Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Peechka posted:

Yeah I agree, but some of those AA lines you can literally spend 100s of AAs on. And some work in a way that the first few ranks show little to no improvement but the cumulative total after getting all of them in that line does. I agree that its no big deal if you spend them wrong but they should make the overall system a bit more intuitive.

Again, a stat sheet would be nice, where you can see the effects of your AA in a numerical value.

This is very true. There are a LOT of deceptively bad, and a few deceptively great, AA that you wouldn't know from the description.

Most classes do have guides out there, they're just hard to find and sometimes outdated regarding AA names. The best place to find them is unofficial class forums, which you'll have to dig around in. I don't know all of them, but here are the ones I remember:

SK - Evilgamer (AMAZING, still active site with everything you ever wanted to know)
Monk - Monkly Business
Bard - The Concert Hall
Ranger - EQ Outrider
Rogue - Safehouse
Warrior - Steel Warrior
Shaman/Paladin - Samanna
Necro - Necrotalk
Berserker - Goberserker
Mages - EQ Mage Tower
Wizard - Graffe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Do a bit of research, find out if your class has a message board. If you're luckly enough to have one of the 3 active boards, there's probably some kind of recentish guide. Otherwise there might be a serverwide clasds chat channel that you can join to ask questions. Check the official forum's class section to see if there's anything useful there. And you can always do a "/ all 95 class" and see if any of them don't mind answering some questions from a newb.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Shrapnac posted:

"We are no longer offering transfers off of Test server under any circumstances."

That's what I got from a lead GM. Time to find out what circumstances changed in the past month.

Hahah we goon rushed them into anger :goon:

Sucks though for you :(

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Peechka posted:

So I dont really understand why people still refuse to use mercs. I see this all the time in the open world zones and inside of dungeons. And Im not taking a full group, obviously in a full group you dont need them, but someone soloing or a duo, boxing? Why not use them?? We have been grinding AA in Vergalid for the past 2 weeks and we see this all the time. One person told us that mercs give an exp hit if you have them. But even so the efficiency skyrockets so much having them that even with the exp hit Im sure its twice as good as without. Especially for a duo or more so you can get the tank and healer merc. I saw one duo run past our group without mercs and the further we made it in we saw the same duo dead.

Stuff in vegalid can't even scratch my monk and I kill it so fast (faster than the stuff I want to kill respawns) that I don't think its worth the exp hit. I don't have an extra slot so I can't just bust out a wizard/rogue when I want. So if I dont need a healer/tank, I dont use a merc.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
It's coming down to the wire for the Mech Guardian anniversary event. I got the aug already, and I have completed every single step for that backpack mount except for a steam capacitor. I've been there for many days now, and nothing has been dropping it. I'm going to be pissed to have that stuck in my quest log forever.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I just found out that rogues can craft poisons that other classes can use. If you're a tank get Scorpion's Agony. It's a proc that has a direct damage component and a hate component that will give you extra agro. It's very nice, and it has turned my warrior into an agro machine. It's now something I'll always carry around in my potion belt as a tank.

Also, every melee class should be using spider's bite poison's. Just get the version that is for your level range, and you'll be set. The level 65 version procs for 1500 poitns of damage.

Bahanahab fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 11, 2012

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Changed the guild name in the OP yet again - it is now <Ominous Latin Words>, same rules as before.

jetz0r posted:

Do a bit of research, find out if your class has a message board.

I linked all class boards plus many more sites in the last part of my OP.

For those lacking google skills, remember that you can search through a forum or site (with varying effectiveness depending on the forum) by doing stuff like this:

"veteran's wrath site:monkly-business.net"

or for example a search on the official forums:

"combat stability site:forums.station.sony.com/eq/"

On some forums, this is much easier and better than using the built-in search (the one on the official forums for example is horrible), but some forums will give better results if their search feature isn't crap.

You pretty much have to do this for every AA you consider. Part annoying, part some of the charm of EQ, since all info being distilled and spoiled kinda makes it meaningless anyway. :) And as also posted, saving up 9 or 12 AA and hitting the "Can Purchase" button is a great filter in most situations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Bahanahab posted:

Also, every melee class should be using spider's bite poison's. Just get the version that is for your level range, and you'll be set. The level 65 version procs for 1500 poitns of damage.

Just for other melee like myself - Zorl (I don't know if that's you or not, btw) gave me some of those the other day. They're awesome, and according to him, cheap to make. You just need a certain type of the poison drops. Usually they'll read something like "Refined AA Venom" or something. They'll always have that "A" or "AA" type stuff in the name. I'd recommend just saving them up and throwing them all at a rogue next you see one. The buff lasts for a very long time, and 60 procs - whichever comes first (which is always the proc amount first, as long as you're fighting).

Pilsner posted:

You pretty much have to do this for every AA you consider. Part annoying, part some of the charm of EQ, since all info being distilled and spoiled kinda makes it meaningless anyway. :) And as also posted, saving up 9 or 12 AA and hitting the "Can Purchase" button is a great filter in most situations.

Heh, I go back and forth on this. Being a bit lost and unsure makes a game much more interesting on a lot of levels. Then again, I hate dumping AA into something that's crap, even if it's not the end of the world (not like you can't get more AA).

I had an impromptu "explore Dragons of Norrath content" night last night. A lot of very cool zones, I thought. Started off with just checking out the new Highpass Hold actually, then it dawned on me that the Commonlands were merged, then found that there's an actual SolC (neat zone! that loving huge spider scared the poo poo out of me! and a raid boss in there too!). From there went into the DoN stuff, exploring every nook and cranny. I might fight my way to the top of the Ascent some night (instead of just FD'ing my way), and I also left the Nest and Isles zones mostly unexplored, as they were full of lb/db mobs for me to get exp on.

It's a later expansion though, I might should back up a bit first hehe. So much content in this game to check out.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

xZAOx posted:

Just for other melee like myself - Zorl (I don't know if that's you or not, btw) gave me some of those the other day. They're awesome, and according to him, cheap to make. You just need a certain type of the poison drops. Usually they'll read something like "Refined AA Venom" or something. They'll always have that "A" or "AA" type stuff in the name. I'd recommend just saving them up and throwing them all at a rogue next you see one. The buff lasts for a very long time, and 60 procs - whichever comes first (which is always the proc amount first, as long as you're fighting).

Heh, I go back and forth on this. Being a bit lost and unsure makes a game much more interesting on a lot of levels. Then again, I hate dumping AA into something that's crap, even if it's not the end of the world (not like you can't get more AA).

I had an impromptu "explore Dragons of Norrath content" night last night. A lot of very cool zones, I thought. Started off with just checking out the new Highpass Hold actually, then it dawned on me that the Commonlands were merged, then found that there's an actual SolC (neat zone! that loving huge spider scared the poo poo out of me! and a raid boss in there too!). From there went into the DoN stuff, exploring every nook and cranny. I might fight my way to the top of the Ascent some night (instead of just FD'ing my way), and I also left the Nest and Isles zones mostly unexplored, as they were full of lb/db mobs for me to get exp on.

It's a later expansion though, I might should back up a bit first hehe. So much content in this game to check out.

DoN was a great expansion. Lots of missions with a currency vendor ala LDoN, fantastic Asian art design to the zones, character progression that was useful to everyone, and while there were only a few dragons for raiders (with some smaller raids including the aforementioned progression), the final dragon was brutal as gently caress at level 70 and you really felt good about yourself and your guild when you took him down.

Have a good time exploring it :)

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bahanahab posted:

I just found out that rogues can craft poisons that other classes can use. If you're a tank get Scorpion's Agony. It's a proc that has a direct damage component and a hate component that will give you extra agro. It's very nice, and it has turned my warrior into an agro machine. It's now something I'll always carry around in my potion belt as a tank.

I'm curious, does the poison work if you have no weapons equipped? I'm currently just using my fists since the defiants around lvl 60 are worse ratio, but a dps bump wouldn't hurt. Also coating your bare fists with poison and hitting things is pretty metal.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The poisons are just a proc buff, so they'll fire off of any type of melee swings.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
I'm thinking of adding another class to my little bot group, and would like opinions.

I currently have:
Warrior
Cleric
Enchanter
Ranger

I'd honestly like a leather class so the leather defiant stuff doesn't go to waste, but I'm bad at managing nuke agro so druid is eh and I'm not sure how much I like the utility of a beastlord when I already have slow/snare. Monk would be okay I guess for additional DPS and split pulling, but doesn't seem like they bring much else and with enchanter its usually easier to just bring everything.

I'd really, really like to add a bard, but 3x plate makes me wary, unless gear at 80+ isn't quite so bad as the current hoping for lots of plate (and getting leather) is.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hoohah posted:

I'm thinking of adding another class to my little bot group, and would like opinions.

I currently have:
Warrior
Cleric
Enchanter
Ranger

I'd honestly like a leather class so the leather defiant stuff doesn't go to waste, but I'm bad at managing nuke agro so druid is eh and I'm not sure how much I like the utility of a beastlord when I already have slow/snare. Monk would be okay I guess for additional DPS and split pulling, but doesn't seem like they bring much else and with enchanter its usually easier to just bring everything.

I'd really, really like to add a bard, but 3x plate makes me wary, unless gear at 80+ isn't quite so bad as the current hoping for lots of plate (and getting leather) is.

I'd say druid is by far your best bet. Nukes, heals, ports, and boatloads of utility. Nuke aggro is a non-factor.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Hoohah posted:

I currently have:
Warrior
Cleric
Enchanter
Ranger

First thing I would suggest is for you to take another look at your cleric. They're amazing healers, yes, but their utility is 0. Both the shaman and the druid become amazing healers in their 80's, and they both get heals that proc from something else they do. Shaman's get a slow that procs a hot, and druids get a direct damage spell that procs a heal on whoever the mob is targeting. Both of these will help you out while boxing, because it increase the actions you can do per keystroke. The only downside is until the 80's you're going to have a harder time healing your group than a cleric will, but once you hit the 80's things change drastically.

The other benefit of changing your cleric to a shaman or druid is you get rid of the 3x plate problem, and can easily fit in a bard. So, you could then put whatever you want in that last spot, and not be confined to leather only. Wizards are very good dps for very easy boxing. In game just make a macro that assists and casts their biggest damage spell 3 - 4 times. What you pick for that last spot would really determine what healer you go with, because a shaman is better for melee and a druid is better for spell casters. So, if you go melee, pick a monk and go with a shaman. If you go druid then pick a wizard or mage.

I have not hit max level, but these tips are based on what others have been telling me since I got back into EQ. Druid is now my main based solely on the amazing healing potential they get in the 80's, and here's a post from someone about how amazing shaman's are in their 80's:

MrTheDevious posted:

Just you wait. I loved my shaman before, but since 86+ I am head over heels. My direct heal hits for 35k, got a fast cast group heal that hits for 25ish plus leaves a HoT on everyone, and another direct group heal based on current hp that sends my 55k tank from 10% to 90% in half a second. A slow that causes the mob to proc another HoT on the tank, and a tank buff that procs a slow and causes yet ANOTHER HoT on the tank. A direct HoT that crit ticks for 5 or 6k/tick. Multiple AA group HoTs that land for insane heals. Unlimited mana. Group proc that hits for 1100 now. Epic turns melee into blenders every 3 minutes plus, yep, another HoT. Battle Rez. Group Radiant Cure that removes drat near every negative effect from everyone in the group with one cast.

I spammed Kodaji and the group with heals for 45 minutes straight while Agnarr whopped me for 6k hits and never dropped below 50m until we were almost done and I said gently caress it and got lazy. I don't even bother with cleric mercs anymore in T3 zones. I liked the shaman clear through 85, but at 89 I am a healing monster of epic proportions. Shaman are unreal post 85 and anyone who is feeling remotely lackluster currently, stick with it until then. My cleric merc hangs her head in shame while I poo poo out tens of thousands in heals and watch my mana climb back up constantly

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Thanks for the recommendations, but I really like and have always liked Cleric. I'm more than likely not going to drop it.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

Thanks for the recommendations, but I really like and have always liked Cleric. I'm more than likely not going to drop it.

Enjoying a class is definitely the number one reason to ever play one :3

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Bahanahab posted:

What you pick for that last spot would really determine what healer you go with, because a shaman is better for melee and a druid is better for spell casters. So, if you go melee, pick a monk and go with a shaman. If you go druid then pick a wizard or mage.

Also since you've got an Enchanter, you'll have Mana storm and Mana Reiteration (caster equivalents of a Shaman's panther line and epic click) to go with your caster nukes.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alright, my goon buddy and I rolled on Luclin last night as an enchanter and monk. We're currently in the tutorial getting everything done. I've played on and off for years, but this is my friend's first time legitimately playing, so I'm excited for him. Some guy in the tutorial was handing out plat, so we have 250pp now to spend on spells, skills, and merc upkeep for a while. We'll be getting into the goon guild sometime soon, but anything we should know about our specific situation that might make things smoother or more fun for us? Also, solid OP, has helped a lot, even if I thought I was already a pro EQ player.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Looks like Wizard it is, thanks!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Once you get up to HoT armor at 80, all the visible armor just drops as a slot piece. So you get an Arms pieces that can be made for any class.

Non-visible armor is broken down slightly randomly by either archetype, armor-type, or something weird like all wis casting classes. Meaning you'll be able to get Tank shoulders for your warrior and Priest shoulders for your cleric.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
For anyone wanting to know what mats you need for poisons:

http://www.terror-australis.com/upload/Jonkiley/Poison%20Table.html

If you're a non-rogue scroll down to the DPS - ALL section and it will tell you everything you need. Just grab a ton of those, find a rogue with the skill to make your level of it, and beg them to make it.

Unfortunately, my rogue is stuck on the level 45 version of those, because the next items to make require baking and brewing in the mid 100's for the subcombines. Once I get this skill maxed out, I'll be able to make these for anyone on Luclin.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Patch up.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29492

Highlights:

quote:

- Destrea Kinmare in the Plane of Knowledge needs your help to stop the cruel experimentation that is underway within The Hatchery. Completing this mission provides a health and mana boost to the Dragonscale Skystrider Mount, which can be purchased in the Marketplace.

- Modified the functionality of prestige items so that armor or weapons with prestige augments inserted do not become prestige.

- Made numerous changes to Tier 3 and Tier 4 Veil of Alaris raids.

- Most items with activated spell effects can now be triggered from within your inventory.

- Maxed tradeskill trophies now produce a 24 slot tradeskill component bag in addition to the 12 slot general carry-all.

- You can now create an Extraplanar Trade Satchel using Extraplanar Silk.

- Reduced the number of players required to experience several older raid events.

- Secalna Galnor can now send you to the tutorial if you are level 10 or lower.

- Corrected an issue where players who had completed non-repeatable tasks in the past were not receiving achievement credit. This should clear up many issues where players were unable to complete the Hero's Journey meta-achievements.

- You can now ask Arias to send you to a different instance of the second Tutorial zone, if the initial instance is too full and another one is available. Just tell him that you [wish] to go.

Bahanahab posted:

For anyone wanting to know what mats you need for poisons:

http://www.terror-australis.com/upload/Jonkiley/Poison%20Table.html

If you're a non-rogue scroll down to the DPS - ALL section and it will tell you everything you need. Just grab a ton of those, find a rogue with the skill to make your level of it, and beg them to make it.

Unfortunately, my rogue is stuck on the level 45 version of those, because the next items to make require baking and brewing in the mid 100's for the subcombines. Once I get this skill maxed out, I'll be able to make these for anyone on Luclin.

Nice link. I used the Scorpion's poisons for a while, but they become expensive at the baz at higher levels. I think I'll start saving Nigriventer and Gormar as I find them now.

Also, if you need brewing or baking in smaller amounts, I (Zliz/Orakul) have 300 baking and 248 brewing and can help out. :)

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 11, 2012

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Patch up.

Highlights:

- All worn effects that are not Focus Effects are broken and not working.

For example on your helms you have something like:

Effect: Faerune (Worn) - broken
Focus Effect: Make Magic go Boom Bigger II - works

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
All servers going down in about 20 minutes for an emergency patch to fix the Focus Effects. Servers will be down at 6:30pm pst for about 1 hour.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
They cancelled the server emergency maintenance at the last second. Everyone log back in!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've been wondering if cleric merc would work better for moloing as a monk at lvl 60ish than the tank. For some reason the tank seems to do really miniscule damage and I have to wait longass times for it to regen up every 15-20 kills or so, even if I only pull doubles (light blues) or so. Of course I don't know if the cleric running out of mana will be any less of an issue. I'm really annoyed the vet reward healer pet doesn't heal the merc either.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I started an SK, and chose the healing merc because my logic is: I want to raise my defense and fighting skills, and if I let the tank merc do all the work, I'll end up high level and no defense/offense skills. Is this dumb and should I dismiss my cleric and get a tank to fight along with?

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Droid Washington posted:

I started an SK, and chose the healing merc because my logic is: I want to raise my defense and fighting skills, and if I let the tank merc do all the work, I'll end up high level and no defense/offense skills. Is this dumb and should I dismiss my cleric and get a tank to fight along with?

You can safely ditch the cleric until 55ish, then switch back. At that point, your skills will catch up fairly quickly. Really though, play how you want, just be prepared to spend a bit more time to get up in levels.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
The best part of the patch is the fact that merchants will buy all the tradeskill poo poo now. gently caress you frugahematellalite.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Nurge posted:

I've been wondering if cleric merc would work better for moloing as a monk at lvl 60ish than the tank. For some reason the tank seems to do really miniscule damage and I have to wait longass times for it to regen up every 15-20 kills or so, even if I only pull doubles (light blues) or so. Of course I don't know if the cleric running out of mana will be any less of an issue. I'm really annoyed the vet reward healer pet doesn't heal the merc either.

I preferred the cleric merc for a while as a monk too. Usually when it needed to med, I needed more endurance anyways. That was starting out at 70 or so.

After I had a bunch of AA, and now at 74, I can heal myself fine, but I still like a rogue merc because I can get through poo poo so much faster.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ckwiesr posted:

The best part of the patch is the fact that merchants will buy all the tradeskill poo poo now. gently caress you frugahematellalite.

This is the best change in the history of Everquest. Half the time I didn't even loot because gently caress that poo poo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is there an estimate to the mount of plat I'd have to spend to get a skill like Fletching max or really high? I'm apparently swimming in massive PP at 42 ish [at least IMO. 1k and growing plat with my merc only needing about 20 per 15m is pretty good.]

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Some helpful info i just realized tonight is that you can buy rings neck earrings mask equivalents to defiant at the merchants right next to the CR book. They are right by the loyalty vendor and say Items 5-49 and Items 50+. The catch is that you cant buy them until you are 5 levels under the recommended, well past the minimum required. Probably not worth the plat cost until intricate/elaborate items depending when you plan to stop and grind some AA.

Also, the hot zone NPC by the guild lobby zone gives quests for some other pieces including belts. If you play a melee char you want those belts because they have haste.

Does anyone know if the hotzone quests are repeatable to collect each reward?

imonyourroof
May 31, 2006

sfmarine7 posted:

Also, the hot zone NPC by the guild lobby zone gives quests for some other pieces including belts. If you play a melee char you want those belts because they have haste.

Does anyone know if the hotzone quests are repeatable to collect each reward?

Each hotzone quest can be repeated once every 24 hours, so you can farm each reward over a couple of days.The higher level tasks actually have quite good cash payouts (500 plat for lvl 75, 1k for 80 and 2k for the 85 and alternate 85 tasks), especially if you multibox them.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dizz posted:

Is there an estimate to the mount of plat I'd have to spend to get a skill like Fletching max or really high? I'm apparently swimming in massive PP at 42 ish [at least IMO. 1k and growing plat with my merc only needing about 20 per 15m is pretty good.]

That's really chump change. Money is sooo much easier than it was originally. I finally went gold so I could sell my gems again. I started hording them after hitting the pp cap on silver time after time, after spending all my pp on extra bags and buying every tome. In just the low 70s, a few hours of dungeon looting will bring in a few thousand pp. If you're in the Hole solo/molo'ing, it can be even more (one time I made like 7k in 3-4 hours). From what everyone says about the earlier levels, you'll probably be in that area in a day or two.

And even that is garbage compared to what you get at 80s and 90s, from what I've heard.

sfmarine7 posted:

Some helpful info i just realized tonight is that you can buy rings neck earrings mask equivalents to defiant at the merchants right next to the CR book.

Finally! Multiple people had mentioned you could buy non-vis pieces, but when people asked in gchat or guild, noone would respond where. I've pretty much got everything upgraded at this point, but I'll still have to see if there's anything better in there.

A question for higher level folks - I bought all the tomes for my monk from the vendor, but they don't go to 95. Do melee not get new discs, or does it turn into a hunting game in later levels?

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Is there anyone in game I can off load defiant gear to? I've all but given up on trying to sell it in trader mode, and now that Ive settled on a class I have a metric ton of it clogging up bank space. Id feel bad just cashing it out when new people joining can use it.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Sgt Froggy posted:

Is there anyone in game I can off load defiant gear to? I've all but given up on trying to sell it in trader mode, and now that Ive settled on a class I have a metric ton of it clogging up bank space. Id feel bad just cashing it out when new people joining can use it.

Dump it in the guild bank.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

xZAOx posted:

That's really chump change. Money is sooo much easier than it was originally. I finally went gold so I could sell my gems again. I started hording them after hitting the pp cap on silver time after time, after spending all my pp on extra bags and buying every tome. In just the low 70s, a few hours of dungeon looting will bring in a few thousand pp. If you're in the Hole solo/molo'ing, it can be even more (one time I made like 7k in 3-4 hours). From what everyone says about the earlier levels, you'll probably be in that area in a day or two.

And even that is garbage compared to what you get at 80s and 90s, from what I've heard.

Finally! Multiple people had mentioned you could buy non-vis pieces, but when people asked in gchat or guild, noone would respond where. I've pretty much got everything upgraded at this point, but I'll still have to see if there's anything better in there.

A question for higher level folks - I bought all the tomes for my monk from the vendor, but they don't go to 95. Do melee not get new discs, or does it turn into a hunting game in later levels?

At 85+ it's easy to bring in 5-10k/hr while grinding, or 20k/hr if you're going specifically for cash. It's really trivial to make money these days and 1k is definitely chump change. Costs more than that just to move an aug to a new piece of gear :( I'm not 100% on Fletching costs, but I hear it's the hardest/most expensive TS currently. I'm working on smithing for cultural and cash spent so far + other people's experiences are putting me in the 100-125k range to go from 1 to max, so Fletching seems to be 100k+ easy

Melee get lots of new discs, but post 85 you get them the same way casters get their spells, with dropped turn-in gems from nameds in the newer expansions. The 86-90 ones are dirt cheap in baz and drop like candy off of every named in HoT. I've had no trouble keeping all 4 of my characters fully up to date without buying anything except a couple level 86 gems to get me started. I've probably got enough lying around for all your discs through 90. They're mostly just upgraded versions of your different lines, but you also get a REALLY nice endurance regen disc on a short timer that permanently eliminates endurance as a concern. You also get a kickass awesome 30 sec reuse that summons a bunch of bubble pets that hit for 700s in a swarm of monk fury

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

xZAOx posted:

Check out the Spells section of this wiki to see everything you need to know about 86-90 spells/tomes: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq%3AHouse_of_Thule_Overview

Same deal for 91-95: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq%3AVeil_of_Alaris_Overview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I did some actual testing with healer merc vs tank at my usual spot where I grind plat for now to get geared up again. Looks like killing light blues the healer merc never runs out of mana so there's no downtime, but the tank dps is still enough that I think it's very slightly overall faster to use the tank even with the regen breaks. Probably going to switch to cleric once I get weapons that are better than my fists.

Another interesting thing I noticed, but can't really quantify without getting a dps parser is that for some odd reason it seems like I hit a Lot faster with the epic 1.0 worn instead of defiant gloves, even with the clicky running from bags now. It seems kind of odd, since from my understanding the h2h table should override the 1.0 hand stats at lvl 60.