Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Dellikose posted:

I'm not a scooter guy, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIWd4FB6CTg

Luc Besson is so drat awesome :allears:

If you haven't seen Taxi, watch it. In the original French please, with subtitles. It's stupid but it's entertaining as hell.

(Plus Marion Cotillard is in it when she was younger and she's a babe)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Scooter is not a bike, it's a state of mind. It's why you enter a roundabout and don't leave it until you've done a few laps.

Higher quality of the scooter vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDXL2TzbyZw

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
This popped on Cobert Report last night.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/411884/april-05-2012/dirt-bike-badass-in-the-lincoln-tunnel?xrs=share_copy

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The only good part of the show. I haven't watched him recently but they have 0 material last night.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Here's another concept for a super-futuristic ebike.

I don't know enough about bikes yet to say anything about the functionality, but it looks Tron as all hell and I'd own the crap out of one.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
A young man's arm was torn from its socket today when he was involved in an accident on his motorcycle that has a gaping hole seemingly designed just for that purpose.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

NitroSpazzz posted:

Hillclimbs...always a good show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PvJBC42DuY

Why would anyone do this? The bikes get absolutely destroyed.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

AncientTV posted:

A young man's arm was torn from its socket today when he was involved in an accident on his motorcycle that has a gaping hole seemingly designed just for that purpose.

Yeah, to me it seems like wasted space at best. Primo spot for storage or a tankbag or something

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
It's to show off the lack of engine.

That hubless rear wheel on the other hand is pure sex

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

My boss was fawning over that bike the other day. As a designer I tried explaining to him how absurd it is, even with realistic electric powertrain expectations, but the ooh-ah factor was too much. I swear our company will make better poo poo, even if investors will only look at hubless futuristic poo poo like that.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Went for a bit of a ride today and got some pictures! I only got a few as there weren't really that many good stopping areas, but when I go out that way next time I'll try to get some more as well as a camera recording (if I can get a GoPro or something like it/rig something up). Roads were fun but extremely horrible quality in some parts.

This is the route I took (I actually started in Laidley which is a bit to the right on the map). Beautiful scenery, but not somewhere you want to pelt around otherwise you're going to go into a cliff/off a cliff because of the road quality.

This was at a camping place I came across that I stopped at to have a quick break;

(yay!)

I'm guessing this is some old fishing shed or something, you can't see it but there is a creek/river thing that flows through there.

As you can see in this one though:

These two are the corner before and the other side of it which is a bridge to cross said river (most of the road was of that sort of quality but there were some fairly large patches of just plain poo poo road - I had to slow down to about 40km/h suddenly in one part to avoid doing a massive jump just before a corner because of how lovely the road repair was):

This is a fair bit steeper than it looks in that picture (the mountain in the back that is) it was basically top of cliff, sheer drop, ledge, sheer drop, etc. etc.

And a non-sarcastic yay!

A nice mountain cut-out so the road can get through - I wanted to get a closer picture but a lot of trucks go through this road as it lets them avoid Toowoomba (small city) to get to Brisbane.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Spent the day randomly riding about on the bike. Rode up to Montgomery and back, bought a t-shirt at the HD dealership.

Got to hear the lady at the Bama nut shop's life story.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
A good youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff3Etpube2E

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
some Poe's Law poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9VoddEVjk

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

darkhand posted:

some Poe's Law poo poo

What the hell did I just watch.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

darkhand posted:

some Poe's Law poo poo

Whelp he sure showed himself getting wrecked by a Bmw over and over.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The ending was pretty badass, you must admit.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
It looks like he was doing a burnout at that BMW around the 1:50 mark.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I like the idea of doing a burnout at someone.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Eat pieces of my decently expensive tire and also some poo poo from the road!!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
"It's NOT a race!!! I love bmw and i really like the 535. Just letting him know he cant pass me on the right!!!"

Haha, somehow I don't think a cop would buy the educational angle he's trying to sell.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Left Side = Passing Side-----------Right Side = Suicide!

Applies to 18 wheelers and tiny motorcycles.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Went out along that same road today but went a bit further and a bit faster. Got heaps of pictures and made 2 videos of the area if anyone is interested but I'll just put up the ones with bikes in them for now :)

Met a guy who owned this on my way back home - it's for sale if any aussie goons are interested - 2008 Hayabusa, very clean bike, sounds magical. $12,000.

Stopped to get a picture of part of my trip and saw these guys exiting where I was heading:

The pub I stopped at in Allora.

Nice place - if anyone passes through there (it's between Toowoomba and Warwick) it'd be a good spot to stop and rest, very friendly staff. Some interesting old buildings in the town as well.

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 8, 2012

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
<-- Toilet

I'd like to imagine that Chemist store sells vials and beakers of old-timey McBrady's HairGrow-Turbo Tonic Water and such.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 8, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I didn't realise but that toilet sign is really unfortunately placed in relation to my head :(

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

http://youtu.be/3S9QzhTTHNw

Finally finally, driving back down the mountain on my way home.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

clownskull posted:

http://youtu.be/3S9QzhTTHNw

Finally finally, driving back down the mountain on my way home.

Are you trying to get killed? I will murder your face if you don't get off my mountain.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Shimrod, it's pretty much a point of honor to never park your bike pointing into the parking space. It makes leaving the parking space undignified, seeing as bikes lack reverse gear. You can duck-walk your bike back into a spot, or if you're pro you can do a full lock turn across an adjacent parking space.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

MotoMind posted:

Shimrod, it's pretty much a point of honor to never park your bike pointing into the parking space. It makes leaving the parking space undignified, seeing as bikes lack reverse gear. You can duck-walk your bike back into a spot, or if you're pro you can do a full lock turn across an adjacent parking space.

I usually back my bike into parking spaces if the rectangle is going along the same direction as the road (forget the word for that .. its 2:30am) but if its like that I always just head in - it's just as easy, only a small bike - I can push back and roll out of the square with the one kick. Of course, I should have backed into that one - its on a downhill angle towards the pub which I didn't notice until I was in the space -_-

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

MotoMind posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWnf0niufk

I couldn't find a video of a gangsta doing it but they spin the bike like that while the motors still going and they're on the bike, as soon as they pull in. I see it all the time.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Nitramster posted:

I couldn't find a video of a gangsta doing it but they spin the bike like that while the motors still going and they're on the bike, as soon as they pull in. I see it all the time.

I had never thought of spinning my bike on its sidestand.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
It's not something they teach at the schools, is it?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Nope, it's pretty easy though. Just make sure that you pick it up the right way, else your sidestand can collapse.

Craigslist hilarity:

guy posted:

READ FIRST. 1. This bike is not titled, it is a customization of 6 different bikes and i will title it as custom. 2. It is built for a rider from 140 to 180lbs. MAX!!!. It started as a frame from a 1980 Honda CB400, the motor is a 1978 CB400 Hondamatic 2-speed, runs better than new and shifts like a dream!!! The tank is from a 76' CB550, the exhaust is custom built, pipes from a harley sportster and the muffler from a ducati 996, the suspension is also from a ducati and is fully adjustable but due to the placement thats why there is a weight limit, the bike will bottom out from over weight. I custom built everything and weigh 160 flat and it is 100% perfectly fit around me. The bike is unfinished as sits, i have the headlight color matched and i need to fab the rear seat/cowl and finish wiring. i've run into financial problems and need the cash. if you'd like it as it sits shoot me an offer, otherwise i will finish it and i'm going to ask right around 3500 for it. Email me with any questions, Thanks Mike.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

So he got over it, lol.

How does he intend on finishing it if he can't finish it at the moment because he's out of cash?

O.O

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Nitramster posted:

I do not trust my sidestand that much.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

AncientTV posted:

Craigslist hilarity:

What does "title it as a custom" mean? Doesn't it have to be an actual recognized make and model, even if the only piece you use from that bike is the frame? Or is there some other class for "homebuilt" or something?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

What does "title it as a custom" mean? Doesn't it have to be an actual recognized make and model, even if the only piece you use from that bike is the frame? Or is there some other class for "homebuilt" or something?

Florida is pretty lax when it comes to custom motorcycles. You can do it, but I want to say it's a huge hassle.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Shimrod posted:

I had never thought of spinning my bike on its sidestand.

Quick word of warning, not all side stands are meant for this, lots of times you will end up with a bent side stand. Make sure yours is sturdy.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

HNasty posted:

Quick word of warning, not all side stands are meant for this, lots of times you will end up with a bent side stand. Make sure yours is sturdy.

I can pretty much guarantee you that I'll never do that - I'd probably lose my balance and end up with a crushed leg :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006