Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Dolash posted:

I thought so too, but recent events have made me less certain. I mean Aranea (can't remember her name) suggested to Terezi that the potential timeline she saw with her minds' eye is a real one that actually exists in paradox space, not just a consequences she foresaw. We still don't have a great grip on who actually exists in the dream bubbles and paradox space.

Foreseeing the timeline then acting to prevent it IS looping back into the Alpha, in my view. By the same token meeting a dead person in a dreambubble from an alternate timeline of which you had no prior knowledge is also looping back into the Alpha.

In the same conversation Aranea suggests to Terezi that an infinite number of minorly varying timelines don't exist, and aren't permitted to exist.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006671

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original subject of Rose's dreamself merge though. Maybe it worked because she did it on purpose, wereas in all other instances we're aware of no one else tried to actually impart memories to their past dreamself. Jade is hazy about what's going on when she's dreaming, so maybe there's something to say that what players do as their dreamself isn't always rational.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Universe B absolutely shits all over Universe A. I can't believe how good this is.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I took me until Bec Noir to really start enjoying the new album. Still great, but give me a week of listening to it straight so I can properly compare with Universe A.

Has there been any word on getting new Universe A Side One Indigo and Purple songs? It feels so weird to jump straight from Cobalt to Violet. There is a hole in my listening pattern, and I want to fill it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Pirate music ==> pirate music, not sure how this doesn't flow??? (I didn't hear it until after those tracks got taken out though, so)

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Universe B absolutely shits all over Universe A. I can't believe how good this is.

So much so that I just went a little nuts on the 'add to cart' button and bought a bunch of other albums I've been holding back on. :toot:

e/ Speaking of which, does anyone have metadata files for that track artist renaming widget yet?

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 14, 2012

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Apparently none of the songs on this album were re-purposed, supposedly, in comparison to the last. I guess everyone really, really wanted to do kid songs, which is understandable. (Although I'm still going :psyduck: over how almost none of the heavy hitters wanted to do Vriska or Karkat songs. Especially the former, I thought this contest was going to have a million assholes getting out their screechy guitars and tripping all over each other.)

That said, while this might level out once I listen to this album as much as I did to side A, so far it seems like this one has even more songs that are really great!

Eox posted:

I can't really describe how sad it makes me that none of Jades themes have Guardian in them anymore :smith:

I was always sad that John's themes never had Showtime anymore, which I saw as one of the most iconic Homestuck/John-centric songs. But then at least The Windy Thing came along and referenced it. :allears:

Pipeorgankind was also based on it, which was nice. Speaking of, I found it interested, since I had heard a version of Pipeorgankind a long while back, evidently it was in the works for a while. However, the one on the album was pretty overhauled, and is quite cool for it.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Renaissance Robot posted:

e/ Speaking of which, does anyone have metadata files for that track artist renaming widget yet?

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?42697-Tagstuck-%28formerly-Metastuck%29-Music-Metadata-Correction&p=6301269&viewfull=1#post6301269

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Renaissance Robot posted:

Pirate music ==> pirate music, not sure how this doesn't flow??? (I didn't hear it until after those tracks got taken out though, so)

It is not a flowing problem. There is a hole where sweaty robot soldier music and creepy dark clown murderer music should be.

EDIT: vvvvv The problem is that there is a hole, and I drat well want someone to write some sweet tunes for me to jam out too.

life_source fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 14, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think you mean there's a hole where Frozen Synapse music used to be.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Haha I love how Coolkid is just straight-up dubstep. I like it, but I never thought I'd see this kind of music on a Homestuck album

I like what I've heard of the album though

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Hey look, new Homestuck inspired ads!

god they wouldnt be moirails they would be matesprits you PLEBS *wipes cheetos dust off neckbeard*

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Midnight Raider posted:

Apparently none of the songs on this album were re-purposed, supposedly, in comparison to the last. I guess everyone really, really wanted to do kid songs, which is understandable.

No surprises there, the kids have much more well-established themes with lots of album history behind them. It's not like you can take a Doctor remix and say "oh yeah this is totally a Dave song."

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Actually,

Red Disk was re-purposed from a Hephastus song, which doesn't count in my opinion
Cyan Beast was re-purposed from a John song

That's it. So yeah, very little in comparison to Universe A

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
I think we're all overthinking the possibility for infinite timelines a bit .

Watuhboy posted:

Phantasmic Youngsters reminds me so much of a more minimalist Jessica by The Allman Brother's Band.

I am completely okay with this.

Yeah, starting at 1:51 is pretty much straight up this riff. Of all the homages present in Homestuck Music, Allman Brothers was one of the last I'd expect (right up there with Centerfold).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I didn't listen to the lyrics to the Squiddle song the first time around... :stare:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That's what happens when you let them sleep.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I didn't listen to the lyrics to the Squiddle song the first time around... :stare:

Judging from some of the responses in this thread, I think this wasn't uncommon, hilariously. You'd think people would know by now to be suspicious of anything Squiddly!

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
The mood discontinuity inherent in anything Squiddle-related makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :3: It's for kids, guys! But don't forget about the horrorterrors!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was feeling a bit grumpy about the whole Universe B > Universe A sentiments, since I really liked Universe A's album.

But I'm up to Ohgodcat, and well god drat. This is definitely one of my favorite HS albums. It's a race between this and The Felt, Volume 7, and Volume 8.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
I'm conflicted about the album version of Pipeorgankind. I feel like this version sounds more like an actual person is playing it, but I still like the older version better overall...

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think I prefer the Universe A album, both the songs and the fact that the majority of the album adheres to the coherent format. Not that this new one is bad, of course.

Also, crud. I was hoping I wouldn't be staying up until 2 am :f5:ing tonight.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Olivia42 posted:

I think I prefer the Universe A album, both the songs and the fact that the majority of the album adheres to the coherent format. Not that this new one is bad, of course.

Also, crud. I was hoping I wouldn't be staying up until 2 am :f5:ing tonight.

Hussie is gonna do what he usually does to me. I stay up late waiting and then decide to go to bed, sticking on rainymood or an audiobook to help me sleep, I'll just be drifting off then BEE BOOP, MSPANotifier goes off and I NEED to check the update. Godammit Hussie.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Maybe I can't objectively judge the two albums in comparison to each other because my songs only appeared on the first album, but I really do prefer Album B despite only being about a third of the way through it so far. Maybe it's just that it's easier to enjoy listening to Album B since I don't have to worry about one of my songs coming on and pulling me out of the listening experience, but also Album B just sounds more Homestuck-ish to me than Album A does from a stylistic point of view. Like, the genres and styles have the same eclectic range as the music team. Album B sounds almost like it could be Homestuck Volume 9 in a way Album A doesn't.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Grapplejack posted:

So hey uh I made some avatars, have at them thread

These are good avs.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Well Manicured Man posted:

Maybe I can't objectively judge the two albums in comparison to each other because my songs only appeared on the first album, but I really do prefer Album B despite only being about a third of the way through it so far. Maybe it's just that it's easier to enjoy listening to Album B since I don't have to worry about one of my songs coming on and pulling me out of the listening experience, but also Album B just sounds more Homestuck-ish to me than Album A does from a stylistic point of view. Like, the genres and styles have the same eclectic range as the music team. Album B sounds almost like it could be Homestuck Volume 9 in a way Album A doesn't.

Definitely. Almost all of the Universe A songs, especially the ancestors, had a weird faux-orchestral feel that I couldn't really get into, and most of the songs sort of blended together to me. (No offense WellManicuredMan.) Most of the universe B songs feel much more unique, and there are much more that stand up as there own musically. The only part of B I didn't really like was the beginning, oddly enough. The first song that struck out was Blue Atom, and the album didn't get amazing until the last section.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Well Manicured Man posted:

Again, in large part I think this is because it's a lot more anchored in Homestuck's recurring music themes. Stylistically, I think it's closer but still distinctly off; a lot of the bounce that characterizes a bunch of the music team's output is missing here. But god yes, it's amazingly eclectic, not just in terms of its internal range but also introducing some cool stuff in genres that haven't really shown up in official albums before.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Update with flash but its getting swarmed to hell.Cant see anything, stuck loading.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Flash update!

Can't get it to load, of course. It just wouldn't be Homestuck without crashing servers somewhere.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
This may be the coolest interactive flash yet.

fake edit: I hear vocals hidden in the music

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I got it to load! I will try and save it for y'all when I'm done, just in case.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I haven't seen the actual update for obvious reasons, but the pages after the flash look to have... interesting titles. Just "--" instead of "==>"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I sort to have to agree with Album A not feeling particularly homestuck, but so far I've enjoyed it a lot more then B. I'm actually feeling a bit of buyer's remorse on B.

Nothing I've heard on B has really struck a cord with me. It just feels all to mellow. I'm definitely more of a fan of the more high-energy stuff that's been a large part of the past albums.

That said both albums are very well done, but I hope its not too long before we see Vol 9. I'd really like to see some new material from the music team, Vol 8 may be my favorite album.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Cleretic posted:

I haven't seen the actual update for obvious reasons, but the pages after the flash look to have... interesting titles. Just "--" instead of "==>"

They are pesterlogs within the update.

So many things to learn:

Land of Crypts and Helium, with other three being LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX (probably jake)
Jane's consorts have been dead for millions of years.
All B2 kids dreamselves are going to die?! :ohdear:

tinaun fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 14, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
(spoilering for people who are still having trouble with the update) It uses music from Medium

YES

Edit: This is one of the coolest walkarounds yet. Very Myst-like!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

tinaun posted:

So many things to learn:

Jane's consorts have been dead for millions of years

They wait for she who would breed lilacs out of the dead land.? I know, that's a long shot...

The problem with the pesterlogs is of course if you got the flash to load, you aren't guaranteed to also get the pesterlogs to load :(

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
WHY WONT THESE loving CURTAINS OPEN

edit: nvm. wow, was not expecting that person to die. and definitely not like that.

snucks fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 14, 2012

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
HUSSIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE! Fix your drat servers!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/21064794312/there-are-way-way-way-too-many-people-trying-to

Everyone just stand back from your computers and go do something else for a while!

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

tinaun posted:

So many things to learn:

Land of Crypts and Helium, with other three being LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX (probably jake)
Jane's consorts have been dead for millions of years.
All B2 kids dreamselves are going to die?! :ohdear:

All four kids' consorts are going to be dead, it looks like. "One by one, the Nobles will come, only to find the remains of those who worshipped them and paved the way for their arrival."

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
So what's the official 'end' to the flash? Hoisting the lights up, pretty much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

thanks alot assbag posted:

So what's the official 'end' to the flash? Hoisting the lights up, pretty much?

Explore everywhere, it's much longer than that.

Try to get a companion