Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So wait--at the end of my playthrough (is that even an accurate thing to say?) I had like one spare skull left that didn't fit into any of the slots. Was that supposed to be used for something else and I missed it or was it just an extra random thing? I'd go play it again but one time of bumbling around with those lanterns and poo poo was more than enough for me.

Wow that is a lot of spoilertext. Anyway, really excited to see the other kid's lands now. I can't say I'm hoping for another walk-around flash (at least not like this one), but land reveals are always a pretty fun thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blood Nightmaster posted:

So wait--at the end of my playthrough (is that even an accurate thing to say?) I had like one spare skull left that didn't fit into any of the slots. Was that supposed to be used for something else and I missed it or was it just an extra random thing? I'd go play it again but one time of bumbling around with those lanterns and poo poo was more than enough for me.

Wow that is a lot of spoilertext. Anyway, really excited to see the other kid's lands now. I can't say I'm hoping for another walk-around flash (at least not like this one), but land reveals are always a pretty fun thing.

You already used it. The flash just gave it back.

I presume it will become important later.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
At one point my mouse's left click started only interacting with the text. This was as the door opened and I got the boondollar, so I was getting a little bit annoyed before I just right clicked and pressed play for the ending.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So it looks like we can expect either another short flash or at least a nice little exploration sequence with Jane next. Also, new :sbahj: antics.

e/ Re: Myststuck, I just realised how much more Hussie is playing with the disconnected timeline thing this time; At the lanterns, the inscription talks about the consorts seeing Jane's light go out, something that from Jane's perspective happened just this morning, but for LOCAH was hundreds if not millions of years ago.

Makes me wonder how many sessions there might be where everything else is fine, but the players arrive centuries apart in the medium, despite being from the same time on their planet. Although given a good Time player that might not be anything more than briefly inconvenient I suppose.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 14, 2012

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Pretty sure you used it to get the lanterns to go up.

I really enjoyed the flash. I used to find the interactive ones kind of annoying, but I think that's because I was always keen to rush forward and catch up. Gotta say I would've been stuck without you guys though; even after reading about the skull next to the empty seed pod I nearly missed it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Welp, got my boonbuck, and now the text box is in the way of the clickable part of the dialog box, so I guess I'm doing this one all over again!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Didn't Jane's kernelsprite sink into the pit? How is she going to prototype it at all now?! Actually, my lil theory is she'll make it down to her house and end up prototyping it with the turtle skull (since, as we know, they're attracted to the dead). Or it's gone and she has to work her way through early Sburb with ingenuity.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Turtleskullsprite falls into a pool by accident, and become Squirtlesprite. Fiduspawn, GO!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Welp, got my boonbuck, and now the text box is in the way of the clickable part of the dialog box, so I guess I'm doing this one all over again!

I got this error too, you can just right click the flash screen and hit 'Play'; all it does is take you through the door and tell you to proceed to the next page anyway, since Hussie ran out of time and space to put the next bit in.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

ArfJason posted:

That thing owned loving bones and I regret never finishing it.

WELL THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN, MEGACUKERS.

http://www.tronec.org/bmp/files/gms/online/MataNuiOnlineGame/player.swf

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Just in case:

Renaissance Robot posted:

e/ Re: Myststuck, I just realised how much more Hussie is playing with the disconnected timeline thing this time; At the lanterns, the inscription talks about the consorts seeing Jane's light go out, something that from Jane's perspective happened just this morning, but for LOCAH was hundreds if not millions of years ago.

Makes me wonder how many sessions there might be where everything else is fine, but the players arrive centuries apart in the medium, despite being from the same time on their planet. Although given a good Time player that might not be anything more than briefly inconvenient I suppose.

Of course it's still not entirely clear what the nature of the lands' existence before entry is; are they actually around, or do they spring up fully formed (history and all, like a video game level loaded into memory - this has come up before in this thread) when the player enters? Of course the lights could just simply have been prophetic.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
sbahj just jumped the shark by portraying an incredibly faint awareness of human anatomy

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hit tab until the door is highlighted, press enter.

JessKay
Oct 16, 2011

Sometimes my brain worries me. In this particular instance, it's because regardless of knowing what they actually mean, every time I've seen someone on this thread mention LoPaN, I can't help thinking of this guy:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
As much as I loved the new update for it's interactivity and Myst-esque creativity, I kinda wish we get to see some Hussie & Vriska fallout soon.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Holy poo poo a whole boonbuck :woop:

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
One benefit of this flash is that it will help us identify more with the relatively bland Jane (her romantic misadventures already helped a bit with that of course).

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Didn't Jane's kernelsprite sink into the pit? How is she going to prototype it at all now?! Actually, my lil theory is she'll make it down to her house and end up prototyping it with the turtle skull (since, as we know, they're attracted to the dead). Or it's gone and she has to work her way through early Sburb with ingenuity.

Hm... Lil Seb also sunk down into the pit with the house, but appears later on the ground level with Jane. While its true he can climb out of the pits, maybe this isn't the same Lil Seb that sunk, just like the bunny had all the time shenanigans to make it to the various points it appeared in the first session.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Got my boonbuck from an awesome flash, great way to start the day off. I wonder what that last skull will be used for?

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

TheDemon posted:

Hm... Lil Seb also sunk down into the pit with the house, but appears later on the ground level with Jane. While its true he can climb out of the pits, maybe this isn't the same Lil Seb that sunk, just like the bunny had all the time shenanigans to make it to the various points it appeared in the first session.

By now so many theories that seemed patently ridiculous have turned out to be correct, to the point that it is now hard to discount anything out of hand, no matter how stupid it sounds.

Your theory, however, is definitely wrong.

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with

Grapplejack posted:

This one really is fantastic. Do you mind if I pick it up when I can think of some title text?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ghoulish Sandwich posted:

This one really is fantastic. Do you mind if I pick it up when I can think of some title text?

[color="#a10000"]the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with[/color]

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Just beat - er, read? - the update. Figuring it out was immensely satisfying and I find I have a smidgen more respect for Tavros for wanting to figure this stuff out.

I'm also reminded how often readers (including myself, at times) have clamoured to see more of how the game itself actually proceeds, and this was a very fun insight into that.

Huge credit to Hussie and associates, every new sort of update we keep saying "Oh man, this is the best one yet," yet they keep topping themselves.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

That flash was brilliant, I wasn't expecting it to be so long. I kept thinking "it has to be done now" but then it kept going. I felt like a total boss for solving the cake and scarabs puzzle. Nice work, Hussie.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I have got to say that this was pretty amazing. I loved the way the flash played out, though I did need some help from the thread to get that damned iguana skull. I did everything required to get it of course, but I didn't notice it. :doh:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Interesting how when John first went into the Medium, there were imps running around immediately, and his Exile was immediately yelling at him.

Jane has neither of these. The lack of an exile makes a bit more sense because of the future of Earth, but it is still an interesting comparison.

Will Roxy have a combat heavy walk around to mirror Rose's calm one?
Will Dirk spend a long time debating with the Auto Responder about what to prototype his sprite with to mirror Dave's future self taking the decision away from current Dave?
Will Jake be awake to mirror Jade being asleep?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The flash seemed to imply Roxy would enter next, but isn't Dirk next in line? Or I guess, the order of the chain doesn't matter as long as it eventually connects? So Jake will get Roxy in, she will get Dirk in, and Jane gets Jake in?

Which actually would more or less mirror the B1 kids' order.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Wow, that was fun. Took me way too long to realise that you could click on the hole next to Jade's obelisk though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So is there no Land of ____ and Frogs?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That makes sense, since there is no Space player amongst the B2 kids.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ghoulish Sandwich posted:

Go for it! Anyone can take the avatars I post in the thread. :)

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
That game was so awesome! I really, really loved the eerie emptiness of it and the music was perfect. Now I want to go buy Myst since everyone's saying it's so similar. I wish I hadn't gone through it with my boyfriend though. He has played puzzle games his whole life and solved everything right away before I got a chance to think about it :(. If another one of these play through things ever comes up, I'm keeping it to myself!

Have we heard any of that music before? I haven't really been keeping up with the fan albums.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The music was "Rain", from Medium (released exactly one year ago).

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Zorak posted:

Basically, yes. Or rather, they are each other and they are each other's dreamself at the same time. There is one of them and they share the same body, I am guessing. One falls asleep, the other awakes.

This theory has come up before and I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. UU has said she has a different blood colour to uu, and UU is female while uu is male. I guess the latter isn't totally conclusive as one of them could be trans (if that's even a thing with trolls), but the former seems to be. I think the two body dreamself interpretation (where UU and uu have separate bodies but UU is awake only when uu is asleep and vice versa) sounds more likely.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I finally solved it! Lil' Sebastian is the best :3:

What do you guys think happened to Jake at the end of that conversation?

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

Penis Ouija posted:

Sometimes my brain worries me. In this particular instance, it's because regardless of knowing what they actually mean, every time I've seen someone on this thread mention LoPaN, I can't help thinking of this guy:

If immediately thinking of Big Trouble in Little China when I read the name LOPAN is wrong, I don't wanna be right :colbert:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I'm not usually a huge fan of the Myst thing, but it's okay in small doses like these! Or I guess it could just be that it works better as a delivery mechanism for a story I already care about than as a standalone game.

Pastrymancy posted:

What do you guys think happened to Jake at the end of that conversation?

I'm going to stop using spoiler tags because by now anyone who decides to read the thread before playing the game has only themselves to blame. :colbert:

I'm guessing Jake was hit by a falling piece of masonry from the ruins or something; the skulltop is obviously no longer working, but I expect Jake is fine. (Though he might be out cold for a minute and start running into A1 trolls again.)

He just has too much stuff pending, and one of Jane's clouds showed him alive in front of the ruins during or immediately before the volcano's eruption, not wearing the skulltop. I suppose that could have been before he put it on to talk to Jane, but that would make for awkward timing. We'll find out before long, I expect.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I didn't really realize it until I was looking back, but my immediate favorites on Universe B were Orchid Horror, Pink Cat, Vodka Mutiny, and Rustless Fall. There are others that I like a lot, but those are the ones that clicked first. And those are all of the songs with just Rose and/or Roxy.

edit: Also Clockstopper samples Vriska stuff, right?

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 14, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Nate RFB posted:

The music was "Rain", from Medium (released exactly one year ago).

It was weird hearing rain without light attached. If you own the album, I heavily recommend combining tracks. Rain on its own was better for the flash to contribute to the desolate atmosphere, though.

I guess it was nice seeing the boonbuck. The Nobles will need to climb their echeladders somehow.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Nice to see the return of the Problem Sleuth 3 Skull locking puzzle. At least Jane didn't have to use her own skull for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I cannot for the life of me find the last skull. I've got the alligator, the turtle, the salamander skull. What am I missing here? Blaaargh