Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Updating an item that has been errata'd:

code:
<RulesElement name="Potion of Invulnerability (heroic tier)" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MME_CONSUMABLE_23-1" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="04/16/2012 02:15:00 AM" >
      <Flavor> A sense of unyielding resolve floods through you when you drink this sweet draught. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 10 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 200 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Potion </specific>
      <specific name="Special"/>
	  <specific name="Utility Power (Consumable)"> Minor Action.
Effect: You drink the potion and lose a healing surge. Until the end of your next turn, you gain resist 25 to all damage. </specific>
	  <specific name="Property"/>
	  <specific name="Enhancement"/>
	  <specific name="Rarity"> Common </specific>
</RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Potion of Invulnerability (paragon tier)" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MME_CONSUMABLE_23-2" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="04/16/2012 02:15:00 AM" >
      <Flavor> A sense of unyielding resolve floods through you when you drink this sweet draught. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 20 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 5000 </specific>
Effect: You drink the potion and lose a healing surge. Until the end of your next turn, you gain resist 35 to all damage. </specific>
</RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Potion of Invulnerability (epic tier)" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MME_CONSUMABLE_23-3" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="04/16/2012 02:15:00 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 30 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 125000 </specific>
Effect: You drink the potion and lose a healing surge. Until the end of your next turn, you gain resist 45 to all damage. </specific>
</RulesElement>
Also, the Gaj Headdress (04-new-items.part) contains this line:
<statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+2" type="item" condition="You gain a +2 item bonus against ongoing psychic damage and effects that daze, stun, or dominate." />

However, on the character sheet, it ends up displaying as, "+2 item bonus You gain a +2 item bonus against ongoing psychic damage and effects that daze, stun, or dominate." This should be corrected.

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Right click on the fortune stone, click Set Info, and set the # of items possessed to 5. That will give you the init bonus and the saving throw bonus.

Woah! Has this *always* been in the builder?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Undrhil posted:

Woah! Has this *always* been in the builder?

I think so. I recall someone telling me about this when my group had stones, and that was at least 4 months ago.

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Also, the Gaj Headdress (04-new-items.part) contains this line:
<statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+2" type="item" condition="You gain a +2 item bonus against ongoing psychic damage and effects that daze, stun, or dominate." />

However, on the character sheet, it ends up displaying as, "+2 item bonus You gain a +2 item bonus against ongoing psychic damage and effects that daze, stun, or dominate." This should be corrected.

It should be:

code:
<statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+2" type="item" condition="against ongoing psychic damage and effects that daze, stun, or dominate." />
The builder will automatically add the value and the typed bonus (as in "+2 item bonus") before the condition text.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
There appears to be an issue with the Eldritch Fusillade Expertise feat, wherein the attack bonus does not appear for crossbow weapon attacks. A corrected version of the feat is at http://pastebin.com/zTNdPZPu -- thank you.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
The 08-themes.part on the update server is mis-numbered. According to the comment lines as well as the .txt file CBL uses to check for new versions it should be 1.85, but actual version tag wasn't updated and is still 1.84 which results in CBL trying to update each time it's started.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Alright, here's what my .part file looks like:
code:
<RulesElement name="ADCP3-2 From Dawn Till Dusk" type="source" internal-id="ID_LFR_ADCP_3_2_2011" source="Core">
    <specific name="IsBeta">0</specific>
    <specific name="URL">[url]http://www.livingforgottenrealms.com/#origins2011[/url]</specific>
    <specific name="Release Date"> 5/30/2011 </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Liquid Shadow" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_ADCP18" source="ADCP3-2 From Dawn Till Dusk">
      <Flavor> You consumed a draught of liquid shadow, an alchemical substance imbued with Shar's dark magic. Although the potion was beneficial to you during the battle, some of the shadow essence remains within your body. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 0 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Legendary Boon </specific>
      <specific name="_Rarity" />
      <specific name="Rarity"> Rare </specific>
      <specific name="Property"> You gain the Born of Shadow feat. If you have normal vision, you gain low-light vision. Worshippers of Shar and creatures with the shadow origin can sense your location (without spending an action) if you are within 5 squares. This negates any cover or concealment you may have against such creatures. See Story Award ADCP18 for more details. </specific>
        <rules>
          <grant name="ID_FMP_FEAT_3559" type="Feat" />
          <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_VISION_LOW-LIGHT" type="Vision" requires="!ID_INTERNAL_VISION_DARKVISION" />
        </rules>
</RulesElement>
And here's what I get when I try to run it:
Inner Exception: There are multiple root elements. Line 7, position 2.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at CharacterBuilderLoader.FileManager.DoUpdates(Boolean forced)
at CharacterBuilderLoader.Program.Main(String[] args)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Malek Deneith posted:

The 08-themes.part on the update server is mis-numbered. According to the comment lines as well as the .txt file CBL uses to check for new versions it should be 1.85, but actual version tag wasn't updated and is still 1.84 which results in CBL trying to update each time it's started.

Fixed.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Nevermind, I figured it out. I'd forgotten the d20rules tag. In retrospect, that's probably why it wasn't showing up for me initially, either.

EDIT: Okay, new problem: when I click on Liquid Shadow in the builder, it crashes.

EDIT2: I commented out the source and it doesn't crash anymore, so the problem must lie with that. Can someone check it out in the post above and see if you can tell what's wrong with it?

EDIT3: Got it all sorted. Here's the final code:
code:
<RulesElement name="ADCP3&#x2212;2 From Dawn Till Dusk" type="source" internal-id="ID_LFR_ADCP_3_2_2011" source="Core">
    <specific name="IsBeta">0</specific>
    <specific name="URL">[url]http://www.livingforgottenrealms.com/#origins2011[/url]</specific>
    <specific name="Release Date"> 5/30/2011 </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Liquid Shadow" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_ADCP18" source="ADCP3&#x2212;2 From Dawn Till Dusk">
      <Flavor> You consumed a draught of liquid shadow, an alchemical substance imbued with Shar's dark magic. Although the potion was beneficial to you during the battle, some of the shadow essence remains within your body. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Alternative Reward </specific>
      <specific name="Alternative Reward"> Story Award </specific>
      <specific name="Property"> You gain the Born of Shadow feat. If you have normal vision, you gain low-light vision. Worshippers of Shar and creatures with the shadow origin can sense your location (without spending an action) if you are within 5 squares. This negates any cover or concealment you may have against such creatures. See Story Award ADCP18 for more details. </specific>
        <rules>
          <grant name="ID_FMP_FEAT_3559" type="Feat" />
          <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_VISION_LOW-LIGHT" type="Vision" requires="!ID_INTERNAL_VISION_DARKVISION" />
        </rules>
</RulesElement>

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 17, 2012

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Edit: Somehow missed it despite it literally being the second thing on the bug list. Baka baka.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 17, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

So, who can I talk to about getting Battle Song Expertise fixed for Songlbades used as implements? I'll fiddle with the file tonight and see if I can get it fixed myself if nobody is working on that file anymore.

Shadowbane01
Apr 4, 2011
Just dropping a bug report, the sun elf subrace benefits are bugged, they force you to take the wizard implements and give you options not available for sun elves.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
The Kobold from the upcoming book was posted today. Here's the link.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/excerpts/dsh_excerpt_2.pdf

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
So when I said "here's the final code," I apparently completely hosed up and posted what was, in fact, the code that caused the builder to crash. Replace the URL line in the ADCP3-2 source with this one:

<specific name="URL">http://www.livingforgottenrealms.com/#origins2011</specific>

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Here's an interesting quote-unquote bug:

Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms FAQ posted:

Q: If my fey-pact warlock takes the Arcane Implement Proficiency feat from the Arcane Powers book, choosing the light blade implement, can I benefit from the Dual Implement Spellcaster feat with hexblade powers?
A: Yes, a hexblade can use the Arcane Implement Proficiency and Dual Implement Spellcaster feats to add the non-pact weapon implement’s enhancement bonus twice
From here.

Basically, the Hexblade's Pact Weapon shares the enchantment that their implement has. If they take Arcane Implement Proficiency (or multiclass into Swordmage), they can make their Pact Weapon count as an implement (which is magic, since it shares the implement's enchantment), allowing them to double-dip on damage.

Of course, right now both the hack to get the Hexblade's implement's enhancement bonus added to attack and damage, as well as the Dual Implement Spellcaster bonus are both typed as "off-hand enhancement", making them not stack. Dual Implement Spellcaster doesn't actually have a rules entry, so I'm not sure how it actually does what it's supposed to do; I suspect it's actually hard-coded into the LCB.

So... yeah, if we care about making this technically legal trick work, the Hexblade's "off-hand enhancement" bonus needs to change to something else; maybe "Hexblade implement" or something. A replace-all for "off-hand enhancement" in 15-warlock.part will do the trick.

And speaking of the warlock part, I'm noticing a lot of code for the Hexblade Paragon Paths in there...

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

scpredmage posted:

Here's an interesting quote-unquote bug:

From here.

Basically, the Hexblade's Pact Weapon shares the enchantment that their implement has. If they take Arcane Implement Proficiency (or multiclass into Swordmage), they can make their Pact Weapon count as an implement (which is magic, since it shares the implement's enchantment), allowing them to double-dip on damage.

Of course, right now both the hack to get the Hexblade's implement's enhancement bonus added to attack and damage, as well as the Dual Implement Spellcaster bonus are both typed as "off-hand enhancement", making them not stack. Dual Implement Spellcaster doesn't actually have a rules entry, so I'm not sure how it actually does what it's supposed to do; I suspect it's actually hard-coded into the LCB.

So... yeah, if we care about making this technically legal trick work, the Hexblade's "off-hand enhancement" bonus needs to change to something else; maybe "Hexblade implement" or something. A replace-all for "off-hand enhancement" in 15-warlock.part will do the trick.

And speaking of the warlock part, I'm noticing a lot of code for the Hexblade Paragon Paths in there...

If someone is going to be making changes to the Hexblade, can they go ahead and also set it up so that the Hexblade can use an implement besides a rod or wand in order to get the benefits of their pact weapon? Daggers would be great! :)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
It looks like the Scouts +1 to attacks with light blades feature may not be recognizing spiked chains when using the multiclass feat, it seems like light blade expertise recognizes the feat, so unless it doesn't count for some reason because it is technically a single weapon I'm not sure what is going on.

Also for some reason the bonus from bloodthirst didn't seem to show up under the conditional modifiers.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Do as you like. It's not my job to kill you.

Undrhil posted:

If someone is going to be making changes to the Hexblade, can they go ahead and also set it up so that the Hexblade can use an implement besides a rod or wand in order to get the benefits of their pact weapon? Daggers would be great! :)

This takes a ton of coding. You have to go through every single implement in the item file and set it so that it counts as a Hexblade implement. It is immensely frustrating. I've tried!

I think my Hexblade is going to take Arcane Implement Proficiency.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ryuujin posted:

It looks like the Scouts +1 to attacks with light blades feature may not be recognizing spiked chains when using the multiclass feat, it seems like light blade expertise recognizes the feat, so unless it doesn't count for some reason because it is technically a single weapon I'm not sure what is going on.
I came up with a fix for this some time ago that I've been using privately. Adding
pre:
<rules>
   <grant name="WearingOffHandLightBlade" type="Category" requires="ID_FMP_FEAT_1252" />
</rules>
to the spiked chain main entry in 01-bug-fixes.part should address the issue in question.

nothingxs posted:

This takes a ton of coding. You have to go through every single implement in the item file and set it so that it counts as a Hexblade implement. It is immensely frustrating. I've tried!
Something that definitely can be fixed, though, is the fact that the various pact weapons still use the L15/25 scaling points for the old Implement/Versatile Expertise feats. (The Essentials expertise feats work fine with them, which I won't pretend to understand.)

Edit: on an unrelated note, the Practiced Killer MC feat doesn't make Stealth a selectable skill, even though it's most assuredly part of the executioner class skill list. Every other class skill is present, only Stealth isn't.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 19, 2012

Mithrus
Oct 17, 2011
Ebon Armor (04-new-items.part) doesn't have the necrotic resist automatically calculated. Below is the fixed entries.
code:
<RulesElement name="Ebon Armor +1" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MORDS_MAG_EMP_ARMOR_08-1" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
      <Flavor> This black armor's breastplate is detailed with small skulls at its joints and breastplate, as if it had been crafted for an undead warrior. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 3 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 680 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Armor </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
      <specific name="Armor"> Chain, scale, plate </specific>
      <specific name="Weapon" />
      <specific name="Item Slot" />
      <specific name="Requirement" />
      <specific name="Critical" />
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="Power"/>
      <specific name="_Rarity"/>
	  <specific name="Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +1 AC </specific>
      <specific name="Granted Powers" />
      <specific name="Property"> See below:
* You gain necrotic resistance equal to 3 + twice this armor's enhancement bonus.
* When an enemy adjacent to you dies, you gain temporary hit points equal to 3 + this armor's enhancement bonus. </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Armor Class" value="+1" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Armor Enhancement Bonus" value="+1" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+5" type="resist" />
      </rules>
The armor worn by the living dead slowly becomes imbued with shadow magic. When a death knight, a Wight, or some similar horror is defeated, a skilled wizard can preserve the magic bound within the armor before it dissipates. Imbued with the power of the grave, ebon armor allows its wearer to siphon life energy from dying foes.
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Ebon Armor +2" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MORDS_MAG_EMP_ARMOR_08-2" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
      <Flavor> This black armor's breastplate is detailed with small skulls at its joints and breastplate, as if it had been crafted for an undead warrior. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 8 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 3400 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Power"/>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +2 AC </specific>
* You gain necrotic resistance equal to 3 + twice this armor's enhancement bonus.
* When an enemy adjacent to you dies, you gain temporary hit points equal to 3 + this armor's enhancement bonus. </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Armor Class" value="+2" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Armor Enhancement Bonus" value="+2" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+7" type="resist" />
      </rules>
The armor worn by the living dead slowly becomes imbued with shadow magic. When a death knight, a Wight, or some similar horror is defeated, a skilled wizard can preserve the magic bound within the armor before it dissipates. Imbued with the power of the grave, ebon armor allows its wearer to siphon life energy from dying foes.
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Ebon Armor +3" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MORDS_MAG_EMP_ARMOR_08-3" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 13 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 17000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Power"/>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +3 AC </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Armor Class" value="+3" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Armor Enhancement Bonus" value="+3" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+9" type="resist" />
      </rules>
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Ebon Armor +4" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MORDS_MAG_EMP_ARMOR_08-4" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 18 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 85000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Power"/>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +4 AC </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Armor Class" value="+4" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Armor Enhancement Bonus" value="+4" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+11" type="resist" />
      </rules>
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Ebon Armor +5" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MORDS_MAG_EMP_ARMOR_08-5" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 23 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 425000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Power"/>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +5 AC </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Armor Class" value="+5" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Armor Enhancement Bonus" value="+5" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+13" type="resist" />
      </rules>
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Ebon Armor +6" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_MAGIC_ITEM_MORDS_MAG_EMP_ARMOR_08-6" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 28 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 2125000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Power"/>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +6 AC </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Armor Class" value="+6" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Armor Enhancement Bonus" value="+6" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+15" type="resist" />
      </rules>
</RulesElement>

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

scpredmage posted:

Here's an interesting quote
Only the special hexblade weapon transfers off-hand bonuses to that special other-wise non-magical weapon. When you use a different implement (because you took the arcane proficiency or any other reason) instead of your special implement you can indeed use the dual arcane implement feat. It is working as intended. On another forum about every three weeks someone brings this up. And everything they get the same answer. It is working as intended.

Undrhil posted:

No changes are needed.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Sorry if this has been answered, but is there documentation somewhere for the flags that go under <Category>? Like for instance, what does ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_10 stand for, etc.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Only the special hexblade weapon transfers off-hand bonuses to that special other-wise non-magical weapon. When you use a different implement (because you took the arcane proficiency or any other reason) instead of your special implement you can indeed use the dual arcane implement feat. It is working as intended. On another forum about every three weeks someone brings this up. And everything they get the same answer. It is working as intended.

Wow. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Please, I beg of you, clarify what the hell that mess is supposed to mean.

But bottom line: I make a fey pact hexblade, equip him with a Rod of Smiting +3, give him the Dual Implement Spellcaster feat and Arcane Implement Proficiency (light blade group), and in the damage bonus breakdown for Icy Skewer (fey pact at-will), I get both "+3 off-hand enhancement bonus", and "+3 off-hand enhancement bonus - Fey Pact Weapon [doesn't stack]". This is exactly the scenario that the FAQ clearly stated SHOULD stack, and the current implementation does NOT allow.

Further, having just READ the Pact Weapon rules straight out of Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, there are no restrictions as to what implements you use to manifest your pact weapon, meaning you can use any implement you are proficient with. If I were to give that same hexblade a +3 short sword (which he can use as an implement due to Arcane Implement Proficiency) instead of the Rod of Smiting, the LCB currently will NOT give me the short sword's enhancement bonus to either attack or damage from the Fey Pact Weapon feature, at all.

So YES, this DOES need to be fixed. The bonus type needs to be changed (to "enhancement", unless there's a darn good technical reason why it shouldn't), and it needs to work with ANY implement the hexblade is proficient with.

You are absolutely 100% wrong on this one: the hexblade DOES need to be changed.

EDIT: Also of note, once you take Arcane Implement Proficiency (light blades), if you try to use the Blade of Winter's Mourning with an implement power, it won't add the enhancement bonus. Changing the "off-hand enhancement bonus" lines in the Fey Pact Weapon feature to:
code:
<statadd name="fey pact weapon:attack" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&amp;WearingRod" />
<statadd name="fey pact weapon:damage" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&amp;WearingRod" />
<statadd name="fey pact weapon:attack" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&amp;WearingWand" />
<statadd name="fey pact weapon:damage" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&amp;WearingWand" />
will apply the off-hand implement's enhancement bonus AS an enhancement bonus to any attack made with the pact weapon.

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 22, 2012

J.B.
Jul 23, 2011
Heya all, does anyone have a link to the current CBLoader installer. Actually that may not work. I just realized my original character builder may not be fully updated to the Oct 2010 version. I only have player's handbook 2, manual of the planes, Forgotten realms, and dragon 372 in it (not sure which version that is).

J.B. fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 21, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Don't know if anyone saw my link to the article with the Kobold PC race in it. It's an excerpt, so not LFR legal yet... but it *is* codable and completely playable as-is. :)

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Three bugs:
- Thief can't pick Acrobatics or Athletics on the second slot on skill selection screen for some reason
- Thief Utility level 2, Sudden Leap is marked "Utility * Martial", while it should be marked "Encounter * Martial"
- Psion's Static Mote at-will power still can't be "lost" to pick a new power on higher levels (I mentioned that one in past but it seems it got overlooked)

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Malek Deneith posted:

Three bugs:
- Thief can't pick Acrobatics or Athletics on the second slot on skill selection screen for some reason
At level 2, Thieves gain the Skill Mastery class feature, which gives them training from a special list: Bluff, Dungeoneering, Insight, Intimidate, Perception, and Streetwise. In my experience, this extra skill training DOES end up being the second selection in the list.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

J.B. posted:

Heya all, does anyone have a link to the current CBLoader installer.
Since it's copyrighted material and Wizards no longer offers it, we can't provide any links. You'll have to find it on your own.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Since it's copyrighted material and Wizards no longer offers it, we can't provide any links. You'll have to find it on your own.
CBLoader, not the CB itself.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Oh, then http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Before I forget, are you allowed to swap out your paragon path level 11 power with the "reserve maneuver" feat? If so, that is not allowed as per the rules compendium.

Is there anyway to fix that?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Drewjitsu posted:

Before I forget, are you allowed to swap out your paragon path level 11 power with the "reserve maneuver" feat? If so, that is not allowed as per the rules compendium.
Reserve Maneuver isn't a straight-up power swap, so I see no reason why it'd be illegal to use it with a PP power.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Reserve Maneuver isn't a straight-up power swap, so I see no reason why it'd be illegal to use it with a PP power.

Yeah, basically, this is a martial spellbook for one encounter power. :)

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
When I take the Draconic Spellcaster feat (Dragonborn; arcane class) the power cards show the correct bonus applying to the attack and damage for powers that have the same damage keyword as my dragonbreath; however, the total on the card is not adding up correctly.

For instance, I have a Dragonborn Pyromancer with Fire Dragon breath. Take the Draconic Spellcaster feat and Scorching Burst. With an 18 INT and this feat, the bonus to attack rolls should be +5 but it's only showing up as +4. However, in the list of bonuses applying on the attack, it shows +4 from INT and +1 from Draconic Spellcaster.

Can someone else check this and make sure I'm not going crazy?

Thanks.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

When I take the Draconic Spellcaster feat (Dragonborn; arcane class) the power cards show the correct bonus applying to the attack and damage for powers that have the same damage keyword as my dragonbreath; however, the total on the card is not adding up correctly.

For instance, I have a Dragonborn Pyromancer with Fire Dragon breath. Take the Draconic Spellcaster feat and Scorching Burst. With an 18 INT and this feat, the bonus to attack rolls should be +5 but it's only showing up as +4. However, in the list of bonuses applying on the attack, it shows +4 from INT and +1 from Draconic Spellcaster.

Can someone else check this and make sure I'm not going crazy?

Thanks.
You are definitely NOT crazy.

I can't really explain why this is, but looking at the rules for the feat, it IS set up kinda weird. It sets up a scaling "Draconic Spellcaster" stat, like many Expertise feats do. But instead of typing the bonus as it's applied to the attack and damage rolls, the statadds for "Draconic Spellcaster" have the Feat type, but the statadds for attack/damage are untyped.

Switching that around seems to fix the issue. Here's a fixed version that works on my end.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/draconic.zip

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Is there anyway to get Combat Superiority to show up on Grappling strike (if you are a brawler)?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
New Dragon article up with three new themes (werebear, wererat, and werewolf), each with an encounter power that's basically Wild Shape with a secondary attack (beast form melee basic).

Since the Sentinel and Protector build ideas (access to beast form powers without Wild Shape) intrigue me, I think I'll start working on these themes.

EDIT: Finished, here are all three themes: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/lycan.zip

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 30, 2012

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

scpredmage posted:

Wow.
The FAQ entry discuses using a different implement instead of your special one. If you equip that implement in your main hand and use a different implement in your offhand then it does work. It always has. You are not allowed to triple up on the bonuses. This has been discussed many times on other boards. No triple bonuses.

I have read the FAQ question before and unless they have recently changed it you can't have triple bonuses. Folks are getting confused because the original question was about whether a hexblade could decided to use a different implement and just use dual implement spell-caster feat. No triple bonuses unless WotC says in print that tripling the enhancement of a single magic item is allowed.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

J.B. posted:

Heya all, does anyone have a link to the current CBLoader installer.

Just to be clear the CBLoader Installer never installed the Character Builder. So even if you had the old installer it wouldn't help you repair your builder.

If you just want the Loader then the most recent zip file is here:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/downloads/detail?name=CBLoaderV1.3.0.zip

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Greyhawk Fan posted:

The FAQ entry discuses using a different implement instead of your special one.
It doesn't, though? Its answer in particular is quite clear about it. "[Adding] the non-pact weapon implement's enhancement bonus twice" doesn't even make sense if no pact weapon is being used.

I am, in any case, unsure where you're getting the impression that there is any tripling of bonuses involved, because there isn't. You'd be doubling the enhancement bonus of your off-hand implement, nothing more. It is hardly any more out of whack than "regular" DIS, to say nothing of the fact that it costs the hexblade two feats instead of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

The FAQ entry discuses using a different implement instead of your special one. If you equip that implement in your main hand and use a different implement in your offhand then it does work. It always has. You are not allowed to triple up on the bonuses. This has been discussed many times on other boards. No triple bonuses.

I have read the FAQ question before and unless they have recently changed it you can't have triple bonuses. Folks are getting confused because the original question was about whether a hexblade could decided to use a different implement and just use dual implement spell-caster feat. No triple bonuses unless WotC says in print that tripling the enhancement of a single magic item is allowed.
Um, no. Reading comprehension fail. I suggest you read it again. The question was NOT about using a different implement, it was about using the PACT WEAPON ITSELF as an implement. It's also useful to remember that for hexblade powers, you are REQUIRED to use your Pact Weapon with them.

The question quite clearly asks that, if one uses Arcane Implement Proficiency to gain light blades as implements, can you then use the Blade of Winter's Mourning (fey pact weapon, light blade) as an implement for the purposes of Dual Implement Spellcaster. The answer was yes, and even went on to say, once again quite clearly, that you would get the enhancement bonus of the implement you used to manifest your pact weapon to DAMAGE, TWICE. This, of course, is in addition to getting it to attack rolls, as you normally do.

The reason this works is that the pact weapon SHARES the enhancement bonus of the implement you use to manifest it. So in the example I provided before, the character is wielding a Blade of Winter's Mourning with a +3 enhancement bonus in one hand, and a Rod of Smiting +3 in the other. The character would get to add the +3 enhancement bonus from the Blade of Winter's Mourning to the attack and damage rolls, and the +3 enhancement bonus from the Rod of Smiting to damage. Again, this is exactly the scenario the FAQ entry describes.

But regardless, typing the implement's enhancement bonus as "off-hand enhancement" when used through the Pact Weapon is just plain incorrect: the bonus is STILL AN ENHANCEMENT BONUS.

EDIT: Also, I honestly don't know where you're pulling "tripling" from.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread