Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

jetz0r posted:

All servers down, owned.

Son of a bitch! Just settled in to start a night of grinding to hit 75. I tried to go the forums to see what's up, but they're down too!

What a bad week for the EQ team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?! (does anyone know why they're down?)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

EQ just took a giant poo poo on me. Can't find any info because apparently the forums got crashed from angry traffic as well. Terrible time to not have any other games on my comp.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was PLing in the mech guardian anniversary task, god drat it Sony. GOD drat YOU.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

drat it I was about to go get necro 80 gonna just go take a nap now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Isn't there supposed to be a Friday the 13th sale today as well? Could that have been the culprit?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The sale was illusions going down to 3500sc and LoN packs going to 100sc.

Yeah, I have no clue why that was worth sending out two emails to everyone.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
what the heck did you people do to the servers? and why have they been hyping such a terrible sale?

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Ninkobei posted:

what the heck did you people do to the servers? and why have they been hyping such a terrible sale?

Hah, I want to know why they thought the sale needed a save the date email.

Side note: I knew you'd register here sooner or later!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

lotor9530 posted:

Hah, I want to know why they thought the sale needed a save the date email.

Side note: I knew you'd register here sooner or later!

Let me guess - you're Ben, and Ninko is Lubanja?

(This is Bruman, btw)

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Let me guess - you're Ben, and Ninko is Lubanja?

(This is Bruman, btw)

I'm Ben/Jen, ya. I can only assume that Nink is Lub, I've seen that nickname before.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
good god, can't I even get 2 posts in without my identity being revealed? well maybe with the servers down I will have a fighting chance to steal c2 lol. otherwise, who's up for some ashengate?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The servers appear to be on their way back up.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jetz0r posted:

The sale was illusions going down to 3500sc and LoN packs going to 100sc.

Yeah, I have no clue why that was worth sending out two emails to everyone.

You can buy LoN boosters for 100sc? jesus gently caress i'm pretty interested in that!

I just wish I could actually get loving avatars from boosters.

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Ninkobei posted:

good god, can't I even get 2 posts in without my identity being revealed? well maybe with the servers down I will have a fighting chance to steal c2 lol. otherwise, who's up for some ashengate?

If I can get logged in, I'm in for some AG with both mages. They're 81 now, new pets, haste, and nukes!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dizz posted:

You can buy LoN boosters for 100sc? jesus gently caress i'm pretty interested in that!

I just wish I could actually get loving avatars from boosters.

Sorry if I'm missing something but why would you ever want to buy a LoN booster pack? Do you actually play the terrible card game?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

RCarr posted:

Sorry if I'm missing something but why would you ever want to buy a LoN booster pack? Do you actually play the terrible card game?

I only play it for the event prizes. a month ago I finished one that gave me a ton of adventure potions, invincibility potions, speed, health, and mana potions. pretty nice for something that gave me free cards.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
For some reason I'm addicted to this stupid(ly awesome) game again and I was wondering:

Does anyone know how to set a hotkey to max-zoom the camera out? I know you can do a 'user-defined' camera hotkey but that takes mouse control from your character. All I want is a key that'll do the equivalent of rolling the mouse wheel all the way back but instant. And, like, with a hotkey!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

10x of each of the collector's items. Am I supposed to make a new account for each potion or what?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dizz posted:

I only play it for the event prizes. a month ago I finished one that gave me a ton of adventure potions, invincibility potions, speed, health, and mana potions. pretty nice for something that gave me free cards.

People with disposable income purchase booster packs in the hope of getting a particular loot card. I once dropped $90 USD in hopes of getting a naggy familiar.

I didn't get poo poo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

People with disposable income purchase booster packs in the hope of getting a particular loot card. I once dropped $90 USD in hopes of getting a naggy familiar.

I didn't get poo poo.

That's why I haven't bought boosters yet. I just want different avatars to get extra potion packages and poo poo

but it seems like I can only get them in starter packs so gently caress that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dizz posted:

Nice, I had no idea you could get anything good out of that game. I might have to try it out.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RCarr posted:

Nice, I had no idea you could get anything good out of that game. I might have to try it out.

Kiss of Erolissi Marr and the Familiar of Lord Nagafen used to be the most coveted items. Kiss is a 10k mana click with an 18 hour cooldown, was kinda sweet back when 10k mana was a lot. And naggy familiar is a 800hp buff.

Nowadays there's still some useful poo poo like an AC trophy- Idol of Talendor, Drachnid Illusion has a dodge buff, Dragorn Illusion has a slashing buff, etc.

At least claim your 5 free packs each month and open those.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So I'm playing this game on the goon server and whenever I start EQ, all colors get much brighter like somebody reduced the saturation setting on my monitor. Does anybody know a way to fix that?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

I busted out my 57 monk and tested his fists and epic against a training dummy. Buffs were the same, some stat loss for taking off the epic.

Epic fists:
Combat Dummy Dena in 257s, 6k @23dps - Jukik 6k @23dps

Level 57 fists:
Combat Dummy Dena in 258s, 3k @13dps - Jukik 3k @13dps

In summary: Holy poo poo, low levels deal so little damage!

Here's two 14/18 weapons:
Combat Dummy Dena in 341s, 8k @24dps - Jukik 8k @24dps

Well since I was bored and nerdy as poo poo I decided to take my fists to some dummies on test. The results are fairly interesting. Tests were at lvl 61 against a lvl 60 dummy. Celestial tranquility and dragorn war mask illusion were running in all tests. Test runs were roughly 500 seconds each.

15/19 Primary, empty secondary (defiant gloves): DPS 110, MIN 12, MAX 219, AVG 73

Empty hands, no 1.0 (defiant gloves): DPS 82, MIN 12, MAX 258, AVG 85

Monk Epic 1.0: DPS 125, MIN 13, MAX 229, AVG 84

Celestial beats the poo poo out of empty, and also beats elaborate quickclaw at lvl 61 (15/19 at that level). The only really interesting thing about those numbers is that the celestial fists are apparently higher than 15 base damage now, because it beat out the 15/19 + bare on average hit.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 14, 2012

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

KaneTW posted:

So I'm playing this game on the goon server and whenever I start EQ, all colors get much brighter like somebody reduced the saturation setting on my monitor. Does anybody know a way to fix that?

This is an ultra-old gamma issue that the game's suffered from for years. There's not much you can do :( Or if there is, I sure don't know how and would like to.

PS a 500 second parse is not remotely statistically significant, which is why those average hits are skewed. Monkly Business and Evilgamer accept only 8+ hour parses (not making GBS threads you). A 500 second parse is equivalent to flipping a coin 3 times, getting heads every time, and deciding the universe is out to get you. As soon as I camp the KC pipe and finish my 1.0, I'll do some really long parses, but I promise the CF ratio is still 9/16 for sure

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

KaneTW posted:

Have you checked the gamma setting slider on the Options/Display window? I have mine set to 21% to make it roughly look like normal.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Thanks, gonna check that out.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So I replace my dead wireless router and then my network card dies, loving hell.

Oh, apparently they changed the actual transfer mechanics so you physically can't transfer off Test for the time being. Maybe they'll offer it again and I can move my SK a some point.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

PS a 500 second parse is not remotely statistically significant, which is why those average hits are skewed. Monkly Business and Evilgamer accept only 8+ hour parses (not making GBS threads you). A 500 second parse is equivalent to flipping a coin 3 times, getting heads every time, and deciding the universe is out to get you. As soon as I camp the KC pipe and finish my 1.0, I'll do some really long parses, but I promise the CF ratio is still 9/16 for sure

Ok here we go with more numbers. This time I did 2.5 hour tests twice. The only variable is that in the second test I put my 15/19 h2h weapon in the primary. As far as statistically significant data goes on both of these tests dps didn't vary by even one point in either direction during the last hour of the test, so I'd stake my nuts on the variance being less than half a percent. I'm sure 8+ hours would be even better, but since we're testing something with very little natural variance here the sample size doesn't need to be anywhere near what it would be for testing AC or stat effects or similar things. I used max normal hit data instead of max critical because the game hits the max normal hit a huge percent of the time and it is exact and significant.

Epic 1.0 only test:
-- DPS: 127,1 -- crit rate: 2,6% -- Attempts: 17853 -- Hits: 11768 -- Missed: 6085 -- Accuracy: 65,9% -- Avg Hit: 86 -- Max Normal Hit: 156

15/19 primary (epic 1.0 offhand) test:
-- DPS: 129,5 -- crit rate: 2,8% -- Attempts: 21176 -- Hits: 13893 -- Missed: 7283 -- Accuracy: 65,6% -- Avg Hit: 75 -- Max Normal Hit: 144

Conclusions: Offhand matters more than I thought. Epic 1.0 has larger base damage than 15 (Note that even though the average hit may have slight variance, the max hit doesn't. The max normal hit is conclusive on this.), and slower delay than 19. :spergin:

Nurge fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 14, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

So I replace my dead wireless router and then my network card dies, loving hell.

Oh, apparently they changed the actual transfer mechanics so you physically can't transfer off Test for the time being. Maybe they'll offer it again and I can move my SK a some point.

I really hope so. I'm so pissed I didn't get my monk off there.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

A 500s parse is fine for 'Which weapon is better?' when you have ones that are this far apart. For his, the epic is ~10% higher. Maybe slight different on a longer parse but I doubt that number is dropping to 0%.

8+ hours parses are for when you need to narrow things down to tenths/hundredths of a percent. Like picking up the changes from a new 25 tier of heroic stats or changing 50ac. Not when you're trying to pick between weapons that apparently have a different dps output around 50-10% less another one.

This isn't anything worth 20 hours of parsing because he go with the first data sets and have leveled into new weapons in that much time. Because who the gently caress cares that much about level 61 monk dps?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Decent but super limited time augs for you mid level gold level people:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5051

Get the quest for the highest level one that you can, then shroud (Find Spirit Shroud NPCs in PoK) down the go get the quests for the lower level augs. Do not finish the first quest before getting more quests. Once you have the quests, you're done with shrouds and can go collect all the pieces and do the turn-ins in your normal form.

The level 5 aug is 10ac and 10hp/mana, which is solid for a mid-level aug that takes very little work.

Be sure to get the quests for all the augs you want before finishing one, or you'll have to wait 18 hours to get another Gifts of Steel quest.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

jetz0r posted:

Decent but super limited time augs for you mid level gold level people:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5051

Gah! Why couldn't you have posted this sooner! Lol. The anniversary poo poo disappears tomorrow or the day after, I believe =/. Guess I'll work on them tonight.

Also, I found this awesome zone map, especially for returning people like myself:

http://samanna.net/eq.general/maps.shtml

Not only does it have zone connections, zones are also indicated as outdoor/indoor, instaced, color-coded to say what expansion it came out during, and has icons showing if there's a wizard port, druid port, guild hall port, Nexus, Magus, PoD, or PoK book. In short, it's awesome.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I have a bunch of elaborate gear from leveling up:

It goes Cloth/Chain/Plate/Leater. Just ask me if you need a piece and I'll try and hook you up whenever I'm in PoK/Guild Hall.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Nurge posted:

Ok here we go with more numbers. This time I did 2.5 hour tests twice. The only variable is that in the second test I put my 15/19 h2h weapon in the primary. As far as statistically significant data goes on both of these tests dps didn't vary by even one point in either direction during the last hour of the test, so I'd stake my nuts on the variance being less than half a percent. I'm sure 8+ hours would be even better, but since we're testing something with very little natural variance here the sample size doesn't need to be anywhere near what it would be for testing AC or stat effects or similar things. I used max normal hit data instead of max critical because the game hits the max normal hit a huge percent of the time and it is exact and significant.

Epic 1.0 only test:
-- DPS: 127,1 -- crit rate: 2,6% -- Attempts: 17853 -- Hits: 11768 -- Missed: 6085 -- Accuracy: 65,9% -- Avg Hit: 86 -- Max Normal Hit: 156

15/19 primary (epic 1.0 offhand) test:
-- DPS: 129,5 -- crit rate: 2,8% -- Attempts: 21176 -- Hits: 13893 -- Missed: 7283 -- Accuracy: 65,6% -- Avg Hit: 75 -- Max Normal Hit: 144

Conclusions: Offhand matters more than I thought. Epic 1.0 has larger base damage than 15 (Note that even though the average hit may have slight variance, the max hit doesn't. The max normal hit is conclusive on this.), and slower delay than 19. :spergin:

Weeeeeeeird. What's the damage bonus on the two weapons? I can't imagine them stealth boosting the 1.0 but them numbas don't lie. I really wish I had a 1.0 because I badly want to tinker with this poo poo now

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Can anyone recommend a type 4 aug for my weapons? I looked on the melee vendor, but he only has a 70dmg proc for 500pp. Didn't know if there were some type 4s I could reasonably get that added damage.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Can anyone recommend a type 4 aug for my weapons? I looked on the melee vendor, but he only has a 70dmg proc for 500pp. Didn't know if there were some type 4s I could reasonably get that added damage.

You can get DoN augs by buying radiant crystals.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

Weeeeeeeird. What's the damage bonus on the two weapons? I can't imagine them stealth boosting the 1.0 but them numbas don't lie. I really wish I had a 1.0 because I badly want to tinker with this poo poo now

If I understand the damage bonus system correctly since both use h2h skill they should both be equal. I can't see the one for the epic since it's a glove so I can't be completely sure it isn't manually handled somehow since they obviously did something to the epic at some point over the years, but the defiant damage bonus is 12 at level 61. Also do note that I had the dragorn war mask illusion running throughout the tests which gives an extra 10 damage bonus of some sort to h2h hits, so it will benefit the faster weapon more by my understanding for dps. It won't affect the average/max hit relative values though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Thank you Bugamol, hooked it up with elaborate defiant legs.