Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Jackdaw Zero posted:

Wait for it.

Reminded me of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

cloudchamber posted:

Please tell me it's some visual illusion and the bridge is only 10 feet over a tiny creek.

Anyone have the picture of the 2 antenna maintenance guys that are working on a really tall skyscraper? The camera is above them and looking straight down.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cloudchamber posted:

Thanks to the internet, we can all clench our arseholes a little bit tighter.

The Aizhai Tunnel to Tunnel suspension bridge in Hunan Province, China.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Liku posted:

Please tell me it's some visual illusion and the bridge is only 10 feet over a tiny creek.

Anyone have the picture of the 2 antenna maintenance guys that are working on a really tall skyscraper? The camera is above them and looking straight down.

This made my palms sweat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvCuc1_mgM&list=FLreyoQYgpEy2D0Er4fL-5hQ&index=51&feature=plpp_video

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't watch this video without my palms sweating up; everyone I've ever showed this too had the same reaction: "gently caress that."

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Liku posted:

I can't watch this video without my palms sweating up; everyone I've ever showed this too had the same reaction: "gently caress that."

The worst part is when he climbs off the goddamn ladder and onto the frame.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Oh god, that video made my balls rush inside me like a frightened hermit crab into its shell.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Really? I wouldn't want that guy's job but just watching it isn't that bad, kinda boring if anything.

From your reactions I was expecting some sort of insane horror.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
I actually love that video. I find it exhilarating. I'd try out for that job, but I don't think I'd be able to climb as fast as him. Also I don't like the bits where he hooks on but it's not onto a loop it's on to an open ended strut so the carabiner could just hop off the end.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yep. I think there's one from the same outfit where a guy climbs an antenna in top of a skyscraper earlier in this thread. That one I remember the narrator pooh-poohing clipping on while climbing in a pretty smug fashion, saying something about OSHA SAYS IT'S OK AND YOU GO SO MUCH FASTER!!! All it takes is one good gust, though. :ohdear:

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Thanks to the internet, we can all clench our arseholes a little bit tighter.

The Aizhai Tunnel to Tunnel suspension bridge in Hunan Province, China.

Jesus. Nevermind working on it, I don't think I could even drive over that bridge without a mild panic attack.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Really? I wouldn't want that guy's job but just watching it isn't that bad, kinda boring if anything.

From your reactions I was expecting some sort of insane horror.

It's like a couple dozen pages back with the spiders. Some people don't have a problem with heights, others (like me) start hyperventilating when they get more than 15 feet off the ground and there's a chance (however remote) that they could fall.

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat
Spooky audio:

I was looking for a video on powerline maintenance and came across this: Whistles of Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Nk6FnNxDU
From the description:
This slideshow is based on the article published by Associated Press on the Aztec "Whistles of Death". Archaeologists call attention to another aspect of the Aztec culture, besides their ruins and artifacts, their sounds. These sounds were important in their religious ceremonies, to help the death to travel to the underworld, or to alter the consciousness.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Canadian PSAs about work safety terrify me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noFCekWiUGE
It's also worth pointing out that this aired on commercial breaks during children's shows.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

the tower would bend over because of there massive balls
Deadskill5 1 week ago 6

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
guy: "Dang girl, you so fine. You must be an angel, 'cause you look like you fell from heaven."
girl: *runs away screaming, thinking about how high heaven probably is and how far a drop it would be to the ground*

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
:cry: Doesn't even come close to this. :cry:
This man is essentially falling down a mountain in an incredibly coordinated way. He has like, 50 videos of this.

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

snucks posted:

This man is essentially falling down a mountain in an incredibly coordinated way. He has like, 50 videos of this.

I would definitely kill myself if I attempted this, yeah, but this actually looks fun as hell. I would be all over that if I had the ability.

That kind of reminds me of a much rougher version of speedflying, something that also looks awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWLnaME0CI

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Celery Face posted:

Canadian PSAs about work safety terrify me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noFCekWiUGE
It's also worth pointing out that this aired on commercial breaks during children's shows.

I completely forgot about this, god drat that's horrifying.

snucks posted:

Due to the video I have no sense of how high he is or the grade of any of of the inclines he's going down, smashing into rocks doesn't scare me as much as heights though.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

A Child's Letter posted:

"Run, run, run as fast you can..."

I don't know if I was a kid whether I would be amused or absolutely horrified.

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster
"Mommy, why is Kevin Murphy in blackface?"

Edit for content:

I got Doom II and the Master Levels when I was probably too young to be playing them, and had this poster even though it scared the poo poo out of me then:

I still have it in the box somewhere, along with the collector's edition poster of the first game's box art. I need to find them and frame them.

Fell has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Apr 11, 2012

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Gary Oldman can play any role, can't he? Hell, even The Corinthian!

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

eithedog posted:

We never did see anyone perform the Cardassian neck trick :mad:

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

SlightButSteady posted:

Spooky audio:

I was looking for a video on powerline maintenance and came across this: Whistles of Death
From the description:
This slideshow is based on the article published by Associated Press on the Aztec "Whistles of Death". Archaeologists call attention to another aspect of the Aztec culture, besides their ruins and artifacts, their sounds. These sounds were important in their religious ceremonies, to help the death to travel to the underworld, or to alter the consciousness.

I love how the first one starts to try and play a beat

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

I'm doing orientation for that job this weekend! Wish me luck!

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Oh, gently caress no!

I think my balls have pulled up so far they've taken up residence where my tonsils used to be.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Christoph posted:

That's wicked. Post a thread in A/T when you've done the climb a few times.
Also, good luck!

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Effingham posted:

Oh, gently caress no!

I think my balls have pulled up so far they've taken up residence where my tonsils used to be.

That video made my balls draw up so far they edged my brain out of my skull and now my balls are my brain and all I can think about is naked women shooting cars with machine guns that fire chainsaws.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Christoph posted:

If we don't see any more posts from you, we'll know why.

Just for the record, where do we send the flowers?

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

SlightButSteady posted:

Spooky audio:

From the description:

This guy makes and sells authentic whistles through youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whf_BsNZcCM

I know he does a good job because I have two of them and they are TERRIFYING. I keep them hidden away until Halloween and then I hide the bushes in front of my house and play them. I've had whole families just scurry right on past my house. I've had kids actually cry real tears of fear. I've had cars stop and people get out and look around for the cause of the sound. I mentioned that I had these whistles to the director of Museo De Las Americas in Denver and she was PISSED that I would every blow one citing their sacred nature.

Really; buy one from that guy, they are unreal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Christoph posted:

Please film your first climb if they allow it.

ChlamydiaJones posted:

This guy makes and sells authentic whistles through youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whf_BsNZcCM

I know he does a good job because I have two of them and they are TERRIFYING. I keep them hidden away until Halloween and then I hide the bushes in front of my house and play them. I've had whole families just scurry right on past my house. I've had kids actually cry real tears of fear. I've had cars stop and people get out and look around for the cause of the sound. I mentioned that I had these whistles to the director of Museo De Las Americas in Denver and she was PISSED that I would every blow one citing their sacred nature.

Really; buy one from that guy, they are unreal.

Holy poo poo that's awesome, probably going to get one from that dude.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
edit : Nm

goobernloveslave
Apr 29, 2009

your stuff better be gone in the morning
Not a picture, but creepy nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OACC_HYvew

old medical footage creeps me out anyways, but the audio, and what the patient is doing (a behavior called waxy flexibility that some catatonic schizophrenics exhibit) just makes it that much worse.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

There's a pic thread in the paranormal/conspiracy subforum.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3478077

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are people in that thread joking or do they all really believe in ghosts?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

RCarr posted:

The forum was an offshoot from something in FYAD. So yes, they really believe in ghosts.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RCarr posted:

It's just a themed FYAD lite pretty much.

Gordong Dongbay has a new favorite as of 18:35 on Apr 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canis minor
May 4, 2011

can we stay here? :ohdear:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/Xpcse.jpg

• Locked thread