Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hostile Acquisitions has stats for Eldar Chainswords, shuriken cannons, fusion guns and heat lances. Along with some other more special things like mirror swords and biting blades. Rogue Trader is the source for all things Eldar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hostile Acquisitions even has an eldar grav platform for all your eldar artillery needs

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

Please, talk to me about Eberron! And by Eberron I mean Warforged. Really I just wanna talk about the Warforged.

Liesmith posted:

Hostile Acquisitions even has an eldar grav platform for all your eldar artillery needs

WELP, know what I'm buying next. Thanks for the help, y'all!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Surprise attacks from mandrakes put the fear of the emperor in my players. Razor sharp weapons and called shots to the head!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Liesmith posted:

You might even call it Eld-Artillery :downsrim:
I'm so sorry.

But yeah, Hostile Acquisitions has a lot of Eldar weapons, as well as some additional classes for pirate-type RT games. It's pretty cool.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I also made sample rules for a Haemonculus I plan to post later. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
45 48 44 (10)58 48 55 50 60 45
Movement: 4/8/12/24 Wounds: 50
Armor:4+3 (All) Toughness Bonus: 10

Skills: I honestly just insert as needed. But Medicae +20, Intimidate +20 and Lores are a must.

Talents: Pity the Weak, Disturbing Voice, Fearless, Master Chirurgeon, Paranoia, Precise Blow, Altered Physique(3)*, True Grit, Cold Hearted, Swift Attack, Crippling Strike, Iron Jaw, Air of Authority, Autosanguine, Die Hard

Traits: Dark sight, Fear(3), Multiple Arms, Touched By The Fates, From Beyond, Unnatural Toughness(x2)

Scissor Hand (3d5+4 R; Pen 2; Tearing)

Splinter Pistol (50m; 1d10+3 R; Pen 3; Toxic[4])

*Altered Physique counts as The Flesh is Weak

That's all I have so far. I plan to design some Grotesques and the other monster from the minis game and some rules where he makes them better by just being there. To make him just a bit more dangerous than he personally is.

If you guys liked this I'll throw down stats for the Beastmaster, Clawed Fiend and Khymera later.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
TB 10 seems like it's way too much. I mean, Space Marines are usually only TB 8 or so.

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

Please, talk to me about Eberron! And by Eberron I mean Warforged. Really I just wanna talk about the Warforged.
yeah, I'm thinking TB 8 should be enough. but other than that, I love it, keep em coming! :)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

TB 10 seems like it's way too much. I mean, Space Marines are usually only TB 8 or so.

you are quite right. I'll probably drop him to 8 and when I make the master haemie he might get a 10. Since he's one toughness better than the norm.

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that Fear (3) may be too high. Haemonculus are scary and all, but (3) is only slightly less than 'literally staring into the raw state of the Warp'.

Other than that, love it. Keep em coming!

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Luckily I have 60+ Insanity Points :dealwithit:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What would be a good advancement build for a renegade sniper in BC? Or just general things to do.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I have to say. The fear chart examples are extremely vague. So that was a very shot in the dark choice. I really appreciate the input though, its a lot easier to develop with other minds at work.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

I have to say. The fear chart examples are extremely vague. So that was a very shot in the dark choice. I really appreciate the input though, its a lot easier to develop with other minds at work.

The way I always looked at it was this:
Fear 1: a mutant with a gross face jumps out of an alleyway at you and shouts "ooga booga"
Fear 2: it is also 7 feet tall and has chainsaw arms
Fear 3: then the guy next to you starts turning into a tentacle monster like a scene from The Thing
Fear 4: and turns into a Daemon Prince

So basically, a Scary Monster would usually be Fear 2, unless it was something truly mind-bendingly horrifying. Fear 4 should basically be reserved for character-specific phobias and Real Bad poo poo, like a greater daemon, because not a lot of characters will pass a -30 WP test.

Also keep in mind that having particularly difficult Fear tests on a monster that can also kill the party really fast can make for a really ugly encounter, which is why I usually reserve Fear (3) for non-combat tests, like a character suddenly being struck with a vision of themselves being flayed alive by cackling daemons because they opened a book they weren't supposed to read. Not that a Dark Eldar Haemonculus slowly dissecting the party while they all cower in fear making GBS threads themselves wouldn't be funny, but it probably wouldn't be the most enjoyable thing for the players.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 16, 2012

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

i think there's a fear comparison chart in Dark Heresy corebook, but i don't remember it being very helpful; Generally I use Fear (1) for corporeal scary things (A Carnosaur or something similiar), Fear (2) for something Xeno or unfamiliar in nature (Genestealer patriarch) and Fear (3) for things that defy human logic and explanation (Greater Daemon)

e:f,b :( mechafunkzilla's explanation is better anyway

SleazyBakeOven fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 16, 2012

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The way I always looked at it was this:
Fear 1: a mutant with a gross face jumps out of an alleyway at you and shouts "ooga booga"
Fear 2: it is also 7 feet tall and has chainsaw arms
Fear 3: then the guy next to you starts turning into a tentacle monster like a scene from The Thing
Fear 4: and attempts to attack your very soul by simply existing, and you can feel every icy tendril that is probing your soul.

There, that's more like it. Daemon Princes are quite grotesque, but the thing that gets most men is the psychic/emotional ripple they cause by simply being.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There, that's more like it. Daemon Princes are quite grotesque, but the thing that gets most men is the psychic/emotional ripple they cause by simply being.

I dunno dude I try to avoid too much "probing" in my games.

But yeah, Fear (4) pretty much needs to be psychically induced or a character-specific thing, like seeing a family member transform into a daemonspawn (which would be something like Fear 2-3 for everyone else).

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 16, 2012

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

is fear 4 a post dark heresy thing? because I didn't remember a 4th level of fear even existing...

EDIT: Ignore me I am retarded

SleazyBakeOven fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 16, 2012

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

SleazyBakeOven posted:

is fear 4 a post dark heresy thing? because I didn't remember a 4th level of fear even existing...

Directly from the DH core rulebook:

e: and the guidelines from Black Crusade:

Fear 3 and 4 are basically "if you were an NPC you'd be sucking on your gun barrel right now."

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 16, 2012

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
What if you bump into some Grey Knights FIGHTING a Bloodthirster? :v:

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Reroll :smug:

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

InfiniteJesters posted:

triggers an OCD response, where the member of the party with the highest craft related skill has to paint a picture of said battle, immortalizing it forever.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

InfiniteJesters posted:

you get a nerd boner

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

InfiniteJesters posted:

Anyone who does not poo poo themselves in terror will be quickly used by one side or the other as a delicious mid-fight Blood Of The Mighty pick-me-up.

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan
So if anyone wants to start an RT PbP, I have a ton of good apps in my game.

HINT HINT

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

KSAF Staff Report posted:

So if anyone wants to start an RT PbP, I have a ton of good apps in my game.

HINT HINT

this is a great idea someone should listen to.

also what do you mean by apps?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Alternatively, if anyone wants to play a game of Black Crusade, check this out.

edit: \/ If you're familiar with the mechanics from DH, RT or DW, it's not so different. You will need a copy of the book, though. I'll be leaving recruitment open for a week.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 17, 2012

SleazyBakeOven
Oct 4, 2011

MaliciousOnion posted:

Alternatively, if anyone wants to play a game of Black Crusade, check this out.

I literally just ordered my copy of BC today. do you think i'd be able to learn mechanics in time to apply/make a character?

Edit: Thanks, I'm pretty familiar with all three! and my book should be here in two-three days, and I already have a char concept ready. Thanks!

SleazyBakeOven fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 17, 2012

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan

SleazyBakeOven posted:

this is a great idea someone should listen to.

also what do you mean by apps?

Apps as in applications. So applications to be in the game.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!
I just finished off the first book for the Black Sepulchre and the payoff when my techpriest player realized what 'M_DR__TI QU__T_RS' was and where they were was totally worth it. :allears:

And then I accidentally murdered the psyker with a very, very powerful Psychic Crush. Whoops! v:v:v (He had a fate point to burn, so he survived just fine. Ish). They got the hint with 'USE THE BOLT PISTOL YOU PICKED UP' 'ALSO FRENZON'. It hurt that the psyker had no discipline skills to actually deal damage with- they got ridiculously lucky on all their rolls. Especially the priest, who literally rolled a 01 for Dodge on a Fire Storm and pretty much pirouetted through a hellstorm of fire called up from the very Warp! :argh:. The cleric is getting stupidly good rolls, but everyone is rolling with it, because, well. Cleric. 40k. Perfect sense.

As an aside is it just me or are combat shotguns absolutely ridiculous?

I picked up Creatures Anathema and it's very handy-seeming so far, with the adventure seeds attached to each entry in the book, and the little section in the back about how to do DMing looks fairly useful. I skipped trying to run my own thing because I didn't feel secure in it.

Two of my party (admittedly, the two I live with) have expressed interest in doing a western type thing ('HERESY AT HIGH NOON'?) and I'm working on that now, with the new book at hand.

I'll have them relocated to 'some remote planet' (the players aren't super up to date on the Calixis Sector Drama) to get away from the Pax incident and shuffled off to go snuff out this heresy because, uh. Heresy! They're Ordo Hereticus, this makes perfect sense.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Combat shotguns absolutely wreck anything that doesn't have much in the way of armor.

The second something pops out the Unnatural Toughness or something carapace-armor grade, captain von shotgunhaver goes to poo poo in a hurry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So if I wanted to run some Dark Heresy again, would I be better off just having my players use slightly modified versions of Rogue Trader PCs and then beefing up the challenges in the adventures? The core DH rules seem like they've been left in the dust.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

S.J. posted:

So if I wanted to run some Dark Heresy again, would I be better off just having my players use slightly modified versions of Rogue Trader PCs and then beefing up the challenges in the adventures? The core DH rules seem like they've been left in the dust.

At this point I feel like you could use any power level you wish and then just use the Black Crusade rules since they're the most "current."

I almost feel like we're playing 40K RPG: 4th Edition and Only War is 5th Edition with a new sourcebook.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point I feel like you could use any power level you wish and then just use the Black Crusade rules since they're the most "current."

I almost feel like we're playing 40K RPG: 4th Edition and Only War is 5th Edition with a new sourcebook.

I just really want them to update the Dark Heresy rules, it's my favorite of the core settings :(

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Many people think Only War will essentially be Dark Heresy 2nd edition. If not, it'll probably be close enough.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Here come the Beastmaster and some beasts.

Beastmaster
46 41 34 39 (8)57 33 45 31 44
Movement: 8/16/24/48
Armor: 4(all) Wounds:12
Toughness Bonus: 3

Skills: Acrobatics+10, Awareness+10, Command, Deceive, Dodge, Intimidate+20 Pilot (Personal)+10,

Talents: Combat Master, Double Team, Hard Target, Leap Up, Lightning Reflexes, Pity the Weak

Traits: Unnatural Agility +3

Stinger Pods (50m; 1d10+2 R; Pen 3; S/3/5; Toxic [4], Storm)

Venom Blade (1d10+3R; Pen 4; Toxic[4])

Gear: Hellion Skyboard (Functions as a jump pack) with built in stinger pods

Khymera
48 1 50 40 50 37 49 50 25
Movement: 5/10/15/30
Armor: None (40% Chance to negate attacks) Wounds: 20
Toughness Bonus: 4 (8)

Skills: Awareness+20, Stealth+20, Dodge

Talents: Swift Attack

Traits: Phase, Daemonic, From Beyond, The Stuff of Nightmares, Unnatural Senses (15m), Improved Natural Weapons

Claws (1d10+5R; Pen 2)

Clawed Fiend
48 1 50 50 49 20 55 40 25
Movement:4/8/12/24
Armor: 1 (all) Wounds: 40
Toughness Bonus: 10
Skills: Awareness+20

Talents: Swift Attack, Lightning Attack, Frenzy (Only when wounded)

Traits: From Beyond, Unnatural Senses (30m), Improved Natural Weapon, Natural Armor, Unnatural Strength and Toughness x2

Claws (1d10+10R; Pen 4)

I tried to reflect their rules in the miniatures game while I threw them together for a game in the coming weekend. Hope you like them and please critique away.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

S.J. posted:

I just really want them to update the Dark Heresy rules, it's my favorite of the core settings :(

What's keeping you from using the Black Crusade rules in the Dark Heresy setting?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's keeping you from using the Black Crusade rules in the Dark Heresy setting?

Nothing in particular, why? Are the Rogue Trader rules not up to date? I just figured it had more stuff that I'd end up actually using right in the book so I didn't have to throw out any of the chaos god alignment mechanics, and I don't want to deal with PC marines.

And unfortunately the Only War supplement looks to be Imperial Guard specific, but that's good enough for DH.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

S.J. posted:

Nothing in particular, why? Are the Rogue Trader rules not up to date? I just figured it had more stuff that I'd end up actually using right in the book so I didn't have to throw out any of the chaos god alignment mechanics, and I don't want to deal with PC marines.

Well given the level of interchangeability there's nothing preventing you from using any of the source material with any of the rules sets. My understanding is that, if you're going to use a given rule framework, the BC one is the most up to date.

Does it really matter? Probably not.