Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

The Bible posted:

Dragons writing 100,000 word stories can't really hurt anyone with those stories. What they collect is weird, but generally harmless. Someone who feels the need to hoard multiple firearms is inherently more capable of serious harm. It's not so much the firearms themselves that make it creepy, but the desire to hoard so many.

Clearly he simply thought he was a dragon who was in the army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Buried alive posted:

Clearly he simply thought he was a dragon who was in the army.

Well drat, now I have a mental image of a dragon breathing fire while dual firing two uzis wearing dozens of ammo belts and kinda want to write some fiction myself now.

stegoceras
Oct 21, 2011

Numb's no good, but it sure beats the hurt

Lady Charlemagne posted:

I know this is two pages old but since we just learned that Scientologists own Neopets I'll mention it: holy poo poo we need a Neopets thread; I could tell some stories. I was absolutely obsessed with it when I was about twelve and it was in its second year. Lied about my age to get to post on the old General Chat board, hell yeah. I can't believe it's made it to eleven years old.

Also, I don't think that's the guy who started it.

I'm pretty sure Neopets was started by Adam Powell and Donna Williams, and then Doug bought major shares from them sometime within a year after the launch. It's mostly owned by the company that does all the huge advertising for their card games/storylines/general merchandise now, I think.

For some reason I remember reading somewhere that Neopets was originally made for a target audience of older teens/young adults, but I can't seem to find anything about that, so I'm probably just making poo poo up in my head.

I would love a Neopets thread, I remember some of the art contests I entered... ahh, good times.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Adam and Donna started it when they were college students and it was originally intended for other students.

Christ my account is 11 years and 7 months old, how old is the site itself? I think last I actually played was in 2004~5 and that was because my little sister was into the card game at the time.

EDIT: Oh, speaking of contests, I got overall 3rd once with a photo of my rabbit dressed as a Cybunny :allears: There was so much rage in the contest board about it, after that they wouldn't accept photos anymore.

Voltin Bolt fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 12, 2012

ladyofshallnot
Nov 11, 2008

The Bible posted:

Well drat, now I have a mental image of a dragon breathing fire while dual firing two uzis wearing dozens of ammo belts and kinda want to write some fiction myself now.

Make sure you're not ONLY a dragon. A lack of shape shifting displays a lack of imagination.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ladyofshallnot posted:

Make sure you're not ONLY a dragon. A lack of shape shifting displays a lack of imagination.

What about a dragon/gundam?

Prathm
Nov 24, 2005

Voltin Bolt posted:

Adam and Donna started it when they were college students and it was originally intended for other students.

Christ my account is 11 years and 7 months old, how old is the site itself? I think last I actually played was in 2004~5 and that was because my little sister was into the card game at the time.

EDIT: Oh, speaking of contests, I got overall 3rd once with a photo of my rabbit dressed as a Cybunny :allears: There was so much rage in the contest board about it, after that they wouldn't accept photos anymore.

That sounds pretty goofy. How do you get mad over a picture of a bunny?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Voltin Bolt posted:

]

Apparently I signed up February 23, 2001 :aaa:

I was actually playing fairly recently, because I liked the Habitarium game , but it was really unsophisticated and had a low level cap, so I gave up on it months ago. I just logged in and my Habitarium looks like a war zone, ruined eggs and busted up buildings everywhere...

Checked my bank account, just over 8 million NP. :toot:

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Prathm posted:

That sounds pretty goofy. How do you get mad over a picture of a bunny?
"ANYONE CAN DO THAT! WHY DON'T I PUT MORE EARS ON MY CAT AND CALL IT AN AISHA?!" :byodame:

The contests have always been about popularity and not art though, dig it: http://www.neopets.com/beauty/winners.phtml - the one the bunny was in was Oct 29, 2001, if you want to see what the competition was.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Neopets has been owned and operated by Viacom (specifically, Nickelodeon) for quite some time now. It's not quite as bad as Gaia with the $1000+ items but give it time. People pay ~$600 for the rarer dress-up items. Also, soooo many furries.

I miss Denise stories :( are there any more? Or did the OP and her friend run away?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

The Bible posted:

I know there are some artists out there, and I dare any of them to tell me that a picture of an army dragon/gundam dual wielding uzi's while posing atop it's hoard of hoarded guns 'n' ammo wouldn't be hilarious.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

21st Cherry boy posted:

Neopets has been owned and operated by Viacom (specifically, Nickelodeon) for quite some time now. It's not quite as bad as Gaia with the $1000+ items but give it time. People pay ~$600 for the rarer dress-up items. Also, soooo many furries.

I miss Denise stories :( are there any more? Or did the OP and her friend run away?

La Fausse Tortue and I are still around, I read the thread daily.
I'm going through a breakup at the moment and I'm living with friends -- so I don't spend a whole lot of time writing up the stories anymore as I'm trying to sort myself out some assistance and a place to live, but there are a few stories left, yes.

There's a few stories about :siren:HELLO, VIRGIN HERE:siren: as well.

I still need to scribble up an anime version of Sai Baba for someone's avatar, and I want to do this dual-uzi-wielding dragon now, too. Once I get my workspace. :3:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Thank goodness for that ugly noodles. I was about to unbookmark the thread, thinking it was all over and it was all downhill into Gaia and neopets, but I'll hang on to it.
In the meantime, guys please stop getting my hopes up when I see a bunch of unread posts and then it turns out they're not interesting stories about crazy people, but just boring Gaia chat. Like, Gaia chat can be interesting when it is about interesting crazy people, but there's kind of a deficiency of crazy going on. And that's sad.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

uglynoodles posted:

I'm going through a breakup at the moment and I'm living with friends -- so I don't spend a whole lot of time writing up the stories anymore as I'm trying to sort myself out some assistance and a place to live, but there are a few stories left, yes.

There's a few stories about :siren:HELLO, VIRGIN HERE:siren: as well.

I still need to scribble up an anime version of Sai Baba for someone's avatar, and I want to do this dual-uzi-wielding dragon now, too. Once I get my workspace. :3:

I hope your are getting through the break-up alright and it's great knowing you have people to count on after growing up with Denise !

ladyofshallnot
Nov 11, 2008
Good luck with everything, I hope it shakes out as well as possible for you.

And always remember, when life gets tough, you can be the uzi-wielding-gundam-dragon you always knew you were inside.

And that's still better than being Denise.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Buried alive posted:

I know there are some artists out there, and I dare any of them to tell me that a picture of an army dragon/gundam dual wielding uzi's while posing atop it's hoard of hoarded guns 'n' ammo wouldn't be hilarious.

While breathing fire.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

The Bible posted:

Sorry, G Gundam beat you to it.

Or, something a little more modern (from the most recent Gundam show).

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

Sorry, G Gundam beat you to it.

Or, something a little more modern (from the most recent Gundam show).

I don't see double uzis or flame breathing. He isn't even standing atop a pile of guns. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The Bible posted:

I don't see double uzis or flame breathing. He isn't even standing atop a pile of guns. :colbert:
He's got a pile of laser swords on his back. That counts, right?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

uglynoodles posted:

Sorry to hear life's giving you a hard time right now, and I hope you can work through things all right. I think everyone who reads this thread can agree that, after the kinds of things Denise and your life around that time put you through, you deserve some peace and support from those around you.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:
Hope everything works out for you, Uglynoodles.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Since the Gaia thread is gone, I'm wondering if a new thread should be made for those interested in doing a "Goonaia" project, or just to talk about dress-up doll stuff in general? There seemed to be some interest, even if such a project would likely never see fruition.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Nessa posted:

Since the Gaia thread is gone, I'm wondering if a new thread should be made for those interested in doing a "Goonaia" project, or just to talk about dress-up doll stuff in general? There seemed to be some interest, even if such a project would likely never see fruition.
I've been seriously busy with a ton of RL stuff so I haven't been on much, but there's a chat room set up for it. PM me your email and I'll send you an invite, though there's no one in there ATM.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Colon V posted:

He's got a pile of laser swords on his back. That counts, right?

I guess it helps.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I don't know whether to be horrified or go insane with laughter that ridiculous dragon-army-armored gundam already exists, but this is too great not to share. Must be enlarged to full size to really appreciate all the effort/detail that went into this.

Seriously, I can't gaze at it for more than ten seconds or so before I just start laughing.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Is that a parody or is it, god forbid, but is this a real actual thing?

Corridor fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 14, 2012

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Buried alive posted:

I don't know whether to be horrified or go insane with laughter that ridiculous dragon-army-armored gundam already exists, but this is too great not to share. Must be enlarged to full size to really appreciate all the effort/detail that went into this.

Seriously, I can't gaze at it for more than ten seconds or so before I just start laughing.

That'll do, Japan.

The minigun boner really completes it.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I love the way he's gently supporting it. What really gets me is the guitar on the right side - all that crazy and mis-sized armament, but you gotta make room in case you have to have a wicked solo! :rock:

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop
The elf shoes are what do it for me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Buried alive posted:

Needs more guns...bigger guns...bigger than that...

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Corridor posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a SCIENCE! parody. Also the fact the amp on the guitar appears to be normal-sized makes it for me.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
All the little arms reaching out to hold all the guns--fantastic. I think I see one on the right holding a spatula, but I'm not sure. But the single M-1 rifle by the guitar might be my favorite part. Guitar amp, also a contender.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Corridor posted:

It is not a real actual thing. Giant gun robots don't exist.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Spurs on the elf-shoes and the bayonet on the left side just made me lose it again.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
I'm pretty sure every individual component on that robot is from some specific show or comic. The giant elf shoes look like something from Five Star Stories, the gun-penis is from something but it's not normally in that location, etc.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Heresiarch posted:

I'm pretty sure every individual component on that robot is from some specific show or comic. The giant elf shoes look like something from Five Star Stories, the gun-penis is from something but it's not normally in that location, etc.

I think I saw something from Last Exile buried in that monstrosity.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I thought I had it all out.

Then I saw the Volkswagon logo.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
At first I was just a bit bemused but all the stuff in there is amazing. By the time I noticed the spatula I was loving choking.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Hadn't noticed the VW logo until now. Also, there's a skull and cross-bones on the belt buckle. Which is on the studded belt. Also also, I think the M1 rifle is just sort of growing out of the guitar, and the clip below the guitar isn't behind it, but actually going into it.

It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I think I see one on the right holding a spatula, but I'm not sure.
It is indeed a spatula, the weapon of champions.

• Locked thread