Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
So maybe uu and UU have a sort of Jekyll and Hyde thing going on? Although I can't see how that would work with them being each other's coplayer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Oh wow that flash.

Just finished it. "Proceed to next page?" There is no next page aaaaa

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
That was so loving cool holy poo poo.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Help! Can only find two of the correct skulls. I have the one in the scarab room and the one by the lights. Where's the last one?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

tinaun posted:

Explore everywhere, it's much longer than that.

Try to get a companion

Glad you mentioned that. I was about to quit!

The old Bionicle flash game they had on the Lego website was my poo poo back in the day and this gave me heavy vibes of that.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Color Printer posted:

Help! Can only find two of the correct skulls. I have the one in the scarab room and the one by the lights. Where's the last one?

Play with the lights some more.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
ignore this.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Augh, getting the Iguana skull is such a pain if you don't realize that one of the tablets actually has a clue and aren't all just background info and predictions of future events. You have to rig the lights to be in a specific direction so that Dirk's is shining into the hole your house was in, then go back to the cave with the Fourth Wall carved on it, then flip the small switch the light is pointing to.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 14, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

closeted republican posted:

Augh, getting the Salamander skull is such a pain if you don't realize that one of the tablets actually has a clue and aren't all just background info and predictions of future events. You have to rig the lights to be in a specific direction so that Dirk's is shining into the hole your house was in, then go back to the cave with the Fourth Wall carved on it, then flip the small switch the light is pointing to.

So it really is just like playing Myst!

This update is so amazing.

nerdbot posted:

Glad you mentioned that. I was about to quit!

The old Bionicle flash game they had on the Lego website was my poo poo back in the day and this gave me heavy vibes of that.

That Bionicle game was my loving childhood. Always ran slow on the crappy family computer, but I used to watch the cutscenes over and over again though.

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 14, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Augh, getting the Salamander skull is such a pain if you don't realize that one of the tablets actually has a clue and aren't all just background info and predictions of future events. You have to rig the lights to be in a specific direction so that Dirk's is shining into the hole your house was in, then go back to the cave with the Fourth Wall carved on it, then flip the small switch the light is pointing to.

Yeah, that's the one I was stuck on.

Also that is such a tease :gonk:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Loading hangs at 5% for me! :smith:

Is this just site load from so many people refreshing at once?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Side note, I love Roxy's priorities.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
loving Myst and "Rain" from Medium :allears:

But, argh, no "next page" to actually click on!

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Loading hangs at 5% for me! :smith:

Some of us are at 1%, don't boast. :colbert:

But seriously, I'm thinking I'm just going to have to follow Hussie's advice and wait for an hour or so. Keep spoilering, everyone!

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
^^^ :smith::hf::smith: we are the 1%

Argh it's cascade all over again. How are all you assholes getting this to load??

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man, the planet and music really gave me a Myst vibe, and then I found the puzzle(s).

I think I'd be willing to pay for Homestuck-themed Myst game.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Oxyclean posted:

Man, the planet and music really gave me a Myst vibe, and then I found the puzzle(s).

I think I'd be willing to pay for Homestuck-themed Myst game.

Make this happen Andrew Hussie

Seriously if he made a Myst-style game for a bunch of different lands it would be a hit. He'd have Scrooge McDuck levels of money.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Haha, the text boxes were messed up and cut off at the bottom for me, so I didn't even realize there was a clue on one of the tablets. I just brute forced the solution. Gonna have to redo it when it's more stable.

So uh, did Jake just die, is that why his lantern is out? I thought it was just for his dreamself but then he got hit in the head so I don't know.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

tinaun posted:

They are pesterlogs within the update.

So many things to learn:

Land of Crypts and Helium, with other three being LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX (probably jake)
Jane's consorts have been dead for millions of years.
All B2 kids dreamselves are going to die?! :ohdear:

So for LOCAH, LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX

(I didn't come up with any of this)

Land of Crypts and Helium

Land of P____ and Neon

Land of T____ and Krypton

Land of M____ and Xenon

The 4 Heroes become Nobles, and their lands are named for 4 noble gases. Quick, chem majors, what are important about noble gases?

EDIT: Also, if they continue with the corpse theme, then they will be Pyramids, Tombs, and Mausoleums?

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 14, 2012

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I'm pretty sure the lanterns represent dreamselves.

tinaun posted:

Land of Crypts and Helium, with other three being LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX (probably jake)
Jane's consorts have been dead for millions of years.
All B2 kids dreamselves are going to die?! :ohdear:

A lot of blatant foreknowledge on the tablets.
Along with that last one, there are going to be a bunch of empty Kernelsprites around... and we know resurrecting works with a dreamself-prototyped sprite.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A big flaming stink posted:

So for LOCAH, LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX

(I didn't come up with any of this)

Land of Crypts and Helium

Land of P____ and Neon

Land of T____ and Krypton

Land of M____ and Xenon

The 4 Heroes become Nobles, and their lands are named for 4 noble gases. Quick, chem majors, what are important about noble gases?

They don't combine with anything.
edit: Wikipedia says "odorless, colorless, monatomic gases, with very low chemical reactivity."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just want to say this is the coolest loving update ever and I'm incredibly impressed with Hussie right now.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Augh, getting the Iguana skull is such a pain if you don't realize that one of the tablets actually has a clue and aren't all just background info and predictions of future events. You have to rig the lights to be in a specific direction so that Dirk's is shining into the hole your house was in, then go back to the cave with the Fourth Wall carved on it, then flip the small switch the light is pointing to.

I got this far but cant figure out what to do next.

e: derp, nevermind.

e2: That was pretty drat amazing, go Hussie.

KoB fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 14, 2012

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from this it's that I never want to play Myst because goddamn I am poo poo at puzzle games.

KoB posted:

I got this far but cant figure out what to do next.

I was stuck on this too.

:siren: Here's what you do from there:
You're going to feel dumb, but when the pod popped out the last skull appeared. It's that grey blob that looks nothing like a skull. Just click around on the pod where it popped out. Seriously.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Can someone dig through their browser cache and repost this? :smith:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I saved the flash, but I'm not really sure how I'd get it to anyone.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dark Grapefruit posted:

So uh, did Jake just die, is that why his lantern is out? I thought it was just for his dreamself but then he got hit in the head so I don't know.

His dreamself died, but I think one of the other tablets hinted "Hope is dead on arrival" so probably soon. I bet Jane's wish revives him, though

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Oh this was so awesome. I've been waiting for a puzzle-like interactive update since I first heard about Homestuck and its interactive adventure game pages.

Also, yeah, UU and uu are totally the same person.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Elysiume posted:

I saved the flash, but I'm not really sure how I'd get it to anyone.

Host .swf file somewhere. People can then run it locally after downloading it.

I think?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Glory of Arioch posted:

Can someone dig through their browser cache and repost this? :smith:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f3hk3kn3an3aff6
Here you go.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Mirror here.

I'm having trouble finding the last skull myself.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

FutureSushi posted:

Mirror here.

Which last skull? There's the one in the mausoleum and the one stuck in the unfilled balloon.

For the first, get Roxy's light to go NE and head thataways. For the second, get Dirk's light to go NW and go down into the middle area.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

FutureSushi posted:

Mirror here.

For the last skull:

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I somehow completely missed the skull in the unfilled pod, what the heck. Thank you.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I am absolutely in love with the fact that a webcomic now needs a walkthrough.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Found a bug which would explain some problems:

If you don't let the balloon animation complete, the skull will never show up, making you have to restart the game. (that's what i did :saddowns:)

Alienwarez
Feb 9, 2004

It almost feels like cheating, but using tab to find all the clickable items made this much easier for me. Eagerly awaiting the next page!

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
I like how carving a wish onto the balloons was reminiscent of carving desires on the tablets in John's world. Also uu's comment of "Yes, isn't it wonderful" in response to Jane's "It's kind of creepy, I think I'm completely alone" was really powerful. It kind of came way back to the title, Homestuck, being secluded and alone, stuck in your house. All the kids who play live alone or with one parent, no friends outside home, only online friends. The game gives them what they want, an entire world to themselves, but it also forced them to cooperate in order to win, yet even with all the cooperation it's possible for them to never meet.

I really hope that wasn't just a throwaway line, and that it becomes really important.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Alienwarez posted:

It almost feels like cheating, but using tab to find all the clickable items made this much easier for me. Eagerly awaiting the next page!
I completely abused this. Still couldn't find the iguana skull in the unfilled pod until I looked around in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

tinaun posted:

Found a bug which would explain some problems:

If you don't let the balloon animation complete, the skull will never show up, making you have to restart the game. (that's what i did :saddowns:)

You know what I think that's what happened to me because I accidentally clicked away from the page and had to restart and only now did I see that.