Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Like a gazele falling out from the herd.

Actually one of my soldiers teaches it on Stewart, she always wants to make here squad do zumba instead of prt.

Do it just to make some SNCO freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

gleep glop posted:

Do it just to make some SNCO freak.

I've actually asked my co to let it happen company wide since they did a few company crossfit sessions that were a huge clusterfuck. The 1SG, who was loving around on his phone at the time, snapped to consciousness and used about 30 homophobic remarks as to why we will never do it.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I have to lead PT this morning, and I was planning on making it worthwhile, but when I sent the unit PT manager the email with what I was going to have everyone do, he shot it down immediately. He told me that squadron PT is NOT for getting in a good workout :v:. He told me that it's for networking within the squadron and getting to know each other, and to improve morale.

Tell me how sacraficing 90 minutes out of my 11 hours a day that I'm not working improves morale. And why I should give a gently caress about networking with some fat NCOs who are going to get kicked out because even if they wanted to do a good workout, we're not allowed to.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I dunno about your base, but it says right in our CG's ATG that "Physical training is a unit function designed to boost morale, physical fitness is an individual responsibility." Which seems to me like it's designed to prevent anyone who's out of shape from getting into shape, or anyone who wants to be in better than army standard shape from doing it, but this is the world we live in now.

Think of it like a general trying to sell his training plan to higher: organized PT is the cheapest training a military can accomplish in terms of resources required, acts as a way to prevent a significant percentage of the force from reenlisting (only retain the best), and allegedly saves money in long term health care costs since you kick the fatties out. And like most army training, you train to standard; the standard in this case being a one hour block of time.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The view on it, as it were, is that by forcing the more in shape soldiers to work with the fat bodies, that it will instill a sense of responsibility to be physically fit in them and that fitness knowledge will be spread through social interaction.

However, fatties gonna fat. I'm not even really convinced that making morning PT into a hardcore session would help, because it takes the individual making the choice to change his or her lifestyle in order for any effect to occur. If they don't stop eating an entire bag of Cheetos and sucking down 10 cans of natty lite each night, they're not going to lose weight. And let's face it: maxing the PT test takes more than just showing up to PT.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

This girl from my unit said she isn't going to fall for my lines to get into her pants.... Fast forward a few weeks I told her I would do a few runs with her and signed up for one. Then encouraged her to do a marathon and somehow agreed to it too.... I'm 100% positive I'm getting laid as soon as I see her.... But I'm also running 26 loving miles... I ran the 5 for the ranger thing and almost died...... Now I have to run that and 21 more... The poo poo i do for pussy.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Kaliber posted:

This girl from my unit said she isn't going to fall for my lines to get into her pants.... Fast forward a few weeks I told her I would do a few runs with her and signed up for one. Then encouraged her to do a marathon and somehow agreed to it too.... I'm 100% positive I'm getting laid as soon as I see her.... But I'm also running 26 loving miles... I ran the 5 for the ranger thing and almost died...... Now I have to run that and 21 more... The poo poo i do for pussy.
:stare: She must be something.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kaliber posted:

:stare:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kaliber posted:

But you ran that 5 balls out. I doubt you'll be doing a 7 minute mile pace for the marathon. So long as you don't burn yourself out, a marathon is easily doable. Especially if sex is on the line.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Think of every mile as one thrust during sex.

don't quit after 5 thrusts

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 6, 2012

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also run at a 10 minute pace or slower. No need to loving kill yourself over it. There's a reason the phrase "It's a marathon, not a race" exists.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You might also want to actually do a train up for it so you don't wind up with stress fractures out the rear end.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

psydude posted:

You might also want to actually do a train up for it so you don't wind up with stress fractures out the rear end.

Can't forget the old faithful Iliotibial Band Syndrome, that's always a fun one.

Don't know how I'm going to handle 6 months of BCT and AIT with no lifting. MAH GAINS! :byodood:

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Tysterisk posted:

Can't forget the old faithful Iliotibial Band Syndrome, that's always a fun one.

Don't know how I'm going to handle 6 months of BCT and AIT with no lifting. MAH GAINS! :byodood:

that makes no sense. You jackasses are allowed to drink and have gay sex with each other in hotels and wear civilians off duty and poo poo in AIT. Why would you not be able to hit the gym?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Kaliber posted:

that makes no sense. You jackasses are allowed to drink and have gay sex with each other in hotels and wear civilians off duty and poo poo in AIT. Why would you not be able to hit the gym?

Too much time invested in banging smashing having respectful dialogue with womyn about patriarchal soci-... Okay, I can't even keep a straight face while typing that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gently caress crossfit more chicks need to play volleyball

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 6, 2012

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Gatdam those are some nice gams. Booty butts too.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

APFT in a week. After that, I'm going to switch back to power-lifting mode. Might keep up my running workout, though, since it's been pretty enjoyable.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Got a PFT next week and after that I'll be doing the same thing and adding some swimming and hiking back into my program.

I'll be trying out the wendler 5/3/1 program.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

gently caress CrossFit, where do I sign up for a coed volleyball team?

My back/shoulders are starting to get huge. Not bro big but normal guy big.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Kaliber posted:

gently caress CrossFit, where do I sign up for a coed volleyball team?

My back/shoulders are starting to get huge. Not bro big but normal guy big.

Sorry about your tats man.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

invision posted:

Sorry about your tats man.

Oh yeah. Getting them when I was 140 pounds with no muscles were a terrible idea. My shoulders use to be 36? inches... Now it's about 42.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

elite_garbage_man posted:

Got a PFT next week and after that I'll be doing the same thing and adding some swimming and hiking back into my program.

I'll be trying out the wendler 5/3/1 program.

5/3/1 made me stop hating deadlifts, I almost found out the hard way that plain old 3x5 doesn't work so well past like 1.5xBW for reps. Working back up double overhand with chalk is fun, actually.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Kaliber posted:

Oh yeah. Getting them when I was 140 pounds with no muscles were a terrible idea. My shoulders use to be 36? inches... Now it's about 42.

I have a feeling thats not what meant.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

He should see my moto tattoo on my legs then.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Kaliber posted:

He should see my moto tattoo on my legs then.

:allears:

Oh no, I'm out of C4 as of right now. What the hell do I do while I wait for some crappy website to send it to me in two weeks?

Run with the hot girl from TMO, that's what. The only good thing to come out of that squadron PT (which wasn't that bad, because I got to pick what we did) was gaining this new workout partner.

:megaman: She will be my rape shield if I ever see Helldump Immunity here :megaman:

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
I haven't been doing anything fancy or hardcore like some of ya'll, but I have been just eating a lot less poo poo and doing an hour of cardio each day.

It's pretty sad though because I am not living up to the fat contractor code of conduct.

smertrioslol posted:

:megaman: She will be my rape shield if I ever see Helldump Immunity here :megaman:

Gonna take more than that to stop me bro :toot:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

smertrioslol posted:

:allears:

Oh no, I'm out of C4 as of right now. What the hell do I do while I wait for some crappy website to send it to me in two weeks?

Run with the hot girl from TMO, that's what. The only good thing to come out of that squadron PT (which wasn't that bad, because I got to pick what we did) was gaining this new workout partner.

Ugh, I know, it's so impossible to lift without supplements!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

psydude posted:

Ugh, I know, it's so impossible to lift without supplements!

It's less that I "can't" and more of a "gently caress I need some caffeine when I wake up." I'm averaging 6-7 hours of sleep a night because I can't get used to 12's on night shift to save my life.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 1, 2012

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok brosephs, time to get some gym etiquette advice... or at least tell you a kind of entertaining story since I'm not sure there's much that can be done:

I think I've posted about it before, or at least talked about it in IRC. I go to the gym at ~1:30AM, where it's totally empty, except my buddy and I, and this group of other bro's (from my company). One of the dudes is pretty nice, I partied with him in Dubai - we call him Lenny because he is enormous, like 6'5" and super jacked, but appears to be possibly pretty simple. One of the dudes is a complete white trash piece of poo poo. We call him "Doublewide", because he's fat as gently caress, has Imaginary Lat Syndrome, and just looks like he's composed primarily of fat and dip. He sounds like an idiot and is always giving Lenny workout advice, even though I can lift more than Doublewide on almost everything and he has almost 100lbs on me. Needless to say I hate this guy for being white trash and also for being an idiot.

Anyways, we've had this ongoing thing with the stereo in there. My buddy and I come in with headsets, but they blast their iPod over the stereo super loud, loud enough that we can't even really talk to one another. We've taken the iPod cable. We've taken 6 different power cords. We have disassembled the stereo and hid it around the room. I'm pretty sure they aren't seeing that because some little Indian dude probably has to put it back together every day. I've walked over and turned it way down a number of times. One time one of the dudes (neither DW or Lenny) came over and and asked "Was that too loud for you?" all confrontational-ly, so of course I was just like "Yah, it was" and went back to doing what I was doing. Tonight we turned it down since we had to be right next to it to do upright rows, and Doublewide came over freaking out, saying "YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME IF YOU COULD TURN IT DOWN", to which I told him "I don't need to ask you for anything", to which he responded "Put your headphones in if you don't want to hear it." My buddy told him to get his own headphones, at which point the guy wandered off muttering (after turning it back up).

While I of course wanted to just turn it back down, getting into a passive aggressive match with this trailer trash retard seems stupid. The only option I see remaining is talking to our management because he refuses to be reasonable and disabling the radio hasn't worked. I would just totally destroy the stereo but that kind of stops me from doing anything else about it in the future. The only other option is getting in there before them (difficult) and playing music that I know they will hate (thinking Mars Volta).

Ideas?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Rrail posted:

Ok brosephs, time to get some gym etiquette advice... or at least tell you a kind of entertaining story since I'm not sure there's much that can be done:

I think I've posted about it before, or at least talked about it in IRC. I go to the gym at ~1:30AM, where it's totally empty, except my buddy and I, and this group of other bro's (from my company). One of the dudes is pretty nice, I partied with him in Dubai - we call him Lenny because he is enormous, like 6'5" and super jacked, but appears to be possibly pretty simple. One of the dudes is a complete white trash piece of poo poo. We call him "Doublewide", because he's fat as gently caress, has Imaginary Lat Syndrome, and just looks like he's composed primarily of fat and dip. He sounds like an idiot and is always giving Lenny workout advice, even though I can lift more than Doublewide on almost everything and he has almost 100lbs on me. Needless to say I hate this guy for being white trash and also for being an idiot.

Anyways, we've had this ongoing thing with the stereo in there. My buddy and I come in with headsets, but they blast their iPod over the stereo super loud, loud enough that we can't even really talk to one another. We've taken the iPod cable. We've taken 6 different power cords. We have disassembled the stereo and hid it around the room. I'm pretty sure they aren't seeing that because some little Indian dude probably has to put it back together every day. I've walked over and turned it way down a number of times. One time one of the dudes (neither DW or Lenny) came over and and asked "Was that too loud for you?" all confrontational-ly, so of course I was just like "Yah, it was" and went back to doing what I was doing. Tonight we turned it down since we had to be right next to it to do upright rows, and Doublewide came over freaking out, saying "YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME IF YOU COULD TURN IT DOWN", to which I told him "I don't need to ask you for anything", to which he responded "Put your headphones in if you don't want to hear it." My buddy told him to get his own headphones, at which point the guy wandered off muttering (after turning it back up).

While I of course wanted to just turn it back down, getting into a passive aggressive match with this trailer trash retard seems stupid. The only option I see remaining is talking to our management because he refuses to be reasonable and disabling the radio hasn't worked. I would just totally destroy the stereo but that kind of stops me from doing anything else about it in the future. The only other option is getting in there before them (difficult) and playing music that I know they will hate (thinking Mars Volta).

Ideas?

break the stereo.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Have you tried flexing until they run away scared?

SockFight
Dec 13, 2011

FOGLESONG SAYS STOP WHINING AND DO YOUR "OPERATIONAL" (DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER) JOB BITCH

FOGLESONG'D

Rrail posted:

Ideas?

Have Lenny kill George

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Buy your own gym with your contractor money?

SneakySnake
Feb 5, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ask one more time for them to turn it down and then just break the loving radio. If they get another radio, just ask again and if nothing happens break it again.

Or just got at another time if you figure out that a dumb pissing contest with people who have nothing better to do than get into pissing contests isn't really worth the effort.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

SneakySnake posted:

...if you figure out that a dumb pissing contest with people who have nothing better to do than get into pissing contests isn't really worth the effort.

You realize you're talking about someone who gets banned monthly for posting in D&D/GBS, right?

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't want to alter my schedule because some fat, stupid, white-trash gently caress wants to play Slayer or whatever garbage metal bro's listen to at the gym really loudly. I'll figure something out.

SneakySnake
Feb 5, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
rrail I read a lot of your posts man and from seeing them I feel like I know you pretty well, so don't take it the wrong way when I say you got a problem where you can't just walk away.

Just shut the gently caress up and walk away and your life will be so much easier and stress free dude. Try it for a week, just say whatever and move on with things instead of getting into insignificant fights over the stupidest poo poo. Nobody likes not 'winning' but at the end of the day these dumb little confrontations don't do much except waste time and effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is literally all the excitement I have in my life at this point.