Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

magimix posted:

I daresay WarLocke's argument is rooted in just how much stuff Javik has to say and do in the game, and how much lore is carried.

He's so integral to the game that one of the crappier ends to a mission Thessia exists because they had to completely change it because they yanked Javik out after EA told them to stop working on his content for the main release.

It's glaring and frustrating how Javik worked out and it sucks for anyone that actually cares about the game's lore if they ignored it because he was DLC. He was developed as a main part of the game from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

magimix posted:

Certainly sounds general purpose. I'm sufficiently early in my Soldier run that I'm not locked into any particular mode. At the moment, I'm running with AR (Avenger) and SR (Mantis) as primary weapons, with HP as a backup. No reason I couldn't swap in the Particle Rifle. It'd be broadly in line with my preference for 'spray' over 'burst', when it comes to ARs (for Soldiers). I'd take a cooldown hit, but no harm in seeing how it pans out for me.

Evolve Adrenaline Rush for the time dilation and damage buffs, get headshot damage from Mastery, find an Atlas/Brute/Banshee and put that murderbeam in their face/cockpit. :hellyeah:

Also make sure to use an ammo power on your energy beam (how does it work :science:)

-Dethstryk- posted:

He's so integral to the game that one of the crappier ends to a mission Thessia exists because they had to completely change it because they yanked Javik out after EA told them to stop working on his content for the main release.

Story please :allears:

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

-Dethstryk- posted:

It's glaring and frustrating how Javik worked out and it sucks for anyone that actually cares about the game's lore if they ignored it because he was DLC. He was developed as a main part of the game from the beginning.

If there is one thing that makes the idea of cutting out elements to reserve them as day one DLC even less palatable to me as a consumer, that lovely Kai Lengfight/cutscene is probably it. God dammit EA :argh:

Edit: And yeah, what were we supposed to get in its place?

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Edit: And yeah, what were we supposed to get in its place?

WarLocke posted:

Story please :allears:

I wish I knew. That's all the Final Hours said about it. But considering Javik was involved and what was going on in that mission, it's safe to assume it would have been a hell of a lot better than what we got, I bet.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Originally, the thing you find there IS Javik. Or so I read earlier in this thread.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Originally, the thing you find there IS Javik. Or so I read earlier in this thread.

That... would make a surprising amount of sense. Also kind of sucky that it would happen so relatively late in the game.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

WarLocke posted:

That... would make a surprising amount of sense. Also kind of sucky that it would happen so relatively late in the game.

My guess is that it's why we got the stupidly done Prothean VI. That probably should have been Javik.

Edit: Okay, just got the Final Hours stuff back out. I don't think you would have discovered Javik there, because that original mission was in the game to get Javik. But it did cut out something at Thessia where TIM kidnaps Javik to extract information. So yeah, completely convinced that's why we got some stupid things on the mission and the poorly done Prothean VI.

WarLocke posted:

But then you either rewrite the rest of the game or Cerberus shows up and captures Javik anyway and you run off to save him.

Your spoiler was apparently the original plan!

-Dethstryk- fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 8, 2012

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

-Dethstryk- posted:

My guess is that it's why we got the stupidly done Prothean VI. That probably should have been Javik.

But then you either rewrite the rest of the game or Cerberus shows up and captures Javik anyway and you run off to save him.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So, instead of having him for every mission past Palavin, you would have him for the last two?

I dunno, sounds like it turned out better

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

WE CAN USE THIS :byodood:
That can't be right. A rewrite would've compromised their vision and artistic integrity.

:v:

e:

Veotax posted:

So, instead of having him for every mission past Palavin, you would have him for the last two?

Maybe Thessia would've been earlier in the game.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
No, the Final Hours stuff says that the From Ashes mission was in there originally. Removing it just had some shockwave effects, the biggest being the end of that particular mission... which is easier to write out of since it's pretty late.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
While we're on the subject of DLC, are there any plans to release the CE content?

I NEED that N7 hoodie.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

While we're on the subject of DLC, are there any plans to release the CE content?

I NEED that N7 hoodie.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaks_%28Mass_Effect_3%29

Scroll down to 'Unlocking Casual Appearances'.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

WarLocke posted:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaks_%28Mass_Effect_3%29

Scroll down to 'Unlocking Casual Appearances'.

Haven't you heard? PC gaming is dead.

I'm on the 360.

fake edit: Seriously, though, I have it on the 360, so I'm out of luck in the "PC Tweaks" department. I think I had heard at some point that most of it would go on sale as DLC.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

Haven't you heard? PC gaming is dead.

I'm on the 360.

You have chosen... poorly. :science:

Sucks, man. :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does the robot dog even do?It's completely useless isn't it.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Kurtofan posted:

It walks around.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

It runs around and makes Shepard say "Good dog!".
And sometimes it sleeps.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

El Tortuga posted:

I think I had heard at some point that most of it would go on sale as DLC.

You heard wrong.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I don't seem them selling the dog that does absolutely nothing.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Ambiguatron posted:

You don't?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Ambiguatron posted:

I wouldn't be so sure given past experiences...

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Appearance_Pack

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How the gently caress do I buy From Ashes? I can't navigate Origin.
edit: I found it not at all in the place they said it would be. Christ.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

If you have ME3, open the details page, then there should be a "shop for add-ons" button.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Origin is really awfully designed in a lot of ways.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Those appearance packs did do something, they gave Jack a shirt.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

You could already get that by doing her loyalty mission.

Although that didn't fix her annoying flapping jacket, which bothered me far more than the nipstraps.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
And gave Miranda real armor.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

dwazegek posted:

If you have ME3, open the details page, then there should be a "shop for add-ons" button.
That's where I found it. Their website said the following:

quote:

From the Main Menu, choose “Downloadable Content” and follow the prompts to purchase the DLC in the Origin In Game overlay.

And now it fails every time it gets to order processing. Fantastic. :thumbsup:
edit: I had to go to their website and get the points there. On the plus side, 240 + 560 - 800 = 0, so that works out nicely.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 8, 2012

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

At least origin's DLC handling is a step up from ME2's :shepicide:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Zoran posted:

Thats the one. In every ME2 playthrough, pretty much the first thing to be done after getting onto the Normandy is equiping that costume. Sure, it may not confer any actual *effects*, but at the least it looks somewhat like something that could be worn in combat.

That said, neither of Miranda's 'base game' costumes will ever, *ever* top EDI's white outfit. Gynoid camel-toe :psyduck: Thats in a whole league by itself!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

magimix posted:

Gynoid camel-toe :psyduck:

Has anyone involved in producing the game said anything about this? Because really, what the gently caress.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Zoran posted:

And gave Garrus non-"battle-damage" armor.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

magimix posted:

That said, neither of Miranda's 'base game' costumes will ever, *ever* top EDI's white outfit. Gynoid camel-toe :psyduck: Thats in a whole league by itself!

Miranda had a camel-toe in ME2 too. I'm not sure whether that's as bad as giving EDI one, but it still pretty messed up.

edit:
Come to think of it, EDI's entire appearance is basically as ridiculous as Miranda's. Is it at all possible they just reused models or something?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

And grunt holo-braces. :whatup:

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

dwazegek posted:

Miranda had a camel-toe in ME2 too. I'm not sure whether that's as bad as giving EDI one, but it still pretty messed up.

edit:
Come to think of it, EDI's entire appearance is basically as ridiculous as Miranda's. Is it at all possible they just reused models or something?

Pretty much, they modified Miranda's outfit skin from 2 to make Edi's in 3 and you get Miranda's camel toe.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

magimix posted:

Thats the one. In every ME2 playthrough, pretty much the first thing to be done after getting onto the Normandy is equiping that costume. Sure, it may not confer any actual *effects*, but at the least it looks somewhat like something that could be worn in combat.

I just looked at a picture of that Miranda outfit and holy Christ it's so much loving better it's almost insulting. Also they... gave Thane shades? Whatever. Charging for appearance packs is bullshit anyway :colbert:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

dwazegek posted:

I don't remember that at all, to be honest. I'm sure I'd remember something like that if I'd noticed at some point. That said, Miranda's DLC costume has been available for so long know that its her proper appearance so far as I am concerned. When she shows up in ME3 I'm all like, 'Where is your combat armour?'.

By contrast, EDIs white-costume surprise... I remember it well. Grissom Academy - EDIs first outing in a shore-party. The white outfit looked kind of cool on the character screen. Then the first cutscene happened, and I reloaded to a save on the Normandy to change the costume.

Zedd posted:

And grunt holo-braces. :whatup:

Its the one thing that bugs me about pretty much all the DLC outfits; they are big on superfluous eye-wear.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

Pretty much, they modified Miranda's outfit skin from 2 to make Edi's in 3 and you get Miranda's camel toe.

I just used the 'nude' silver robot metal skin 'costume', shrug.

I did put Liara in some actual armor instead of that pleather labcoat thing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

My head canon is that since I always kept Miranda in her loyalty clothes as soon as she got it, her white tights were left on the Normandy and EDI decided to appropriate them (and Miranda bought another pair on the Citadel).

• Locked thread