Sorry to get any hopes up. I think the dialogue I missed previously might have been squashed by a separate bug related to the Adams quest; I'm not getting anything else this time.

epenthesis fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 8, 2012

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Holy poo poo (DLC spoilers) Javik is literally Renegade Shepard from an earlier cycle :aaaaa:

edit: ffff I missed the M-99 Sabre and you can't buy it from Spectre Recquisitions what the hell

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 6, 2012

Rizzo Crackers
Oct 11, 2009

Like a midget at a urinal, I was gonna have to keep on my toes.
So in my spare time i made an Alternative Launch Trailer that is fairly spoiler free (or near enough as spoiler free as the other trailers Bioware released).

http://youtu.be/BX1fs0_Rbbk

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

Rizzo Crackers posted:

So in my spare time i made an Alternative Launch Trailer that is fairly spoiler free (or near enough as spoiler free as the other trailers Bioware released).

http://youtu.be/BX1fs0_Rbbk

This is really cool, great pacing. Shame there's no kaidan in it though.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

But there's no Kaidan in ME3 either :confused:

Rizzo Crackers
Oct 11, 2009

Like a midget at a urinal, I was gonna have to keep on my toes.

Banjodark posted:

This is really cool, great pacing. Shame there's no kaidan in it though.

Was going with what i assumed would be closest to cannon so i picked a Liara LI, Ashley alive play through, even though i do actually prefer Kaiden. No Jacob, Miranda, Kasumi, Zaeed, Samara, Hackett, or Conrad either, but there had to be sacrifices.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

dwazegek posted:

But there's no Kaidan in ME3 either :confused:

Dude I don't know who this brunette chick with the bad hair is but she looks just like the Ashley girl I nuked on virmire.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Seems like every fan made video like that I see picks a Tali romance so I was completely surprised you didn't. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

dwazegek posted:

My survivor was Ash so that makes sense now.

Annakie posted:

If you missed the entire Conrad conversation, I made a vid of it here.

Basically AFTER you get the quest for the contaminated medigel from the doctor in the holding area ward, THEN Conrad shows up on the map. They really should have put a medigel right next to him that you had to go get because a LOT of people miss him.
I missed him so the only time I saw him was when he suddenly walked up saying "hey Shepard you met my Cerberus contact right?" I actually went wide eyed and started shouting "NONONONONONO" at my screen like Shia Lebouf until the girl from Chora's Den told me she sabotaged the thermal clip. It felt so drat good to see how playing ME1 paid off in spades.

• Locked thread