Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Oh god those potions are what I think they are, aren't they? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Potions, and codpieces. It arrests the eyes.

Is there anything other than the potions and codpiece and observing gamzee himself? There's no back arrow so I feel like I might be missing something.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Well, I guess we now know what ol' Gamzee was doing with all those bodies. :v:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Each potion has a different "yes" and "no" text, though some of the "yes" ones are pretty bare-bones.

Poor, naive Jane.

Edit: No blood colors unaccounted for; this seems to indicate that he made it through the entire journey without killing anybody else. That is good.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 17, 2012

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I guess this is why Kanaya's so angry; Gamzee's been hoarding the goods.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there no next button on the end of this one?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I made it to indigo and realize what was going on.

Gamzee, why. :gonk:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Oh my god, the codpiece text is magnificent. :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

VJeff posted:

Gamzee, why. :gonk:

Every successful adventurer needs a steady supply of useful magic potions. Gamzee is merely performing a valuable service.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I can't stop laughing at the prices.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Welp, this is why we were overreacting at the coffee. I can't help but think this flash should have been released 3 days later but I can understand if people are impatient.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

But Hussie, it's...:raise:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 17, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Welp, this is why we were overreacting at the coffee. I can't help but think this flash should have been released 3 days later but I can understand if people are impatient.

VJeff posted:

He has an explanation, of course.

My instincts tell me that the discrepancy is going to be important somehow. I've been reading this drat comics too long.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

VJeff posted:

ahahahahahahah
hhahahahahahah
hahahahahahah,
it's THE SEVENTEETH
YOU FAT NASTY
TRASH.

(stooned)

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Hah! For a split second I thought the music was from Earthworm Jim's hell level. (Actually that might be better suited here, considering the content of those 'potions' :gonk:)

Re: the 'Gamzee went God Tier off-screen during the troll session' theory, I remember reading somewhere ages ago that there was a panel of him chilling with imps in his land and there being something vaguely quest bed-shaped in the background. Just looked like tents to me, but maybe it was intentional. Can't find the panel in question for the life of me, though.

vvv Ahh yeah, that's the page. Didn't even think about what the troll quest beds looked like though. On second thought, I kind of prefer the idea that he drowned (or I guess in this case 'overdosed') in his own quest recuperacoon and just stumbled rear end-backwards into ascension. Far more fitting of his character, really.

Blood Nightmaster fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 17, 2012

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Realization hit me almost immediately. I just kinda stared at the screen for several seconds before attempting to buy anything.

All of the text in this update is solid gold, I recommend everybody say yes and no every potion, then check out that codpiece. :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh god I made a thing (and by made I mean I didn't actually create anything, just mashed existing things together :v:).

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tollymain posted:

Oh god I made a thing (and by made I mean I didn't actually create anything, just mashed existing things together :v:).

How soon we forget the inspiration for Gamzee's capitalist habits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8fL6WGnRc

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Re: the 'Gamzee went God Tier off-screen during the troll session' theory, I remember reading somewhere ages ago that there was a panel of him chilling with imps in his land and there being something vaguely quest bed-shaped in the background. Just looked like tents to me, but maybe it was intentional. Can't find the panel in question for the life of me, though.

This is the closest I could find right now... there's a four-posted tent there, which needn't mean anything given that there are twinkly-tipped tentposts all over the place, but might. If there's a glow shape, it's well off the top of the screen. Dubious at best, really.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Let's not forget that trolls use Quest Recuperacoons instead of Quest Beds.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
True, and Vriska's Quest Cocoon didn't have posts of any kind.

vvv The music is "Elevatorstuck" from Volume 6, in case anyone's wondering.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 17, 2012

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?
The soundtrack is really reminiscent of buy mode music for the Sims.

Also, :ohdear: at "potions".

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Andrew Hussie is now selling magic potions. These mystical, oddly red colored potions will grant you the astounding power to create art an an inhuman pace, and also fail about in an exaggerated manner. Priced at 500 dollars a liter, with only one for sale every three days. Act now!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tollymain posted:

I stopped listening to a Zelda OST so I can... listen to more Zelda music. Okay than.

No but seriously that was weird, I'd just finished the shopkeepers theme to listen to that... :tinfoil:

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Tollymain posted:

Where'd you get that version of the shop music? It's really good.

E: vvv That's the one. Thanks!

Scratch-O fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 17, 2012

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Scratch-O posted:

Where'd you get that version of the shop music? It's really good.

http://www.zreomusic.com/

Here would be my guess.

Edit: Yep, just found it; it's the Shop theme from the "gold" OoT album at the bottom of the page. Lots of other good stuff there, too.

Rose Spirit fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 17, 2012

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Hmm, I wonder if Hussie could make a case for a small-run batch of these 'potions', enough to satiate the fans. In that they would all taste like over-caffeinated rear end. Which, when you think about it, makes all the sense in the world to taste like Troll blood.

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with
Gamzee seems to have quite a few bottles of this stuff. Are they just really small bottles?

Maybe he's been making more, somehow? :gonk:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I don't really have any rationale for this but I imagine troll blood to taste a bit like corn syrup with food coloring--or maybe like one of those horrifically over-sweetened dollar store 'bug juice' affairs that are essentially liquid sugar. So basically the same thing I guess!

Knowing this fanbase, though, I would honestly not be surprised if somebody has a troll blood 'recipe' up on the Betty Crocker webpage within the next week or so.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I don't really have any rationale for this but I imagine troll blood to taste a bit like corn syrup with food coloring--or maybe like one of those horrifically over-sweetened dollar store 'bug juice' affairs that are essentially liquid sugar. So basically the same thing I guess!
It tastes differently based on color, obviously. Purple blood tastes rich, brown blood tastes like rear end, blue blood tastes kinda fruity. Here it's all in this fanfic:

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
Skittle Vodka is probably a passable substitute. I guess you could make blue from those tropical-flavor ones, and probably mix the rest out of primaries.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
...can I just take a second and say that how Hussie has handled the insane, terrifying popularity of this thing is really something? No mortal man should be able to withstand that much crazy fanatic and antifanatic. AH seems to handle it with the graceful trolling of someone who honestly gives no fucks.

Despite it all, it's still his story, and he's doing exactly what he wants with it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Colon V posted:

...can I just take a second and say that how Hussie has handled the insane, terrifying popularity of this thing is really something? No mortal man should be able to withstand that much crazy fanatic and antifanatic. AH seems to handle it with the graceful trolling of someone who honestly gives no fucks.

Despite it all, it's still his story, and he's doing exactly what he wants with it.

It's probably because nobody can out crazy him. Those who try are quickly outmatched.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I think everyone's missing the obvious flavor of troll blood potions.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Well this update was horrifying.

I don't think any of us were expecting that. So what are the chances Gamzee remains tantalizingly close to being relevant, without ever actually making it there, for the rest of the comic?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
And yet he would still be more relevant than Nepeta or Equius ever was.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
What the...Gamzee gives Jane like, 50 of the indigo potions.

That's 50 bottles of Equius blood.

I know trolls have lots of blood but that's just ludicrous. Is he...has he been alchemising more somehow?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

He obviously rigged the coffee machine on the meteor.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
:stare:

What the gently caress, Gamzee. Does Karkat know you're bottling that poo poo and selling it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How are you guys getting to the next part? The flash ends at "No/gently caress No" and that's the most recent one.