Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Seoinin posted:

Its the socks + sandals, really.

Pretty much this, honestly. That, and Tavros has some really annoying and vocal fans elsewhere, and a lot of them seem to have really tenuous grasps of the plot and characterization at best.

As a character I think Tavros is pretty decent, but fans harping on about how he's a poor sweet baby who does no wrong and is the most heroic character in the comic, while Vriska is obviously the most one-dimension completely evil sexist slur ever, really grates on me and makes me annoyed at the little dude just by proxy.

At least Vriska's fans seem to have some rudimentary ability to decipher subtext in the comic, and admit that she has some terrible attributes regardless.

Dolash posted:

Really dying to see the next update. Will the sprite just explode on the spot? Fly away screaming? Fall to the ground writing and yelling? Eject Tavros (like Vriska could be overpowered)? Split? Go two-headed?

I just really hope we don't transition away (thus ensuring we transition away).

Either that or the comic will go on hiatus for another two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hate to say it but I think we're stuck with this shambling unlovable hellspawn. There is no Dana, only ZUUL.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I've seen lots of "JUMPING THE SHARK!!1!" rants so far, no fridge rants.

Man, Homestuck doesn't jump the shark. The shark jumps Homestuck. And it's less like jumping and more just wildly orbiting at reckless speeds.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Whatever happens, there's not chance Hussie is not going to sit back and watch the fireworks for at least a little while, savouring the rage as a connoisseur savours a fine wine.

And lobster dinner. Maybe with a dessert of truffles wrapped in saffron.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
and salty breadsticks!

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Snollygoster posted:

My first thought was "welp, Hussie's got the tg/tf fetishist crowd in his back pocket now."

Dare I ask what this is?

vv Makes sense. The tf was throwing me off.

Pessimism fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 18, 2012

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Pessimism posted:

Dare I ask what this is?

Just going down a mental checklist of internet fetishes that Hussie hasn't touched upon yet I'm going to guess transgender/transformation.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dolash posted:

Really dying to see the next update. Will the sprite just explode on the spot? Fly away screaming? Fall to the ground writing and yelling? Eject Tavros (like Vriska could be overpowered)? Split? Go two-headed?

I just really hope we don't transition away (thus ensuring we transition away).
I really really hope that it ejects Tavros and Jane ends up with two sprites. Reasons:
1. It would be interesting
2. Tavrisprite is horrifying to me

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cathead posted:

Man, Homestuck doesn't jump the shark. The shark jumps Homestuck. And it's less like jumping and more just wildly orbiting at reckless speeds.

The shark jumped right out of the tank. It is now spinning through space, screaming, forever.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Just going down a mental checklist of internet fetishes that Hussie hasn't touched upon yet I'm going to guess transgender/transformation.

I think you might want to amend your wording such that you remove the possibility of people thinking you're calling being trans a fetish, because :stare:. Not that I'm accusing you of that, but if I were trans and I misinterpreted it as such, you'd be coming off as a tremendous scumbag to me right now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cabbit posted:

I think you might want to amend your wording such that you remove the possibility of people thinking you're calling being trans a fetish, because :stare:. Not that I'm accusing you of that, but if I were trans and I misinterpreted it as such, you'd be coming off as a tremendous scumbag to me right now.
He's not saying it's a fetish, he's saying that people fetishize it.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Believe it or not, it's one of the first results if you GIS the url of this thread!

Who knew the picture I requested would become so relevant...

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Elysiume posted:

He's not saying it's a fetish, he's saying that people fetishize it.

Yeah, If you ever look at fanart, there's like a million "Here's all the boy characters as girls!!!" pictures out there. There's clearly a group that gets off on that.

Uh, not that I ever look at fan art of course. I was just holding it for a friend.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Decided to post this directly to the thread from my friend's tumblr:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Renaissance Robot posted:

Believe it or not, it's one of the first results if you GIS the url of this thread!

e/ Assuming this is the one you meant of course.

I'm watching the wider community's reaction with mild bemusement. The Vriska thread is golden.

EDIT: Welp. Beaten, I guess.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Cabbit posted:

Uh huh. I am referring to people who fetishize transgendered people. If there's an alternate word to refer to them I would have used it but I'm not aware of any so do please enlighten me.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

What's this "Gamzee is blurry again" thing all about?

From a few pages back, but before Gamzee flipped his poo poo, a lot of people were clamoring for a hero mode style drawing, which he didn't have. It eventually became a running gag that Gamzee would show up blurry in the background of other characters in hero mode. Here are two examples. The ENGAGE HERO MODE panel also stemmed from this, and is why he rapidly goes back and forth from being blurry to not blurry in that panel. It also happened as he was walking toward Nepeta before killing her. If I remember correctly, he got blurrier with every panel.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hahaha, this is basically the perfect song for Tavriska. Which is to say, it's a musical abomination.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
I'm hoping for some Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hide identity flip flop action, with the transitions ideally happening at the most inconvenient moments.

Or a slavering horror that takes out it's pain and feelings of self revulsion by murderizing whatever living thing it can catch and eating it. That would be cool too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Thundarr posted:

The shark jumped right out of the tank. It is now spinning through space, screaming, forever.

If anything, the shark jumped out of the tank and into the Fonz, throwing them into a kernelsprite to make some new, horrible abomination.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
AHAHAHAHAH, just read the update, loving called it! This is terrible and wonderful at the same time.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Constable Lemon posted:

Hahaha, this is basically the perfect song for Tavriska. Which is to say, it's a musical abomination.

Someone made a mashup of the two versions of Vriska's theme that would be perfect here, but sadly they took it down from Youtube. One is slightly slower and in a different key, so it was basically horrible.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

This is all one long joke so Hussie can return as a Ms. Paint/Hussie sprite.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

WAR FOOT posted:

This is all one long joke so Hussie can return as a Ms. Paint/Hussie sprite.

So he can finally achieve his dream of literally being Homestuck itself.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
If it weren't for the metaphysical implications this would be far funnier. But the context of Jadesprite just makes this incredibly morbid :gonk:

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I don't think there could be a more appropriate song for Tavrisprite than this. It comes off just like they do.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
I find Tavrisprite viscerally horrifying in a Cronenberg's The Fly sort of way. I honestly hope that Vriska and Tavros were straight up erased to make this thing, because the alternative of having to follow both egos slowly eroding away makes me kind of nauseous.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
I for one welcome our new abomination overlords.
God I can't wait to see where this thing's story arc is going to go.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Man, Tavrisprite is not going to be happy with Gamzee when s/he realizes that he did this. Oh, hey, I just had a great idea for the next update: [S] Make Him Pay. :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cryophage posted:

I find Tavrisprite viscerally horrifying in a Cronenberg's The Fly sort of way. I honestly hope that Vriska and Tavros were straight up erased to make this thing, because the alternative of having to follow both egos slowly eroding away makes me kind of nauseous.
It unsettles me on every level. I just really do not like that it exists. I really want it to somehow split into separate Tavros- and Vriska-sprites because it is completely abhorrent as it is now.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Combining two long-dead characters into a nearly-all-powerful dual-gendered abomination isn't that weird, you guys.

Beast Wars did it years ago.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
If Tavrisprite is anything like Tigerhawk, she'll be killed off in three weeks anyway.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Edit: ^sup

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Combining two long-dead characters into a nearly-all-powerful dual-gendered abomination isn't that weird, you guys.

Beast Wars did it years ago.

Yeah, and then they almost immediately killed it off.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Edit: ^sup

Yeah, and then they almost immediately killed it off.

Do you think it'll die fighting the big red fork-sign battleship?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Speaking of the battleship...

Is out possible that there are two batter witches in the B2 universe? One invading Earth and one invading Derse?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Man, Tavrisprite is not going to be happy with Gamzee when s/he realizes that he did this. Oh, hey, I just had a great idea for the next update: [S] Make Him Pay. :v:

Nah, Gamzee's just gonna abscond the gently caress out of there and let Jane take the fall.

Wouldn't that just be greatest way to greet your new spirit guide?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

While I agree with the idea that Vriska's story was more or less done with, I was always really bothered with the way Tavros had ended up. The guy finally works up the courage to stand up to his lifelong tormentor and then just gets killed flat-out and then a clown smooches his corpse for the next three years.

I was never really a big fan of Tavros but it just struck me as, aside from being sad, not really a great conclusion for the character! So aside from the fact that this is absolutely batshit insane and terrifying, I'm interested in seeing how it develops.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Thundarr posted:

So he can finally achieve his dream of literally being Homestuck itself.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If Tavros and Vriska were to simply resurrect at this stage in their respective arcs, I would expect it to feel pretty cheap. This is why I'm pretty sure that we're going to see either a staggeringly unhelpful chimera gradually coming to terms with its own abominable existence, or two exact opposites undergoing mutual annihilation. That last one would be a comedy option.

Jane's probably going to be in a bad place. Her sprite doesn't even know who she is, and its two halves are each quite unhelpful for different reasons; why would it assist her? This is the first time a sprite has been prototyped without ever involving someone related to its player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The two halves of Tavrisprite will recognize Jane as being a horrible amalgamation of John and Jade (which is kind of true, if backwards). So the match-up at least has that going for it.