Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I had to present at work today and normally it's brutal. I've seen grown men cry at the meetings. For the first time, EVER, mine went well. Fun almost. I got a wedding invitation for one of my good friends. It's spring break so I don't have to deal with classes today. The weather was awesome. Everything is perfect :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I work in the oil fields and I'll most likely sent out for field work for 3 weeks soon woo! That means $250/day for 21 days straight and maybe more. I've been waiting all week for this!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The date I mentioned in my last post went amazingly :3: :swoon:

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Bill collector has been ringing my phone off the hook, so this just happened.

Me: "Robocop?"
Guy: "Robocop?"
Me: "Robocop."
Guy: "Is Digital... Scoombug (pronouncing my last name wrong) there?"
Me: "Have you SEEN Robocop?"
Guy: "It's Paul Verhoven's best film..."
Me: "Which one had the big robot taking cocaine in it? Was it cocaine?"
Guy: "Why would a robot take cocaine?"
Me: "Dude, you didn't see Robocop II, pretty sure that was the plot!"
Guy: "Predator came out the same year, that's a movie about an alien..."
Me: "Was it the same year?"
Guy: "I assume this isn't Digital?"
Me: "Dude, go check out Robocop II and get back to me."
Guy: "Okay, please remember all calls are monitored (etc.), have a nice day."

Sounded like a young guy in good spirits, I'd like to think I cheered him up a little after being yelled at all morning.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
1. I realized I need a lit agent/manager.
2. I called someone reputable and pitched.
3. I now have a lit agent/manager.

It is so weird that this little idea I had is turning into a BIG idea.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I finally got my new chin :downs:. And it doesn't hurt nearly as much as I expected!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

A month and a half ago I lost a piece of jewelry that means the world to me. I've gone crazy trying to find it and tore my apartment apart looking. Today, I finally found it. I'm never taking it off again :dance:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I finally matched my dad's frikadelles in flavor. Can't wait to start cooking them all the goddamn time. :yum:

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
I did some filming and met Martin Shaw.

My nan doesn't have cancer anymore.

I just had a lovely first date.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I took the first steps towards obtaining medical marijuana! I don't have to rely on steroids anymore!

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Unexpected snowstorm!

At first I was sort of mad, but it'll be gone tomorrow probably so I bundled up and went for, hopefully, the last snowy walk around town this season :3:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got my first paycheck from my new job, then went to see Titanic in 3D.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My team took second place in a 3vs3 Kid Icarus tournament at Nintendo World. We won AR cards and eternal happiness.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Yesterday was awesome because my work day flew by, I got another CSA delivery (which had yummy strawberries), I got to sleep on new sheets and I went to the batting cages to get practice for softball. Oh and the best part was my physical therapist gave me the okay to try going for a run. This is pretty monumental for me since I haven't been able to run since 2009 when I had my first foot surgery.

Today is awesome because I got to sleep in, did some gardening (finally), have a party to go to this afternoon and will hopefully either get to try going for a run or going for a swim. Either way, I get to work out and it's going to feel great.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Today I cleared out my vegetable plot and I fixed my favorite pair of boots! :toot:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Just got my tax refund after filing about a week and a half ago - hello $2,098! :toot:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
My fiancé and I won a trip to Vegas! Though we will probably give it to my parents :3:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I just got asked by a talented person in my program if I would consider joining his team next year when we all have to pitch our ideas to the big ups, since he said he liked my work. The problem is I'm already working on a pitch with another talented person. But we have no way of knowing whose pitches are going to get picked, so I'm gonna have to figure out a way to keep my options open.

This is the best dilemma I've ever had in my life. :unsmith:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Today went I went to buy a parking pass, some nice guy just walked over to my car and handed me one :) I decided to pay it forward and when a classmate of mine wanted to buy water but didn't have a dollar, I gave her the bill I had planned on using for parking. I like being able to pay things forward!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The person I was supposed to crash with after my concert friday hasn't been answering texts, but I was able to find a different friend to crash with with only last minute notice. Mosh pit here I come! \m/

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

A classmate of mine surprised me with homemade cookies :) They were still warm. It was kind of amazing.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Just got massive praise from my boss regarding a project I've done, converting the Danish Multiple Sclerosis Registry from a huge comma seperated file to SPSS format.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
It is a very spring-y morning. I had a great run, my IT band didn't bug me at all, and I'm not sore from doing single leg stuff yesterday (which means I need to do more!) A plan is in place to strengthen my weak leg so I don't keep injuring myself and my ego has finally accepted that this is a good idea :)

Basically I was up before the sun, watched it rise and am feeling awesome.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I have a job interview tomorrow... it's not a funeral home job like I wanted (remember how earlier in this thread, I was mad stoked to be done with Starbucks?... yeah, about that...), but a job is a job and it looks like cool people work there. Plus, it's super close where the guy I'm seeing works! :3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I forgot today was the monthly ice cream social at work today so in the middle of a very long and stressful day, I got a nice surprise :) sherbert and strawberry pound cake.

Also, my boss is gone today and tomorrow so it makes work a little more fun.

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw
Even though I've had/have extremely strong bonds with previous girlfriends, I've always been highly skeptical when it comes to romantic love and I've always thought the Hollywood type of love you see in movies is just fiction.

Woke up today next to the girl I've been seeing for a while now and surprised myself by telling her that I am a better person just by the virtue of having her in my life and that I'm completely head over heels over her. She replied by telling me that she feels exactly the same.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

novak posted:

Even though I've had/have extremely strong bonds with previous girlfriends, I've always been highly skeptical when it comes to romantic love and I've always thought the Hollywood type of love you see in movies is just fiction.

Woke up today next to the girl I've been seeing for a while now and surprised myself by telling her that I am a better person just by the virtue of having her in my life and that I'm completely head over heels over her. She replied by telling me that she feels exactly the same.

:3: Congrats, man! I think you kids are gonna make it! :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got my car fixed and it's not misfiring and idling like crap any more :woop: Feels good to be able to drive my own vehicle rather than the beat up piece of junk car that we use at work that's practically been torn to shreds.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Got a bonus on my paycheck and moved over into the commission structure for good. Also, my very red cocktail dress is being delivered today. I really can't wait to put it on.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I drew a picture today that I am actually satisfied with.
May not sound like much but with a combination of nerve damage and arthritis, I have spent the better part of three years thinking I was finished artistically.

Feels good, man.

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
My boss told me, just before I walked out the door, that I'll be in charge of the shop for four days next week. It will be my first time doing this by myself, though he's been training me to do the paperwork, inventory, etc. for a couple of months now. I'd been expecting my first solo try to be next month when the boss and his wife go to Italy for a few weeks so this is an interesting surprise.

Also, he let we who work in the small shop leave at 1:30 p.m. instead of the usual 2:30 because it's Friday. Hooray!

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
I got a Friday the 13th tattoo and my boyfriend is coming over to visit. :dance:

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I was hanging out with one of my good friends who happens to be a ridiculously attractive (gay) guy, and a stranger came up to us and asked if we were a couple. Someone thought that I was pretty enough to be my friend's girlfriend.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was close enough to the stage at the concert I went to tonight that I could almost touch Nergal when Behemoth went on(I didn't because I'm not an rear end though).

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My husband has taken an iinterest in me teaching him Japanese, which was my minor in college. I spent the day making flash cards for him. I'm super excited to be able to use the language again.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I applied for an awesome and prestigious job just for grins that no doubt hundreds of other people applied for, without much hope I'd ever hear back. But guess what, I got selected for an interview!

If I get an offer I may die of excitement.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
A girl and I flirted back and forth all morning and afternoon. Going to ask her out for next weekend after exams are over and I have to say, I feel really good about where this is going. :)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

A girl and I flirted back and forth all morning and afternoon. Going to ask her out for next weekend after exams are over and I have to say, I feel really good about where this is going. :)

Good luck! :buddy:

I got 2 10-packs and 5 exclusive event Kid Icarus cards at Gamestops today! I'm an accomplished vidya gamer!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

After a 17-hour day, the online startup company I work for has finally launched our website. Woop Woop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
He told me he likes me.