Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

I cannot for the life of me find the last skull. I've got the alligator, the turtle, the salamander skull. What am I missing here? Blaaargh

Look for mirrors. This flummoxed me for a bit as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

pumpinglemma posted:

This theory has come up before and I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. UU has said she has a different blood colour to uu, and UU is female while uu is male. I guess the latter isn't totally conclusive as one of them could be trans (if that's even a thing with trolls), but the former seems to be. I think the two body dreamself interpretation (where UU and uu have separate bodies but UU is awake only when uu is asleep and vice versa) sounds more likely.

Spoiler tags aren't necessary, there's nothing here from the flash.

Anyway, why isn't that possible? This is a personality who represents the fandom, writing their fanfic and drawing fanart, why do you assume they are telling the truth about their nature and not trying to be something they aren't? Uranian was already caught trying to fudge the truth and redirecting things.

poo poo, what evidence is there that they are even a troll?

Those horns?

UranianUmbra likes cosplay.

:monocle:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

snucks posted:

sbahj just jumped the shark by portraying an incredibly faint awareness of human anatomy

Recent SBaHJ comics have been in a different style than the earlier ones, and we still don't know the secret of why there's no #39 (there's no way this doesn't mean anything, considering the timing of it). I currently speculate that some were drawn by Dirk.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Popo posted:

Nice to see the return of the Problem Sleuth 3 Skull locking puzzle. At least Jane didn't have to use her own skull for this one.

I think you mean the return of the Jailbreak 3 Pumpkin locking puzzle.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bongo Bill posted:

Recent SBaHJ comics have been in a different style than the earlier ones, and we still don't know the secret of why there's no #39 (there's no way this doesn't mean anything, considering the timing of it). I currently speculate that some were drawn by Dirk.

I thought the different style was because Davesprite's been doing them? Although I don't know if he can post things on the internet from his current location.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
I think that the whole Jake = Lord English thing is actually not going to be literal. So far most of the kids still have no clue who the gently caress Lord English is, but the new kids, being Nobles, are probably going to get used to being called "Lord Crocker" "Lord Lalonde" etc. So when someone finally tells them that the greatest threat to the world, the true villain they must face, is "Lord English" then of course they're going to think that they're talking about Jake.

So that's a lot of drama and confusion that can happen. "We're here to kill Lord English!" "What has Jake done wrong?!"

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Yeah, however it plays out it'll be a bit tricky.

What's clear is that LE can't get into this universe in his normal fashion, since it's been strongly implied there's no Doc Scratch. So unless Lord English has a second, more animalistic form (Ganon/Ganondorf style) and the kids and trolls allow the Alpha universe to "end" to summon him via Gcat, LE might show up either through some shenanigans regarding Jake (either Jake is him, or Jake is being groomed to serve, Scratch-like, as his conduit?) or LE will use his takeover of Hussie's author mansion as a way to pass between universes. Or even more likely, some combination of these options.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So is there no Land of ____ and Frogs?

There is; it's Jade's.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Yeah, however it plays out it'll be a bit tricky.

What's clear is that LE can't get into this universe in his normal fashion, since it's been strongly implied there's no Doc Scratch. So unless Lord English has a second, more animalistic form (Ganon/Ganondorf style) and the kids and trolls allow the Alpha universe to "end" to summon him via Gcat, LE might show up either through some shenanigans regarding Jake (either Jake is him, or Jake is being groomed to serve, Scratch-like, as his conduit?) or LE will use his takeover of Hussie's author mansion as a way to pass between universes. Or even more likely, some combination of these options.

Keep in mind with his ***Already here*** gimmick, plus showing up to intimidate the handmaid while Doc scratch was still alive, there's no need for him to have an emergence mechanism to have a physical presence.

Plus, come to think of it, do the kids even have a reason to care about LE? I assume Rose knows about him in some form since scratch mentioned him and she's been doing research, but their primary antagonist has always been Jack.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 14, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

There is; it's Jade's.

Woah, I just realized that the B1 and B2 sessions were always meant to be together, (in order to be a complete successful session, they need both session's planets/Skaias) so it's basically one giant Mobius Double Reacharound. It just goes right back to the whole theme of bifurcation. Universe B was meant to create one unified session all along! :psyduck:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Constable Lemon posted:

Woah, I just realized that the B1 and B2 sessions were always meant to be together, (in order to be a complete successful session, they need both session's planets/Skaias) so it's basically one giant Mobius Double Reacharound. It just goes right back to the whole theme of bifurcation. Universe B was meant to create one unified session all along! :psyduck:

There is a crazy amount of intertwined causality between the sessions. Remember that the only reason Jack Noir was able to go murdernuts was that he had John's rabbit--that Jake made--to kill the Black Queen.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

A big flaming stink posted:

Keep in mind with his ***Already here*** gimmick, plus showing up to intimidate the handmaid while Doc scratch was still alive, there's no need for him to have an emergence mechanism to have a physical presence.

But that's because LE enters a universe at a particular point (usually, Scratch claimed, the end of a universe) and then time-travels to any other point in that universe's history. He's already here even though he technically always precedes his own arrival. If there's any weakness he has where those "glitches in spacetime" might catch him, I'd say it's that he requires an entry point. If his entry point is always at the moment a universe dies, then it seems no one can really stop him. If it occurs at some other time, in some other circumstance, however...

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Captain Oblivious posted:

I cannot for the life of me find the last skull. I've got the alligator, the turtle, the salamander skull. What am I missing here? Blaaargh

Did you get the one that popped up when you inflate the pod? That's the one that stumped me.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Well that sure as a cool as hell flash. Still haven't had much time to listen to this new album but I bought it after listening to 1.25 songs. Orchid Horror is something truly spectacular. Can't wait to hear the rest!

I also love that Rain was used from Medium; my favorite from that album by a lot.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

So if lighter-than-air helium pods are the thing for this planet, what are the other Noble Gases going to do on the other worlds? From my memory of chemistry in School I can only think of lighting and lasers as the possible applications of the others, so I'm not really sure how they would have a meaningful stamp on the planets considering we've only just seen LOCAH and already we've had a light beam puzzle.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well neon would be easy, since neon lights have a very distinctive appearance and feel.

Maybe the krypton planet could be Superman themed. :v:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Regy Rusty posted:

Well neon would be easy, since neon lights have a very distinctive appearance and feel.

Roxy's planet will be covered in nightclubs, then. Sounds about right.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A detective and an incredibly dangerous lagomorph team up to solve convoluted puzzles. What a roundabout way to make a Sam & Max reference. :v:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
If the P in LoPaN stands for "Pyramids" then it pretty much has to be Roxy's land. Since, you know, Pyramids, Egypt, Cats.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

But that's because LE enters a universe at a particular point (usually, Scratch claimed, the end of a universe) and then time-travels to any other point in that universe's history. He's already here even though he technically always precedes his own arrival. If there's any weakness he has where those "glitches in spacetime" might catch him, I'd say it's that he requires an entry point. If his entry point is always at the moment a universe dies, then it seems no one can really stop him. If it occurs at some other time, in some other circumstance, however...

What if they make a universe that doesn't die?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I think it is time for me to shed my "stupid newbie" status

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

What if they make a universe that doesn't die?

Then the reason it doesn't die (or, at least, isn't killed; it's possible that universes are mortal) is because Lord English wasn't already there to kill it; he was denied an entry point to it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Well Manicured Man posted:

If the P in LoPaN stands for "Pyramids" then it pretty much has to be Roxy's land. Since, you know, Pyramids, Egypt, Cats.
Ok I'm pretty sure this might be it for her, and that all the first letters will be varieties of crypts.

LOTAK: Land of Tombs and Krypton

LOMAX: Land of Mausoleums and Xenon

LOPAN: Land of Pyramids and Neon

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Isn't LOPAN after LOCAH? I thought the order on the tablet was LOCAH, LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX, which would make LOPAN Dirk's since he's Jane's server, and if he's successful in making Jake his server, make LOTAK Jake's.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

dumb brunette posted:

Isn't LOPAN after LOCAH? I thought the order on the tablet was LOCAH, LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX, which would make LOPAN Dirk's since he's Jane's server, and if he's successful in making Jake his server, make LOTAK Jake's.

I'm pretty sure LOMAX is Jake's because it's a reference to one of Jake's favorite movies, Weekend at Bernie's. Then again, it could be a red herring.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's possible Dirk won't enter next.

Jane enters via Dirk
Roxy enters via Jake
Dirk enters via Roxy
Jake enters via Jane

I don't think it matters as long as the chain is complete, as showcased by the Red/Blue team nonsense.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Well Manicured Man posted:

I'm pretty sure LOMAX is Jake's because it's a reference to one of Jake's favorite movies, Weekend at Bernie's. Then again, it could be a red herring.

I could absolutely believe this, which is why I said "if Dirk is successful." Maybe they're going to need to speed Roxy into the game instead since apparently everything where she's at is on fire and gently caress up the order completely, I could believe that too.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

dumb brunette posted:

Maybe they were all intended to be the worlds of who we expected, but then Dirk's plan to make Jake be his server caused everyone to mix up? If Dirk has pyramids and neon then I'm just imagining him in the Hunk Rump Nightclub having to resist temptations and save himself for Jake, followed by THIS IS STUPID.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

While the noble gasses thing is a great notion, I'm having doubts that all the worlds are also going to be crypt-variants. I got the impression that the Crypts aspect of Jane's world had to do with her personal quest as a Maid of Life involving reviving a dead planet: there's even a rainbow moss thing you can click that even has some message about the planet wanting to be lush and fertile, but nothing can survive on the surface.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Shows what you know, Hussie, I don't need no walkthrough. :smug:

PS Hussie made a walkthrough.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Update. If you ask me, Hussie lost out on an opportunity of having people call a 900 number for tips. I suppose people would have checked Gamefaqs instead.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

It's possible Dirk won't enter next.

Jane enters via Dirk
Roxy enters via Jake
Dirk enters via Roxy
Jake enters via Jane

I don't think it matters as long as the chain is complete, as showcased by the Red/Blue team nonsense.

Yeah, if I recall Aradia was brought into the game first by Nepeta, then did all the server stuff for Equius from within the game? So as long as everyone just ends up in the game it's probably cool.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Goddamn posted:

While the noble gasses thing is a great notion, I'm having doubts that all the worlds are also going to be crypt-variants. I got the impression that the Crypts aspect of Jane's world had to do with her personal quest as a Maid of Life involving reviving a dead planet: there's even a rainbow moss thing you can click that even has some message about the planet wanting to be lush and fertile, but nothing can survive on the surface.

It remains to be seen how her aspect will affect all of that, but one of the tablets explicitly said that all of the players will find their consorts long-dead:

quote:

The Nobles will arrive one by one. First to LOCAH, then to LOPAN. Then comes LOTAK, followed by LOMAX. One by one, the Nobles will come, only to discover the remains of those who worshipped them and paved the way for their arrival.

Of course that doesn't mean the other lands might not be better equipped with vegetation and smaller wildlife. We'll see.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Shows what you know, Hussie, I don't need no walkthrough. :smug:

PS Hussie made a walkthrough.

To be fair we kind of made our own walkthrough, even if it is behind a wall of spoilers.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

nerdbot posted:

Yeah, if I recall Aradia was brought into the game first by Nepeta, then did all the server stuff for Equius from within the game? So as long as everyone just ends up in the game it's probably cool.
Also Karkat brought in Sollux while he was in Gamzee's world.

Well, tried to.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I find the comparisons to Myst pretty funny considering the huge gap in difficulty between the two, coupled with the fact that so many people needed walkthroughs just to complete this. Buddy, if you couldn't puzzle out the stuff in this then Myst would kick you in the groin and push you down a flight of stairs in the same amount of time.

Adventure games in my day... :corsair:

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
They will all be:

Land of Pyramids and Neon
Land of Tombs and Krypton
Land of Masoleums and Xenon

Edit: Oh duh, this was already mentioned. Still, I think it's a pretty funny idea that they could all end up being basically the same, but at the same time, completely different

thanks alot assbag fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 15, 2012

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?
Reading the walkthrough made me realise I did that game in the most inefficient and timeconsuming way possible. Oh well. It was still fun. :shobon:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

nerdbot posted:

Equius entered first; that was just non-linear storytelling as usual. Point is, it doesn't matter who connects to whom since Skaia will place you where it drat well pleases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Daius posted:

I find the comparisons to Myst pretty funny considering the huge gap in difficulty between the two, coupled with the fact that so many people needed walkthroughs just to complete this. Buddy, if you couldn't puzzle out the stuff in this then Myst would kick you in the groin and push you down a flight of stairs in the same amount of time.

Adventure games in my day... :corsair:

Yeeah, I mean now that I'm looking at it a day after the fact, it's hardly comparable to even the kind of crap you'd find in LucasArts games. (I'm looking at you, Curse of Monkey Island quicksand puzzle :argh:)

I'll be honest though; I just put the cake down because I figured it was the last thing Jane needed in her inventory, not because I knew the scarabs would eat it. You can tell I'm really good at this kind of thing :downs: