Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Saturday Mornings posted:

One of the posts over in the MSPA forum was pretty interesting, I thought. Assuming Tavros and Vriska don't immediately implode or something, isn't having a sprite that can mind control animals and humans/trolls pretty powerful?

Turns out, Tavrisprite can only mind control humanimals, which makes the power much less powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

Turns out, Tavrisprite can only mind control humanimals, which makes the power much less powerful.

Jade's hosed then.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Glory of Arioch posted:

Jade can do basically anything though, and she is a humanimal.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Cabbit posted:

Still kind of hosed up!

More so, in fact, if the original two entities are erased when this happens.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This is unbelievably morbid :psyduck:

What the gently caress Gamzee. What the gently caress man. That's not cool man.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is unbelievably morbid :psyduck:

What the gently caress Gamzee. What the gently caress man. That's not cool man.

It's a motherfucking miracle. Combining the most cutthroat fighter with the guy best at puzzle bullshit.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Just so we're clear Vriska and Tavros have been yanked out of the afterlife (by Jadesprite's report, anyway), this isn't just two copies being squashed together. Whatever's going on mentally here may well result in the obliteration of both characters. Heck, even if the merger goes 'well', it can still mean both Vriska and Tavros cease to be and some new consciousness takes their place.

Man Gamzee's really raising the bar from mere murderer to soul-destroyer here.

edit: VVVV Dirk would have one of the most interesting perspectives on it, considering he comes off as fairly responsible especially regarding creating sentient life and letting it reach its potential. He'd probably find Gamzee's actions pretty abhorrent. Guess we'll see when he crams Feferidan or Nepequius into his sprite.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 18, 2012

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Dolash posted:

Just so we're clear Vriska and Tavros have been yanked out of the afterlife (by Jadesprite's report, anyway), this isn't just two copies being squashed together. Whatever's going on mentally here may well result in the obliteration of both characters. Heck, even if the merger goes 'well', it can still mean both Vriska and Tavros cease to be and some new consciousness takes their place.

Man Gamzee's really raising the bar from mere murderer to soul-destroyer here.

Dirk's gonna be pissed when he hears that Gamzee stole his role.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
"Oh hey, homestuck updated. Wonder what wacky shenanigans Gamzee's up to now..."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A good friend of mine just made an amazing thing.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You know what could happen? If the dual prototyping continues, if Gamzee ends up prototyping Sollux, he could be paired with Dirk's Auto-Responder. That'd be pretty interesting to see. That is, of course, assuming this train of insanity continues to barrel down the tracks.

Edit: ^ Haha, that's hilarious.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I was hoping that a couple of the trolls would come back in sprite form, but not like this. :ohdear:

I hated Tavros, but liked Vriska as a character, and seeing them come back after wandering the dream bubbles would be a good way to show growth without a flashback. Though as individuals. Which may mean that not all the dead trolls would be prototyped, but I can live without... most of the dead ones to be honest. Aside from Vriska, all the characters I do like are alive.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Wait, was Doc Scratch's message to Karkat referencing this? Don't turn your back on the bodies?

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 18, 2012

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well, I think we all know there is only one way this will end

Gcat is Q in this analogy.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 18, 2012

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

Wait, was Doc Scratch's message to Karkat referencing this? Don't turn your back on the bodies?

Maybe. But if that is the case, Scratch would probably consider Gamzee's corpse-sprite shenanigans to be a bad thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So I think we can be done with the whole "what updates happened on your birthday" thing.

Because whoever was born on April 18th pretty much wins by default now.

(It's me)

We both have the BEST birthday gift of all time. Tavriska.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So if the bodies being prototyped yanks them out of the afterlife, what exactly would happen to Sollux if Gamzee throws his corpse in? He's not strictly speaking dead, only half-dead.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay it's official. This is my new favourite Homestuck update.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Jyrraeth posted:

I was hoping that a couple of the trolls would come back in sprite form, but not like this. :ohdear:

I hated Tavros, but liked Vriska as a character, and seeing them come back after wandering the dream bubbles would be a good way to show growth without a flashback. Though as individuals. Which may mean that not all the dead trolls would be prototyped, but I can live without... most of the dead ones to be honest. Aside from Vriska, all the characters I do like are alive.

I'm in the same boat. All the trolls I really like are still alive, save Vriska. And now she's been twisted into some monster thing god loving damnit tavros I'm blaming you for this you socks and sandals motherfucker

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
None of this would have happened if Aradia had been allowed to have her corpse party :colbert:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I think what I'm looking forward to most about this development is how the music team will treat it. Vriska is my favorite character partly because her songs are all so fantastic, and Tavros (+ the Summoner) has some pretty sweet tunes too, so their combo theme could only be either utterly amazing or hilariously horrifying.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I will never understand the visceral hatred some people have for Tavros :( it's like hating Charlie Brown.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

I will never understand the visceral hatred some people have for Tavros :( it's like hating Charlie Brown.
Its the socks + sandals, really.

bigbigtruck
Feb 7, 2011

rattlesnake caught in a wheel well, strawberry in an ostrich throat

Prison Warden posted:

That is absolutely glorious.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
I didn't see anyone mention it, but considering how ornery Vriska is, Tavska's going to be one hell of a battle rapper. I cannot wait for the eventual interdimensional rap battle. Davesprite vs. Tavskasprite is gonna be great.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

If there aren't people working on Vriska/Tavros themesong mashups RIGHT NOW I will lose faith in the internet.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Ominous Jazz posted:

I hate Charlie Brown about as much as I hate Tavros, I don't like characters that the reader is forced to pity.

(I hate the Charlie Brown cartoons for various reasons, but not related enough to Troll Opinions(tm))

But eh, I'm not going to poo poo on anyone who likes/dislikes a character just because I don't. Tavros had a purpose in the story and I might have some sympathy for him if I re-read hivebent. Maybe.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Angry Guacamole posted:

I didn't see anyone mention it, but considering how ornery Vriska is, Tavska's going to be one hell of a battle rapper. I cannot wait for the eventual interdimensional rap battle. Davesprite vs. Tavskasprite is gonna be great.

No, what would happen is it'd be as set-up for a four-way rap battle, but then Sawtooth would show up and just verbally dismantle everybody before they even had a chance to speak.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

If there aren't people working on Vriska/Tavros themesong mashups RIGHT NOW I will lose faith in the internet.

http://turbro.tumblr.com/post/21335499089/jit-makes-stuff-steamlord313-captainpunish-wow

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm probably running this poo poo into the ground at this point, but I don't hate Tavros.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tavros is the story's whipping boy, the whole point is getting to laugh at his hilarious misfortunes. Hate or pity would be misplaced.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Tavros is the story's whipping boy, the whole point is getting to laugh at his hilarious misfortunes. Hate or pity would be misplaced.

I wouldn't say pity would be misplaced, but he is definitely the story's whipping boy. It constantly flip-flops between hilarious misfortune and pitiful misfortune.

I can't tell if this update has generated more Vriskachat or Tavroschat :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

loquacius posted:

Holy poo poo that Vriskachat thread is GLORIOUS.

VRISKA IS RUINED FOREVER
:qqsay:

Ah god, this is so delicious.

the most delicious thing.

Supercar Gautier posted:

You can't really feel anything about Tavros, he's entirely worthless and has no real bearing on anything, save for one or two things. Hell, no one even gave a poo poo that he died, it was just punctuation for the other poo poo Vriska did.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 18, 2012

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Color Printer posted:

I can't tell if this update has generated more Vriskachat or Tavroschat :v:

Well it's a good thing we don't need to make the distinction anymore. :haw:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
So out of curiosity has there yet been an outraged rant anywhere about how Hussie is pulling a "women in fridges" thing or is there a delighted rant about how he has both a lady and a dude in this particular fridge? Persons in fridges, if you will.

Persons in fridgesChests of Whimsy.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hempuli posted:

At which point should the head shake? Otherwise sure, I'll be happy to improve it.

I was thinking have the head shake after the mouth drops open, then he stops, eyes roll back, turn red then explodes.

We'll call it :miracles:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Really dying to see the next update. Will the sprite just explode on the spot? Fly away screaming? Fall to the ground writing and yelling? Eject Tavros (like Vriska could be overpowered)? Split? Go two-headed?

I just really hope we don't transition away (thus ensuring we transition away).

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Dolash posted:

Really dying to see the next update. Will the sprite just explode on the spot? Fly away screaming? Fall to the ground writing and yelling? Eject Tavros (like Vriska could be overpowered)? Split? Go two-headed?

I just really hope we don't transition away (thus ensuring we transition away).

At the very least I hope it goes two-headed because honestly it is freaky disturbing. :gonk:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

So out of curiosity has there yet been an outraged rant anywhere about how Hussie is pulling a "women in fridges" thing or is there a delighted rant about how he has both a lady and a dude in this particular fridge? Persons in fridges, if you will.

Persons in fridgesChests of Whimsy.

I've seen lots of "JUMPING THE SHARK!!1!" rants so far, no fridge rants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Were I betting man, I'd put money on Jane still screaming.