Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

QuoProQuid posted:

I was about to post this.

The cost of advertising on mspaintadventures is not $60.20. I don't think I've ever seen it get that high.

Are you outside the US? Advertising is separated into 4 regions with different prices. The US price regularly stays above $60. https://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisehere.php?id=44478&type=5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

Mwahaha. He's already falling into the Homestuck trap. Already he likes Dave and he's started going back and rereading things he declared too wordy at first.

He still thinks he's smarter than Hussie because he reads TvTropes, though.

You know what? This guy is hilarious. Like he keeps up this angry "I'm so smart U so dumb" shtick and lambastes like everything, only to get owned by Hussie a dozen pages later.

Every psyche out, every bit of crazy-meta shenanigans, all of Hussie's self-indulgent insertions, THIS guy is going to fall for every one of them and get all hot n bothered and spew out some inane blather while Hussie runs rings around him.

It's like Hussie wrote Homestuck just to be as infuriating as possible for this one guy on the internet and it's magical :allears:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I did a SBaHJ-style banner once, but I only bid on the SBaHJ ad space. Putting a SBaHJ-styled ad on the main page seems inappropriate. :colbert:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Mazerunner posted:

You know what? This guy is hilarious. Like he keeps up this angry "I'm so smart U so dumb" shtick and lambastes like everything, only to get owned by Hussie a dozen pages later.

Every psyche out, every bit of crazy-meta shenanigans, all of Hussie's self-indulgent insertions, THIS guy is going to fall for every one of them and get all hot n bothered and spew out some inane blather while Hussie runs rings around him.

It's like Hussie wrote Homestuck just to be as infuriating as possible for this one guy on the internet and it's magical :allears:

Something I've noticed while reading Homestuck liveblogs is that most of the people who start out trying to make fun of it and nitpick every little detail usually aren't very smart.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

YggiDee posted:

He thinks WV typing commands to John is an incomprehensible, unacceptable level of meta. His brains are going to melt out his loving ears.

Rose moves stuff with Sburb:

quote:

"The revolution against basic narrative coherency has BEGUN!"

This is adorable. :allears:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Dante Basco's liveblog is so chill, though. He just settled down for the ride and went with it :)

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Update.

I was really hoping for a callback to GET OUT but oh well.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Are you sure you want to be telling the loopy Codpiece clown to get off your property, Jane?

Codpiece and all?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Something I've noticed while reading Homestuck liveblogs is that most of the people who start out trying to make fun of it and nitpick every little detail usually aren't very smart.

It's kind of sad because actual, well-made critique of Homestuck is so rare. I don't think I've seen anyone criticize the comic without coming off as intentionally contrarian or fuelled by some other outside aspect (i.e. Weird Vriska Feelings) so it ends up being that just about every criticism of the story is easily dismissible due to another factor.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
bahaha, holy poo poo this guy. I like that all his reference materials are just anime and tvtropes.

Liveblog posted:

So, we have a psychic as our fourth character, it seems. I guess, eventually, we get all four people in here? Oh, god, this just seems like a narrative device to pad the entire story out. It’s kinda reminiscent of the Tite Kubo school of pacing—reveal that there is some “special mode” that each character has or can instantiate, and then instantiate that over and over and over again with each character.

In this case, each character will have a different game because they’ll use different totems as paramters. This gives Hussie lots of time to not actually advance the plot in any meaningful way, because he can just retread the same narrative structure of “introduce new monsters, fight new monsters, in-game shenanigans” each time somebody enters the world.

Of course, I doubt it will be THAT formulaic, but I can’t imgaine there not being some sort of repeating structure in the narrative.

Or not.

Hussie could just make me seem like an idiot again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

nerdbot posted:

It's kind of sad because actual, well-made critique of Homestuck is so rare. I don't think I've seen anyone criticize the comic without coming off as intentionally contrarian or fuelled by some other outside aspect (i.e. Weird Vriska Feelings) so it ends up being that just about every criticism of the story is easily dismissible due to another factor.

If you're dismissing every criticism of Homestuck, the only factor involved is your irredeemable fanboyism. The manvshomestuck guy's gimmick is pretty grating and pointless but most of his actual critique is fairly solid even if the delivery is obnoxious. None of his commentary should be news to anyone who's already read Homestuck. We already know that scat humor is juvenile, Act 1's pacing is atrocious, and Rose's FAQ is longwinded and mostly pointless.

When people start latching on to specific characters and events, yeah, those complaints can often be dismissed via Weird Fandom Feelings a.k.a. "Hussie killed off my favorite troll, obviously he knows jack poo poo about writing." There's plenty to critique on more technical grounds, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Luminous Obscurity posted:

bahaha, holy poo poo this guy. I like that all his reference materials are just anime and tvtropes.
Well, what do you expect from someone who thinks "knowledge of TVTropes" makes a good storyteller? Or who is totally self-assured that this thing he hates really is that bad and everything that might ever prove him wrong is just a coincidence.

Oh my god I used to be just like this guy. :shepicide:

Constable Lemon posted:

Every single page of this guy's liveblog is absolute gold when you consider everything he says in the context of what he has yet to read. Like, when he says he wants John to be killed, or that he feels like the whole story is just an elaborate joke played at his expense.

He's really spot on in his analysis.
You have to wonder if he won't end up having a sort of begruding love-hate for it by the time troll romance shows up.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 18, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Every single page of this guy's liveblog is absolute gold when you consider everything he says in the context of what he has yet to read. Like, when he says he wants John to be killed, or that he feels like the whole story is just an elaborate joke played at his expense.

He's really spot on in his analysis.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh dear, this guy is amazing. WV just made Can Town and here's what he says:

TVTroupesExpert posted:

So, it seems that, each time a new character is introduced, we have to spend a couple dozen pages just with them doing shenanigans. I hope that not too many characters are introduced. A long string of shenanigans does not a webcomic make.

Let me tell ya bout' Trolls bro...

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So does that guy not get what "jokes" are, or what?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So does that guy not get what "jokes" are, or what?

Considering TVTropes page on the subject, I'll let you reach your own conclusion.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Odds on him finally succumbing and going along for the ride, vs imploding in rage?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Who cares if he does or doesn't? He's boring. I swear he's quoting TvTropes verbatim.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Who cares if he does or doesn't? He's boring. I swear he's quoting TvTropes verbatim.

I dunno, laughing AT him is pretty entertaining to me. His tantrum at the UNPSYCHE before EOA2 is incredible.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Fucknag posted:

I dunno, laughing AT him is pretty entertaining to me. His tantrum at the UNPSYCHE before EOA2 is incredible.

The guy's very first post featured

quote:

It is like there is a very elaborate joke going on behind the scenes that is being played at my expense.

Guy got it in one, honestly.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Oh god it really happened :stare:

e: and Vriskachat returns :v:

KoB fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 18, 2012

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

WELP, You loving called it. All we can do now is :stare: and :ohdear:

Initial shock aside, look how happy Gamzee is to be going into his fridge CHEST OF WHIMSY.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 18, 2012

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
Oh good lord, I can't even...

VrisTavSprite.

VrisTavSprite.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This is going to be amazing.

E: TaVroskasprite.

Double edit: Oh god I just noticed the torso flail!

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 18, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
This is going to be either absolutely horrible, or beautiful in every way. Only time will tell.

I'm sort of wondering what its horns will look like. ...And what gender it ends up being.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That was morbid as gently caress. :stare:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Out of all the predictions that was the one I least expected to come true.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, that's one way to get fewer characters.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cleretic posted:

This is going to be either absolutely horrible, or beautiful in every way. Only time will tell.

You are thinking too small, its going to be both.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
How the hell did someone predict this? :stare:

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
I told myself a few days ago, when we were discussing it in the thread, that this would never happen. I did that because the thought made me want to slit my wrists, something about this scenario just makes me cringe and want to throw up. It's like, we are going to be getting some weird, awful, amalgamation of my least favorite character, and someone who I thought we were thoroughly finished with. :(

EDIT: I am going to preemptively stay clear of Homestuck for a few days. This is going to completely loving irrationally trouble me.

firestruck fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 18, 2012

KoB
May 1, 2009

Quotetype posted:

we are going to be getting some weird, awful, amalgamation of my least favorite character, and someone who I thought we were thoroughly finished with. :(

And also Vriska :rimshot:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Perhaps this combination will end up with the true birth of Rufio

Siemens
Apr 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
gently caress

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh

Oh dear god.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
You know I was just thinking to myself about how long it's taking to get the ball rolling with B2 and how the kids and trolls what kind of role they would play.
At no point did I think that this would be a thing that happens.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

please no

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Jane's face is the perfect reaction to what's happening.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The more I think about this the more I keep having to suppressed my laughter. I need the next few updates NOW! Vritavsprite guys. It is a thing that has happened/is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So anyways, ignoring how insane it is that someone predicted this, I'm not sure I like this development.

I like Vriska and wanted her to come back, but I was glad Tavros was gone (I realize that there are probably a large number of people who felt the opposite.)