Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

EvilCrayon posted:

Just hit 107,000 miles this past week.

That's pretty insane for a VFR. 172K Km.? That's 4 times around the globe. Looking loving good with just the right amount of patina too. You should definitely try to email Honda Customer Relations and ask them for a refund since it's totally unreal that it's still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobSpelledBackward
Mar 26, 2012
Past bike. 03 SV650s

Current ride. (photo was taken at night with some fancy lighting and shutter setting)

08 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

EvilCrayon posted:

1990 Honda VFR750F. Just hit 107,000 miles this past week.

odd how the photos came out...

VFRs are awesome. White wheels are awesome. 100k is awesome. You're awesome.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

EvilCrayon posted:

1990 Honda VFR750F. Just hit 107,000 miles this past week.

odd how the photos came out...

If all those miles are you, you're a gold friggin' god.

Awesome bike though. Love it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Am I the only guy who owns a cruiser in this entire forum?

Really feeling like the odd man out here.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

VendaGoat posted:

No, I've seen plenty of them around. Now, post a pic.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TheScott2K posted:

VFRs are awesome. White wheels are awesome. 100k is awesome. You're awesome.

You're all awesome.

That VFR is sexy as all get out though. He is MORE awesome.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

VendaGoat posted:

You have to think about the forum demographic, combined with the barrage of standard japanese motorcycle suggestions to newer riders. There are some members with cruisers, and even HDs here.

Some people will act like dicks but most of us can appreciate anything on two wheels.

I'm sad we seemed to run off DILLIGIAF

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

VendaGoat posted:

Marv Hushman is pretty big on Harleys.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

Marv Hushman is pretty big on Harleys.

And everyone in the forum is pretty big on Marv Hushman.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

VendaGoat posted:

Nope.

Rodney Chops
Jan 5, 2006
Exceedingly Narrow Minded

Bucephalus posted:

Nope.

Very sharp. That has a very clean look to it even with the bag, backrest/rack. What kind of bags are those?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Those were All-American Rider bags that weren't big enough to hold jack poo poo (12x10x5 or something). I gave them to my wife's uncle for his Savage and they look fine on it. Thinking about hard bags, not sure yet.

E: bags and backrest/rack were on it when I got it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bucephalus posted:

Nope.

Awesome! I love the retro look of it.

For the guy asking me to post pictures. I did, I just have the one. It's not like I've put a bikini on my bike and taken it to a dinner and a movie.

Alright, I'm lying,. I've taken it to a dinner and a movie, just never put a bikini on it.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 27, 2012

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
I think it's not what you ride, it's your attitude that matters.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

VendaGoat posted:

I've posted enough pictures so I'll just leave a link to a couple :c00l:

An observer posted:

I think it's not what you ride, it's your attitude that matters.

On this note am I the only one who has noticed that scooter riders barely ever wave back :colbert:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Schlieren posted:

On this note am I the only one who has noticed that scooter riders barely ever wave back :colbert:

No, I wave at everyone, because I never want to be the rear end in a top hat who's not waving. No scooter rider has ever waved back at me, the only time one was ever nice was because I pulled right up next to him and said hello, and he barely turned his head. WTF? :psyduck:

I'm about 60% with cruiser riders. 50% with gang-bangers on cruisers, 100% with gang-bangers on sportbikes (almost exclusively gixxers) 80% with sportbike riders in general. 0% with chick riders :cool:

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Nope! I own one of these baby cruisers.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

VendaGoat posted:

Awesome! I love the retro look of it.

For the guy asking me to post pictures. I did, I just have the one. It's not like I've put a bikini on my bike and taken it to a dinner and a movie.

Alright, I'm lying,. I've taken it to a dinner and a movie, just never put a bikini on it.

There's no hotter date. Did you get it in?

Edit: Content

I'm still in talks to possibly trade her for a Multistrada, but the last payment went out on Monday, so she's finally mine. Here she is with a mug only a father could love.

orthod0ks fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 28, 2012

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

nsaP posted:

You have to think about the forum demographic, combined with the barrage of standard japanese motorcycle suggestions to newer riders. There are some members with cruisers, and even HDs here.

Some people will act like dicks but most of us can appreciate anything on two wheels.

I'm sad we seemed to run off DILLIGIAF

WAT?

No running... not with my knee.

I am still around, but my bike is in pieces at the moment and I haven't had a lot to post... I did post pics of my new Icon helmet a couple of weeks ago.

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008

lovely pic of mine on her maiden voyage from the dealership back to my place. Going for the first service on Saturday and then taking a trip to Dublin. Woop :) Ventura rack and R&Gs added since pic.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
That picture doesn't do that bike justice. (post better pictures please)

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
Well, I did it. Yesterday, I swapped my 09 Versys for an 04 Multistrada.

It's great. It's fast and so torquey. It's got an aftermarket Remus exhaust system and it's loud as hell. It also feels lighter and less top heavy than the Versys, despite being a bit heavier.

kommisar
Jan 2, 2007

I bought a thing. Wasn't really planning on getting a sport bike but I got an awesome deal from my cousin's friend and couldn't pass it up. 08' gsxr 600. The pipe has to go, it sounds ok I guess but it drones terribly on the highway and I'm putting the stock mirrors back on. Those are ugly and they only give me a great view of my arm.

Yeah I know boots are in the mail!

My friends Blackbird. We rode out to route 41 drag strip in the sticks in Indiana.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The 08-09 gsx-r 600/750 series is probably my favorite of that particular line, the bumblebee paint scheme is very cool.

What was wrong with the stock mirrors, I really like the stock ones with the built in signals, and they fold in anyways. I like the stock pipe too, I think those weird megaphone exhausts look super cheesy and make the bike look incomplete, and yeah it's probably a bit loud.

kommisar
Jan 2, 2007

infraboy posted:

The 08-09 gsx-r 600/750 series is probably my favorite of that particular line, the bumblebee paint scheme is very cool.

What was wrong with the stock mirrors, I really like the stock ones with the built in signals, and they fold in anyways. I like the stock pipe too, I think those weird megaphone exhausts look super cheesy and make the bike look incomplete, and yeah it's probably a bit loud.

The previous owner replaced and then lost them. I already have some oem ones on the way.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Saturday was a rare day in motorcycle addiction. Two new bikes!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Very envious :mmmhmm:. What flavor is the katoom?

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
Orange flavor.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Dreamsicle :colbert:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

invision posted:

Dreamsicle :colbert:

The only valid answer.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

needknees posted:

Very envious :mmmhmm:. What flavor is the katoom?

250SXF
It's a 2011 demo bike.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ya ya ya, KTMs, it's orange, whatever we get it. More RS125 please.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

kommisar posted:

Whoah, what's going on with that helmet? It looks kinda bighead mode, and that chin bar.. :o

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
I spent Friday through yesterday doing a major refresh on my little bitty thumper that I bought in October. New tires, new front brake pads, new brake fluid, oil and oil filter change, K & N air filter, cleaned and rejetted the carb. I put the HD Dyna muffler on it last fall.

After all that garage time, I decided it was finally time to have my wife take a picture of me on it. It ain't much, but it makes me happy!

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.

Alceste posted:

Nice bike, looks like a fun spin around the town bike.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Alceste posted:

I spent Friday through yesterday doing a major refresh on my little bitty thumper that I bought in October. New tires, new front brake pads, new brake fluid, oil and oil filter change, K & N air filter, cleaned and rejetted the carb. I put the HD Dyna muffler on it last fall.

After all that garage time, I decided it was finally time to have my wife take a picture of me on it. It ain't much, but it makes me happy!

I just sold my bobbed out savage 650. It's a great great bike. A little complicated on the wiring but overall a great bike.

What are you getting for top speed?

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Thanks guys, that's just what it's for, buzzing around North Dallas side roads and my 3 mile commute to work. It feels a tad small for me but I love riding, and the recent work has made it feel like a new bike even though it's an 05 with only 4700 miles on it.

I was able to get it up to around 70-72 before the K & N air filter and the carburetor work. After the tires break in and my new pants get here, I'd like to take it back out on the PGBT and see if it can go any faster now.

E: hit 75 today on the access road and felt like I could have gone a little faster if I hadn't had to stop for a light

Alceste fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 11, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

kommisar posted:

I bought a thing. Wasn't really planning on getting a sport bike but I got an awesome deal from my cousin's friend and couldn't pass it up. 08' gsxr 600. The pipe has to go, it sounds ok I guess but it drones terribly on the highway and I'm putting the stock mirrors back on. Those are ugly and they only give me a great view of my arm.

Nice bike. Those mirrors are just :catstare:
Glad you're putting the OEMs back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I believe that particular brand of mirror is named the "pig spotter".