Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
A vote for A is a vote for shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The Arkhab Legions preparing for a counterattack against the Horses under the new command of the Draconis Suns? And Operation Bulldog going off? Of, this is going to be fun...

Also, what do you bet that the news that the Snow Ravens just received was the existence of the New Rim Worlds Republic. They and their allies will likely drop everything to go after them, even if they're all the way across the Inner Sphere.

As for the vote, gonna go with A. Morgan Hasek is coming, and he's going to hit the Capellan Confederation hard. Best shore yourself up for those attacks...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Voting A, it looks fun.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Political Vote 10:

Gotta go with C - it's just batshit enough for Romana, and it'll give the Mariks time to recover and maybe make some gains.

Plus, Maximum Chaos.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Marik's not all that far from the Capellan Confederation's borders.

Three jumps, I thought, plus its cities are all built like bunkers so sieges are even harder.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Voting C - when has Romano ever done anything sensible like 'consolidate'?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

C I played as Marik in that old MPBT Online 3025, I don't want them to die :(

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
B Lets see the Mariks collapse and have a few new factions arise! (Andurians this is your time)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
So for the people who understand the situation, which one is most likely to bone the Cappies and help the free worlds league?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

So for the people who understand the situation, which one is most likely to bone the Cappies and help the free worlds league?

Looks like you want the third option, but I'm just kinda voting at random here because I don't have any real personal stake in what the results are. :v: I like hatchets. I like Battlemasters. I like Clan Ghost Bear. Beyond that, I'm easy to please.

B! Let one last cry of "NO, YOU SHUT UP" ring out into the cosmos before falling silent.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Axe-man posted:

B Lets see the Mariks collapse and have a few new factions arise! (Andurians this is your time)

Bah, try Regulans. They get poo poo DONE.

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
B If the Capellans don't march all the way to Atreus the FWL will just regroup and take back all the territory they've lost.

Also, it's not like the Duchy of New Syrtis is going to walk in the back door that's been left open. I mean that would be crazy!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Three jumps, I thought, plus its cities are all built like bunkers so sieges are even harder.

Duncan's been faffing about.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
C, because two front wars are fun!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

C I played as Marik in that old MPBT Online 3025, I don't want them to die :(

I doubt they'll die under B. B is setting up for New Syrtis to come in and gently caress the Cappies in the rear end while they're trying too hard to end the Mariks.

B

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

A is for Arkab, who are awesome.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

For Chaos!

(C)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
C

I hope they all die.

However, the Arkhab Legion guys sound like my kind of people.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

dis astranagant posted:

I doubt they'll die under B. B is setting up for New Syrtis to come in and gently caress the Cappies in the rear end while they're trying too hard to end the Mariks.

It depends. If the final push goes exceptionally well, they might wind up wiping out the FWL and reorganizing before New Syrtis can strike.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

KnoxZone posted:

B: Don't stop until the Mariks are just a bad memory!

Death to Marik! Fix the timeline!!

B

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
C

They Duchy has no friends and what could House Marik do? Counter-attack? Psh.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Atreus falls, the rest of the FWL surrenders to the Free Draconis Suns.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Voting for B

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
A vote for B is a vote for the Free Worlds League's darkest hour, gentlemen. This is a win-win for everybody. Think of it this way:

A) The Capellans will gear up for an assault on what remains of the FWL military. This means battles. This means really, really interesting battles. Imagine another Luthien, but on the defending side, or storming a fortified position as the dirty Capellans! It's by far the most fun thing that could come out of this.
B) It shakes things up. No sense in playing it safe, after all - if the Free Worlds League is crushed, then we'll see something that AFAICT never happened in the official Battletech universe, which is the consolidation of powers (Lyran-FedSuns alliance notwithstanding). Conversely, if this attack flops, we'll get to see Justin Xiang with his back against the wall, and someone like him is most dangerous (and interesting) in that kind of situation.
C) It's going to be badass. Either a major war hero or three emerge for the FWL to turn the tide against the seemingly-unstoppable Confederation, or Justin and Romano are forced to perform a brilliant counter-maneuver when New Syrtis takes advantage of their distraction, or the Duchy can take advantage of the focus on the FWL to pull off a daring gambit and become a greater power, against all expectations.

Given all these factors, I think the choice is clear. Vote B, and see what surprises PTN has in store for us!

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
I'm... voting for A.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
A

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A. Listen to the scary man in black.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I don't care so I rolled a die and it came up 18. Going by 3's that ends up being C.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B Marik's darkest hour? More like its finest. We'll crush their armies against our castle walls. :smug:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
A, because Justin Xiang can do no wrong.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Terrifying Effigies posted:

when has Romano ever done anything sensible like 'consolidate'?

In the canon timeline? That's what her entire tenure as the leader of the Capellan Confederation was. Consolidation.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Abandon a winning war? Never! It is divinely ordained that Liao bloodline will rule the Inner Sphere. This is but the first step on that road.

B

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
A The Duchy will know fear!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

paragon1 posted:

B Marik's darkest hour? More like its finest. We'll crush their armies against our castle walls. :smug:

Right on buddy! :black101:

B!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
C

Distract Hanse a bit, to take some pressure off of the clans. Romano would probably add her little bit to Justin's plan, anyways.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Gonna go with A. Fortify. Strengthen borders. Thunder LRMs. Minefields. Build walls and stab Haseks in the eye.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Duncan's been faffing about.

The FWL just can't win no matter who's in charge, I guess.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

The FWL just can't win no matter who's in charge, I guess.

You don't know the half of it; but you may be surprised. It depends on how the voting goes.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Voting C. Who dares, wins.

Also, since we're already starting Operation: Bulldog, does that mean we're not going to have a Battle of Tukayyid or something analogous to it? I mean, Tukayyid was always kind of a stupid deus ex machina in the canon, but it's such an enormous and epic event that it's hard not to want to see it unfold in this timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
C for hopes of chaos!

• Locked thread