Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The bald dude that kills Lommy in the show is Raff, right? (I feel like a nerd just knowing both those names, jesus)

Rurik posted:

The only way I would accept Jon coming back to life is him getting seriously but not mortally wounded and recovering. No more shadow ex vaginas, please.

(loving magic, how does it work?)

Oh you poor soul, the vagina shadow demons are just beginning. Also, I'm p sure since they resurrected EVERY OTHER loving CHARCTER with a R'hllor priest loving a corpse or whatever (how did they bring them back to life?) and since Melissandre is literally right there and wants him alive, they are going to resurrect Jon. Gurm hasn't had the balls to permanently kill a character off since ASOS.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The red priests bring people back by macking on their corpses. Not quite as bad as sex, but necrophiliac nonetheless.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

There are several dreams (I flagged them all on my Kindle but am too lazy to cite) in which Jon is foreshadowed as spending some time on ice (literally) in the Wall. The Prologue is also pretty clear foreshadowing about how wargs get to chill out with their spirit animals after death.

I bet a lemoncake that Jon spends a chunk of TWIW frozen and having wolf dreams. I can only hope that the wolf is beaming in Competent Management 101 during that time.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I bet a lemoncake that Jon spends a chunk of TWIW frozen and having wolf dreams. I can only hope that the wolf is beaming in Competent Management 101 during that time.
Yeah. Jon's decision to march out his forces into wight-infested lands was suicidal. After losing all of those ships he should have just written off the wildlings that were trapped beyond the wall. Having to face more wights from the top of the wall would have been better than sending his forces out to try and resue these noncombatants where they'd get sourrounded by wights and get slaughtered as well.

And his decision to completely break the Watch neutrality my marching on Ramsey was also really stupid. I can see why he got offed; he couldn't be reasoned with. Of course his death will no doubt lead to a war between the wyldlings and the remaining watchmen, so the situation at the wall is pretty much hosed either way.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Urdnot Fire posted:

The red priests bring people back by macking on their corpses. Not quite as bad as sex, but necrophiliac nonetheless.

That was a dude, and a degenerate drunk, not the big titty she-pope of the fire god. She's going to gently caress Jon's corpse, complete with a vivid description of giving his cold, limp phallus a handy and "breathing fire" into it. Jon is the one to bring down the Wall.

Brienne is Azor Ahai.

It is known.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
FYI Thoros and Beric can do way cooler poo poo than Mel.

She can do vagina ninjas and set a bird on fire and sucks at flame visions.

Thoros is good at flame visions, resurrects dead fucks like a mad poo poo, and sets fire to all poo poo.

And he makes waterlogged Stark zombies.

And when my homeboy B. Don fought with the hound he just touched he sword and it burst into flame.

Mel ain't got poo poo on that.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 16, 2012

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

And he makes waterlogged Stark zombies.
He was against bringing Cat back and didn't actually do so. Which is a point in his favor I must say.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Mel is great at visions, she just prefers Stannis fo AA. It turns out he's hung like Wun-Wun. She wants him to plunge his Lightbringer into her Nissa Nissa, if you catch my meaning.

I mean loving.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
The comments on that Gawker link to the SNL skit are making me think that 95% of the world has no reading comprehension. Individual quotes from the comments:

quote:

• The only time I've had a problem with the sex in Game Of Thrones was when Stanis banged the red priestess last week - because Stanis in the books is essentially portrayed as being grossed out by sex. He's some weird asexual stoic and it went against character.
  • It happens in the books, you just don't see it happen...How else do you think shadow babby is made?
  • I interpreted shadow baby as sex magic, rather than magic sex. I agree that Stanis seems like an ultra-prude.
  • I'm not convinced shadow baby was the result of her having sex with a human.
  • I truly don't recall getting the impression that he'd actually succumbed to her charms. [scuttles off to re-read...]
  • I don't think shadow baby is the result of sex but it's heavily implied that Stannis and Red Priestess are having an affair and his wife is looking the other way or in the dark about it.
  • Magic obviously... We need to have sex to make a shadow baby? When this happened in the books not once did I think about how she got knocked up with a magic shadow baby.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
She says flat out "wiener go in me make ninja demon, Stannis lose life force grow pale and thin".

It's not like an R+L=J bread crumb trail.

She states it outright. loving morons.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

smarion2 posted:

and after the 15th stab Jon was finally dead.

*5 chapters later*

Dead tired of getting stabbed in the legs so many times. He would soon join his brother bran as a nice spruce tree in the Stark forest.

Sam: Please, please, we can't take any more schtick.. Please just tell us, is Jon healthy?
Maester: Oh, yeah, he's fine, he's just really fat.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Okay, so I got home from lab today and found a box on my doorstep with a copy of A Storm of Swords and a note:

So whoever is reading this thread and gave this to me, thank you. I needed a new copy of ASoS as my old one is pretty much unreadable.

On the other hand, I'm a little scared that one of you knows my exact address. :stare:
I'm guessing it was someone in the bad thread IRC channel since that's the only place I really told anyone that today was my 21st birthday (woohoo, I can drink alcohol now... jk it's Utah, all our alcohol sucks).

Anyway thanks again, mysterious gift-giving person.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Perhaps it was the Gurm Fairy?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ambiguatron posted:

That was a dude, and a degenerate drunk, not the big titty she-pope of the fire god. She's going to gently caress Jon's corpse, complete with a vivid description of giving his cold, limp phallus a handy and "breathing fire" into it. Jon is the one to bring down the Wall.

Brienne is Azor Ahai.

It is known.

There is a non-zero chance that (if it were ever written) the next book will contain Meli on Jon-warged-Ghost sex or references to such.

Just want everyone to remember that.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

IRQ posted:

There is a non-zero chance that (if it were ever written) the next book will contain Meli on Jon-warged-Ghost sex or references to such.

Just want everyone to remember that.

Covering all the bases here, I see.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Contra Calculus posted:

today was my 21st birthday (woohoo, I can drink alcohol now...
Happy legal adulthood! Just think, you are already 4 years older than Robb Stark ever managed.

Contra Calculus posted:

woohoo, I can drink alcohol now...
Just be careful who you drink it with. Check for concealed weapons, inspect all hairnets, and don't poison yourself just to look manly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

I interpreted shadow baby as sex magic, rather than magic sex.

Ahhh yes, I see now.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Arsenic Lupin posted:

don't poison yourself just to look manly.

Welp, too late. Oh well, I still made it 4 years past Robb like you said.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

Welp, too late. Oh well, I still made it 4 years past Robb like you said.

In honor of Contrababby's birthday I will remain sober tonight.

May your cake be lemony and your dick shitless.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In honor of everyone's favorite babby's birthday, I will drink double.

Happy name day and may your dick never be filled to the brim with poo poo.

May your fuckers be absolute and your dog's head never be sewn onto your body.

<3

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 16, 2012

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
You guys are the best :)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ross posted:

Jon didn't feel the fourth stab so there could have hopefully been more stabs in addition to the fourth.

I always saw the stabbing scene as being like the one in Full Metal Jacket where everyone smacks Pyle with the pillowcases with soap in them... in that the last guy just digs a hole prison yard style. I'm thinking he's gonna get left out in the cold to follow his in his uncle's footsteps and become an Über-Other (I don't remember what the consensus is here about Benjen > Coldhands) or maybe he could just be dead. That could be good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

You guys are the best :)

If I were legally allowed in Utah I would totally buy you a 0.8% alcohol beer and a copy of "Women Showing Ankle".

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

On the HBO forums, there is a thread titled "After Episode 13 GOT Season two is starting off weak..." and the first post starts with "After three episodes they have drug out the Arya Stark thing way too long, either get her home or kill her. I love that little gal, would like her to remain, but come on get the story moving"

Oh "Richard Retey," why is your disappointment so delicious to me? :allears: Is this how GRRM feels when he gives us books where nothing happens?

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

I'm thinking he's gonna get left out in the cold to follow his in his uncle's footsteps and become an Über-Other (I don't remember what the consensus is here about Benjen > Coldhands) or maybe he could just be dead.

I read the books late, so I didn't read earlier threads, but I've seen a lot of people posting that they don't think Coldhands is Benjen. I've always thought he was, and I'm not sure why so many people seem to be sure that he isn't.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mnemosyne posted:

Oh "Richard Retey," why is your disappointment so delicious to me? :allears: Is this how GRRM feels when he gives us books where nothing happens?

Because seeing hope where you know there isn't any is the most delectable schadenfreude imaginable.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
What is this horseshit? People being nice in the bad thread? :frogout:

Contra: May your tongue never taste the glory of a lemoncake, and may your dick never know freedom from the tyranny of GRRM's poo poo, you miserably half-assed fucker.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Contra: May your tongue never taste the glory of a lemoncake, and may your dick never know freedom from the tyranny of GRRM's poo poo, you miserably half-assed fucker.

It's his name day. What a man sows on his name day, he reaps all year.

He just got the ultimate WILD CARD.

politeness

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
edit: ^^^ Hey would you mind PMing me a picture of a woman's ankle instead? I just got my 3rd wife and I need to get in the mood for tonight.

whowhatwhere posted:

It is known.

Also lol at that thread. Arya's story has been the most interesting so far so I've got no idea what he's talking about (well Tyrion's has been kind of cool I guess).

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 17, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Arya's story features Hot Pie.

It's the best story.

Also, lol at people wanting ANYTHING resolved.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

Also lol at that thread. Arya's story has been the most interesting so far so I've got no idea what he's talking about (well Tyrion's has been kind of cool I guess).

I'm really loving sick of Shae though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

IRQ posted:

I'm really loving sick of Shae though.

Shae's character made some sense to me in the books, where she was a whore playing at being a class-hopper but ultimately falling back on what she knew to help secure her station. In the show she's acting like she forgot that if it weren't for a chance encounter with a nobleman she wouldn't have any of the poo poo she does, and that she's got to play her cards close to the chest.

I'm still counting down the days to the Red Wedding. By that point half the viewers will be gone from the lack of any real resolution, and the others will be insane at just how little they have left to cheer onwards.

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

That is the worst handwriting I have seen in a long while.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

I really wish this series had a protagonist or anyone else I came to know so I gave a poo poo what happens. If you're going the route of all the nobles are horrible, medieval society was horrible at least give me common people to care about and less sex scenes where I feel the author is masturbating as he writes. People may feel differently but I really don't think the books are well written enough to do away with all written convention, the story and the world were enough in the first 3, maybe 4, books but now without those horrible fantasy tropes like a character to care about or an overarching plot structure leading to a plot resolution I find it hard to care. Maybe if I was getting a Crime and Punishment type journey through these people's minds and how the events effected them I wouldn't complain but the reason most authors don't kill off characters all over the shop is that once you go so far you've got nothing left to care about apart from the story, which apparently stopped a while back.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mnemosyne posted:

I read the books late, so I didn't read earlier threads, but I've seen a lot of people posting that they don't think Coldhands is Benjen. I've always thought he was, and I'm not sure why so many people seem to be sure that he isn't.

I'd be interested in why people are opposed to it, as that's the theory I've been running with as well.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Klungar posted:

I'd be interested in why people are opposed to it, as that's the theory I've been running with as well.
To be honest I hope this isn't the case simply because it would be so unnecessary. It would actually be realistic to have Benjen simply disappear in the woods and never be found. Bringing him back would serve no purpose.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.
Doesn't Leaf outright say that Coldhands got 'killed' ages and ages ago?

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Look at that guy spoilering the fact that GRRM masturbates while he writes.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Klungar posted:

I seem to remember people saying that Bloodraven had said something about Coldhands having been around for a long time, and some people interpreted that as like 100 years or something. I think I also remember someone saying that there would be no reason for him to cover his face if he were Benjen. (Which I disagree with since I think it makes sense that he might not want his nephew to see him as some kind of weird zombie.)

Personally, I believe the best evidence is that Benjen is awesome and Coldhands is awesome, so therefore, Coldhands must be Benjen. I believe this is inarguable.

EDIT: Beaten on one of the points.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

EatDirt posted:

That is the worst handwriting I have seen in a long while.

I just found out who it was so I'll let him know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Maytag posted:

Look at that guy spoilering the fact that GRRM masturbates while he writes.

I just figured that since all I had left going for mysteries in this series was just how turned on by this stuff GRRM is other people would mind spoiling such an important plot point.