Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Untitled by dtloken, on Flickr

Untitled by dtloken, on Flickr

Some random shots of Bisbee, AZ with my iPhone 4S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Had a whirl with the ScanCamera app, wish I'd had a monopod or something to keep the phone steady...

Big size

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Breakfast at Mao's by I Never Asked For This, on Flickr

Misogynist Cheese by I Never Asked For This, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
I'm enjoying having Instagram on Android.

If anyone wants to follow me on there, my Instagram handle is: tomolson

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

So is IG toast now that Facebook has bought it?

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Ropes4u posted:

So is IG toast now that Facebook has bought it?
I'd say it's definitely over for those "serious" Instagram users out there but after the furor dies down, I don't think anyone will care as long as they keep supporting it with new features and bug fixes.

The real photographers have been using Hipstamatic all this time anyway.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
As far as "legitimate" editing on a camera goes, if that's even a real thing, the closest I've found to anything good is PicSay Pro for Android, which has all the brightness/contrast/temperature/tint settings among others, including a pretty advanced leveling setting.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Added you Instagram folks in honor of the death of Instagram. My username there is northpaul.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Added IG goons under this forum name.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

What was it, three days on Android before fb killed it?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Missy Glitch by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

I do like Decim8, you can get some nice effects as long as you don't layer filter on filter and totaly destroy the image (unless that's your thing)

This was my second hit of the random 'reprocess' button, the glitch parts lined up just where I wanted them; feels a bit like cheating :o:

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Missy Glitch by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

I do like Decim8, you can get some nice effects as long as you don't layer filter on filter and totaly destroy the image (unless that's your thing)

This was my second hit of the random 'reprocess' button, the glitch parts lined up just where I wanted them; feels a bit like cheating :o:

The way I like to use Decim8 is usually to generate 3 or 4 of them that I like (I like this corner, or the upper but not lower half of another one, etc) and mask them all together in either Blender or Sketchbook Pro for the iPad. That's sort of cheating, but I consider Decim8 to be another tool in the bucket. Like a camera, it doesn't have to be the first and last step.

Edit:

RangerScum posted:

I'm enjoying having Instagram on Android.

Also, this is astounding.

ThisQuietReverie fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 10, 2012

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

devinluns on Instagram if anyone wants to follow me.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Streetmate just went free in the app store

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ropes4u posted:

Yoink! :)

Tap/hold to set your exposure point, I don't think it says anywhere in the app. Just autofocus as far as I can tell, though - no Camera+ style dual focus/metering.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Not Instagram:

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Ropes4u posted:

Thanks! I've been eyeballing this off and on for about 6 months now because I liked the idea behind it but I never pulled the trigger because there was supposed to be a Streetmate II around February and when that didn't transpire it fell off my radar. The interface is a real mess, if you travel deep into the sharing menu it becomes an inescapable trap because the "cancel" button doesn't work.

It's pretty crashy and navigating backwards through the albums is extra clicky but I'll spend more time with it. Nofinder will still probably be my go-to street camera though.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

the posted:

Not Instagram:

Hydro facility? I have a photo similar to the first taken at a drat I was touring.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Ropes4u posted:

Hydro facility? I have a photo similar to the first taken at a drat I was touring.

heh, it's actually just a short tunnel that goes under a railroad tracks at the university I attend.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Nice pic either way

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

NightCap is free in the app store. I can quit posting these if it's annoying. I just keep a list of apps I want and get them when they are free.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ropes4u posted:

NightCap is free in the app store. I can quit posting these if it's annoying. I just keep a list of apps I want and get them when they are free.
Keep on posting them; I was going to buy Nightcap on Monday but got sidetracked :)

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

just a shot from a bike ride...nothing special I guess but I was really pleased with the lighting.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Ice by Sensitometry, on Flickr

Add me on instagram: Sensitometry

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Just been going crazy with Instagram while I had a little holiday over the Easter weekend

mattbcooper on instagram if you like!

Bialosky
Jan 29, 2006

"Washing machine?"

the posted:

What's up Villanova buddy? :hfive:

I always try to carry my camera bag with me but sometimes it just isn't feasible, like when going to work, but then I get to hang out with cool people like this and I thank God for my iPhone camera.

jon hamm wears his driving cap and so should you by schmoopybee, on Flickr

Bialosky fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 14, 2012

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Which iPhone app, if any, is good for managing flickr accounts?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ropes4u posted:

Which iPhone app, if any, is good for managing flickr accounts?

Give FlickStackr a whirl, it's so much better than the official client it's not even funny.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thanks I will add it to my list.

Hipstamatic is on sale for 99 cents, is it worth a buck? I have

Stampzz, IG, camera!, Camera+, lens+, HDR FX, dramatic black and white, photo toaster, Infinicam, lo-mob, Streetmate and night cap.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Yes, if not just for the fact that it's a large social network that millions of people use.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Love the 4S.

MKEArt by bgibb187, on Flickr

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
In case anyone would like to see what the first two-story Chick-fil-A in the world looks like:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

The Human Santapede by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

Ramp Closed Due To Stairs by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

Two with hipstamatic, borders flensed and recolored in PS.

The developer of 6x6 and 6x7 has a new camera app coming out soon that is getting some hype. 645 PRO: http://jag.gr/645/

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
I should have figured a thread like this existed. I'm absolutely in love with this shot I took with my old LG enV

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Am I doing this Instagram thing right?

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

Boat posted:

I should have figured a thread like this existed. I'm absolutely in love with this shot I took with my old LG enV

Hey, I took a mushroom photo the other day as well.

Mushroom by jdorseydesign, on Flickr

and a beetle

Giant beetle #iphone #macro by jdorseydesign, on Flickr

and a bee

Honey #bee on clover. #iphone #macro by jdorseydesign, on Flickr

The iPhone 4S really is awesome for taking photos of small things

echobucket fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 19, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ThisQuietReverie posted:

The developer of 6x6 and 6x7 has a new camera app coming out soon that is getting some hype. 645 PRO: http://jag.gr/645/

This is out now...

http://itunes.apple.com/app/645-pro/id518235205?mt=8

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Pissing off street merchants for the sake of irony was kind of amusing.

No Photos by I Never Asked For This, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Thing I like best about having the iPhone camera is that I always have it with me, I don't need to run off and grab my kitbag for an opportunity...

hedgepig by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Found here that putting the flash into 'always on (flashlight mode)' on Camera+ gives a far better light than putting the flash to 'On' or 'Auto'.