Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is the 32 an import, or a proper Aussie delievered one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Beep Beep

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Is the 32 an import, or a proper Aussie delievered one?

It's an import, it came over from Japan about 3 years ago and I've owned it since. I'd love an Australian delivered one but $$$$

When I first got it (100% stock):

Relatively current. (Since these track pictures - less enormous exhaust, wider tyres, and more engine things)

If it won't poo poo up the thread I can elaborate on what I've done to it.

And don't listen to people who say you can't daily drive these. I've driven it almost every day for the last 3 years, putting in about 50k km and loved every minute of it.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Dinosorcerer posted:

It's an import, it came over from Japan about 3 years ago and I've owned it since. I'd love an Australian delivered one but $$$$

When I first got it (100% stock):

Relatively current. (Since these track pictures - less enormous exhaust, wider tyres, and more engine things)

If it won't poo poo up the thread I can elaborate on what I've done to it.

And don't listen to people who say you can't daily drive these. I've driven it almost every day for the last 3 years, putting in about 50k km and loved every minute of it.

That is a lovely R32. I'd like to hear about some of the engine mods if that's permitted.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

bird cooch posted:

Here is our runabout a 1979 vw rabbit. We are the second owners ever and its just great.

We both rotate through the cars during the week, the misses prefers the bmw and the rabbit but takes the evo when she has the kiddo. I tend to drive the evo to work in the dry and the m3 in the wet. The rabbit rarely goes farther than the market and is the best in the snow. Ill take some interior and engine bay pictures later on.

Id like to see pics of the interior and engine bay, it look in very good shape.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I shot some pictures. Shot them on a borrowed camera, and accidently had it 1 1/3rd stop underexposed, and was too lazy to retake them. They turned out OK for web use.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

Octopus Magic posted:

I just feel like doing that kind of stuff destroys the spirit of the car, which is econobox-rally sports car sold to the public.

That's how I feel when people point at a STi and say "boy-racer."

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED
I went to an auction the other day and came home with this pretty unexpectedly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

I shot some pictures. Shot them on a borrowed camera, and accidently had it 1 1/3rd stop underexposed, and was too lazy to retake them. They turned out OK for web use.

Oh wow, that 325i's pretty mint. I love when E30s still have the pinstripe, it's so subtle but it's a lovely touch.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Depressing Drawers posted:

I went to an auction the other day and came home with this pretty unexpectedly.

Nice. I'm trying to find a second gen MR2 that isn't beat to hell or outrageously expensive because of all their "modz"

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Hallowed Turban posted:

Oh wow, that 325i's pretty mint. I love when E30s still have the pinstripe, it's so subtle but it's a lovely touch.

It's pretty decent for a 325is with 197k. It looks even fancier when I've got my other wheels on it.

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED

Bovril Delight posted:

Nice. I'm trying to find a second gen MR2 that isn't beat to hell or outrageously expensive because of all their "modz"

Yeah thats pretty much why I picked this one up - Totally stock, even the stereo is still original!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah thats pretty much why I picked this one up - Totally stock, even the stereo is still original!

Do you have more pictures?

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED

Bovril Delight posted:

Do you have more pictures?

Sure, I'm no photographer so you'll excuse the lovely pictures I hope.

The back

The engine

Tasteful purple fabric interior

Hmmm tape deck

49k :)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That interior fabric is so incredible. They need to make it an option on the Toyobaru.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

In it's original life that fabric was blue but it fades to purple :allears:

Amazing find with 49k on the odo. It's like a unicorn over here, I'm just waiting for the old man to post his mint condition, kept in the barn for the last 20 years MR2 turbo but I might be waiting awhile.

mr_selfdestruct
Jul 6, 2004

1994 Mazda B4000. It has 127000 kms on it and I picked it up for $2500 last weekend. I think its a pretty good deal.

with running boards

without running boards

mr_selfdestruct fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 8, 2012

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

It's pretty decent for a 325is with 197k. It looks even fancier when I've got my other wheels on it.

197k :stare:

That does not look like a car that's covered nigh on 200k. Do you use it daily, if you don't mind me asking?

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

From a 400hp LS2, to a 100hp 1.5L.

At least its averaging 40mpg highway.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Hallowed Turban posted:

197k :stare:

That does not look like a car that's covered nigh on 200k. Do you use it daily, if you don't mind me asking?

No, the silver one is what I daily. However, it used to be my DD. It's a really nice example of an E30, but it is showing its age in some spots. Overall, it's super solid and clean, however.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

That MR2 was a great find with such low miles and no mods. It is so hard to find clean, lightly driven, "classic" imports without them being beat to crap, badly modded, or driven into the ground.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
i just remembered i took this picture about a month ago. This was at the Kentucky visitor center on I71 after about four hours at around 80mph. Can't believe it actually looked that clean.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I am a loving retard.

1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE with 125k. And to be honest, it is one of the most awesome trucks ever. It is a bit of a turd on the road, but drat it is awesome at 80. The air ride was swapped to coils, which I would rather have.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The back

The engine

Tasteful purple fabric interior

Hmmm tape deck

49k :)

Check your rear sills for rust, allot of the older sw20s over here are rotting from the inside which is pretty costly to fix if you cant weld.

Its amazing how cheap you can pick one up these days, you can pick up a nice rev3 na for less than a grand if you shop around. I'm on the lookout for a nice turbo hardtop shell atm.

Fusillade
Mar 31, 2012

...and her

BIG FAT BASS
My sweetheart got me hooked on BMWs when he showed up with his adorable 1987 E30 convertible. :3: After 12 years on public transit, I got a hair up my butt about 3 years ago, and have had lots of automotive adventures since.

Unofficial 150 MPH Club at Bonneville Speedway

Cross-country drive culminated at the redwoods forests in CA

And finally some fun on the skidpad at Barber Motorsports Park!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I got around to washing the car for once and I took a few pictures

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.
Read through this entire thread, thought I better post my daddy-mobile.

And my favorite sticker.

:3:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

azerdude32 posted:

I love your car.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

War Bunny posted:

"MORE POWERRRRRRR"

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Toucan Sam posted:

In my quest for a new car this fall I've often wondered if I would buy another Monte Carlo if Chevy still offered one. I don't think anyone offers a coupe with so much trunk space that still gets decent mileage. I'm pretty sick of this 4 speed auto though.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

davebo posted:

In my quest for a new car this fall I've often wondered if I would buy another Monte Carlo if Chevy still offered one. I don't think anyone offers a coupe with so much trunk space that still gets decent mileage. I'm pretty sick of this 4 speed auto though.

The huge trunk and fold down rear seats really sold me on the car. I get pretty awesome mileage if i keep my foot out of it. Last road trip i averaged just over 29mpg for over 300 miles with the cruise between 70-75.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

War Bunny posted:

Read through this entire thread, thought I better post my daddy-mobile.

And my favorite sticker.

The best window sticker... in the world.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Cross posting from the Muscleshirt thread.

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.

azerdude32 posted:

I really like the look of that car with BBS CHs.

I didn't wash crap before posting mine! So, I spent way too much on a Volkswagen Golf and I'm loving the everliving poo poo out of it.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
"Welp" pretty much sums it up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love that plate entirely too much.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
coming down the other side of this outcropping was somewhat interesting, it felt quite tippy though I'm sure I was still fairly far from a rollover.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

uuuuuuugh I miss my MR2's :( I bought a '91 SW21 when I was 19 - had 200k on it and I donated it to charity a little after it rolled 500k. My sw20 was loving fast, too. It was just very, very unreliable.

I need to boost my s2000 :sigh:

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 16, 2012

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

siliciferous posted:

Yes...YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Paul Boz_ posted:

uuuuuuugh I miss my MR2's :( I bought a '91 SW21 when I was 19 - had 200k on it and I donated it to charity a little after it rolled 500k. My sw20 was loving fast, too. It was just very, very unreliable.

I need to boost my s2000 :sigh:

No you don't!