Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Holy Calamity! posted:

Hmm? I think Judd's the douche for complaining when the show is at its core the same as its always been. I totally agree with Howard when he says it's a result of fans being upset with the new schedule. Nothing to do with being out of touch.

I agree. This isn't any different than when he was filming his movie. That was weeks of stories about what went on or what was going to be happening, etc.

The difference I think it that people are a lot more predisposed to being angry with him because of this awful radio schedule, as Howard pointed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
The problem is the project I guess. I'd be interested in hearing about what goes on making a movie or even a scripted TV show. America's got talent is essentially Star Search - The Next Generation. Ventriloquists, dance troupes, and magicians aren't exactly interesting unless you're ten or sixty.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I agree. This isn't any different than when he was filming his movie. That was weeks of stories about what went on or what was going to be happening, etc.

The difference I think it that people are a lot more predisposed to being angry with him because of this awful radio schedule, as Howard pointed out.

To be honest, the half-year before and the half-year after the movie's release were really bad. I remember it as the first time I was sick of hearing Howard talk. :(

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I look at it this way. When he talked about making the move, it was filler. He was on 5 days a week from 6-11ish and had a ton of guests with few repeats, bits, Jackie/Studdering John hijinks, etc. AND we cared about the movie.

Now that he's on for barely 4 hours a day, 3 or 4 days a week, 2 or 3 weeks in the month, no bits, the same guests over and over again, and we don't give a poo poo about AGT.

Also it's 2012, we know how TV Shows are made.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

prefect posted:

To be honest, the half-year before and the half-year after the movie's release were really bad. I remember it as the first time I was sick of hearing Howard talk. :(

I dunno, the week of shows surrounding Ralph adding Condoms to the list of stuff Howard wanted for his trailer was pretty good radio.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I dunno, the week of shows surrounding Ralph adding Condoms to the list of stuff Howard wanted for his trailer was pretty good radio.

Even funnier that we now know his marriage was poo poo at that point. Now THAT would be great radio. Tell me how it was working on a movie about how great your marriage is while you spend all of your time locked in a basement on Compuserve and hoping that you won't get served papers at least until the movie is released on home video.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Even funnier that we now know his marriage was poo poo at that point. Now THAT would be great radio. Tell me how it was working on a movie about how great your marriage is while you spend all of your time locked in a basement on Compuserve and hoping that you won't get served papers at least until the movie is released on home video.

It really is just Howard doing damage control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seo4k-8QDPs

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

It really is just Howard doing damage control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seo4k-8QDPs

It's entirely reasonable and believable that Ralph would ask for things for himself on Howard's rider.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

FogHelmut posted:

It's entirely reasonable and believable that Ralph would ask for things for himself on Howard's rider.

OR that Howard masturbates with a condom on.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Jackie's retarded cat, Timmy, goes missing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBBnOjpXIE&feature=relmfu

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Funny People started out good but then went off on a weird tangent, but don't talk about how Todd employs his wife, Beth would be doing Wal Mart catalogs and living in a studio apartment without Howard.

He's just a big pussy and can't take any criticism when it comes to his show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FogHelmut posted:

Ralph didn't say that he put the condoms on the list for his own use -- he said it was a joke, and he didn't waver from that line. It would have been more believable if Ralph had claimed they were from him. I wonder if the two of them got together and decided that "it was a joke" would be the official story.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Holy cow, I just listened to the Debby the Pet Lady call where she fights with Eric and promises to behave on AGT, then followed up by a Hanzi call about the illuminati. I like a little crazy, not depressing "Please get these people help" calls.

I feel really bad about Debbie and she is not that funny to the show the deeper you get into her insanity. A screaming lady trying to control pets, Hilarious, but this, this is just horrible to me.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

Former Human posted:

I don't get it. I took prescription opiates for back pain once and all it did was make me nauseous. There was nothing enjoyable about it.
Yeah, when I had my wisdom teeth out I was given Percocets and all they managed to do was make me nauseous. I don't understand it either.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

daveslash posted:

Yeah, when I had my wisdom teeth out I was given Percocets and all they managed to do was make me nauseous. I don't understand it either.

Me too. When I had surgery this summer they gave me something that made me sick. Soon as I wasn't in massive pain a couple days after, I stopped taking them.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

http://siriusbuzz.com/court-dismisses-stern-suit-with-prejudice.php

The title of the story is aptly named "Court Dismisses Stern Suit With Prejudice". Do you think he'll talk about this on the show?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

The title of the story is aptly named "Court Dismisses Stern Suit With Prejudice". Do you think he'll talk about this on the show?

A fellow alumnus has struck him down:

http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Barbara_R._Kapnick
Law School: Boston University School of Law

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

Me too. When I had surgery this summer they gave me something that made me sick. Soon as I wasn't in massive pain a couple days after, I stopped taking them.

I had the opposite reaction to you guys in that I found the Percocet absolutely heavenly and could see why people get addicted to it.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

I had the opposite reaction to you guys in that I found the Percocet absolutely heavenly and could see why people get addicted to it.

It's funny. People either get nauseous or fall in love with the things. It's like a scientific constant.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Man between this and the Apatow thing, I may have to actually start listening again. Angry bitter Howard=best Howard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

Man between this and the Apatow thing, I may have to actually start listening again. Angry bitter Howard=best Howard.

I'm reading that on today's wrap-up show, Benjy said Howard was too thin-skinned in regard to his reaction to Apatow. Also, JD said he isn't interested in AGT. Tomorrow morning may be a lot of fun.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

I wonder what Howard's lawyer does for a living.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

-Atom- posted:

I wonder what Howard's lawyer does for a living.

The same thing that everyone else who is involved with Howard does: make money off of Howard.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Awholelottadough.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

What does 'with Prejudice' mean? That Howard has to pay their court costs?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I think it means the decision is final. They can't even appeal

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

poo poo.

Is Howard even on tomorrow? It'll be funny if he is, and funnier if he decides he's sick.

Edit: check out OpieRadio on Twitter. He's already mocking Stern and posting the Siriusbuzz link. Here's a screengrab:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 17, 2012

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bonzo posted:

The article says Stern can still appeal. I think "dismissed with prejudice" in civil trials means the plaintiff can appeal the decision but can't file another case on the same grounds.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wonder how long it will take before Howard implies that the judge was paid off by Sirius.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

The article says "Stern and his agent, Don Buchwald, have the right to appeal, but as of right now Sirius XM is victorious." so I'm not sure on that.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

What does 'with Prejudice' mean? That Howard has to pay their court costs?

It means that a complaint involving the same set of facts cannot be filed again. The order is explicit that no one is getting fees or costs. Stern could appeal but it is a truly terrible case. What does stern in is the merger language in the contract. Why bother to have the merger language if you are going to also be bonusing out for a merger based on other contract provisions? It doesn't make sense.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How long before he says "gently caress Sirius" and quits doing the show altogether now that he has a new job?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

Holy cow, I just listened to the Debby the Pet Lady call where she fights with Eric and promises to behave on AGT, then followed up by a Hanzi call about the illuminati. I like a little crazy, not depressing "Please get these people help" calls.

I feel really bad about Debbie and she is not that funny to the show the deeper you get into her insanity. A screaming lady trying to control pets, Hilarious, but this, this is just horrible to me.
I was going to post something like this, but...Debbie is a bit/character, right?? Or is she really a real person who's really like that? 'Cause yeah, if she really is like that in real life, she needs serious psychiatric care.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

beergod posted:

It means that a complaint involving the same set of facts cannot be filed again. The order is explicit that no one is getting fees or costs. Stern could appeal but it is a truly terrible case. What does stern in is the merger language in the contract. Why bother to have the merger language if you are going to also be bonusing out for a merger based on other contract provisions? It doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ether Frenzy posted:

How long before he says "gently caress Sirius" and quits doing the show altogether now that he has a new job?

I doubt it. Sirius (unless this ruling emboldens them) has been cool about giving him time for the show, and the show is a good forum for Stern's ego to run rampant and unchallenged.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sasquatch! posted:

I was going to post something like this, but...Debbie is a bit/character, right?? Or is she really a real person who's really like that? 'Cause yeah, if she really is like that in real life, she needs serious psychiatric care.

Gary said his bi-polar mother acted a lot like Debbie when he was growing up, with those screaming nonsensical diatribes, so I believe she's the real deal.

Imagine having Debbie as a mom. Gary is lucky he isn't completely warped as a human being from that upbringing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

Howard will never walk away from money. He may try to get fired (because then they'd have to pay him the rest of his contract money), but he'll never quit. I can't see him getting fired, either -- what the heck could he do to make that happen?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

prefect posted:

I can't see him getting fired, either -- what the heck could he do to make that happen?

Move back to FM but call it "eeh eeh eeh" for a year.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

40 minutes in and nothing about the lawsuit. I'm betting at some point not in a typical peak listening hour he puts a caller thorough who will get them on topic.

Do we know what the language was that did him in?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

40 minutes in and nothing about the lawsuit. I'm betting at some point not in a typical peak listening hour he puts a caller thorough who will get them on topic.

Do we know what the language was that did him in?

Summary: The agreement specifically mentioned "new Sirius subscribers" and it also mentioned "what might happen if there's a merger", so you can't pretend that XM subs coming from the merger count as Sirius subs.

Edit: Hollywood Reporter has picked up the story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/sirius-xm-defeats-howard-sterns-312882

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

Summary: The agreement specifically mentioned "new Sirius subscribers" and it also mentioned "what might happen if there's a merger", so you can't pretend that XM subs coming from the merger count as Sirius subs.

Basically Stern wanted credit for XM subscribers who couldn't even listen to his show because of the merger even though he was already compensated for the merger.

And wasn't $300 million in common stock like a billion shares at the time? No wonder Stern is pissed off.

heeee heeee aaaaaaaahhhhhh