Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Goldmund posted:

Can you buy expansions with station cash? I can't check any game related sites at work, but if so I might have to go stock up on cards.

Yes, you can. You can even buy the collectors edition of VoA if you want. The basic expansion costs 3999 SC. So, if you do what the person above said and buy the 15.00 2000 sc from Wal-mart you will end up with 4000, and that will allow you to buy the current expansion that's normally 40.00 for only 15.00.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Goldmund posted:

Can you buy expansions with station cash? I can't check any game related sites at work, but if so I might have to go stock up on cards.

Yeah, expansions and game time. So for $30 I can get over 5 months of game time, and that's even if I just bought it 1-month at a time =P. I think I'll be going gold soon :D

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Goldmund posted:

Yes, as well as subscriptions too. But you only have to buy VoA since all the others are included for free now.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, expansions and game time. So for $30 I can get over 5 months of game time, and that's even if I just bought it 1-month at a time =P. I think I'll be going gold soon :D

If you like the game, and it seems like you do, theree is no reason for you not to go gold a while ago.

BTW, I went to wallmart just yesterday and they did not have the $15 for 2K SC cards there. So not all wallmarts have them. I do have another one near me which I will check out today.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 6, 2012

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Peechka posted:

If you like the game, and it seems like you do, theree is no reason for you not to go gold a while ago.

BTW, I went to wallmart just yesterday and they did not have the $15 for 2K SC cards there. So not all wallmarts have them. I do have another one near me which I will check out today.

If it helps anyone else find them, the one by me has them separated from all the other credit/gift/time/etc cards at the front. They were tucked into a little corner back in electronics.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Someone posted their grooveshark full of old school EQ midis, and good lord the nostalgia. I feel like i'm 18 again in high school. I MISS YOU 1999

it makes me want to play a lot. poo poo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is it still possible to bypass launchpad to get in the game? I remember that it used to be, but I don't recall how. Just got home with a stack of Station Cash cards, and now I can't get into the game.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Fairly sure all of the servers are down at the moment. Launchpad is hanging for me as well.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

You should be able to redeem GCs on the website by going into the account menu.

Here's a c&p from my guild board about logging in without using the patcher:

The following instructions will create a shortcut that will open EverQuest without patching and also inputs a chosen string as the username:

Browse to your EverQuest folder.
Right click "eqgame.exe".
Click "Send To" and select "Desktop (create shortcut)" in the context window.
On your desktop now appears an icon with the text "Shortcut to eqgame". Right click the icon and select "Rename" from the context menu.
Input a name. Perhaps, a descriptive name, specific to which account this shortcut is to trigger (Example: "EverQuest - NoPatch \\ NAME").
Right click the newly renamed shortcut, and select "Properties" from the context menu.
Append the Target's Textbox Text (which should currently contain a string that represents the complete file path to eqgame.exe held within quotes) with the following text:
patchme /login:YourUserName

An example of an appended Target's Textbox text could be illustrated as:
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login:UserName

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Goldmund posted:

Is it still possible to bypass launchpad to get in the game? I remember that it used to be, but I don't recall how. Just got home with a stack of Station Cash cards, and now I can't get into the game.

I'm trying to find a way to download two more clients. So I can start three boxing. But I keep getting an error message saying that I cannot install into my documents folder and I can't change the directory.

Tried running installer as an administrator and tried changing all my folders off of read only. Looks like Sony doesn't want that $45/mo.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

You don't need to install any more clients or anything. Can multibox out of one installation directory.

Unless you're actually installing on 3 computers, in which case the patcher is currently hosed.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Carl Seitan posted:

Fairly sure all of the servers are down at the moment. Launchpad is hanging for me as well.

The login servers were messed up, but if you were already in game you were fine. Everything is pretty good for me now, and I'm able to log in an out with no problems.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

jetz0r posted:

You should be able to redeem GCs on the website by going into the account menu.

Here's a c&p from my guild board about logging in without using the patcher:

The following instructions will create a shortcut that will open EverQuest without patching and also inputs a chosen string as the username:

Browse to your EverQuest folder.
Right click "eqgame.exe".
Click "Send To" and select "Desktop (create shortcut)" in the context window.
On your desktop now appears an icon with the text "Shortcut to eqgame". Right click the icon and select "Rename" from the context menu.
Input a name. Perhaps, a descriptive name, specific to which account this shortcut is to trigger (Example: "EverQuest - NoPatch \\ NAME").
Right click the newly renamed shortcut, and select "Properties" from the context menu.
Append the Target's Textbox Text (which should currently contain a string that represents the complete file path to eqgame.exe held within quotes) with the following text:
patchme /login:YourUserName

An example of an appended Target's Textbox text could be illustrated as:
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login:UserName

Thanks for the writeup. I almost had it right, but I was putting a dash in front of patchme. Works great now!

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

Peechka posted:

I would bet that they do. During the triple SC weekend a while back (right after the security breach) I sat for 3.5 hours in Wal-Mart while various employees searched for and then claimed that such things did not exist at Wal-Mart. The big card section in electronics was mysteriously bereft of everything except the ones pertaining to garbage games on Station and lovely amounts. When I was checking out with my inferior haul I noticed that despite everyone looking around like retards, searching in computers, and yelling at non-English speaking warehouse workers; said cards did exist. They are hiding at the front in every 3rd register aisle with the Applebees, Outback, iTunes and various other shitter cards that have nothing to do with gaming.

Out of curiosity I ran the same experiment at another Wal-mart the next day (triple SC too strong) and had the same results, but I didn't wait as long to peace out since I knew where they were. This one called the other stores in KC metro and they all confirmed that NONE of them carried the bonus SC cards anymore. Hilarious.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

jetz0r posted:

You don't need to install any more clients or anything. Can multibox out of one installation directory.

Unless you're actually installing on 3 computers, in which case the patcher is currently hosed.

Nope, just running it all off the lovely laptop. And it works.

I'm thinking of just saying gently caress it and transferring Vild from back in 2006 or so when I quit the last time. It's not like it will be hard to get the 10 levels and 1,000 AA I had gotten on Test playing off and on for the last year.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I tried to complete the shadowmane invasion monster mission today, because that gives an amazing 1h sword for paladins and shadowknights. The mission was very simple, but I could never finish it due to not being able to blow up the drat door. I killed the first three bosses, looted the explosives, and when I clicked on the door nothing happened. I cannot find anything on line other than click on the door and a message opens up to say yes or no to blowing it up.

Anyone know what's going on with this mission, and what I'm doing wrong to not get it to work?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Are rangers a fun class? I've been thinking of making one or just using that item that changed your player's class.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dizz posted:

Are rangers a fun class? I've been thinking of making one or just using that item that changed your player's class.

Ranger's got some lovin' a couple years ago after being poo poo for over a decade. They are currently one of the top end game dps classes. They have a lot of utility as a hybrid class- cast druid spells with strong melee skills. Even though they wear chain, I've seen my guildleader, who is a Ranger, tank some amazing stuff.

Headshot is one of the best ways to gain a metric asston of aa's next to swarming, despite a couple nerfs to Hail and such. They got some pulling tools and I think they're up to Run 8 or 10 now. I have a Ranger on Test that I play on patch days and they are tons of fun.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bahanahab posted:

Anyone know what's going on with this mission, and what I'm doing wrong to not get it to work?

I have no idea about this quest. But try right clicking the item in your inventory while in the right area or with the npc/thing targeted. Even if the item doesn't have an ability or charges.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected

Hahahaha holy poo poo. I played on Mith Marr way back in the day (early 2000s) and somehow I never heard this entire story. We used Lillywhite as our chanter from time to time in groups. I knew she was involved in all sorts of stupid forum drama, but I never really bothered to read it. She was actually a really good chanter and generally a pleasure to group with.

Interesting to hear some of the other old names in that story. I was guilded with Katie for a while who was a pretty typical bitchy primadonna cleric. Didn't know about that stuff. I was surprised to see Shular's name in there -- I played with him for a few years and he seemed pretty normal. Granted he was only involved in the one sac incident.

Anyway, I downloaded everything and will give the f2p a try for a bit, if nothing else but for the nostalgia. God help me if I can remember enough information to reactivate my old account, but I'll try. Haven't played since I quit my freshman year of college in 2003.

If nothing else, it would be fun to level up a character through all of the old world zones again.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Start at level 1 and do your class armor quest in your home zone... that poo poo is hilarious.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hmm I thought there was an item you could use to change the class of your character. that kind of sucks becuase my Beastlord as all these no trade things like adventure potions and nimbus cloud that I kinda don't want rotting here.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'd just like to say: that's one of the best OPs I've ever seen. Great job.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Dizz posted:

Hmm I thought there was an item you could use to change the class of your character. that kind of sucks becuase my Beastlord as all these no trade things like adventure potions and nimbus cloud that I kinda don't want rotting here.

You might be thinking of Spirit Shrouds which were introduced 6 years ago as a way to lower your level and change your class so you can group with friends that are lower level.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

jetz0r posted:

I have no idea about this quest. But try right clicking the item in your inventory while in the right area or with the npc/thing targeted. Even if the item doesn't have an ability or charges.

Nothing is working at all, and every person in my group that tried to do the in game petition ended up crashing to desktop. We just said gently caress it and will make do with whatever we get till 80.

devinhead
Jul 3, 2007
In as a low 30s ranger named Dush, killing things on Gorukar Mesa. I have casually tried to get an invite to Fearboners but haven't had a chance to meet up with anyone.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
This should be mandatory for every goon. To be used all the time and for no good reason. Especially in dungeons.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=93796

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Tolain posted:

This should be mandatory for every goon. To be used all the time and for no good reason. Especially in dungeons.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=93796

Those are still fun, but man they were awesome before the recast timers were linked, you could carry a bag full and fire them off independently.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I was rocket jumping all over alaris during beta with unlinked hotkeyed boots. Then they got nerfed. :(

Also, the April Fools quests are cool and scale to level, so everyone can get some joke items. Just go talk to this guy in PoK http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=37547

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there some sort of Ranger guide that I should give a look? I know eventually I'm mostly going to be meleeing but I'm not sure what weapon types I should be after.

E: Also, how much are classes in SC? I have 3200 SC to spend but am unsure what to use it on.

E2: can augments be removed and kept or are they lost?

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 8, 2012

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
First off, thank you for the great OP. In as Cthaeh on Luclin.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Finally starting to get some AA on my sk, and I can already tell a huge difference.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I decided to try and get my monk off AB and welp actually AB or my character or something is broken and I need to navigate the horror that is SoE support site to get it fixed. On the bright side apparently the grapevine says that on test monk 1.0 epic is inventory clickable now so it might save me some plat on haste potions in the long run maybe. Honestly I'd just give up and remake on luclin now regardless but since I already paid for the token I can't let it go.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Dizz posted:

Is there some sort of Ranger guide that I should give a look? I know eventually I'm mostly going to be meleeing but I'm not sure what weapon types I should be after.

Eqoutrider.net is a forum where you can browse for ranger info. The site/forum was just restored after some problems and is missing posts from nearly a year's time, but there is still a ton of information buried in there.

Melee weapon types, you should just worry with the one hand weapons skills, slash/blunt/piercing, at any time you may find an upgrade with any of those. Don't bother obsessing on the weapon skills you aren't currently using though, it's silly easy to just afk in an out of the way arena beating up your merc for those skillups.

Most any normal augment (slot 7 stat type stuff) is removable if you use the proper distiller. You always have the option of using the super cheap Aug Solvent to destroy an aug, but if you want to pay extra you can remove them safely for reuse.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The337th posted:

Eqoutrider.net is a forum where you can browse for ranger info. The site/forum was just restored after some problems and is missing posts from nearly a year's time, but there is still a ton of information buried in there.

Melee weapon types, you should just worry with the one hand weapons skills, slash/blunt/piercing, at any time you may find an upgrade with any of those. Don't bother obsessing on the weapon skills you aren't currently using though, it's silly easy to just afk in an out of the way arena beating up your merc for those skillups.

Most any normal augment (slot 7 stat type stuff) is removable if you use the proper distiller. You always have the option of using the super cheap Aug Solvent to destroy an aug, but if you want to pay extra you can remove them safely for reuse.

Thanks for this info. I'l check out the ranger forums a bit later when I finish the tutorial and gear myself a bit. I'm also thinking of getting this one polymorph staff that gives me levitation and a damage shield. is it a good idea?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Nurge posted:

I decided to try and get my monk off AB and welp actually AB or my character or something is broken and I need to navigate the horror that is SoE support site to get it fixed. On the bright side apparently the grapevine says that on test monk 1.0 epic is inventory clickable now so it might save me some plat on haste potions in the long run maybe. Honestly I'd just give up and remake on luclin now regardless but since I already paid for the token I can't let it go.

My friends been trying to get off AB for 3 weeks+ now and has petitioned over a dozen times. They just keep telling him It'll be fixed "soon".

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tolain posted:

My friends been trying to get off AB for 3 weeks+ now and has petitioned over a dozen times. They just keep telling him It'll be fixed "soon".

Yeah I'm going to just hunker down with my euro buddies till they do something about it. I'll try to make some manual transfer noises but who knows if they're even able to do that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Still fighting the man to get off Test, and my wireless router died. Good times.

Hopefully back to the grind in a couple days.

Edit: Those of you who transfered off of Test, were the GMs as dumb as it seems they are? This guy keeps giving me the same stock response about Test transfers a year ago. I asked him to turn it over to a lead GM, we'll see what happens.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 8, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Does archery level up in the higher levels? it seems really expensive to make arrows at a low level to where I can spam them a lot to train it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Dizz posted:

Does archery level up in the higher levels? it seems really expensive to make arrows at a low level to where I can spam them a lot to train it.

My best suggestion is to find a mage, and have them summon you a full quiver full of arrows. They're lovely, but perfect for leveling up the skill. A mage can summon roughly 600 arrows with one cast of a spell.

Alternatively, if you're a ranger, get the endless quiver AA, and never have to worry about arrows ever again.

So I just realized that rogues get poisons. My rogue is level 63, and I have yet to even use one. Looks like I have alot of catching up to do with the make poison skill.