Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel

orthod0ks posted:

I'm fine with that.

Can we reconsider changing the challenge?
Quickly, before a photo of someone from CA using their bike to shield their genitalia gets posted.

Edit: Rained where I live today. Going to be hunting a "transient/vagrant/town crazy person" all day tomorrow.

Detroit117 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

orthod0ks posted:

Next challenge: Your bike and you in matching underwear.

Sounds like a mission for LeTronFu

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Detroit117 posted:

Can we reconsider changing the challenge?
Quickly, before a photo of someone from CA using their bike to shield their genitalia gets posted.

Edit: Rained where I live today. Going to be hunting a "transient/vagrant/town crazy person" all day tomorrow.

I'm trying at least. I spend 45 minutes riding Walking Wanda's route and never saw her...cut the grass this afternoon and she never passed either.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If this isn't done by tomorrow, I'll do it.

I can't believe no one in PDX has done this yet. All you have to do is walk the gently caress outside and take a picture.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It's cool, i found wanda.

:siren:Show me your bike and an old church.:siren: I'm on my mobile, ill update with sirens later.

edit: Update a bit. As long as I can remember this woman has been walking thru town. I'm not sure what her deal is but (aside from the last few days) she's like clockwork, always walking. Her name isn't really Wanda but someone called her that back in high school and it stuck. I think at one point there was even a highschool band called "The Walking Wandas"...and doing a bit of soundclick searching it seems that their page is still up lol http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=57980

Godspeed Wanda, Godspeed.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 17, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

yay

:siren: Your bike in a camp site at a real campground :siren:

Not your backyard or just some "stealth" campsite on the side of a road. One with a picnic table and stove/fire pit, preferably visible.
Note: You don't actually have to be camping.. just the bike at a site :downs:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 17, 2012

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

slidebite posted:

yay

Not your backyard or just some "stealth" campsite on the side of a road. One with a picnic table and stove/fire pit, preferably visible.

I know it's been said, but I love your Connie. Everytime you post if I start thinking about how nice it'd be to have a sport tourer. Stop posting pictures please.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
Went out and the challenge was filled when I got back.

I went to a bus station to find some homeless people, but they're all dressed really fresh here for some reason. A close up shows a face and hands that look like they were left on top of Everest for a year, but leather shoes and a button up???

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

That's an amazing photo. I kept thinking over this challenge, trying to figure out how to not come off as exploitative. And there you go, the guy standing next to the motorcycle with dignity, almost as if it's his own.

Where was it, if I may ask? Any thoughts why your homeless are well-dressed?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chriskory posted:

Went out and the challenge was filled when I got back.

I went to a bus station to find some homeless people, but they're all dressed really fresh here for some reason. A close up shows a face and hands that look like they were left on top of Everest for a year, but leather shoes and a button up???

Haha, you still won that one in our hearts

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Haha, you still won that one in our hearts

Yea, bonus points because you clearly interacted with him instead of awkwardly posing your bike in front of him.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Thanks. It's in downtown Fairbanks, Alaska. He was telling me about the Triumph bobber he made out of a '65 Bonnie. He tapped the name on the gas tank as he recalled the memory. I think he's well dressed because we have good services here, it gets too cold in the winter to just let them die.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

slidebite posted:

:colbert: He said an old church.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

ReelBigLizard posted:

I didn't really elaborate but I should have said that "old church" is very relative. What would be old where I live someone in Europe might say was "cute and contemporary".

But if I do have to bitch (and I always do)

slidebite posted:

yay

I tried to pick an easier challenge to keep it going since we stalled for a few days, and you go off and choose this? Hah, I could be wrong but I think we might be waiting a bit again. At the same time it excites me a bit, because by the end of the season I want to be solo bike camping and so I'd like to get this shot myself....eventually.

Starting first with some group car camping next weekend, by the mid summer I'd like to ride while friends are with me in a car, and as I said, solo bike camping by the end of the season.

edit: er...erd...kinda missed your last sentence, I guess that makes it easier. :doh:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 17, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

You're wrong.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was waiting for about 10 seconds for your campsite image to load...

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel

nsaP posted:

Chriskory posted:

Thanks to both you gentlemen.

There are a few campgrounds near where I live. Should have the current challenge taken care of by midday tomorrow.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

nsaP posted:

I didn't really elaborate but I should have said that "old church" is very relative. What would be old where I live someone in Europe might say was "cute and contemporary".

I'm just grumpy because I missed it (we have some extremely old churches here), and then we don't really have any camp sites here so I'm stumped for the current challenge too.

I also held off on the picture of my bike with the local town weirdo because he's my best friend and that's not fair.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
I'm taking the bike camping this weekend, but I have a feeling this one won't last very long.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

ReelBigLizard posted:

That was built in the late 20s. About as old as they come around here. Definitely not European old though.

orthod0ks posted:

I know it's been said, but I love your Connie. Everytime you post if I start thinking about how nice it'd be to have a sport tourer. Stop posting pictures please.
I'm sorry :ohdear:

No I'm not. Thanks for the compliment.

As for the challenge, I figured most places have campgrounds close to them. Heck, I have 2 in the middle of the city I go by every day, so I thought it shouldn't be too hard. :)

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel

slidebite posted:

Devil's Step campground near Tims Ford Lake.

Note the fire pit :supaburn:

It was pouring out, but gently caress it. Riding in the rain is not so bad... except for wet jeans.

:siren: Your bike in front of a college campus library :siren:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Nice pic. Exactly what I was thinking! :)

And dammit, I have both a College and University within 15 minutes of my place but the libraries of both face inwards on campus. I couldn't park next to one for a photo. :(

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

You own a motorcycle, of course you can. Act dumb if anyone stops you. I've seen bikes parked all over my alma mater.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

heh. Acting dumb isn't hard, but as late 30s guy I already get looks when I'm on campus. Don't need to look even more inconspicuous! :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

slidebite posted:

heh. Acting dumb isn't hard, but as late 30s guy I already get looks when I'm on campus. Don't need to look even more inconspicuous! :)
          /

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
Parking where ever you want (within reason) is the god given right of anyone that owns a motorcycle :colbert:

I say go for it.

Detroit117 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 17, 2012

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Detroit117 posted:

Parking where ever you want (within reason even in a concrete wall) is the god given right of anyone that owns a mootorcycle :colbert:

I say go for it.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

The local college campus cops here are freaking Nazi's. I got harassed riding a bicycle through campus and I wasn't breaking any rules, just riding through on my way home. I've made 1 pass on the bike and got pulled over (I had an expired tag, but was waiting on the sticker from the dealer who renewed it the day I bought the bike) the guy was going to write me a ticket even though I had paperwork until I handed him my traffic lawyers card. He let me off with a "warning" and said he'd write me a ticket next time if he saw me with it again.

Niven
Apr 16, 2003

:siren: New Challenge: Outside (or inside) an adult novelty store :siren:

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Niven posted:

:siren: New Challenge: Outside (or inside) an adult novelty store :siren:

They were not open yet for me to ask to park inside

:siren:New Challenge: Your bike parked next to a passing train:siren:

edit: If this is too tough to fill in 24 hours, lets downgrade the train to stationary.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 17, 2012

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh you prick. I just got back and even got threatened with being shot if I didn't leave. Good thing I didn't get any closer. And telling him it was for the Internet strangely only made things worse.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Oh you prick. I just got back and even got threatened with being shot if I didn't leave. Good thing I didn't get any closer. And telling him it was for the Internet strangely only made things worse.

Man, I'm sorry. At least you have a really cool bike.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Chriskory posted:

Man, I'm sorry. At least you have a really cool bike.

Haha thanks man. And it's all good. I had to go get some two stroke oil and happened to see this place on the way back.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
Crisscrossed train tracks like five times, stopped and got a photo at a crossing when a train went by, and then I didn't press save on my camera phone. gently caress. I can hear the train still, like it's taunting me or something.

Edit: This might be the most satisfying crappy photo I've ever taken.

Whew. Chasing trains. Good times.

Please :siren: post a picture of your bike in a trailer park :siren: or your area's equivalent.

Ghost Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 18, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Waiting for immediate post as half of CA lives in a trailer park.
Edit: I'd have done it myself by now if I hadn't had a couple beverages.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Deleted for personal retardation.

DadWilly fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 18, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Old pictures don't count.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, any more to this story? Just pull up and neighborly pedo chew you out?

BTW: Nice bike.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

iwentdoodie posted:

You can't just take a picture of my business without permission! I have a right to privacy!...Would you like to buy the new Backdoor Voyeur 5?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

slidebite posted:

Also, any more to this story? Just pull up and neighborly pedo chew you out?

BTW: Nice bike.

Pretty much what zool said. Jizz mopper inside ran out and started screaming like a crazy person when he saw me taking pictures. He ran back inside, I sat on my gloves and got the gently caress outta there.

And thanks, I love this thing. Minus the bars.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
If you take the pic from the street I don't think anyone can actually say poo poo. If you're on his property I think he can tell you to get off but that's about it. When people start posturing with me I just take it to extremes fast and it usually works out. I'm more apt to do it when in full gear since I look a lot more imposing. My favorite line is, 'Hit me or STFU, I can't start it but I can finish it."

Having several years of MMA experience to back it up is helpful. As sometimes they choose not to STFU...

• Locked thread