Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

If you're not into buying $330 sheets :wtf: Walmart has some pretty drat good sheets for cheap. I got some real nice high thread count ones four years ago for $10 and they're still in perfect shape.

I liked the American Apparel Jersey sheets well enough, but they didn't hold up all that well. Sheet shopping is really confusing too, sateen, pima, thread count this that the other thing AHHHH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

I liked the American Apparel Jersey sheets well enough, but they didn't hold up all that well. Sheet shopping is really confusing too, sateen, pima, thread count this that the other thing AHHHH!

Grog go sheet shopping. Grog touches sheets. Sheets feel good to Grog? Grog buy these sheets. Sheets 300 thread count? Grog remember for next time. Grog drag sheets back to cave.

-A scene from my life as a terrible linens shopper.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Just to weigh in on the mattress thing, I bought a $100 foam mattress from walmart.com and used a really nice piece of memory foam on top of it (around $200-$300, for a queen). Most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. Not too bad for $300-$400.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

You shouldn't let your mattress just sit on the floor. Not because it makes you look like a slob, but because it prevents ant airflow around and through. Why do you think people have slats instead of a sheet of plywood, or that boxsprings are built like they are? Letting your mattress chill on the floor (or worse, carpet) just makes it get funky faster.

Trilineatus posted:

Grog go sheet shopping. Grog touches sheets. Sheets feel good to Grog? Grog buy these sheets. Sheets 300 thread count? Grog remember for next time. Grog drag sheets back to cave.

This is the best way to shop.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In regard to sheets, don't get hung up on thread count. I've had some crappy feeling high thread count sheets, and much nicer lower count sheets. The best sheets I've purchased have been pretty pricey, but I've also bought and returned expensive sheets that were crap.

Just do what Grog says.

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005
Sheets get softer the more they are washed too, so keep that in mind. I've found that getting striped sateen are my best option, because they don't pill, which ruins the whole point.

Never, ever buy micro fiber, no matter the thread count, they are horrible. Overstock has good deals on sheets, and so do some department stores online, but the downside is you can't feel them, so be wary. I've found Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, and other similar stores have good sheets. If you are willing to hunt around and flexible on color you can find what you want.

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
I bought a $300 memory foam mattress from walmart.com that I love. It came in a small box that exploded when you cut the plastic ties. Almost worth buying just for that.

I'm still looking for a place in Manassas,VA. I'm getting really sick of all the spam listings on craigslist. $900 for a 2000 sqft apartment? Please take my savings!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Trilineatus posted:

Grog finds out after wash sheets were treated with something to make them feel softer in the store. Grog sad. After tenth wash Grog discover sheets aren't very durable. Grog sad again. Another problem with that is some sheets will soften up after washes. My method to sheet shopping is pretty much take stab in the dark and hope I'm right. So far I'm happy with the sheets I got but if they fall apart within a year or two I won't be.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 17, 2012

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.

NomNomNom posted:

I bought a $300 memory foam mattress from walmart.com that I love. It came in a small box that exploded when you cut the plastic ties. Almost worth buying just for that.
I got an inexpensive foam mattress from Ikea, and it came rolled up in plastic, and it was like opening a canister of Pillsbury crescent rolls except huge, and it was pretty awesome. It's been a really good mattress too.

Does anyone have tips on super short moves? My housemate and I are moving about two blocks over the summer, and I'm wondering if money for a U-haul van might be better spent buying a copious amount of beer and food to entice all our friends to come over and help carry furniture down the street, to be followed by an epic barbeque afterwards in my new backyard. Housemate can borrow a few dollies from work, and I can enlist my boyfriend's hatchback for moving boxes and small loose stuff.

As for getting good furniture, keeping a close eye on Craigslist is always a good idea. We just picked up an AMAZING solid walnut dining room set - gorgeous antique table with four matching chairs and a huge antique sideboard all for $100. (To compare, Ikea has a plain tiny table for $100, chairs and sideboard not included.) Housemate found a giant oak desk for $60 a while back. I've also had good luck finding nice furniture and useful items on the curb during the summer when all the leases in my neighborhood turn over. College kids move out in a rush and just dump everything they can't/won't take with them.

edit: What the hell kind of sheets are people buying that fall apart after a year or two? A lot of the sheets at my parents' house are practically family heirlooms, and they're standard 100% cotton with fairly decent thread count, nothing special.

Authentic You fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 17, 2012

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Authentic You posted:

I got an inexpensive foam mattress from Ikea, and it came rolled up in plastic, and it was like opening a canister of Pillsbury crescent rolls except huge, and it was pretty awesome. It's been a really good mattress too.

Does anyone have tips on super short moves? My housemate and I are moving about two blocks over the summer, and I'm wondering if money for a U-haul van might be better spent buying a copious amount of beer and food to entice all our friends to come over and help carry furniture down the street, to be followed by an epic barbeque afterwards in my new backyard. Housemate can borrow a few dollies from work, and I can enlist my boyfriend's hatchback for moving boxes and small loose stuff.

As for getting good furniture, keeping a close eye on Craigslist is always a good idea. We just picked up an AMAZING solid walnut dining room set - gorgeous antique table with four matching chairs and a huge antique sideboard all for $100. (To compare, Ikea has a plain tiny table for $100, chairs and sideboard not included.) Housemate found a giant oak desk for $60 a while back. I've also had good luck finding nice furniture and useful items on the curb during the summer when all the leases in my neighborhood turn over. College kids move out in a rush and just dump everything they can't/won't take with them.

edit: What the hell kind of sheets are people buying that fall apart after a year or two? A lot of the sheets at my parents' house are practically family heirlooms, and they're standard 100% cotton with fairly decent thread count, nothing special.

Antiques are the way to go if you like the style and have the patience to find them. Except dressers, modern slides are super fantastic. As far as your parents sheets question becomes how much did they cost compared to what they would cost today? I blame modern manufacturing and corners being cut creating an inferior product in the end. Generally though I don't go through sheets very fast, I get the itch to try new sheets before mine disintegrate, but I also didn't tend to wash my sheets nearly as often as I should.

When my spring mattress was on it's last legs I got a featherbed thing to put on it, it really helped.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 17, 2012

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Authentic You posted:

As far as I can tell, it depends on three things:
  • The weather
  • Major intersections / lots of pedestrians using the streets?
  • If one of your friends has a pickup for the bigger / heavier stuff.

If all those are good, then I would sign on to that moving party / BBBQ in a heartbeat.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, two blocks doesn't sound far, but that can be a murderous distance to carry some stuff. Like a china cabinet.

If you can, you might want to think about breaking up the move over several days. If its only two blocks and you can overlap your leases a week, you can easily shuttle a bunch of stuff over in the morning/evening, and then get everyone to finish up with the big stuff on the weekend.

KillerBean
May 5, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ashcans posted:

You shouldn't let your mattress just sit on the floor. Not because it makes you look like a slob, but because it prevents ant airflow around and through. Why do you think people have slats instead of a sheet of plywood, or that boxsprings are built like they are? Letting your mattress chill on the floor (or worse, carpet) just makes it get funky faster.

That and it's way easier for bed bugs to get into your mattress!

Just wanted to wrap up my mattress chat: spent the last two nights sleeping on it and it's totally revitalized my mornings. Spend money on a mattress, sleep well, and be a bro. I feel bad for you guys sleeping on foam purchased from wall mart. Yeesh.

Duck and Cover posted:

The trick is finding the quality without getting just plain ripped off.

While this certainly is true, you still seem to be operating under the fallacy that price correlates to quality.

Edit: stay away from hotel luxury linens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lngQwxWQI

KillerBean fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 17, 2012

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.

Duck and Cover posted:

Antiques are the way to go if you like the style and have the patience to find them. Except dressers, modern slides are super fantastic. As far as your parents sheets question becomes how much did they cost compared to what they would cost today? I blame modern manufacturing and corners being cut creating an inferior product in the end. Generally though I don't go through sheets very fast, I get the itch to try new sheets before mine disintegrate, but I also didn't tend to wash my sheets nearly as often as I should.

When my spring mattress was on it's last legs I got a featherbed thing to put on it, it really helped.
I really can't say on the sheets. My parents definitely don't skimp on bedding, but they also don't go out of their way to get special 1200 thread count fancy pants sheets either. My parents go for quality and longevity when they buy stuff, so that no doubt has something to do with the sheet quality, and maybe sheets really were made better back in the 70s. The sets in regular use get washed weekly. I got some cotton Ralph Lauren sheets at a Macy's sale that feel great and have served me well for three years now.

Antiques really are awesome. I definitely agree on the dressers, though. I had a crappy old dresser growing up, and the Ikea one I have now just works so much better. However, if you're especially scrutinizing, you CAN find smooth sliding antique dressers. I have seen them.

Drunk Tomato posted:

As far as I can tell, it depends on three things:
  • The weather
  • Major intersections / lots of pedestrians using the streets?
  • If one of your friends has a pickup for the bigger / heavier stuff.

If all those are good, then I would sign on to that moving party / BBBQ in a heartbeat.

-I'm in PA, so the weather should be pretty warm but in not unbearable.

-We'd be crossing two intersections, one moderate, and the second one, we'd only be crossing the more minor street. This is a calm residential area. Sidewalks are wide and foot traffic is low. It's also flat.

-My neighbor with a giant SUV is moving before I'll be moving, so I don't know.. However, I was thinking along the lines of 'many hands make light work' - two people carrying a giant couch two blocks would suck and be exhausting, but for 10+ people? The difficult items would be the couch and my housemate's giant desk. Dining room furniture is delicate, but not all that heavy. And we'd still have dollies and probably a platform cart. I will definitely be asking around about a truck/van/big SUV though.

Authentic You fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 17, 2012

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

KillerBean posted:

While this certainly is true, you still seem to be operating under the fallacy that price correlates to quality.

Edit: stay away from hotel luxury linens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lngQwxWQI

It does to a certain degree at a certain point you're spending more money for what amounts to very little or none increase on quality. The trick really is finding the sweet spot in which your comfortable. You have to watch out for just paying for a label. Do you know how long I looked for a simple wood table to use as a computer desk? A long time. Particle board particle board particle board. What I ended up with cost too much money and was poorly made, I did however end up with 2 since they send another one out when I complained about a piece with damage (Not so much damage as they broke through the wood where they should not have). Cost does not guarantee quality but from what I've seen it certainly helps.

If you have the patience to search through etsy you can find some nicely priced woodworkers. http://www.etsy.com/shop/arrowheadwood?ref=seller_info

Authentic You posted:

I really can't say on the sheets. My parents definitely don't skimp on bedding, but they also don't go out of their way to get special 1200 thread count fancy pants sheets either. My parents go for quality and longevity when they buy stuff, so that no doubt has something to do with the sheet quality, and maybe sheets really were made better back in the 70s. The sets in regular use get washed weekly. I got some cotton Ralph Lauren sheets at a Macy's sale that feel great and have served me well for three years now.

Antiques really are awesome. I definitely agree on the dressers, though. I had a crappy old dresser growing up, and the Ikea one I have now just works so much better. However, if you're especially scrutinizing, you CAN find smooth sliding antique dressers. I have seen them.

Speaking of Ralph Lauren, I have a cotton blanket (mid layer type thingy) and it's lasted 15+ years. I don't know if it's always been mine either. Too bad it's not a queen. I even looked to see how much a new one would cost http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3938503&cp=1760785.2098770.1761002&ab=ln_home_cs1_blankets&parentPage=family . Mines white or off white. I think Ralph Lauren is the type of brand you never buy not on sale/in an outlet store. I imagine it's more that they didn't skimp, and to get similar quality now just costs more. Quality can be massed produced, it's just people seem more interested in being as cheap as possible.

Heh I had an antique dresser I stopped using it because it was so terrible. I've heard there's such a thing as antiques with good movement but it seems rare and I imagine it would be even rarer in a style I'd like.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 17, 2012

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I did not double post, that did not happen.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I moved from one side of town to the other a few years ago (about 5 miles or so). I called around some local small moving companies and got one to move my whole apartment for $100. Only took a couple hours and was worth not taking a zillion trips back and forth across town. Plus I didn't have to bribe any friends to move all my poo poo down three flights of stairs then up another flight to my new place.

Renting a U-Haul even for an hour or two while you move your big stuff would probably be worth it. It'll go even faster if you have a team of people U-Hauling and a second set in other cars/walking taking small stuff. Plus if you put your stuff in a truck it's less likely to get broken from being dropped halfway to your new place.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Moving anything big is gonna suck. Even with lots of hands.

At the minimum, get a couple of dollies.

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Renting a U-Haul even for an hour or two while you move your big stuff would probably be worth it. It'll go even faster if you have a team of people U-Hauling and a second set in other cars/walking taking small stuff. Plus if you put your stuff in a truck it's less likely to get broken from being dropped halfway to your new place.

We're literally moving about 250 yards up the street. Could very well be that the time saved driving our few large items in a U-haul would get cancelled by the amount of time it takes to drive out to the U-haul place, get the van, drive it back, and then return the van, and drive back home. The annoying part is going to be the stairs involved, and the van can't help us with that.

Even so, it could be that we're JUST moving big items on the day of the moving party. A couple of us are overlapping with our replacement tenants, and we've talked with the current tenant in our new place, so it should be entirely possible to move boxed stuff over multiple days.

Anywho, it's still a few months off, so lots of time to figure out logistics.

edit: There will definitely be dollies and potentially platform carts.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In my experience people named Dollie can't lift poo poo. What you need are dudes named Tiny. They're always huge.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Authentic You posted:

-I'm in PA, so the weather should be pretty warm but in not unbearable.

-We'd be crossing two intersections, one moderate, and the second one, we'd only be crossing the more minor street. This is a calm residential area. Sidewalks are wide and foot traffic is low. It's also flat.

-My neighbor with a giant SUV is moving before I'll be moving, so I don't know.. However, I was thinking along the lines of 'many hands make light work' - two people carrying a giant couch two blocks would suck and be exhausting, but for 10+ people? The difficult items would be the couch and my housemate's giant desk. Dining room furniture is delicate, but not all that heavy. And we'd still have dollies and probably a platform cart. I will definitely be asking around about a truck/van/big SUV though.

I did a move two blocks over in Manhattan on foot and with a minivan with three people. As long as everything can fit in the SUV that can't be carried the distance, grab a couple of friends, buy some racks of beer as thanks, and do it that way. Better than wasting that money on a moving van for two blocks.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
On the topic of bed size: I have a queen and it is more than enough room for 2 (chubby) people from my personal experience. If you're a spawler, then a king may be preferable, but I still think a queen is reasonable.

On the topic of sheets: Touch em. I refuse to buy sheets online because I can't touch them. Forget about thread count or whatever, focus on how they feel. Is it a fabric that you want to sleep on night after night? I've found 100% cotton sheets to be the best, though microfiber sheets are super soft and wonderful if you're not one of those people who turns into a furnace when you sleep.

On the topic of paying people in beer to move your stuff down the road: Do it. Worst comes to worst, you have to buy extra beer because moving heavy poo poo 250 yards is a pain in the rear end.

e: I don't word good :downs:

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 17, 2012

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

ConfusedUs posted:

Moving anything big is gonna suck. Even with lots of hands.

At the minimum, get a couple of dollies.

I keep reading this as doilies and it's making the whole discussion much more elegant.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I have a craigslist posting for my place and for the most part, I haven't dealt with any weirdos...until now:

quote:

That's actually exactly what i need, and if i like it i could put down a security deposit. Text me at [##] with details? Thanks :)

quote:

Can you text me ? That's exactly what i need. [number]

quote:

Yes, can you text me though? Thats exactly what i need.

quote:

Text

quote:

Thats exactly what i need. Text best

I received all of these emails within the span of two minutes. :stare:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Maybe the number he's giving you is something that automatically subscribes you to something that charges you a bunch of money a month when you text it (and s/he gets a cut)? I've had people at gas stations ask to "borrow my phone" to do exactly that.

john mayer
Jan 18, 2011

Authentic You posted:

We're literally moving about 250 yards up the street. Could very well be that the time saved driving our few large items in a U-haul would get cancelled by the amount of time it takes to drive out to the U-haul place, get the van, drive it back, and then return the van, and drive back home. The annoying part is going to be the stairs involved, and the van can't help us with that.

Even so, it could be that we're JUST moving big items on the day of the moving party. A couple of us are overlapping with our replacement tenants, and we've talked with the current tenant in our new place, so it should be entirely possible to move boxed stuff over multiple days.

Anywho, it's still a few months off, so lots of time to figure out logistics.

edit: There will definitely be dollies and potentially platform carts.

You might want to look into a home depot truck. They're super cheap, by the hour, and it'll be a lot easier to put stuff in a truck bed than to secure a giant Uhaul for a two block move. Plus you'll probably end up needing to buy house stuff there anyway. (:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I'm moving halfway across the country from Orlando to Kansas. I'm debating selling my large items and packing everything else (TV, computer, receiver, clothing, speakers, etc) into my wagon and just going out there because I'm getting a generous relocation allowance.

Besides a heavy couch, and a queen sized bed, everything else would fit without a trailer, at most a roof pod thing. Not knowing anyone there would make moving stuff in a pain. Am I crazy for considering the thought of buying mostly new? Or should I just rent a small trailer?

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005

toplitzin posted:

I'm moving halfway across the country from Orlando to Kansas. I'm debating selling my large items and packing everything else (TV, computer, receiver, clothing, speakers, etc) into my wagon and just going out there because I'm getting a generous relocation allowance.

Besides a heavy couch, and a queen sized bed, everything else would fit without a trailer, at most a roof pod thing. Not knowing anyone there would make moving stuff in a pain. Am I crazy for considering the thought of buying mostly new? Or should I just rent a small trailer?

I'm in the same boat. I'm moving from NC to TX and what makes the most sense to me is to sell everything. The cost of a trailer isn't worth it for me. I'm planning on getting rid of everything but what I can fit into my car. I'm keeping my TV, some clothes, a ton of books, some nicer kitchen stuff, and my cat. I figure I can just buy what I need when I get there. I'd rather get where I'm going and then buy things as I need them. If you see a crazy lady with a cat in her lap singing along to the radio in your travels, be sure to honk!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Ctrl_Alt_Delete posted:

I'm in the same boat. I'm moving from NC to TX and what makes the most sense to me is to sell everything. The cost of a trailer isn't worth it for me. I'm planning on getting rid of everything but what I can fit into my car. I'm keeping my TV, some clothes, a ton of books, some nicer kitchen stuff, and my cat. I figure I can just buy what I need when I get there. I'd rather get where I'm going and then buy things as I need them. If you see a crazy lady with a cat in her lap singing along to the radio in your travels, be sure to honk!

I'm going to Wichita, what part of TX? We could have a mini camp. ;)

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005
Austin, only a few hours away from the best chimmis ever!

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

toplitzin posted:

I sold everything big that I owned when I moved from Florida to Oregon and shipped the small stuff in boxes via UPS. You aren't crazy.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I've just moved in and aparently the central air in this apartment was a total lie. How much of a pain in the rear end is installing window mounted AC units and would it be a better idea to have it in the living room or the bedroom? Also does anyone have a suggestion for them?

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 26, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So I have a massive painting that's about 4 ft by 4.5. It's also too heavy for one person to lift. It's currently leaning against the wall and taking up lots of space. Any suggestions on what to do with it that don't involve drilling holes in the wall? Best I can think of is put it up on a bunch of cinderblocks. My ceilings are pretty high.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Buy one of those entertainment centers that are designed to mount a massive flat-panel TV, and put the painting in the middle of it.

Out of curiosity, what's the problem with drilling some mounts for it? I can't imagine lugging around something that big/heavy and then not bothering to display it properly.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

blakout posted:

I've just moved in and aparently the central air in this apartment was a total lie. How much of a pain in the rear end is installing window mounted AC units and would it be a better idea to have it in the living room or the bedroom? Also does anyone have a suggestion for them?

My family did this when I was a kid and my grandpa still does it. I can't speak to the difficulty of it, but we always put the unit in the living room and things kept cool for us.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

blakout posted:

It's not that hard. They can be heavy as balls, and they're kind of awkward shaped, but I'm a short person with short arms and I have managed to install them on my own several times. If you buy a newer one it is probably going to be lighter than the ones I've dealt with, too.

There are also portable ish things like this one. They can still be a pain because you have to convince the hose it really wants to stay in the window, but they're easier to move around in general and aim at the part of the room (i.e. your sleeping face) that needs to be coolest.

If it's not way hot outside where you are yet, check craigslist & such, too. There will soon be about a million people looking for free/cheap a/c but you might have some luck if it's still early.

Oh, and put it in the room you spend the most time in. I can't stand to be hot while I sleep so a/c in the bedroom. This results in me spending most of the summer in the bedroom. It works out.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

The big danger with a window AC is the moment when you are fitting it into place but haven't locked it in - basically when it's mostly likely to overbalance and fall out the window. Doubly bad if you happen to be above the first floor!

You definitely want to put it in the room where you will be spending the most time - and where you can isolate it. Don't try and cool down your entire house with a window AC! So pick your room, close the door, and there you go.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Discovered Scraphacker yesterday. Apparently it's an affiliate of IkeaHacker, which was posted a few pages ago.

Anyway, I'm totally making everything out of shipping pallets from now on.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

blakout posted:

Its super easy (just a pain in the rear end to store during winter as it needs to come out). Make sure it's secured correctly and be careful. A second person helps a hell of a lot with the balancing before the window is closed, but it's not needed. What's not a bad idea is buying something to seal the window where the AC doesn't do it well. It'll save you on electric bills.

And 100% pick one room, you won't AC the whole house. No way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Anybody have advice on buying a nice bed? I am moving out of my current place this month, and don't want to take my old Craigslist mattress and lovely Ikea bedframe with me. New town has a Sam's Club that has an okay selection of mattresses and boxsprings to choose from and reasonable delivery charges. Would I be better off buying from an outlet? What would be a good price for a quality King mattress+Boxspring+Bedrame?