Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bahanahab posted:

So I just realized that rogues get poisons. My rogue is level 63, and I have yet to even use one. Looks like I have alot of catching up to do with the make poison skill.

Poisons are ridiculous, like proc it a couple times and you'll pull aggro ridiculous. They do huge damage these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Dizz posted:

Does archery level up in the higher levels? it seems really expensive to make arrows at a low level to where I can spam them a lot to train it.

You could easily ignore archery if you wanted til level 59 when you get Endless Quiver, and catch it up then, archery would be particularly easy to afk to skill up on.

As for the lev / damage shield clicky you mentioned, there's a possibility the damage shield portion will conflict with self buffs you get later on. If lev is the part you really want, there is a nimbus that sells for $1 (100 SC) that has a lev effect I believe.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Shrapnac posted:

Edit: Those of you who transfered off of Test, were the GMs as dumb as it seems they are? This guy keeps giving me the same stock response about Test transfers a year ago. I asked him to turn it over to a lead GM, we'll see what happens.

Yes. I made "Please escalate this petition to a lead GM" my mantra, and even the lead GM said it wasn't possible until I pulled the "I know of people who have left test as recently as two months ago" card. Then suddenly it became, "Oh guess I can do that after all."

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Any mages on FV that can hook me up with some arrows? maybe even tell me how I can even learn languages too? becuase I don't understand anyone.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Yeah, I can do that for you. My mage is Tairy Greene on FV. Hit me up whenever you see me on and i'll make tons of worthless crap for you. I think my necro has some ranger twink stuff from a newbie event as well.

I can teach you some languages when you pick up some arrows. Basically everyone just uses elvish. Once you have a single point in any language you can spam text in that language to your merc to level it up.

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 9, 2012

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Feel free to add Bailang as well. I'm not a mage, but can teach you elvish.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Added you both. My Ranger's name is Alleria and I occasionally afk in PoK.

E: are there any low level weapon quests? I'd like to start skilling Dual Wield.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 9, 2012

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Firiona goons can send tells to Zanzabar, Minaj, Ahmad etc etc if you need help.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Just hit 61 and I am now ready to start my first AA grind as Shaman. Anyone know how many I should be looking at before I turn back to leveling again?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sgt Froggy posted:

Just hit 61 and I am now ready to start my first AA grind as Shaman. Anyone know how many I should be looking at before I turn back to leveling again?

Here's a start: source http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52

First:
Run 5
Mental Clarity 3
Cannibalization

First Part 2:
Level to 70.

Critical:
Spell Casting Mastery 3 (10% mana savings on all spells, all the time. Shaman are a lot of things, but no matter what, we're casting spells. This AA makes you 10% better at everything you do)

Critical Part 2:
If you haven't yet, level to 70. Then get

Call of the Wild (AA rez)

Next, core enhancements:
Nothing to say about these. Get them and don't sass me, boy.

Natural Durability 3
Combat Agility 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery

Break for utility good stuff:

Radiant Cure 1 (rank one is cheap and clears Tash / other minor things. further ranks are good, but good mostly if you're in the process of spending 46 more points to max it out. Just one rank for now.)

Virulent Paralysis 3

Mnemonic Retention (ninth spell gem. nuf said.)

Healing:
Quick Buff 2 (assuming you have a Spell Haste focus. Rank 3 is good, I have it, but many opt not to spend 9aa on it right away since the gains don't stack well with spell haste focus for the last rank)
Healing Adept 3
Advanced Healing Adept 3
Healing Adept Mastery 3
Healing Gift 3
Advanced Healing Gift 3
Healing Gift Mastery 3
Healing Boon 3
Ancestral Aid 3
Expansive Mind 5

Survivability:
Lightning Reflexes 5
Reflexive Mastery 5
Combat Stability 3
Innate Defense 5
Defensive Instincts 5
Spell Casting Subtlety 3
Swift Journey 2
Mystical Attuning 5
Channelling Focus 3

Damage AA:
Some damage AA you have already, without having thought about it. SCRM and Quick Buff are all the damage enhancement that Maw spells are going to get, and you already have those from way back

For our primary damage mode:
Critical Affliction 3
Improved Critical Affliction 3
Secondary Forte (Conjuration)

For our secondary (way secondary) damage mode:
AllthenukecritAAsIdon'tcareabout, rank 12

Raid AA:
These you'll get depending on how much you care about killing high end mobs with savage abilities that kill people:

Radiant Cure 3
Resplendent Cure 3
Hastened Curing 3
Mass Group Buff
Spiritual Channelling

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I've been wasting so much time by not using poisons on my rogue. I just went to the poison vendor, purchsed the vendor poison for my level, and joined my friend up for some leveling. I was level 63, and thought the poison might proc for 100 - 200 points of damage. Nope, first three hits of using the poison procced 3 times and each proc was for 2715 points of damage. Our SK could not pull agro, but that didn't matter due to the mob being dead after my next couple of procs. Those same mobs used to take forever to kill, but now they died so fast we were pulling further into the dungeon than we ever had.

To put it in perspective our level 60 wizard does 2100 damage with her best spell, that has about an 6 - 8 second cast time, and the level 60 rogue vendor poison procs for about 2700 damage.

Overall, I feel retarded for not getting my poisons going faster, but now that I know what a vendor poison is capable of I'm definitely going to get the craft up to par so I can make the good ones. Also, when does evade actually get good enough to be reliable? Right now I keep failing, but my hide skill is almost maxed out for my level.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dizz posted:

Does archery level up in the higher levels? it seems really expensive to make arrows at a low level to where I can spam them a lot to train it.

I just bought a shitload of plain 'ol arrows from the fletching vendor in Crescent Reach http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=22998 along with a bunch of quivers.

Lasted me all the way until Endless Quiver.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 9, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hexel posted:

Here's a start: source http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52

First:
Run 5
Mental Clarity 3
Cannibalization

First Part 2:
Level to 70.

Critical:
Spell Casting Mastery 3 (10% mana savings on all spells, all the time. Shaman are a lot of things, but no matter what, we're casting spells. This AA makes you 10% better at everything you do)

Critical Part 2:
If you haven't yet, level to 70. Then get

Call of the Wild (AA rez)

Next, core enhancements:
Nothing to say about these. Get them and don't sass me, boy.

Natural Durability 3
Combat Agility 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery

Break for utility good stuff:

Radiant Cure 1 (rank one is cheap and clears Tash / other minor things. further ranks are good, but good mostly if you're in the process of spending 46 more points to max it out. Just one rank for now.)

Virulent Paralysis 3

Mnemonic Retention (ninth spell gem. nuf said.)

Healing:
Quick Buff 2 (assuming you have a Spell Haste focus. Rank 3 is good, I have it, but many opt not to spend 9aa on it right away since the gains don't stack well with spell haste focus for the last rank)
Healing Adept 3
Advanced Healing Adept 3
Healing Adept Mastery 3
Healing Gift 3
Advanced Healing Gift 3
Healing Gift Mastery 3
Healing Boon 3
Ancestral Aid 3
Expansive Mind 5

Survivability:
Lightning Reflexes 5
Reflexive Mastery 5
Combat Stability 3
Innate Defense 5
Defensive Instincts 5
Spell Casting Subtlety 3
Swift Journey 2
Mystical Attuning 5
Channelling Focus 3

Damage AA:
Some damage AA you have already, without having thought about it. SCRM and Quick Buff are all the damage enhancement that Maw spells are going to get, and you already have those from way back

For our primary damage mode:
Critical Affliction 3
Improved Critical Affliction 3
Secondary Forte (Conjuration)

For our secondary (way secondary) damage mode:
AllthenukecritAAsIdon'tcareabout, rank 12

Raid AA:
These you'll get depending on how much you care about killing high end mobs with savage abilities that kill people:

Radiant Cure 3
Resplendent Cure 3
Hastened Curing 3
Mass Group Buff
Spiritual Channelling

Does anyone know of a necro AA guide? I'm level 58 now, so I'll need to get started on them soon.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

RCarr posted:

Does anyone know of a necro AA guide? I'm level 58 now, so I'll need to get started on them soon.

Here's an excellent Necro guide to start with:

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=10182

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

I just bought a shitload of plain 'ol arrows from the fletching vendor in Crescent Reach http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=22998 along with a bunch of quivers.

Lasted me all the way until Endless Quiver.

i was under the impression that arrows were expensive since the fletching materials to make them were pricey.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Just impromptu goon raided Fabled Agnarr and it was a blast. Wiped twice learning wtf was going on, then rocked his rear end in an epic 45 minute fight. Fun was had all around and both groups were full of some badass goons kicking the poo poo out of everything. Can't wait for our 70s crews to finish heading into the 80s so we can start doing some crazy poo poo :v:

For a miniraid mostly filled with fairly new players and people who haven't done anything other than easy group content in years, I'm really really happy with how great everyone did. Once we have a majority of goons in their 80s, I'll start up a night a week doing random raid-ish type poo poo for fun and profit. There's a whole bunch of older raid content we can rock the poo poo out of that will be new to most everyone.

You shamans max your heal AAs! No mercs in raids and Nico/Krin can't do it allllll. As of 88, shaman heals become awesome as gently caress

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
So far I am very glad that I have stuck with the sham. Despite some struggles here and there were it seemed way too slow to be worth it as a main I have gotten a better hand on it now that I have stopped trying to dot down the mobs and have instead swapped to just buffing that daylight out of merc and pet. Now that I have Can4 and that 2k heal to be efficient, life is so much easier.

Rcarr if you want to join me in game send Guygo a tell. Im too Jr to be more than a J4G at this point, but id be happy to run a harpy nest camp with you.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Sgt Froggy posted:

So far I am very glad that I have stuck with the sham. Despite some struggles here and there were it seemed way too slow to be worth it as a main I have gotten a better hand on it now that I have stopped trying to dot down the mobs and have instead swapped to just buffing that daylight out of merc and pet. Now that I have Can4 and that 2k heal to be efficient, life is so much easier.

Just you wait. I loved my shaman before, but since 86+ I am head over heels. My direct heal hits for 35k, got a fast cast group heal that hits for 25ish plus leaves a HoT on everyone, and another direct group heal based on current hp that sends my 55k tank from 10% to 90% in half a second. A slow that causes the mob to proc another HoT on the tank, and a tank buff that procs a slow and causes yet ANOTHER HoT on the tank. A direct HoT that crit ticks for 5 or 6k/tick. Multiple AA group HoTs that land for insane heals. Unlimited mana. Group proc that hits for 1100 now. Epic turns melee into blenders every 3 minutes plus, yep, another HoT. Battle Rez. Group Radiant Cure that removes drat near every negative effect from everyone in the group with one cast.

I spammed Kodaji and the group with heals for 45 minutes straight while Agnarr whopped me for 6k hits and never dropped below 50m until we were almost done and I said gently caress it and got lazy. I don't even bother with cleric mercs anymore in T3 zones. I liked the shaman clear through 85, but at 89 I am a healing monster of epic proportions. Shaman are unreal post 85 and anyone who is feeling remotely lackluster currently, stick with it until then. My cleric merc hangs her head in shame while I poo poo out tens of thousands in heals and watch my mana climb back up constantly

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dizz posted:

i was under the impression that arrows were expensive since the fletching materials to make them were pricey.

Not really, the most expensive arrows cost perhaps 5-10p per craft, but they start up extremely cheap, just like all other trade skills. The basic arrows cost mere coppers to craft:

CLASS 1 Wood Point Arrow

Skilling up fletching to a certain point is super easy and cheap. Remember to make your trophy when you're between 50 and 100 skill.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MrTheDevious posted:

Just impromptu goon raided Fabled Agnarr and it was a blast.

Dammit ><

You guys need to run stuff earlier! I know I would've been too low level to be useful, but I don't care hehe.

Anywhos, we explored v-mines last night, which ended up being a lot more fun than it should've been. We didn't know that you needed a key to go into the deeper area (well, Kirin did, but he didn't show up until later), but we managed to get a few keys, and just pulled through the wall. Which led to awesome stuff like 10 mobs coming to us, but one at a time. A lot of wonky pulls, but it was fun. No full wipes, although Neri had to evac a few times...

Also, we explored Valdeholm a couple of days ago. Holy poo poo, is it a rape fest in there. I loved it, haha. We were camping the guy who drops the throwing item pouch. There is no such thing as a "safe spot" in that zone. The area we were in had about 4 static spawns, then 20 roamers that all intermingle. I think if we had been our toes a little better, and communicated a little better, we'd have been fine. I still want to go back again before fabled is over, since supposedly even regular nameds pop more often.

What's up with all the awesome 70s dungeon being part of serpent's shrine? There's like 10 other expansions before that one that I thought would've had some good leveling spots too, but they seem empty, except for Greig's End and some PoP stuff.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

TSS introduced a new race so it was kind of an "all levels" expansion like kunark and luclin. It also seemed to realize people were tired of 1-60 so made it a fast-track to 70ish, and jacked up the plat/gear drops compared to older zones. The cap was raised to 75, so the 70s dungeons makes sense. It was one of the better expansions imo, since so much stuff later on ended up jacking up mob attack values to ridiculous levels or being high level exclusively. A lot of classes started being much more "modern" in how they played around TSS too.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 9, 2012

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I can find good info on all the classes I've tried, with the exception being the druid. Every aa guide I find for the druid I have to use google archives to read them, and most of them are very outdated.

Outside of the typical AA's that go for any healer in the game, is there anything specifically for the druid that people recommend getting as fast as possible?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pilsner posted:

Not really, the most expensive arrows cost perhaps 5-10p per craft, but they start up extremely cheap, just like all other trade skills. The basic arrows cost mere coppers to craft:

CLASS 1 Wood Point Arrow

Skilling up fletching to a certain point is super easy and cheap. Remember to make your trophy when you're between 50 and 100 skill.

Ah the reason it was expensive for me was because I was following the fletching guide that was linked in the OP. it was a freebie task that bumped it to 50+. the arows I was making were CLASS 1 Bone Point Arrows. the shafts were about 1.5p a stack.

Right now i'm more concerned with mercenary money so I most likely won't do more fletching until I have comfortable cash.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tolain posted:

TSS info

Well, that at least puts it into perspective. The TSS content still is super popular, and almost every zone in it is a hotzone. Works for me, as so far I've found the zones all fun and they look great too. I wish the team that did the models for it would go back and redo all the races.

I don't think I can hold back my "go check out all the zones I missed" urges any longer. I'm going to group up when stuff is happening, but by-level I'm already way past over half the game, based purely on level (I know that doesn't mean I can waltz through it all, but still).

I can just FD my way through most poo poo, and I will, but some stuff I might want to kill some along the way. What's the formula for determining when stuff goes from light blue to green? I don't want to go exploring when everything is all green and grey. I know some poo poo, like The Warrens, will be, but oh well.

It's gonna be tough to find everything, and I doubt I ever will. So many instances and monster missions seem to be hidden all over the place.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
Apparently I am bad at google - is there any way to play EQ on a macbook pro(non EQ Mac version)? My wife wanted to activate her old 2003-era account again and mess around now that it is F2P.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I was thinking about starting an alt to my necro and was considering either Rogue or Monk. Are rogues completely unable to solo for xp/aa? I think monks are pretty good at it correct? Also, are monks capable group tanks at high levels?

I kind of like the idea of playing a rogue but don't want to be forced to find a group just to get some aa at higher levels. I keep hearing about rogue poisons... does anyone know a guide to the ones that are creatable? I was hoping it would be in the allakhazam rogue spell/skill list but it isn't.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pretty_Llama posted:

Apparently I am bad at google - is there any way to play EQ on a macbook pro(non EQ Mac version)?

Bootcamp? =/

Vomik posted:

I was thinking about starting an alt to my necro and was considering either Rogue or Monk. Are rogues completely unable to solo for xp/aa? I think monks are pretty good at it correct? Also, are monks capable group tanks at high levels?

I kind of like the idea of playing a rogue but don't want to be forced to find a group just to get some aa at higher levels. I keep hearing about rogue poisons... does anyone know a guide to the ones that are creatable? I was hoping it would be in the allakhazam rogue spell/skill list but it isn't.

Rogues get assassinate in late 70s or something. It basically one shots a humanoid mob, as long as they're turned around. So as long as your merc has aggro, you should be good. The mob has to be a lot lower than the rogue, but you'll still be getting exp (and a ton of it). If you're dual-boxing rogue/necro, you'll have 2 mercs too, you'll be able to do stuff without being dependent on other people. But grouping with humans is much more fun than boxing or using mercs!

As for monks, I can solo light blue stuff typically, but depending on what I'm fighting, worst case I molo it. I'm finding that molo'ing light blues with a rogue merc and using heal potions to be the most efficient. I can't speak for super high-levels, but typically, monks have always been able to tank in a pinch. Not as good as a warrior / sk / etc by any means, but they're servicable, but more of a mana sponge.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Google crossover+everquest. There's a pretty recent link on the crossover website in how to get pc eq to run. Its what im doing now.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

:siren:

GM is going to disband the guild in about 24 hours from posting this. Here's a chatlog:

quote:

[Mon Apr 09 23:14:58 2012] Technite says, 'Do you all have guild bank access?'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:06 2012] You say, 'hmm I'm not sure really'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:19 2012] You say, 'why?'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:25 2012] Technite says, 'Well you guild is going to be disbanded so the bank needs to be cleared out if you guys want to keep those items.'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:32 2012] Taking a screenshot...
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:34 2012] Technite says, 'Sorry for the trouble but the name was reported.'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:40 2012] Technite says, 'And is in violation of our policies.'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:41 2012] You say, 'oh :('
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:46 2012] You say, 'can't you rename it?'
[Mon Apr 09 23:15:59 2012] Technite says, 'We no longer have the ability to do that. It breaks things for the guilds.'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:04 2012] You say, 'I see'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:05 2012] Technite says, 'I wish we could..'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:15 2012] You say, 'can you give us a day to sort it out?'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:22 2012] Technite says, 'I will give you guys 24 hours.'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:26 2012] Technite says, 'I'll check back tomorrow.'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:34 2012] You say, 'okay'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:40 2012] You say, 'will it just be disbanded out of the blue then?'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:41 2012] Technite says, 'Thank you for your understand. Take care!'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:46 2012] Taking a screenshot...
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:51 2012] Technite says, 'Well yes pretty much'
[Mon Apr 09 23:16:54 2012] You say, 'ok'
[Mon Apr 09 23:17:14 2012] Technite says, 'If you'd like to do that yourself feel free, otherwise I'll check back tomorrow evening.'
As you can see, the guild bank will be nuked if we don't clear it out, and I guess we need to swoop up all items in the guild hall as well and will lose that.

I don't give a poo poo what the guild is called, but just name it something non-stupid and non-reportable so we can just play.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 9, 2012

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Third guild name for the EQ guild in what, a month or two? Yay!

What should we rename it? Oh gently caress it, I'm joining GUILD HARMONY RESTORED! Okay, not really.

So, who thinks Nero, or one of the early defectors (like the person who emptied our original guild bank) reported it?

Edit: But seriously, I don't really care what it's called either. Just don't want to have to move out 200 bank items again. <What> in honor of EQ2, <Ye Olde Goon Squad> as a classic, back to what you guys were on test, what was it? <Pants Without Goons>? There's the one I came up with for some friends a long time ago in WoW - <Wench Hath Spoken Thusly> (totally RP version of "that's what she said").

But yeah, I don't really care.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 9, 2012

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
<Motivating Latin Words>

<Thesaurus Wizards>

<Ascending Censorship>

<Dazzling Goatse>

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
Also on offer, I already have a guild called <Extenuating Circumstances>, which pretty well describes every excuse we use for the retarded poo poo we do. It's just where I have my alts stuck, so free for use. Fair chunk of random gear in the guild bank people'd be welcome to.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Please just make it something short, not "over the top" gimmicky, and not something that is going to be banned again.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
<Goons Gone Wild>

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Ominous Latin Words is still my vote

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

<Ascending Angles>

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

<Ascending Crushbone>

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
<Clan Banhammer>

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Beo posted:

+1

Ascending Angles is really funny too, but could be subject to GMs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Beo posted:

This. 100% this. it's non-offensive, funny, and shouldn't violate naming policy.