Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

paint dry posted:

loving Thatcher. Is she dead yet? Gonna dance on that grave for sure.

I can't believe you would say such a thing about an 86 year old woman who struggles with dementia!

:ssh:who was also a close personal friend of Pinochet and admired him for 'bringing democracy to Chile'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

If you wanna watch a terrible Tea Party band, check out Sons of Liberty. It's a side project of Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer. I'm not into metal at all, but an old coworker of mine had an extra ticket to see Iced Earth in DC and wanted me to come with. I felt like he'd be disappointed if I didn't, so I went along with him. I figured I wouldn't be that into Iced Earth, but I had no clue about the opener. Schaffer gets on stage and introduces his band and how close to his heart these issues are. At one point he started an "END THE FED" chant, and then performed a song called "Don't Tread on Me." While waving a gigantic "Don't Tread on Me" flag around on the stage. And though I'm not one to critique metal since I'm not a fan, I think the music itself sucked.
I should've known something was amiss when the coworker asked me if I thought Obama was an American during the drive up.

Ah, man. Iced Earth :( I used to love those guys, back in my really heavy metal days. And even now, their stuff is still good, off the right albums. But they always had a weird jingoistic streak that got worse after 9/11 which really alienated me from them (and makes their attachment to Ron Paul seem really weird).

I really liked them when they were making stuff like this:

But fortunately I had moved on before this:

And apparently Jon Schaffer has only gotten crazier in the years since.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Z-Magic posted:

I can't believe you would say such a thing about an 86 year old woman who struggles with dementia!

:ssh:who was also a close personal friend of Pinochet and admired him for 'bringing democracy to Chile'.

Did she really credit Augusto Pinochet, who overthrew a democratically elected leader in a military coup, with bringing democracy to Chile?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Unfortunately, I come to this thread bearing a gift. My dad is usually pretty awesome about not forwarding me emails like this, but something about this one spoke to him, I guess.

quote:

SOME OF YOU WILL APPRECIATE THIS AND SOME OF YOU WILL NOT.

I DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR SENDING THIS BECAUSE ALL OF IT IS TRUE.

If any other of our presidents had doubled the National Debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would You have Approved?

If any other of our presidents had then proposed to Double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had criticized a State Law that he admitted he never even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot Head?

If any other of our presidents joined the country of Mexico and sued a State in the United States to force that State to continue to allow Illegal Immigration, would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he was on?

If any other of our presidents had pronounced the Marine Corps as if it were the Marine Corpse, would you think him an Idiot?

If any other of our presidents had put 87,000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one foreign company had an accident, would you have agreed?

If any other of our presidents had used a forged document as the basis of the moratorium that would render 87000 American workers unemployed, would you support him?

If any other of our presidents had been the first President to need a :siren: teleprompter :siren: installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If any other of our presidents had spent hundreds of thousands of Dollars
to take his First Lady to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had reduced your retirement plan holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD's, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had given the Queen of England an IPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought it to be a proud moment for America ?

If any other of our presidents had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If any other of our presidents had filled his Cabinet and circle of Advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their Income Taxes, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had stated that there were 57 states in
the United States , wouldn't you have had second thoughts about his capabilities?

If any other of our presidents would have flown all the way to Denmark
to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in his home town, would you not have thought he was a self-important, conceited, egotistical jerk?

If any other of our presidents had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to
"Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was "The 5th of May" (Cinco de Mayo), and then continue to flub it when he tried again, wouldn't you have winced in embarrassment?

If any other of our presidents had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a Hypocrite?

If any other of our presidents' Administrations had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If any other of our presidents had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest, with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing Political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If any other of our presidents had created the positions of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

Can't think of anything? Then you'd better start worrying. He's done all these things in 28 months -- and you have less than 19 months to come up with an answer.

Every statement and action in this email is factual and correctly attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record and completely verifiable.

I WONDER ...... HOW MANY OF YOU WILL FORWARD THIS?

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

I love how much of this is just thinly-veiled jabs at Obama being dumb/ignorant, I guess because they still have their feelings hurt over Bush getting picked on. If anyone more informed than me wants to take a crack at debunking some of the other claims, please do.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bruce Leroy posted:

Did she really credit Augusto Pinochet, who overthrew a democratically elected leader in a military coup, with bringing democracy to Chile?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/304516.stm

quote:

She added: "I'm also very much aware that it is you who brought democracy to Chile, you set up a constitution suitable for democracy, you put it into effect, elections were held, and then, in accordance with the result, you stepped down."

Probably more like "brought our kind of democracy to Chile."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

RumbleFish posted:

Unfortunately, I come to this thread bearing a gift. My dad is usually pretty awesome about not forwarding me emails like this, but something about this one spoke to him, I guess.

I love how much of this is just thinly-veiled jabs at Obama being dumb/ignorant, I guess because they still have their feelings hurt over Bush getting picked on. If anyone more informed than me wants to take a crack at debunking some of the other claims, please do.

Point out that Reagan TRIPLED the national debt.

Edit: God loving dammit, Eric Cantor blocked aid to the Midwest to preserve tax breaks, and Obama gets the blame?

How do you lose a messaging war to the people who do that?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 14, 2012

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Here's the thing I don't get...

quote:

If any other of our presidents had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD's, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If any other of our presidents had given the Queen of England an IPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought it to be a proud moment for America ?

...wouldn't these be considered good things to them? Barry not being a politically correct human being or spending a ton of government OUR TAX MONEY on pointless gifts for foreign dignitaries.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

RumbleFish posted:

I'd just reply-all with a photo of Reagan with a teleprompter and say, "Apparently you're a liar."

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Sporadic posted:

...wouldn't these be considered good things to them? Barry not being a politically correct human being or spending a ton of government OUR TAX MONEY on pointless gifts for foreign dignitaries.

Yeah but a black man did it ergo

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

The first one is completely and utterly false. Its just a matter of math. Debt in 2009: $10T. Expected Debt in 2013: $15T.

That is 50% in 4 years, nowhere close to 100% in one year. Someone else already mentioned Reagan... $1T in 1981 to $2.6T in 1989. The fiscal Jesus of the Republican party nearly tripled the National Debt in 8 years. That is actually a verifiable fact, the Treasury Department makes those statistics publically available.

A lot of the other stuff is total garbage too, but its 2am.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Christ, my Republican-as-hell dad just trolled me hard. We talk politics occasionally so I sent him an email today asking who he liked for the VP nomination. He replies "RICK SANTELLI", which catches me completely off guard. I did some googling to desperately try and figure out if it's become some bizarre Republican talking point in the last 24 hours to get Santelli on the ticket, and was even considering asking this thread or the Republican Primary one about it. A few hours later, he sends me another email reading "I AM loving WITH YOU".

I love that guy.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

VideoTapir posted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/304516.stm

Probably more like "brought our kind of democracy to Chile."

Yeah, that's how I understood what she meant even before you posted that. It's pretty classic paternalism from our western imperialism. The only legitimate governments are the ones that are puppets for western powers, even if they are fascist states (e.g. Cuba, Panama, Iran, Iraq, Chile, etc.).

What was hilarious to me was when my conservative friends and relatives who supported the Iraq War would talk /email me about how we needed to get rid of that tyrant Saddam and bring democracy to Iraq, all I'd have to do is send them that picture of Rumsfeld smiling and shaking hands with Saddam in the 1980s.

Sporadic posted:

No matter what he does, Barack Obama can't win with these people. He's in a perpetual catch-22 where he'll be criticized no matter what he does.

If he sends federal tax dollars to all the midwest flood victims, he gets criticized for subsidizing the bad decisions of Americans who chose to live on a flood plain and increasing the deficit, but if he doesn't send money, he gets criticized for being heartless towards their suffering and potentially even a racist because most of those flood victims were white. Where was all this outrage from conservatives about New Orleans during Katrina?

If he gives foreign dignitaries modern, yet personalized gifts that are relatively inexpensive (e.g. DVDs, personalized iPods, etc.) then he's criticized as lacking class, being dumb, and even "being ghetto" by more racist conservatives, but if he gives them some really fancy and expensive gifts then he's criticized for being a kleptocrat who is using our tax money to send gifts to his liberal European friends.

If he doesn't bow to the Saudi King or the Emperor of Japan, he gets criticized as lacking class and being disrespectful to our foreign allies, but if he does bow to them he gets criticized as submitting to foreign powers. Where were these conservatives when Bush literally kissed the Saudi King and walked hand-in-hand with him?

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

quote:

If any other of our presidents had put 87,000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one foreign company had an accident, would you have agreed?

I'm not sure if the author understands what the word "arbitrarily" means. Also, I found that factcheck.org has done a line by line response to this email:

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/06/obamas-bumbles/

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

Thatcher being terrible
Mock the Week on the plans for her funeral. Marvelous.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This was just posted in the Facebook thread in PYF. I think it's also appropriate here.

quote:

Gio Patrick S. PrequenciaJesus Christ
TAKE TIME TO READ. It's worth reading it. Trust me

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theatre became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

I half believe that this originally came from LF. It's almost too perfect.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 15, 2012

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This was just posted in the Facebook thread in PYF. I think it's also appropriate here.

Who then turned into a BEAR.

On a RASCAL.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

I keep hoping to see that pop up in my facebook feed just so I can reply with:

"And Einstein was a Socialist"

Z-Magic fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 15, 2012

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

quote:

If any other of our presidents had pronounced the Marine Corps as if it were the Marine Corpse, would you think him an Idiot?

Sorry if I'm being as dumb as Obama (and non American), but how would you pronounce 'corps' because I see it as being 'corpse'. Is it supposed to be core or something?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Vagina Jones posted:

Sorry if I'm being as dumb as Obama (and non American), but how would you pronounce 'corps' because I see it as being 'corpse'. Is it supposed to be core or something?

Yep. I don't remember hearing of tis incident or the 24-hour hatefest Fox tends to throw when these thighs happen, but I've seen that email in this thread before.

I read it the same, wrong, way in my head. I also refer to bass musical instruments like fish. :shobon:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Vagina Jones posted:

It's pronounced like a French word, so the consonants at the end are silent.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Vagina Jones posted:

It's pronounced like "core".

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:words:

What is with these emails/facebook screeds and college? Half of these emails always feature a strawman "liberal elitist professor" :rant:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Vagina Jones posted:

:eng101: Interestingly enough, the words share a common meaning, along with "corporeal" and "incorporate." The word stem "corp" comes from "corpus" meaning body. In each of the above words, it means a body of some sort; corpse is a dead body, a corps is an organized body of soldiers, corporeal means "having a body" or physical presence, and incorporate means "to create a body [for legal means]" i.e. as a single entity to whom laws can refer. Business, Inc. means that Business meets the legal requirements to be a person before the law.

But yeah, "corps" comes from French and sounds like "core."

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DarkHorse posted:

But yeah, "corps" comes from French and sounds like "core."
Wait, so Obama's getting poo poo from Republican for not speaking like a French person?

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

nm posted:

Wait, so Obama's getting poo poo from Republicans for not being white

Fixed that for you.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

constantIllusion posted:

What is with these emails/facebook screeds and college? Half of these emails always feature a strawman "liberal elitist professor" :rant:

There are a lot of fallacies at play there: strawman, false equivalence, denying the antecedent, etc. Most annoyingly is this though:

"Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor."

This is just outright false. :mad:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Z-Magic posted:

Fixed that for you.

No, you see that isn't shocking.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

quote:

Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?
Would a fancy liberal professor really teach this? Or just brush it off in the answer, at least? I know evolution-deniers always say like "if we evolved from monkeys then how come there are still monkeys :smug: check mate"

I guess I'm just disappointed in this Facebook posting's lack of accuracy

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

This whole 'corps' thing reminds me of when I went to military school for a year and one of the students, in front of a bunch of veteran Marines, said 'semper fee'.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is it with conservative/conspiracy theorist tangents and the severe overuse of ellipses? :psyduck:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

myron cope posted:

Would a fancy liberal professor really teach this? Or just brush it off in the answer, at least? I know evolution-deniers always say like "if we evolved from monkeys then how come there are still monkeys :smug: check mate"

I guess I'm just disappointed in this Facebook posting's lack of accuracy

Generally the term monkey and ape are used far more colloquially than they ought to be when we have rather specific terminology that unambiguously describes our phylogenetic place. You could argue that humans are still technically apes and monkeys depending upon how you express the term, though often people take apes to mean non-human hominoidea.

Most biologists would more appropriately state that we share a recent common ancestor with chimpanzees and gorillas, and that we are all part of the Primate order of the class Mammalia.

Of course none of this has any issue with whether or not "monkeys" still exist; it is entirely plausible for a species to diverge from an ancestor species and undergo changes over millions of years while the ancestor species undergoes few changes, depending upon environmental and genetic factors.

e: I should specify that I'm not a biologist or a scientist and this is going off of information obtained online by and large as it's been a while since I was in school. Always best to do your own research on the subject where possible.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 15, 2012

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

yaoi prophet posted:

This whole 'corps' thing reminds me of when I went to military school for a year and one of the students, in front of a bunch of veteran Marines, said 'semper fee'.

Isn't that more correct, though?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

VideoTapir posted:

Isn't that more correct, though?

In the same sense that Detroit is "correctly" pronounced "day-TWA".

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Plenty of Marines say Corps like corpse.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

myron cope posted:

Ask them if they have cousins.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

poopy pee pee fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 17, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

e: nvm, being a dumbass.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Blarghalt posted:

What is it with conservative/conspiracy theorist tangents and the severe overuse of ellipses? :psyduck:

Speaking of, what's with the new forum? I'd post in it but I don't have :10bux: to spare if it's just some kind of banme forum.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
^^^It's just an FYAD lite with better grammar. I enjoy it while it hasnt been beaten into the ground yet.

constantIllusion posted:

Because of the belief that Academia has a liberal bent, whether real or merely perceived. I feel that college definitely tends to be more liberal and my professors on average were more left wing (cept the history ones, go figure) but that was only my own experiences I don't want to make blanket judgements.

At its root it's because college opens people up to new experiences and new knowledge, and to those in a conservative religious mindset that's scary, because it's viewed as an attack to "override" your religion with logic. People always perceive those younger than them as more malleable and subject to outside influence, even if college kids are technically adults.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Speaking of, what's with the new forum? I'd post in it but I don't have :10bux: to spare if it's just some kind of banme forum.
It's basically FYAD spillover.