Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Fork And Knife posted:

Is there any Elder Scrolls game with alchemy where it's not at least a little broken?
Daggerfall, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, there you don't need to have a broken alchemy system when the character creation system allows you to already start with a broken PC. Then there's lycanthropy, which in itself is great, and with Hircine's Ring it gets broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Those are some great decisions, Katia :allears:

(update)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nooo! She left the clannfear behind!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Kazy posted:

Those are some great decisions, Katia :allears:

(update)
That is so going to end up in tears. And maybe alcohol, although I hope not because it would be overused and there are plenty of other things that could happen.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Well, this probably explains why Gro-Upp is so touchy about Sigrid. Maybe we'll end up with some kind of improbable team-up situation for a Sigrid beatdown (and/or murder, since this is Gro-Upp we're talking about)?

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

MikeJF posted:

Nooo! She left the clannfear behind!

come back clannfear, we need you

america needs you

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Zenzirouj posted:

Well, this probably explains why Gro-Upp is so touchy about Sigrid. Maybe we'll end up with some kind of improbable team-up situation for a Sigrid beatdown (and/or murder, since this is Gro-Upp we're talking about)?

Unfortunately the murder thing is impossible, what with Sigrid's plot armor.
But I would personally be fine with Gro-Upp getting his appear on again.

Welp, she's naked again. Maybe she can score some new clothes from a generous soul. Like maybe some robes. Red ones. From that guy camping outside the gate.

Oh, and I feel like posting my comment from the site for whatever reason.

I posted:

Bravo, Kazerad. Bravo.

I was expecting some truly epic dream-crushing with this update, but you've really outdone yourself. I thought it couldn't get any better when Katia gave Sigrid her robes, putting her back to square-"find clothes" again. But then you come out with the strawberry ice cream.

*standing ovation.*

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 13, 2012

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I hope this doesn't end it tears, but retribution. Swift vengeance is a good confidence-builder.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Holy poo poo, I lost it at the 2 full pages of cat puns. That thread's alright.

Especially this one:

quote:

oh no she cat-took all of your cat-things

you’re a cat

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Katia I think what Sigrid did with that perfume is a little fishy. I’m not even squiding. Remember herring from all those people about how this place is bad? I mean for god’s hake you’d think after all those warnings you’d have taken that last opertunaty to leave whale you had the chance. Perhaps it’s best you stop being so koi put all your carp back in your bag and take your leave before this whole situation becomes a huge pain in the bass.

Fork And Knife
Apr 10, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's the first nudity in the comic in a long time.

Wrist Watch posted:

Holy poo poo, I lost it at the 2 full pages of cat puns. That thread's alright.

Especially this one:

quote:

oh no she cat-took all of your cat-things

you’re a cat

:laughing:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Oh man I bust out laughing when the entire room started exploding with fire. :roflolmao:

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now it's on :munch:

it's gonna be a week before the next update isn't it:suicide:

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. It happens pretty often and I will try to change my opinion if I'm presented with evidence.
I'm expecting a non-stop stream of cat jokes until Katia's amulet bursts like an overripe melon and all of Kvatch is in flames.

Keep up the awesome work, Kazerad!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

IronSaber posted:

Oh man I bust out laughing when the entire room started exploding with fire. :roflolmao:

After that stream of bad puns I kind of expected her to go nuclear and cause the entirety of Kvatch to go up in flames.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Oh yeah, that underwear is supposed to be paint, huh? I wasn't expecting Katia to lose EVERYTHING on her.

I wonder what would happen if her subconscious used dog puns. :ohdear:

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. It happens pretty often and I will try to change my opinion if I'm presented with evidence.
Well, cats cause fire and dogs, being their metaphysical opposite, would likely create ice.

Given that fish give us telekinesis, though, I am suddenly wondering about the magical effects of turtle puns.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Axelgear posted:

Well, cats cause fire and dogs, being their metaphysical opposite, would likely create ice.

Given that fish give us telekinesis, though, I am suddenly wondering about the magical effects of turtle puns.
It'd be a shell of a time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Poor little clanfear was embarrassed. I love that little guy.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Soonmot posted:

Poor little clanfear was embarrassed. I love that little guy.

He needs a name at this point.

Clancy the Clannfear?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Clancy the Clannfear?

Diamond Joe, professional Clanfear

This is a pretty depressing way to get back to square one. :(

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
Hey, it's not all bad. She still has her spells. And her necklace. Didn't she level up or something at one point in the story?

I just wonder what she's going to do if the charming wears off. And I guess that's a big if, since that guard seemed downright infatuated with her. Then again, he seemed to hint he knew exactly what she was doing, but since it wasn't technically illegal, he was in awe.

Or who knows. That's two people in Prequel Adventure who I'd like to see immolated. Sigrid and the Orc. I guess the writing's having the effect it should!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

VictorGrunn posted:

Hey, it's not all bad. She still has her spells. And her necklace. Didn't she level up or something at one point in the story?
Nope. She's probably level 0. Maybe level 1 at best.

The easiest way to think of Katia right now is that she's just an NPC with some oddities about her, and she will remain a relatively unimportant NPC until she gets thrown into the jail at the Capital. People like Sigrid, more important characters in the grand scheme of things with plot armor, are able to manipulate her because they are using game mechanics like the dialogue wheel. Katia has nothing that separates her from any other mundane character right now except for some skills she has gotten access to early because of a few glitches.

The people submitting commands are the glitch. It's us.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

JT Jag posted:

The easiest way to think of Katia right now is that she's just an NPC with some oddities about her, and she will remain a relatively unimportant NPC until she gets thrown into the jail at the Capital. People like Sigrid, more important characters in the grand scheme of things with plot armor, are able to manipulate her because they are using game mechanics like the dialogue wheel. Katia has nothing that separates her from any other mundane character right now except for some skills she has gotten access to early because of a few glitches.

So Katia will have to fight Lord English?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Katia you burned the clannfear you deserve everything bad that happened to you

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

JT Jag posted:

This is getting seriously meta. Katia's likely to face off against the concept of the "Player Character", at this rate.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JT Jag posted:

She leveled in the ruins; she had one of the Oblivion level up messages.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

MikeJF posted:

She leveled in the ruins; she had one of the Oblivion level up messages.
Ok, maybe she leveled to level one.

If she levels up again I have concerns about her being the Oblivion player character. Because, you know, the PC starts at level one.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

JT Jag posted:

Ok, maybe she leveled to level one.

If she levels up again I have concerns about her being the Oblivion player character. Because, you know, the PC starts at level one.

Agreed, she's never getting another level. Indeed, my guess is that we're getting near to the end of the prequel part of Prequel here. It's my guess that Katia loses her amulet, blows up super-flammable Kvatch, and that's what gets her thrown in jail to start the game.

I'm hoping that Kaz carries on with the Oblivion story at that point, but I have a sneaking suspicion that'll be the end of it, which would be apropo if somewhat sad.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Katia might be the player character, but she might not be.

For all we know, she'll depose Sigrid and build the guild up from scratch, making it a great success.

...only for the whole thing to burn down and kill her when an Oblivion Gate opens right at the doors of Kvatch. :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

IronSaber posted:

Eepy.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Starting to update faster again I noticed.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

Katia might be the player character, but she might not be.

For all we know, she'll depose Sigrid and build the guild up from scratch, making it a great success.

...only for the whole thing to burn down and kill her when an Oblivion Gate opens right at the doors of Kvatch. :smith:

I prefer the "Katia never rebuilds her self-esteem, takes up her old cult-joining ways, and ends up joining that guy outside the city gate's cult, which later attacks the Emperor. Katia dies trying to kill the Emperor and the real player character, Ghro-Upp. Afterward Kazerad will post that he would have entertained any suggestions that kept her from this path, but that we as readers failed to save Katia with our poor ideas.

At the very least she has to flirt with the idea of joining a cult, if only to make good on that little bit of foreshadowing.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

jng2058 posted:

Agreed, she's never getting another level. Indeed, my guess is that we're getting near to the end of the prequel part of Prequel here. It's my guess that Katia loses her amulet, blows up super-flammable Kvatch, and that's what gets her thrown in jail to start the game.

I'm hoping that Kaz carries on with the Oblivion story at that point, but I have a sneaking suspicion that'll be the end of it, which would be apropo if somewhat sad.

My guess is that the story will end just as she is confronted by Uriel Septim and they have that moment of mutual recognition.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Perfume is flammable right?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dolash posted:

Afterward Kazerad will post that he would have entertained any suggestions that kept her from this path, but that we as readers failed to save Katia with our poor ideas.

All the poor ideas are on MSPAF :mad:

Seduction potion or not, she was doing the nice compliments and negotiations thing either way. Still with the aim of taking her stuff. (shoulda just stole some of the gold when you could)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Time for Katia to join the Mythic Dawn and open up an oblivion gate straight into Kvatch. :allears:

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Last update there were many complaints about the plot going nowhere with Katia being back at square one, but it looks like we're going somewhere with this. Katia's gonna barge right back into the guild hall and say, "Hey, you bitch!" or something like that.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I was just reminded of the bloody door in the basement of the guild.

We should sneak in and set whatever's behind it loose. Nothing could POSSIBLY go wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

jng2058 posted:

That can't be right. She has to deliver the package to Quill-Weave. :(

• Locked thread