Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felime
Jul 10, 2009
B Hail Amaris, rightful heir to the star league throne!

DS7 Mackie. Because Mackie.
CC1 Baba-Yaga. Because the Cappies deserve something nice for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

DS15 and CC4

D - 2nd St. Ives Lancers
I voted to have the Confederation invade New Syrtis, and by God I wanna see some of that action!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

jng2058 posted:

It also means that nine of (presumably) eighteen Clans have forces in the Sphere now, which is a quicker rate than in the original timeline where you only had seven Clans in at this point.

Are we counting the Bear, Raven, Fox alliance gunning for the Rimworlds Republic?

James Peach
Dec 30, 2008
Voting for DS7, CC4, and C.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I love the idea of Amaris playing Brutus to Duncan Marik's Caesar.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

B because that doesn't sound like an easy walk and it gets us in on the ground floor of this sword in the back.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

jng2058 posted:

We've got three sections.

Thanks, KnoxZone and jng2058. That helps a lot.

So obviously Theodore isn't too happy about the Draconis Suns thing, but if there is an heir, would he be amenable to a continuing alliance?

And Stephan Amaris seems like he's sort of an rear end.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Ahh looks like my Oni is getting rocked in the second round. :(

I am going to vote though, the CC15 because it is funny, and the CC3 because it is neat and I like mediums.

Political vote A!

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Votes:

DS3 Lion
CC13 Raven

Going all in on the animal-themed refits.

B: I did vote to see what RWR would be up to last round, and it didn't happen. So I figure I should see this through, even though I kinda like the oft-ignored FWL. Fortunately it seems like Romano's going to take the pressure off to go the other way instead -- maybe Hasek will make peace with the Taurians and bring them in?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

A Because gently caress the Amaris family

DS15) Shadow Hawk by T.G. Xarbala
CC15) Pepperpot by AJ_Impy

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
B Because underequipped sounds exciting.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

A This abomination needs to be stopped now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Falcons probably won't be as effective without Thurston around to write novels about how they magically bounce back from everything that happens to them and never lose anything meaningful though.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Combat Theater Vote 10
D) 2nd St. Ives Lancers

Time to stomp on the Duchy of New Syrtis. Perhaps we can play with some of the new CC tech.

DS3) Lion by Hob_Gadling
CC13) Raven by T.G. Xarbala

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Defiance Industries posted:

The Falcons probably won't be as effective without Thurston around to write novels about how they magically bounce back from everything that happens to them and never lose anything meaningful though.

Ugh. I re-read some of the Falcon books recently and they do not hold up well at all.

That said, here's my vote:

A - Iron Guard
DS14 Jagermech - I love crappy mechs.
CC15 Pepperpot

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

A

DS7
CC1

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
B!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
A
DS15
CC15

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I would like to see some of that D

Also I like
DS17) Yorinaga by TildeATH
CC15) Pepperpot by AJ_Impy

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Let's have some of that Black Guard action.

Also, DS7 and CC15

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Votin' B because I like to be consistent :v:

MECH VOTE:
DS14 Jagermech
CC4 Battlemaster

Or did you mean that we can't vote for the same mech twice as in we can't vote for the same ones we did last time?

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

This is a tough one. I'd love to get to see the Praetorian Guards and the NRWR in general, but on the other hand, kicking some Hasek rear end is just too tempting to pass up. So D it is.

As far as the 'mechs go -
DS7 Mackie
CC13 Raven

Clearly I encourage you all to vote for the Po, but voting for my own mech seems a bit unfair.

Also, Stefan Amaris the whatever seems like a badass to me. Hoping we get to see the descendant of true Star Lord face off against the false SLDF.

LeschNyhan posted:

maybe Hasek will make peace with the Taurians and bring them in?

Taurians making peace with the anyone tangentially related to the Federated Suns would be extremely surprising to me. Though I guess we don't know how deep the historical changes are in the PTN universe.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

B
DS15
CC15

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
A

Lets get this mustache twirling stupidity shut down asap.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
B! I want to see how this new faction plays out.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
A is for gently caress Amaris.

Spencerb
Apr 16, 2005
A

Sair
May 11, 2007

A) sounds like it could be fun...

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
A. Wonder what plan Amaris has for the possible three clans making a hard burn towards him? I was kind of split between my love of ridiculously complex political situations and the hatred I have for the whole Amaris line. The hatred won out.

DS15
CC13

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

D

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Battle Vote:

B-I'm liking this turn of events, just sad that Marik's gotta get run over for it to start.

Mech Votes:
DS3
DS29

Still a big fan of the Lion and Oni pair.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Gonna vote D, for the Chancellor and Capellan supremacy. Because also gently caress Amaris.

Though I do also feel bad, a bit, for Duncan. But he'll have to get his rear end kicked some more, then he can bounce back or something. Or die. I'm not sure, really.

For mechs.

DS15
CC13

Two Xarbala votes, one because I love Ravens. The other because of that amazing Shadow Hawk History Post. Shadow Hawks forever.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

A)

All of the mechs are cool though, except for the PPC-boat. I'll abstain.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
It is clear that he NRWR options are splitting the vote, allowing for ugh Marik and Capellan options to gain traction. We need to rally under one of the options. Looks like B has a slight lead so I would suggest people go with that one. Shame we can't change our votes to unify under a singular banner.

Amaris needs you.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 12, 2012

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Not to be an rear end or anything, but do we really need 2 NRWR missions splitting the vote? We know nothing about them so the choice between "bestest unit" and "second bestest unit" isn't exactly a meaningful one.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dis astranagant posted:

Not to be an rear end or anything, but do we really need 2 NRWR missions splitting the vote? We know nothing about them so the choice between "bestest unit" and "second bestest unit" isn't exactly a meaningful one.

The Black Guards are semi-reformed pirates; we know that much. The Praetorian Guard seem to mostly be a pseudo-Roman version of the Lyran Royal Guard what with their deployment set up as it is.

What I'm saying is B.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

DS7, CC6, and B.

Man, bolding B is weird to type out.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

B

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
DS29 Oni
CC03 Po

Combat D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
A
I can't root for mercenaries with no honor, anyone loyal to Amaris, Capellans, or any mix of the above.

and for the mechs
DS17 Hooray for Heavy PPCs!
CC4 A Battlemaster fielding so many missiles is hilarious.

• Locked thread