Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Yep, gonna go ahead and say that all coffee on Earth is orchestrated by a murderous alien clown mixing up weird aliens to make beverages.
Not that far a stretch, considering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

How are you guys getting to the next part? The flash ends at "No/gently caress No" and that's the most recent one.

Something's been weird with the MSPA website for me the last couple of days. The new updates haven't been showing up until I hit Ctrl-F5 after hearing about a new update from this thread.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

Something's been weird with the MSPA website for me the last couple of days. The new updates haven't been showing up until I hit Ctrl-F5 after hearing about a new update from this thread.

That did it. Actually come to think of it the cookies have been broken for me too. And it plays the flash from my speed dial in Firefox, weirdly enough.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

rear end-Haggis posted:

Yep, gonna go ahead and say that all coffee on Earth is orchestrated by a murderous alien clown mixing up weird aliens to make beverages.
Not that far a stretch, considering.

Is there nothing free from the batterwitch's gnarled claws? Next we'll find out Gamzee is behind all the flavors of Fruit Gushers too.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Bell_ posted:

Is there nothing free from the batterwitch's gnarled claws? Next we'll find out Gamzee is behind all the flavors of Fruit Gushers too.

The plot thickens, much like that of a cake batter.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Slime posted:

What the...Gamzee gives Jane like, 50 of the indigo potions.

That's 50 bottles of Equius blood.

I know trolls have lots of blood but that's just ludicrous. Is he...has he been alchemising more somehow?

Aradiabot was full of blue blood. And a lot of Aradiabots exploded.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bobulus posted:

That---

Oh my god.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bobulus posted:

That's a reasonable explanation.

Now tell me where 20 bottles of Eridan blood came from. It says in the flash that he gives Jane 20 whole bottles. CANON.

Explain that, smart guy. Smart guy with your facts and reasonable deductions.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For some reason (possibly shenannigans) https://www.mspaintadventures.com and mspaintadventures.com lead to different results.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You'd think it would be painfully obvious that any and all discussion of "where did Gamzee get those potions from?" would have incredibly disgusting implications.

So why are we trying to have this discussion? It's a joke, a funny one at that! Let's leave it at that and go back to talking about his codpiece. Maybe somebody can bring up the original art?

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You'd think it would be painfully obvious that any and all discussion of "where did Gamzee get those potions from?" would have incredibly disgusting implications.

So why are we trying to have this discussion? It's a joke, a funny one at that! Let's leave it at that and go back to talking about his codpiece. Maybe somebody can bring up the original art?

Did you know you can click the codpiece and get a reaction? I did it for laughs thinking that it would just bring up the normal Gamzee text, and then I was all :catstare:.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if it's intentional/significant that we are not seeing Gamzee's actual dialogue (no Gift of Gab?)...

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Isn't the original CANON codpiece sketch owned by a goon from this thread?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
If you guys are having trouble finding the links to the new updates, just click the "View all pages" dealie. It worked for me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alternately, you can use the links from the RSS feed. Those are showing up normally.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Castomira posted:

If we accept Karkat's analysis of Tavros and Vriska from ages ago as being correct, then wouldn't a sprite prototyped with both of them result in a somewhat well-balanced individual? That is to say, if Vriska's "BRAIN IS BROKEN, KIND OF LIKE TAVROS'S BUT ON THE OPPOSITE HEMISPHERE."

A spider-bull seems kind of awful, though.

Given Hussie's track record, trying to prototype those two together would probably result in a sprite with two broken halves instead of two working halves of a brain. With all the strength of a normal-sized spider, and the grace, cunning and intelligence of a bull.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While this is a funny interlude, I do wonder if there still isn't more to Gamzee's appearance than this. There very well might not be, of course (would be no surprise if that's that), but maybe there is.

Hell, we were talking about the possibility of troll remains being shoved into the sprite just recently, maybe a vial of troll blood will count? Hussie, hold a vote on your forums for which vial Jane should accidentally drop in her sprite! It'd probably break the site.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 17, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Would any of the trolls even WANT to get prototyped though? Remember how upset Jadesprite was about being brought back?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

nerdbot posted:

Would any of the trolls even WANT to get prototyped though? Remember how upset Jadesprite was about being brought back?
I assume at the very least, Feferi would be cool with it since it'd all be part of the Horrorterrors' plan. Or something. No idea about the others, though.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Color Printer posted:

I assume at the very least, Feferi would be cool with it since it'd all be part of the Horrorterrors' plan. Or something. No idea about the others, though.

I bet Eridan's dreambubbles aren't exactly filled with friends and new love.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Android Blues posted:

I bet Eridan's dreambubbles aren't exactly filled with friends and new love.

Given that he killed the "daughter" of one of the horrorterrors, I'd pretty much guarantee it.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
That God-Tier one seemed fine when we last saw him. But that guy and Feferi are likely from an alternate session.

VVVV Vriska doesn't seem to be a person that keeps close tabs on Gamzee. Dude's all over the place, to be honest.

Pastrymancy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 17, 2012

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was going to say they'd pretty much have to be, since only Vriska hit God Tier, but then I remember Gamzee and I don't know what to think anymore.

Was it ever "confirmed" that Vriska was the only one who hit God Tier during the session? I could have sworn she said she was the only one who did it.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Evil Mastermind posted:

I was going to say they'd pretty much have to be, since only Vriska hit God Tier, but then I remember Gamzee and I don't know what to think anymore.

Was it ever "confirmed" that Vriska was the only one who hit God Tier during the session? I could have sworn she said she was the only one who did it.

It was definitely said at some point, I believe by both Vriska AND Terezi. But that doesn't necessarily disprove the theory earlier in the thread that Gamzee somehow reached God Tier without anyone else knowing. Or maybe even WITH someone else knowing (Karkat, most likely, in this case) and keeping it secret. But yeah, we saw so relatively little of the trolls' session, it's entirely plausible. Hell, maybe even his dreamself was on a quest slab inside Prospit when Jack blew it up, for all we know.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Or he just stole the costume from himself when they went through a dream bubble at some point?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Based on the flash where John ascended, it seems Skaia goes confetti-fanfare bananas when someone goes Godtier on a quest bed/trollcocoonthingy. If Gamzee went Godtier during the troll's session, they probably would have known about it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

CidGregor posted:

It was definitely said at some point, I believe by both Vriska AND Terezi. But that doesn't necessarily disprove the theory earlier in the thread that Gamzee somehow reached God Tier without anyone else knowing. Or maybe even WITH someone else knowing (Karkat, most likely, in this case) and keeping it secret. But yeah, we saw so relatively little of the trolls' session, it's entirely plausible. Hell, maybe even his dreamself was on a quest slab inside Prospit when Jack blew it up, for all we know.
Aradia ascended without anybody realizing it until they met her in dream bubbles, and it still wasn't common knowledge until the intermission. Gamzee easily could have been the same way. There was no dream body to turn our backs on.

Edit: ^^^^
Unless he died somehow and his dream self got roasted. Or, he could have the costume but not actually be god tier

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 17, 2012

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Dudes, I think you're forgetting something.
Jane is a Maid of Life, yeah? Maybe her life powers, upon contact with the blood or whatever, might actually do something maybe beneficial possibly. It worked with Feferi and WV, so who knows, maybe trollblood works too.

Oh who am I kidding they're gonna be dead forever.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Bell_ posted:

Aradia ascended without anybody realizing it until they met her in dream bubbles, and it still wasn't common knowledge until the intermission. Gamzee easily could have been the same way. There was no dream body to turn our backs on.
Don't dreamselves return to their towers when they go to sleep/their waking selves wake up? I'm pretty sure Gamzee was awake during Prospit being explodified and the only reason Aradia got away with being on her second death slab thing was because she was dead pre-entry.

Bell_ posted:

Unless he died somehow and his dream self got roasted.
Which still seems to require huge explosions and a drat lot of green fire. So I'm going to bank on the second idea of Gamzee dressing up like that because why the motherfuck not?

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 17, 2012

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Roger Explosion posted:

Based on the flash where John ascended, it seems Skaia goes confetti-fanfare bananas when someone goes Godtier on a quest bed/trollcocoonthingy. If Gamzee went Godtier during the troll's session, they probably would have known about it.

Maybe Gamzee went God Tier at the same exact time as Vriska.

Vriska didn't notice him on Skaia because he was too blurry.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Gamzee ate so much sopor over the sweeps that he just sort of became his own Quest Cocoon.

(You might object that we saw Vriska's and it didn't have any sopor in it, but that's clearly just because Gamzee ate it all.)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Slime posted:

That's a reasonable explanation.

Now tell me where 20 bottles of Eridan blood came from. It says in the flash that he gives Jane 20 whole bottles. CANON.

Explain that, smart guy. Smart guy with your facts and reasonable deductions.

They're probably only a couple ounces - like those 5-Hour Energies. How else are you supposed to quaff one in a single minor action?

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
A collection of many different types of troll blood.

This thing.

The implications of being a Maid of Life.

Creation myths and time-shenanigans are a thing in Homestuck.

loving HMMMMMM.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speleothing posted:

They're probably only a couple ounces - like those 5-Hour Energies. How else are you supposed to quaff one in a single minor action?

"You drink the INDIGO POTION. You are Horny (save ends)."

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Evil Mastermind posted:

"You drink the INDIGO POTION. You are Horny (save ends)."

The troll blood potions make you grow horns? :monocle:

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Somehow I've forgotten all about it : Can someone explain the coffee thing people are talking about?

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Dexanth posted:

Somehow I've forgotten all about it : Can someone explain the coffee thing people are talking about?

Dave made some nasty coffee with weird film on it and people thought it was troll blood. It wasn't.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

CidGregor posted:

But that doesn't necessarily disprove the theory earlier in the thread that Gamzee somehow reached God Tier without anyone else knowing. Or maybe even WITH someone else knowing (Karkat, most likely, in this case) and keeping it secret.

Back during the troll killing spree Karkat was pretty scared of the thought of Gamzee trying to kill everyone, which was a little odd given that what everyone had seen of his combat prowess so far had been mostly him eating slime pies with imps and one joke attack against the black king. Yet, after watching Eridan kill two and a half people, what really scared Karkat was receiving a threatening instant message. If he had prior knowledge that Gamzee was God Tier, that'd make more sense.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Karkat also commented about how Gamzee's attack on the Black King surprised everyone, presumably himself included. Going as far as to say that the title of "Bard of Rage" was thought to be a joke prior to that attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
Something to consider is that when we see Gamzee fighting on LOTAM (in [S] Make Her Pay), he's using Clubkind. Jokerkind only appears much later when he's on his killing spree. Perhaps Jokerkind was only unlocked after he reached God Tier? Maybe he died on LOTAM, because he was alone, while most of the other trolls were teamed up. On the other hand, Deuce Clubs still appears in his Jokerkind specibus, but it's a thought.