Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CaptainYesterday posted:

:siren: NEW poo poo ON HULU :siren:

Courtesy: A Good Eggsample

Courtesy is a great short, highly recommended by me. It's obvious that someone in the production process really thought the idea of EggWorld was hilarious and took it way farther than it needed to. The actual content is pretty lackluster, but it's just such a strange concept that the guys have a lot of material to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice

Bobulus posted:

Courtesy is a great short, highly recommended by me. It's obvious that someone in the production process really thought the idea of EggWorld was hilarious and took it way farther than it needed to. The actual content is pretty lackluster, but it's just such a strange concept that the guys have a lot of material to work with.

The highway sign that said "Eggsit" kills me every time. :golfclap:

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
My favorite part is when Kevin criticizes the buildings and Bill just says "Really debunked the logic of the egg themed courtesy short."

Also what is it with shorts about courtesy being bizarre, between this and "Courtesy Counts A Lot!" I don't understand how these work.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Moscow Mule posted:

Twist of the short: Narrated by Anita Bryant

Guess that explains the homosexuality & orange juice references.

They did that one live in SF at the Castro Theater. Everyone booed when her name hit the credits.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
The best part is "egg"semplified by the "egg"trocious" egg eggy egg eggeggy egg egg egg.

Egg.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The word egg has lost all meaning.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Wandering Knitter posted:

The word egg has lost all meaning.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Molothecat posted:

Bought "Mesa," and wanted to jump right back in and pick up some shorts that I don't have using the coupon that was supposed to come with my confirmation email. I never got the email or the coupon.

This happen to anyone else?

I just got my coupon today in an apologetic email from them for not sending it sooner. If you don't get yours shortly, you should probably contact them.

Mesa is a great rifftrax, too.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just to check, it's perfectly acceptable to have no loving clue about what the hell Frankenstein Island was about? I've watched it twice so far...and..yeah. Not a goddamn clue in the world.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Just to check, it's perfectly acceptable to have no loving clue about what the hell Frankenstein Island was about? I've watched it twice so far...and..yeah. Not a goddamn clue in the world.
Yeah, you must have missed the part about the power... the power... THE POWER... THE POWER!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how they go through all that effort talking up and getting that machine gun and then the director realized they didn't have any special effects budget so they never actually shoot it.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
We just watched "Setting up a Room." Holy poo poo. :psyduck: I now know what to show people who have never done :catdrugs: and want to know what it's like.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

Ahahaha, just watching Mesa of Lost Women, and there's a mention of Andy Zaltzman. Brilliant. Wonder who the Bugler is at Rifftrax?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Golbez posted:

We just watched "Setting up a Room." Holy poo poo. :psyduck: I now know what to show people who have never done :catdrugs: and want to know what it's like.

I loved the hype-video Rifftrax put up for that short, in which it drives Mike and others to madness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0uJfpKUPM

Give in to the block putting-away.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Moose Baby 2: The Fall of Moose Baby :D
That short is amazing, but I just watched Danger Keep Out, which is one of the new ones, and it's very good as well, definitely worth it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Yeah, you must have missed the part about the power... the power... THE POWER... THE POWER!!!

Oh no, I saw that part.

I like to think that Carradine just showed up on set and started ranting, while Jerry Warren just went "Hey...let's just splice some footage of this in!"

Kind of like Lugosi in Glen or Glenda.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

If you want to give money to Bill Corbet so he can make a comic book, head on over to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536910960/super-powered-revenge-christmas

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

fenix down posted:

If you want to give money to Bill Corbet so he can make a comic book, head on over to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536910960/super-powered-revenge-christmas

Yeah, sure, I'll pay to fund a comic written by the guy who wrote Meet Dave :v:

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Just saw "Join Hands, Let Go!"

:psyboom:

Why does this exist?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Golbez posted:

Why does this exist?

Of all the shorts they have done, this one sticks out as having absolutely NO reason to have been made. Zero educational or teaching value. I can explain any other short they've watched, but this one... it's... I beg anyone, anywhere, please, why was this created?

Edit: On another note, I think Laser Mission is my favorite VOD. It's just so drat goofy as a movie, and so badly thought out and edited... The guys just have a ball with it, AND it's a funny movie on its own.

RagingBoner fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 9, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Armourking posted:

Ahahaha, just watching Mesa of Lost Women, and there's a mention of Andy Zaltzman. Brilliant. Wonder who the Bugler is at Rifftrax?

Will we be getting a gently caress You Chris or a Pun Run soon?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Golbez posted:

Why does this exist?

It was made in 1969, so I'm guessing :350:

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Golbez posted:

Why does this exist?

Because sometimes recess gets called on account of rain.

Also, to the people complaining that a single movie can't possibly be riffed twice; Cinematic Titanic did Santa Claus Conquers the Martians back in 2008, and I think they came close to making the same riffs a handful of times.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

bobservo posted:

Because sometimes recess gets called on account of rain.

Also, to the people complaining that a single movie can't possibly be riffed twice; Cinematic Titanic did Santa Claus Conquers the Martians back in 2008, and I think they came close to making the same riffs a handful of times.

I said it in the Manos HD thread, but there was a short that both MST3K and Rifftrax did. It was "What About Juvenile Delinquency?", it was on The Atomic Brain and as a short. They did not repeat a single joke to the best of my knowledge.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

bobkatt013 posted:

Will we be getting a gently caress You Chris or a Pun Run soon?
Only if Andy himself can do his Dog Puns in a short.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
New short today! The Fish That Almost Drowned

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I've got some Amazon credit left over(10 bucks) and now that you can use the streaming service on the PS3 I thought I should buy some Rifftrax stuff. They've got 10 shorts collection and most of the public domain movies. Any recommendations?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Ghosthouse if you have enough? Its pretty funny.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sadly that one is not available, looked good. Think I'll just buy one of the shorts collections.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

RandolphCarter posted:

Sadly that one is not available, looked good. Think I'll just buy one of the shorts collections.

...Not available? Did they lose the rights?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Not available on Amazon's streaming service.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
The Fish That Almost Drowned is just about as educational as Join Hands, Let Go!

I have no idea what it was trying to teach or convey. The fragility of life?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

RagingBoner posted:

The Fish That Almost Drowned is just about as educational as Join Hands, Let Go!

Taking Care of Your Betta?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RagingBoner posted:

That's probably because it's a Soviet education short completely redubbed.

I think the point was either to teach about aquarium care or maybe about betta fish. It'd make a great companion short for Devil Fish, though.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rifftrax posted:

Well, we found it. The Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny of horror films. Read that again. Reflect on it. Maybe discuss it with your local librarian, or, better yet, one of the pungent men who spends all day on a library computer glancing over his shoulder nervously as he “does internet research.” The Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny of horror films. A bold claim, especially when you consider that Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny is arguably a horror film itself, based on the raw metric tonnage of nightmares it’s produced.
Just like that holiday classic, Curse of Bigfoot feels like an insane sandwich slapped together by Dagwood Bumstead after an extended opium binge, maybe Peanut Butter & Tacks & Pimento Loaf & a laserdisc of Newsies. A film within a film within a damp cardboard box within a film. Some highlights: a hideous papier-mâché creature (Bigfoot?) gradually approaches a woman feeding her dog for five continuous minutes. A high school teacher, apparently of the common high school subject “Monsters,” forces his students to listen to a guest speaker who would never be allowed within 500 feet of any school. Logging. Lots of logging. Logger deaths. And, to wash it all down and make sense of everything, a vintage monster movie stapled to the end, featuring a monster who may or may not be Bigfoot (it definitely isn’t Bigfoot). You don’t want to miss this.

Coming on Tuesday! :dance:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Loving all these VOD they are putting out.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I love the plot summary from Wikipedia:

quote:

A college Biology class receives a visitor, who is a good friend of their teacher. He tells them of an encounter that he and their teacher had 20 years before while searching for Indian artifacts in the nearby mountains. They find a mummuified corpse in a cave that resembles a rough-hewn statue. The mummy is brought back to their lodge and breaks out of its wrappings. It goes on a short rampage in what appears to be an orchard. The humans gather together to stop the creature before it can kill any one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"Well, we found it. The Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny of horror films."

So the movie wanders off into some other plot that's told by another person entirely? Do we not see Bigfoot until the very end of the movie when he takes the narrator away? What does a Bigfoot sound like when it cries out?

"Hur hur hurrrrrr".

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

IUG posted:

"Hur hur hurrrrrr".

God drat it, now I have Bill doing that in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Mister Kingdom posted:

I love the plot summary from Wikipedia:

I have to admit that putting a Mummy movie into a movie about Bigfoot pretty much makes just as much sense as Thumbelina in a Christmas movie.

• Locked thread